Pain Medicine  |
Dr. Juan Woo, MD
Dr. Juan Woo, MD is a pain medicine doctor who practices in Houston, TX. He is 38 years old and has been practicing for 9 years. Dr. Woo is affiliated with Memorial Hermann Healthcare System - Southwest.

18220 State Highway 249 Ste 330

Houston, TX 77070

• AARP
  • Medicare

Learn about Dr. Woo

Dr. Woo's Experience

Dr. Woo's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Pain Medicine

• Pain Medicine
  • Anesthesiology

Dr. Woo does not have any board certifications listed.

• Benign Chronic Pain Syndrome

• Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Spinal Nerve Block

• U Of Tx Southwestern Med Sch At Dallas
    Medical School | Graduated 2008

Dr. Woo has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Woo has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Woo does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Woo and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Woo's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Woo to family and friends
2.6
Dr. Woo's Performance
Spring, TX |
This guy is one of the worst doctors I have ever seen in my 30 years of dealing with pain management docs. He pretends to listen but he doesn't care at all about your pain. He refused to treat me any more and wouldn't prescribe the medication that has worked for me for over 20 years. He is more concerned with making money than actually helping someone who is dealing with a crippling, life altering disability like chronic pain.
Houston, TX |
Dr. Woo is one of the most compassionate and genuinely concerned doctors that I have ever met. Great bedside manner and not pushy about what HE wants to do. He offers up the options, pros and cons of each and doesn't try to steam roll you into an immediate decision. He gives you time to research, think about it, come back with questions and then you decide. His voice alone is so soft and comforting, that i feel better just talking to him. His pain management skills are top notch.
in Spring, TX |
Doctor and staff were wonderful. Only problem was a long wait and the waiting room was very HOT. Everybody fanning themselves. When i ask the staff at the front desk to do something about the heat they said they had no control. Very uncomfortable. ( you ask ).
in Katy, TX |
I have had wonderful experiences with Dr. Woo. My back was broken in a car accident and as a result I have a life long injury that causes chronic pain. He has worked really hard with me to create a plan to manage and prevent much of my pain without requiring prescription pain pills. If you are looking for a pain management doctor that does not rely on prescription pills, then he is a great doctor to consult. If you do prefer prescription based treatment, he may not be who you want to see.
Houston, TX |
Dr. Woo discounted my concerns and skimmed over my complaints of severe pain. I requested medication that has worked for me in the past; he did not agree and opted not to prescribe a medication that's proven to work for my pain. I will not return. I don't feel like he took my personal report of pain with any care or concern.
in Spring, TX |
He is very friendly & explains everything so you can understand.
in Houston, TX |
I was very pleased with my first visit to Dr. Woo. He was very attentive and listened to my concerns. We were able to come up with a plan of action we could both agree on.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Woo has a very good bedside manner, and he is very thorough when prescribing medication. Since my pain is not excruciating, I agreed to additional MRI & x-ray to identify the best pain management tool.
in Houston, TX |
I went to him with an open mind. I'd been out of pain meds for over a month by the time I got an appt scheduled. His asst kept asking why was I really there and made me feel like a pain pill seeking junkie. It was very uncomfortable. I had to tell her in a stern voice that I was seeking a solution for pain due to peripheral neuropathy. He prescribed me Lyrica which helped a lot. After a botched nerve block, he released me to my PCP who found it strange that I'd been released while still in pain.
in Houston, TX |
Dr Woo Is very caring, and he takes the time to listen at YOU, and together he will work out a plan that treats your percific problem , I have been going to him for my back pain every since my surgery in 2014, if you follow his advice you will feel much better,he is concerned about his patients, the Office staff are friendly and timely, no long wait, I am very pleased.
in Houston, TX |
My experience is not at all good I thought this man really cared for his patient but as I can see he seems as he does not I know that its hard to take a patient pain meds but it's how you do it and that's gradually not cold turkey! I have been with dr bass for five years never a problem with meds or procedures I don't like a dr telling me to just try something!! I am very hurt by this and in pain something just told me to look at his reviews shocked reading what I am going through
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Woo replaced Dr. Bass for whom I had the utmost respect for. CR. Bass took time with me and I felt secure with my treatment. Dr. Woo, on the other hand changed my quality of life. He stated I was on to much medication. Dr. Woo undid all my medications. And than had the audacity to say I failed the drug screening. List is he. I've never failed a drug screening.
in Houston, TX |
Dr Woo has been very compassionate with my mother. He listens to her concerns, even her health issues that don't relate directly to her back problem. My mother has multiple health issues which he takes into account as he discusses treatment plans. He is very kind with her. She is never rushed out of the office. The staff is also kind and patient. I feel like my mother has received great care with Dr Woo.
in Houston, TX |
I've had nothing but good experiences with Dr. Woo and his staff. Amanda, Anita, and Gabby are very kind. Dr. Woo listens to his patients and truly shows concern. Dr. Bass could not have found a better replacement. I have been with Dr. Woo since he took over the practice and I am glad that there are still good doctors out there.
in Houston, TX |
I was a patient of Dr.Bass for over 5 years, excellent Doctor. Dr.Woo has helped me see and understand the importance of decreasing some of my medications for the better of my own health. My pain may have increased a little in the middle of this transition but my quality of life has improved and I believe that with time his approach will pay off. There is different techniques and strategies to provide pain relief besides swallowing pain pills around the clock.
in Pinehurst, Texas |
Dr. Bass was my doctor over 6 years. He treated me for progressive osteoarthritis, 2 spinal fusion, 2 total knee replacements and 2 hip replacements. He did drug screenings regularly and never had problems.He knew how to much I suffered and did all he could to ease some of my pain. I cried when he retired but Dr. Woo said he would continue with my care. He lied. He cut my medicine way back and then 2 months claimed I failed my drug screen & would no longer refill my prescription. I am at a loss
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Bass was my Pain Dr. and Dr. Bass retired in July 2015 after 50 years being a Dr. Woo and Greater Houston Pain Consulants bought Dr. Bass business. Dr. Woo wants to put a pain pump in me and put Fentanial in the pump and the FDA has not even approved it. I said no way. I already had 13 back surgeries and I am not going through that again. He was to send in paper work by the 26 of Aug.2015 and he said he does not do paper work. He sent it to them 4 months later and said I could work 8 hrs
in Houston texas |
I refuse to call him a doctor because doctors are people that care about their patient. first he know I have lower back pain and a torn rotator cuff so he questions me with a statement saying So your major complaint is your arm? I had not mentioned my arm to him at all! I told him no because I did not sleep on that arm last night and so far it does not hurt me, it's my lower back! He began to press on my arm, and squeezing it so I asked him not to do that because I did not want my arm to hurt!
Have you seen Dr. Juan Woo, MD?
Are you Dr. Woo?