Dr. Juan Uribe, MD

Dr. Juan Uribe, MD

Neurosurgery  |
Male

Contact provider for availability

Dr. Juan Uribe, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Phoenix, AZ. He has been practicing for 28 years. Dr. Uribe is affiliated with Dignity Health - St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center.

Barrow Brain and Spine

2910 N 3rd Ave

Phoenix, AZ 85013

Learn about Dr. Uribe

See how frequently Dr. Uribe performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Herniated Disc Surgery
Spinal Fusion
Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

Dr. Uribe's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Neurosurgery

Dr. Uribe does not have any board certifications listed.

• Aneurysm
  • Bone Cancer
  • Brain Aneurysm
  • Broken Neck
  • Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors

• Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Fracture Treatment

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Facultad De Ciencias Medicas/Universidad Nacional
    Medical School | Graduated 1989

Dr. Uribe has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Uribe has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Uribe does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Uribe and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dignity Health - St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Cranial Neurosurgery Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Uribe is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Uribe's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Uribe to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Uribe's Performance
in Englewood, FL |
May 11th will be 1 year since having L3-L4 and L4-L5 fusion and doing great totally heal with great results, thanks to the best Dr Uribe and his staff at USF and Tampa General hospital in Tampa, Florida.
in St Petersburg, FL |
Facing death or potential of being quadriplegic, I searched nation wide for the best cervical spine neurosurgeon. I learned he is right here in Tampa Bay -- Dr. Juan Uribe. My situation is complex & requires enormous technical skill & proficiency. My surgery was on January 12th. I have regained physical mobility & my neck is stable. Melissa Byrd, his assistant, is spectacular. She is always accessible & available to answer any concern. This is the best medical practice anywhere.
in Fort Myers Florida |
I was totally paralyzed from T-5 down in Dec 2012. Had surgery March 2013 and began walking after recovery and rehab. He saved my life. During the processI never wanted or waited for anything. His team and staff especially Evelin and Melissa were amazing. He was very attentive post op and made sure himself that I was cared for properly and my pain managed. And he had no problem relaying to the hospital staff how he expected me to be cared for. He's an amazing man.
in Spring Hill, FL |
Nothing compares to having your quality of life back. Dr. Uribe did my Thoracic spine surgery 6 months ago. There are not enough words to express my appreciation and admiration for Dr. Uribe. I have my life back! My legs are strong and the most important of all is that I have no more back pain!. This is a hard surgery and he does the least invasive way and still a delicate surgery. Be in peace you are in the best hands! Great staff and vary caring.
in Tampa, FL |
LOVE HIM!!!! I was in pain for over a year before I finally decided to seek help. He was referred to me by an ER Physician friend of mine, so I called and from the point of meeting his staff Melissa, Tracy and Dr. Uribe, I knew I was in Truly GREAT hands. He is a very caring NON GOD Complex physician who genuinely cares for his patients. He never thought any questions or concerns I had were petty. During all of my office visits he NEVER rushes through them. He will take all the time YOU
in Dunedin, FL |
After suffering with sciatica for 3 years, I had back surgery. Dr. Juan Uribe removed two discs, fused L4, L5, S1 and corrected my spondylolisthesis. Now on my tenth day post-op, I am pain free, walking 20-30 minutes on the treadmill and feel great. I am not tired, eating well and doing more than I expected following a six hour procedure. I highly recommend Dr. Juan Uribe and his wonderful staff. Back surgery can be frightening, but with a skilled surgeon, it can give you your life back.
in Tampa, FL |
40+ yr old flight nurse that is 2 years post op from a L5-S1 spinal fusion due to spondylolisthesis of L5-S1 and bilateral pars defects. When you ask all your colleagues in the trauma and surgical field who they would have operate on them or their family, Dr. Uribe is the first name out of there mouth. If you want the areas BEST spinal surgeon you chose Dr. Juan Uribe. If you want some body to hold your hand you may want to go else were. Currently lifting 300+ lb patients and gym 5 days a week
in Tampa, FL |
I met with Dr Uribe for the first time, provided my x-rays & MRI images, discussed my symptoms and together we decided on a plan of conservative treatment. I was very pleased with his approach and look forward to his medical help in the near and distant future.
I had neck surgery a few months ago with dr.uribe. He's with the USF neurosurgery group in Tampa, FL. I was having pain and loss of motion in my neck due to a car accident. He spent quite a bit of time with me during my appt to talk about options. I decided to have surgery. His staff was wonderful and I couldn't be happier with the results. He took great care of me from beginning to end. I have full range of motion back and no pain. I endorse Dr.Utibe and am so fortunate to have found him.
Have you seen Dr. Juan Uribe, MD?
Are you Dr. Uribe?