Neurosurgery  |
Dr. Juan Ronderos, MD
Dr. Juan Ronderos, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Pensacola, FL. He is 58 years old and has been practicing for 32 years. Dr. Ronderos is affiliated with Sacred Heart Hospital.

5153 N 9th Ave Ste 302

Pensacola, FL 32504

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Ronderos

I have worked to create an environment which embodies the values of providing top-notch service to the patients and their families, timely communication with referring physicians, and making cutting edge technology available to the people of the Gulf-Coast Region.

Dr. Ronderos' Experience

Dr. Ronderos' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurosurgery

• Broken Neck
  • Carotid Artery Stenosis
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia

• Brain Surgery
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • CyberKnife®, Cranial (Stereotactic Radiosurgery, Cranial) incl. Gamma Knife and LINAC Photon Beam
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Nerve Block, Sympathetic

• Carraway Methodist Med Center
  • Tulane University School Of Med
  • University Of Alabama At Birmingham
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1988

Dr. Ronderos does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ronderos and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ronderos' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ronderos to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Ronderos' Performance
in Chatom |
Dr. Ronderos is an amazing surgeon. Nothing I can say really does justice to the man: he is very knowledgeable and his skills are superior, and he is a compassionate and caring person. In 2001 he performed cervical spinal fusion on me with great success. In July when I needed surgery on my L5-S1 vertebrae I reached out to him. He again proved himself to be the remarkable surgeon I knew him to be. His staff is courteous and caring. I highly recommend him.
in Mississippi |
Excellent surgeon. My mother had back surgery and was walking and sitting in a chair later that day. She had a ruptured disk and a buldging disk. She is doing great now and out of pain.
in Mobile, AL |
Dr. Ronderos and his staff are excellent. I had acdf surgery in June and immediately after, I felt so much better. The tingling in my arms was almost nonexistent and thr pain was also very minimal. Today I am feeling great and my surgery was a success. I highly recommend Dr. Ronderos.
in Pensacola, FL |
Dr. Ronderos performed spinal surgery on my wife last year. The care he, his associates, and Sacred Heart gave my wife was phenomenal. I am recommending him to all my friends and family.
Summerdale, AL |
Dr. Ronderos is Amazing! He fused L4-L5, repaired a botched L5-S1 fusion (done by another physician), and realigned L4-S1 with pedicle screws. I went from a constant level 6+ pain in my lower back to mostly painfree!
in Navarre, FL |
On Feb 21 2017 I was at home alone when my thoracic spine ruptured at my T9/T10 area. I was paralyzed from my chest on down. Finally I was taken to the ER. The next day I was referred to the "Baptist " surgeons who ignored me and did nothing for me. I was sent to Dr Ronderos. He immediately examined me and sent me straight into the hospital at Sacred Heart. Dr Ronderos performed surgery on me. Dr Ronderos gave me exceptional care, with his team and Sacred Heart, he's wonderful!
in Pensacola |
I had a surgery done on L3 and L4 for removing the Synovial Cyst in Dec 2015 by another surgeon in Kansas but the pain and discomfort although reduced but did not go away. The original cause was Sciatica. My previous doctor said I need Fusion on L3-L4 to stop the pain. When I moved to Florida I consulted Dr. Ronderos and another Neurosurgeon. The other doctor also told me that I need Fusion if I want to stop the pain forever. But as soon as Dr. Ronderos looked at the old and new MRI and listene
Franklinton, LA |
I was referred to Dr. Ronderos through the Tricare system after discovering spinal stenosis...surgery was my only option. From my first appointment until my final post surgery appointment, Dr. Ronderos and his entire staff were caring and professional. His Physician assistant, Rebecca, was equally as caring and professional. I appreciate the care the Dr. Ronderos provided me.
in Mobile, AL 36693 |
I love Dr. Ronderos! He is honest and straight forward! He's not going to do anything that isn't necessary! If you follow his instructions you will done fine!
in Cantonment, FL |
Dr Ronderos and his entire staff were very pleasant and concerned for my well being. He is an excellent surgeon, his staff is awesome , and I am so glad that he is my doctor. He was able to make right a previous surgery I had and I have no doubt he will get me healthy and where I need to be. I am very thankful he agreed to see me and treated me with respect and really listened to. He is the only doctor for me.
in Foley, AL |
Dr. Ronderos and his staff are very professional, courteous, and organized. Dr. Ronderos performed two surgical procedures that were successful and really helped relieve my pain. His bedside manner is professional with a smile. I am extremely pleased and impressed with the pre-surgical, surgery and post-surgical procedures. I would highly recommend Dr. Ronderos.
in Bonifay, FL |
I searched for over 3 years to find a competent Neurosurgeon that was willing to do an S-I fusion. He took time to verify that I needed it & worked w/ my pain mgt Dr for 1 test. He found a sacral tear & scheduled my surgery. He did an amazing job! I had lost partial feeling in my left thigh(4-1/2 yrs ago during Lumbar fusion surgery), but when I woke up from the I-Fuse S-I fusion procedure, I had complete feeling in my left thigh! I Thank God for Dr. Ronderoes & his caring dedicated staff!
in silverhill AL |
Dr. Ronderos is a no-nonsense neurosurgeon. He does not immediately jump to surgery as the answer to your problem. I have had both neck and lower back surgery with this team and am extremely satisfied. Unqualified recommendation!!
in Foley, AL |
my appointment was feb 14 @ 2 pm after the weigh in the nurse started questing me about my prescription medicine I was taking. I had some medical issues and was prescribed several different prescriptions . I worked diligently on completing the medical form and could not remember the names of the drugs I was taking and what I was not. I told her to read the form and she became short and very rude. the doc came in and wanted to know who sent me over there and after a cursory exam he walked out
in Mobile, AL |
Every doctor I saw before Dr. Ronderos said my lower back was inoperable and I should just accept that I will eventually be in a wheel chair and in severe pain for the rest of my life. Dr. Ronderos after looking at my MRI said that he thought he could fix my back pain. The operation was a grand success and I am now walking with minimal pain. Dr. Ronderos worked a miracle for me and I am forever grateful.
in Atmore, AL |
If I could give 10 stars for Dr. Ronderos I would. I had surgery back in October 2016 and Dr. Ronderos was very patient to my needs and he listened to my complaints. I would recommend all my family and friends to this very fine doctor.
Crestview, FL |
Exceptional, Very Caring and Understanding are just some of Dr. Ronderos attributes. One of the finest neurosurgeon’s in the SouthEast. I was made to feel welcomed and comfortable by his confidence, his wealth of knowledge, skill, and professionalism. He explained all the pros and cons of the treatment to put us at ease. He's a great doctor who listens and takes care of the patient with great attention as if the patient was his own spouse, sibling or child. Thank You Dr. Ronderos for everything.
in Vinegar Bend, AL |
I was referred to Dr. Ronderos by one of his colleagues in Dec. 2015 and was told that he is one of the best surgeons in this area. On June 21, 2016 (the date of my surgery) I was fortunate enough to become one of the many people praising the talents and skill of Dr. Ronderos. He is a consummate professional that is very attentive to the needs of his patients. Not only is he one of the greatest doctors I’ve entrusted my health care to, I can honestly say that he is also a great man!
in Jay Fl |
Dr. Ronderos performed back surgery on me November 10, 2016. He and his staff were outstanding. Prior to the surgery he went through (in detail) with my wife and I, what the MRI found, and what he needed to do to make my pain better. My pain is gone. No more numbness in my leg.....all is good! Henry Arnold Thanks to Dr. Ronderos and his staff!
in Bay Ninette, AL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Ronderous since 2007. He is an excellent surgeon and has always given me the best medical care. I am a Marfan Syndrome patient that has severe spinal problems.
in Pensacola, FL |
I herniated 2 discs in my neck and was having pain/numbness and tingling all the way down my left arm to my hand and fingers. A co-worker told me about Dr. Ronderos. He did recommend surgery. When I woke up in the Recovery Room I was 100% free of the symptoms that led me to him. I am now 3 1/2 weeks post op and have remained symptom free!! I highly recommend Dr. Ronderos!!
in Summerdale |
I had heard from quite a few people who had either used or was familiar with Dr, Ronderos which is why I decided to seek him out for a 3 level ACDF surgery on my C4-5, C5-6 and C6-7. In any case, I had numbness/pain in my left forearm down to my ring and pinky fingers. I also had never ending neck pain and headaches that nothing helped. The surgery was 18 days ago and I couldn't be happier with the results. There is almost no pain at all in any of the aforementioned areas. Fantastic surgeon!
in Pensacola, FL |
Dr. Ronderos is an amazing Neurosurgeon!!! He is far and away the best doctor I have ever met. He is extremely intelligent, a compassionate and caring person and a truly outstanding doctor. He is professional and he makes an investment in the health and well-being of his patients. I consider myself very fortunate to have had the skill, expertise, and experience of Dr. Ronderos. His staff is as equally compassionate and caring. Words cannot express my gratitude to Dr. Ronderos and his staff!!
in Jackson, Al |
Cervical disc surgery was very successful. I was well informed about the procedure and received great care following the surgery.
in Grove Hill, AL |
I have full confidence in Dr. Ronderos. He has relocated from Mobile, Alabama to Pensacola, Florida, but I still choose to travel 138 miles from my home to see him when I have a problem. My experience with him has always been that he tries a conservative approach to treatment of my spine problems before recommending surgery. At some point in time when I do require surgery, he will be my doctor of choice to perform spine surgery. I would not even consider seeing a different neurosurgeon.
Office has NO respect for patient's time. After referral, they quickly got me in and immediately stated I needed surgery without even seeing the MRI. Surgery was scheduled and completed after checking with 2 other neurosurgeons. All follow up appts were EXTREMELY LATE. I sat in the lobby for 2+ hours waiting to see the doctor. Twice I had to see the PA instead as the doctor was 'called for an emergency surgery'. Two follow up appointments had to be canceled and rescheduled due to dr's sched. :-(
in Saraland, AL |
Thanks to Dr. Ronderos, I was able to undergo lumbar (L5-S1) surgery with an incision of one-inch or less. He and his staff are committed to professional standards of performance and answered my numerous questions prior to my final decision to undergo surgery. I highly recommend him and his staff.
in Northport, Al |
Hands down best neurosurgeon in the world! He has operated on my neck twice for a ruptured disk and both times I came out 100% pain free! His nurse called me each time I had surgery to check on me. Amazing man!!!!
Although Dr. Ronderos and his PA Michael Hites are moving their practice to Pensacola, Florida, I would be willing to make the drive to Pensacola if I ever need their services. I wish them all the best because they are the best!
Have you seen Dr. Juan Ronderos, MD?
Are you Dr. Ronderos?