Dr. Judith Thompson, MD

Dr. Judith Thompson, MD

General Surgery  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Judith Thompson, MD is a general surgery specialist in New Braunfels, TX and has been practicing for 28 years. She graduated from Univ Of Tx Med Sch At San Antonio in 1990 and specializes in general surgery and breast surgery.Read her story

876 Loop 337 Ste 101

New Braunfels, TX 78130

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • CHAMPVA
  • HealthSmart

Learn about Dr. Thompson

See how frequently Dr. Thompson performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Colectomy
Thyroidectomy or Thyroid Lobectomy
Excision of Breast Tumor

Dr. Thompson's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Thompson's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Thompson "Dr. Thompson is a graduate of Texas A&M University (BS Biochemistry) and University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (Doctor of Medicine). She completed 6 years of surgical training and research at East Tennessee State University. In 1987 she was the recipient of the Outstanding Young Women in America award for founding and her work with a program for medical students to address the needs of the less fortunate of San Antonio. She is the mother of two fine sons of whom she is very proud, just ask and see what happens!"

This content was provided by Dr. Thompson "Welcome to my office. I am a surgeon, and I imagine that there may be other places you would rather be. Your health and needs have brought us together and will be the top priority of our visit. We will focus not only on your surgical issue, but also on general wellness, healthy lifestyle choices, how to maintain good health, and how to prevent future problems. For the entirety of my professional life, I have provided health care to other. I love what I do despite the tumultuous changes overtaking our healthcare system. Please know that you have found a doctor who cares about what matters to you. My Motto: Live well and do good things."

• General Surgery
  • Breast Surgery

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Surgery*

• Texas A&M University / Main Campus
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Univ Of Tx Med Sch At San Antonio
    Medical School | Graduated 1990

Dr. Thompson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Thompson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Thompson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Thompson's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Thompson

Dr. Thompson?
Dr. Thompson's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Judith Thompson, MD
RecentHighestLowest
Dr. Thompson performed emergency surgery to remove my gallbladder. Dr. Thompson is very kind and definitely has an awesome bed side manner. She is very professional and very easy to speak to. She answered all of my questions without hesitation and I never felt rushed. She really made my first...Read More
Sharon Norwood in New Braunfels, TX – Aug 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Judith Thompson, MD?
Personable and interested in your problem. She listens to what you have to say.
Rose Marie Zipp in New Braunfels, TX – Jul 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Judith Thompson, MD?
Very well explained all the surgery process. Very attentive to answer all questions. Provides great literature on topic. Also office staff well learned and good service.
Rosa c – Jun 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Judith Thompson, MD?
After dealing with breast cancer in NYC in 2005, we moved to New Braunfels. I was sure that the Texas doctors would not be able to meet my expectations from what I was accustomed to receiving. Dr. Thompson and her staff surpassed by expectations and proved me to be so wrong! Dr. Thompson and...Read More
Cindi S. in New Braunfels, TX – Jun 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Judith Thompson, MD?
My husband needed gallbladder surgery and was considered moderate to high risk due to heart and diabetic issues. We prayed for God to find us a caring, competent surgeon. Even before we had our consultation, two of my co-workers told me of their experience with Dr. Thompson, and how professional...Read More
Feb 21, 2018
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Thompson?