Dr. Judith Betts, MD

Dr. Judith Betts, MD

Internal Medicine | Female

My goal is to help patients achieve quality life. My mantra is to treat patients as I would want my own family treated. I pride myself on spending quality time with patients to assure they have a thorough understanding of their health problem as well as their options for treatment.

Dr. Judith Betts, MD is an internal medicine doctor who practices in Austin, TX. She is 58 years old and has been practicing for 32 years. Dr. Betts is affiliated with St. David's Medical Center and Seton Medical Center Austin.

Dr. Betts' Experience

See how Dr. Betts' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Betts

Dr. Betts accepts 7 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Betts has admitting privileges.

Dr. Betts' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Betts to family and friends
    Dr. Betts' Performance
    in Austin, TX |
    She has saved my life more times than I can count
    in Austin, TX |
    I have been seeing Dr. Betts for over a dozen years and have complete trust in her competency, professionalism, and " bedside" manner. She has been seeing me since I was a stage 1 (Polycystic) Kidney Disease patient, through stage 5, and now is my post kidney transplant Nephrologist. Never once have I doubted her judgement and in following her prescribed treatments I feel I was, and am now, as healthy as probably any kidney patient could/can be!I She is very caring, pleasant, & a good listener!
    Austin, TX |
    Dr. Betts takes the time to listen. She is very knowledgeable and understanding. She was recommened to me and I could not be be more pleased.
    Austin, TX |
    My experience when I saw Dr. Betts was very good, it was to the point and her referral to a hematologist was dead on. She's great! The only issues I found were 1) scheduling as it took 2 weeks to get an appointment in a case that was evidently a rather big emergency and 2) her nurse seems to be having a bad day on the phone, never in my life have I been talked to by a nurse so aggressively or rudely. When people are sick a little compassion helps. Outside of those items she's a doctor I'd refer.
    in Austin, TX |
    dr Betts is very professional.
    Austin, TX |
    Best nephrologist I've had. Great bedside manor. cares about the patients and will take the time to explain everything.
    Austin, TX |
    Dr. Betts has treated me for 4years, her knowledge and expertise has stablized my health.
    excellent
    Austin, TX |
    Wonderful caring physician! Would recommend to anyone facing kidney disease. Have been with her through thick and thin.
    in Austin, TX |
    I have been a patient of Dr. Betts for many years. She combines her deep compassionate nature as well as her astounding knowledge of nephrology both of which put me at ease. She spends time talking to me, as well as listening to what I have to tell her and looks at all problems from many angles. You couldn't ask for a more intelligent, caring nephrologist or doctor, period.
    Austin, TX |
    Dr. Betts is very easy to talk with during office visits. Before she retired, my previous gynecologist told me she knew I was in good hands as they were in medical school together and Dr. Betts was one of the students at the top of their class.
    in Austin, TX |
    Competent and friendly and answerd all questions
    in Austin, TX |
    Dr Betts is the BEST! She has taken excellent care of me and my mother for many years. She always answers all of my questions with infomation that helps me understand my condition. I have other health issues and she coordinates my care with the other providers. Her office staff is friendly and helpful. I'm so thankful she is my doctor!
    in Austin, TX |
    Very thorough. I am very confident in her care.
    Have you seen Dr. Judith Betts, MD?
    Are you Dr. Betts?

Dr. Betts' Care Philosophy

Dr. Betts' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine
    •  Board certified in Internal Medicine and Nephrology

Dr. Betts has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Betts' Board Certifications

• Hyperkalemia
    • Hypertensive Chronic Kidney Disease
    • Hypertensive Heart and Chronic Kidney Disease
    • Hypokalemia
    • Hypotension (Excluding Maternal)
    • Kidney Disease

University Of California San Francisco

Completed in 1988

University Tex Sw Med Center

Completed in 1991

Dr. Betts does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Betts and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Hemodialysis