Dr. Juan Prieto, MD

Pediatric Urology ·  Male · Age 46

Dr. Prieto

Pediatric Urology of San Antonio, PLLC

4499 Medical Dr Ste 360 San Antonio, TX 78229

Dr. Juan Prieto, MD is a pediatric urology specialist in San Antonio, TX and has been practicing for 13 years. He graduated from Universidad De Caldas, Facultad De Medicina and specializes in pediatric urology.

Dr. Prieto accepts

Dr. Prieto accepts the following insurance:

Ambetter
Superior Health Plan
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Advantage HMO
Blue Choice

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Prieto's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Bedwetting
  • Bladder Diseases
  • Bladder Repair Surgery
  • Bladder Surgery
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Circumcision, Pediatric
  • Orchiopexy for Undescended Testicle
  • Partial Nephrectomy
  • Pediatric Bedwetting
  • Pediatric Kidney Stones
  • Pediatric Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Peyronie's Disease
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Incontinence Surgery
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Vaginoplasty
  • Varicocele
  • Varicocelectomy or Hydrocelectomy
  • Vesicoureteral Reflux

Juan C Prieto, M.D. performs operations of the genitourinary tract in children including standard open, open minimally invasive, reconstructive, laparoscopic and robotic surgery. He is part of Pediatric Urology of San Antonio, PLLC. He performs his surgeries at Methodist Children's Hospital, Children's Hospital of San Antonio, and Methodist Ambulatory Surgical Center.

• Pediatric Urology

4.1

Dr. Prieto?
Dr. Prieto's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Juan Prieto, MD
My child was born with a birth abnormality that we had been working to get repaired since he was 6yrs old what took us years to accomplish Dr. Prieto did in 3 years and repaired any damage other surgeries before had caused, my child and I are beyond happy with everything that was done.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Juan Prieto, MD?
We took our 6yr old daughter to consult with Dr. Prieto for possible kidney stones. Dr. Prieto was very informative wasted no time in ordering tests to see what was going on with our little one. We were able to get everything done that same day. Dr. Prieto saw us a couple of hours later to discuss the results. Great bedside manners, and great with kids. Definitely worth the 4 hr drive we did. By the way his staff was great with getting us an appointment within 24hrs and very friendly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Juan Prieto, MD?
Two of my children required surgery for kidney reflux. One was much more complicated than the other; however, because of Dr. Prieto's skillful knowledge, excellent explanations and his willingness to strategize about available operation methods; speaks volume about his egoless character, his profesionialism, and his compassion for his work, which resulted in 2 successful outcomes. My wife and were lucky to have found him. We are forever grateful and recommend him to ALL who will listen.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Juan Prieto, MD?
Dr Prieto took care of our son's health condition and we are very pleased with the clinical results after his surgeries. Dr prieto has an excellent clinical knowledge, clinical skills, patient care and bed side manners. He was always ready to answer our questions and explained in detail every step of our son's surgery. I would not doubth for a second to take my kids back to Dr Prieto's care in case it would be needed. I highly recommend Dr Prieto as an excellent Pediatric urologist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Juan Prieto, MD?
My wife and I are extremely happy to have met Dr. Prieto. Our son was diagnosed with a hypospadias as an infant. Prior to the surgery, Dr. Prieto was very thorough in explaining the diagnosis and procedure that he was going to perform. He has excellent bedside manners and demonstrated the utmost compassion towards our son. The surgery was 100% success and we were very pleased with the outcome. Dr. Prieto is an amazing pediatric urologist/surgeon and we would highly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Juan Prieto, MD?
Dr Prieto is a great doctor, he was very patient explaining my son’s condition in terms that we could understand. He made us feel comfortable to ask questions, he took the time to talk to us and we didn’t feel rushed. He has great bedside manners.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Juan Prieto, MD?
Dr Prieto is a very good phisician. My son had a surgery with him and everything turned out excellent. He really knows what he is doing; in my personal opinion Dr Prieto is not only an excellent professional but also a very nice and respectful person.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Juan Prieto, MD?
Dr. Prieto has been my son’s pedi urologist for 4 years, and he always takes the time to make my son feel important, to hear my questions and concerns and to offer educational information regarding my son’s condition and treatment options. I highly recommend Dr. Prieto!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Juan Prieto, MD?
I feel very fortunate to have met Dr. Prieto who took care of my daughter. We feel treated with great professionalism and with great care in such a delicate subject. When Dr. Prieto gave us his opinion, we felt completely safe to be in the best hands and with the most kind care. The information that Dr. Prieto shared with us was very complete and his treatment very effective. Thanks Dr. Prieto; Your courtesy, honest opinion, professionalism and care are superior to any other professional.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Juan Prieto, MD?
Dr. Prieto has such a great attitude, he’s very optimistic with any given situation. He’s been my brothers doctor for about 3 years now and he has changed his life with his ability to perform as a doctor and as a person. He was very welcoming and caring to my family and that’s what you should always see. He gives his undivided attention to his patients and families. Best Urologist in San Antonio!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Juan Prieto, MD?
Mr. Prieto (because to me he doesn't deserve the title of doctor) is very rigid in his interaction with me during my visit with my son. He was not open to understanding the questions I was asking or to understand our situation. He undermined me as a parent in front of my son and I feel he clearly overstepped his bounds as a physician. Do yourself a favor and find a different pediatric urologist.
Ms. Stanley came to my office with the purpose of...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Juan Prieto, MD?
Dr Prieto was recommended to us by my daughters Pediatrician. Since day one he was very knowledgeable and professional. Made us feel comfortable and encouraged me to ask any questions or concerns His bed side manner was excellent my daughter was always happy to see him. I would highly recommend him to anyone that is in search for a Pediatric Urologist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Juan Prieto, MD?
I have had a wonderful experience having Dr. Prieto as my sons doctor. He is patient, understanding, very knowledgeable, and a good listener with a calm bedside manner. His advice has proven true for me on several occasions. I would highly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Juan Prieto, MD?
Wonderful bedside manner and very attentive. I would highly recommend this physician!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Juan Prieto, MD?
Extremely caring and compassionate doctor. He heard our concerns and were able to answer all our questions. I would recommend him to anyone without reservations. My son loves Dr. Prieto and says that wants to be like him one day.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Juan Prieto, MD?
If you’re in pain and male, he’ll tell you “don’t be a sissy” and to simply ignore the pain. We were told that the surgery “went well [and] there should be no pain,” yet soon learned another operation was required. They advertise compassion, a characteristic he seems to lack. Talks about you with his fellow workers within earshot, saying rather unkind things.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Juan Prieto, MD?
I can't say enough great things about him! My husband and I are beyond thankful he was our sons doctor and surgeon. He not only is THE best but he has confidence but also is extremely humble at the same time. Our sons surgery outcome was better than we hoped for and he made us feel at peace during the surgery process! Truly blessed to know him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Juan Prieto, MD?
It was the best experience I have ever had with a physician. Dr. Prieto started the visit offering to speak in English or Spanish. He presented clear explanations of my daughter's condition, then after explaining the treatment options, he respected our wishes and decisions. He has been a great support to us. Our daughter loves to go to his office to interact with him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Juan Prieto, MD?
Excellent Doctor, talented surgeon and terrific person. I am blessed having him as the Doctor of my daughter.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Juan Prieto, MD?
Dr. Prieto is a charismatic, intelligent, and personable Doctor who addresses the questions properly and take the right time to satisfy our needs. He performed a great complex operation on my son and I will be always grateful for his fine surgical skills and expertise. I recommend Dr. Prieto with no reservations to any child with a genitourinary pathology. He is a wonderful Doctor!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Prieto?

Pediatric Urology of San Antonio, PLLC

• Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Prieto treats patients.

Methodist Hospital