Family Medicine  |
Dr. Judy Rawls, MD
Dr. Judy Rawls, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Madison, AL. She is 59 years old and has been practicing for 31 years. Dr. Rawls is affiliated with Crestwood Medical Center and Huntsville Hospital.

Family Practice Of Madison

8216 Madison Blvd

Madison, AL 35758

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • POMCO Group

Learn about Dr. Rawls

Dr. Rawls' Experience

Dr. Rawls' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

• Family Practice
    Accredited by: American Board of Family Medicine*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

• Univ Of Al Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1986
  • Carraway Meth Med Ctr
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1989

Dr. Rawls has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Rawls does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rawls and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rawls' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rawls to family and friends
2.5
Dr. Rawls' Performance
in Madison, AL |
I have been a patient since 2002 and up until 2010 I would have recommended her. I have only continued see her since she has my health history. The visit has removed all confidence In her practice. Until 2007 she had another dr in her practice. Now she has only has the help of 3 nurse practitioners who cannot write prescriptions for all drugs. I went on Thursday and they sent me a ct scan and would not write a scipt until results, and Dr wasn't available.
Seattle, WA |
Very poor bedside manner. Office hours are inconvenient - she doesn't work on Fridays and takes long lunches. Support staff is kind, but handcuffed by bad policies. Look elsewhere unless all you need is a quick fix for a cold.
Huntsville, AL |
I've had a good experience with most of the nurse practitioners at the office but not with Dr. Rawls herself. She is pushy and rude. And should you need to call on a weekend to let her know you're having an allergic reaction to the antibiotic you were prescribed, she'll be sure to let you know that you're interrupting her lunch. Pathetic. I've been going to this office for several years and have now decided to take my family of 8 elsewhere.
in Meridianville, AL |
I have been a patient here for 15 years. I am 76 and have obviously experienced many medical practices, having lived in 7 states over the years. Dr. Rawls and staff at the Family Practice of Madison have exceeded my expectations on all areas, especially in proper diagnosis, treatment, and referrals at the appropriate times. I have been treated with utmost respect by everyone here. I do recommend her to my friends and family. I consider myself and family fortunate to be a patient here.
in Madison, AL |
Thought I'd done this but downloaded app so maybe duplicate. Basically I've used Dr. Rawls for years. So has my wife, 2 stepsons now 17 & 19, & my 4 year old daughter. They are GREAT with my 4 year old. They really work with us when we need special care. Very friendly staff & knowledgeable Dr's and assistants/ practitioners. Wait times very reasonable except for a couple of outliers. Used to think they were X-ray happy when it came to sinus trouble but that's abated. Our family Dr fullstop
New York, NY |
I too had gone to Dr. Judy for at least 10 years. I thought she was a good doctor until she told me after 10 years that she thought I was bipolar. She had me look at the bipolar sheet of about 15- 20 questions and when I told her that I only saw maybe 1 or 2 that might apply she said I think you're bipolar but you just don't want to admit it. I had a psychiatrist I was going to for ADHD and I talked to a counselor every 4-6 weeks. Wouldn't they have been able to diagnose bipolar disorder?
in Madison, AL |
Office staff is incredibly rude and argumentative. I have been coming to this office for over 10 years and have finally had enough. I've waited for hours in the lobby only to be told that my name was not put in the queue (What!?), had the office manager argue with me about getting a copy of my medical records, and most recently, was treated like a drug seeker when I attempted to make an appointment to refill my antidepressant med which isn't a controlled substance or a type of pain medication.
Alabama |
Never had a problem with this office or staff. All professionals and friendly. Made them my regular family physician.
Have you seen Dr. Judy Rawls, MD?
Are you Dr. Rawls?

Visit Dr. Rawls

Dr. Rawls accepts 10 insurance carriers
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
    Dental Blue 100/200/300
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • POMCO Group