Dr. Judson Black, MD

Dr. Judson Black, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
Dr. Judson Black, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Sandy Springs, GA. He is 73 years old and has been practicing for 47 years.

755 Mount Vernon Hwy NE Ste 430

Sandy Springs, GA 30328

Learn about Dr. Black

See how frequently Dr. Black performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Thyroid Disease
Hypothyroidism
Testicular Dysfunction

Dr. Black's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Thyroid Cyst
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

• Diabetes Counseling

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Med Univ Of Sc Coll Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1970
  • Alabama Med Ctr
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1971
  • Alabama Med Ctr
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1973
  • Mayo Grad Sch Med
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1975

Dr. Black has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Black does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Black and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Black's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Black to family and friends
3.2
Dr. Black's Performance
    FAIR
Atlanta |
I really like Dr. Black, but his office staff is awful. My labs were drawn mid June, and 3 weeks later, I get a letter I can't read telling me to call office. After 2 excessively long holds, I'm told they need to know what dose of meds I am taking. HE PRESCRIBED IT!!! Nevertheless, I told them. 24 hours later I've heard nothing. This is not the first time I've been frustrated by these rude numbskulls.
Gainesville, GA |
Awful doctor and office. I would give zero stars if I could.
in Somewhere in, SC |
Dr Black is very nice man, did a lot of explaining, said he could help, and told me I needed some testing done. Got that done. Told me I needed 2 more tests to get insurance approval for treatment. Insurance is denying because the doctor's office can't seem to submit information needed to insurance. Experiencing same issue with blood work. Didn't put diagnosis code on form sent to lab. The staff is totally incompetent, rude, and couldn't care less about the patients. Horrible service.
Alpharetta, GA |
I don't normally post on here but I saw so many negative comments about the staff that I wanted to share. I saw Dr Black today. He is a very sweet, albeit quirky man! He was very professional and I have high hopes that he will help me figure out what is going on. His staff was totally fine! They were friendly and courteous and I was even late for my appointment. I didn't have any issues whatsoever and I am going back in two weeks for my follow up. I would definitely recommend Dr Black!
in Kennesaw, GA |
I don't know how I should rate this. Dr. Black is the best endocrinologist I have EVER seen. I'm a type 1 diabetic of ten years. When I was delivering my baby, I saw him ONCE before, he gave me his personal number for emergencies and it didn't matter if it was 4am, he WOULD be there to help. He is fantastic and I would recommend him EXCEPT for his terribly rude, ignorant, bad attitude front desk staff. If you want a good doctor and are willing to deal with such incredibly trashy staff, go here.
in Carrollton, GA |
Dr. Black is great at explaining what you're body is going through (I have hyperthyroidism). His staff (especially the ladies behind the front desk) is very rude. They are snippy, short with you, and don't care about making anything convenient for the patient. Once when I was there, I saw them act extremely rude to an older man & was furious for him! I also don't like that he makes you come into the office to have blood drawn. They should do like other practices & fax the bloodwork order to you.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Black himself is wonderful. He listens to what you have to say and explains things thoroughly. His staff leaves something to be desired. If you need a refill or have a question, be prepared to wait...and wait...and wait...and wait...and wait. Forget about EVER getting a call back if you leave a message, even though the recording says they will call you back within 24 hours.
Atlanta, GA |
I give up! Test results takes forever. He is very knowledgeable, his team is awful! He does everything and takes forever to have things done. Scheduled appointment with another doctor. I will be bald if I keep waiting for this doctor.
in Kennesaw, GA |
Dr Black and his office are a nightmare. Dr could not figure out what was wrong with me so he told me he would just test me for everything under the sun. He could not manage my diabetes. I found him to be extremely incapable and not willing to make an honest effort to fix my problem, just throw something at the wall and hope like heck that something stuck. Nevermind the cost to my wallet. I do not trust him at all and have left his practice. His office is the worst I have EVER seen in 30+ yrs.
Roswell, GA |
Personally, I love Dr. Black but his office staff is going to kill his practice! It took them over a month to refill one of my prescriptions. In this time I ran out of supplies entirely and was brushed aside from one staff member to the other. I love this doctor, but because of his staff I will never go back to this office ever again!
in Atlanta, GA |
I like his candid approach, simple no onsesnsa, but the front office is going to kill his practce, arrogant, very patronizing, being put on hols for unbelievable lenth of time for a REFILLm 28 minutes as I write this, Sill waiting 37 minutes
in Atlanta, GA |
This doctor needs to fire EVERYONE and start over with a new group of people that respect his clients. I can't stress it enough. Especially if you're already sick, you don't need any type of negative energy over your body or spirit from your healthcare providers office. Don't waste your time going here!!!! ~~~ These people are awful ~~~
Norcross, GA |
I do like Dr. Black a lot and would like to recommend him to my family and friends but I wouldn't do it because of rude, unprofessional and patronizing front desk stuff.
very experienced
Have you seen Dr. Judson Black, MD?
Are you Dr. Black?