Dr. Juan Luque, MD

Dr. Juan Luque, MD

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery  |

Dr. Juan Luque, MD is a dentist who practices in San Francisco, CA. He is 65 years old and has been practicing for 28 years. Read his story

Faces of the Mission

• MetLife
  • United Concordia

Learn about Dr. Luque

Dr. Luque's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Luque "Juan Fernando Luque, MD, DDS, is an oral & maxillofacial health expert. He is board certified in oral & maxillofacial surgery, (See American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery). He is also a member of the American and the California Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons. Following years of training and hospital work in Colombia, Chicago and Los Angeles, Dr. Luque founded the Bay Area Center for Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery in 2009. His practice focuses on complex cases with an emphasis on maxillofacial trauma, facial reconstruction, and surgical procedures to treat sleep apnea, joint related disorders, and oral pathology. In addition, Dr. Luque performs hundreds dental implants each year, utilizing state-of-the-art 3-D imaging technology rarely available in the private clinic setting. See Expertise & Technology. Dr. Luque is on staff at California Pacific Medical Center and Kaiser Permanente in San Francisco. As a staff hospital surgeon, he performs emergency operations for people who have experienced facial trauma such as from car accidents, pathogens or violence. Sharing his professional time between the practice and hospital work, Dr. Luque finds that the balance of the two settings keeps him on the leading edge of developments in maxillofacial surgery, treatments and technologies. Dr. Luque has a passion for using his advanced medical training to serve people around the world. To date, he has made close to 20 pro bono trips to Brazil, Colombia, Philippines and elsewhere to treat over 2,500 children and adults in need of medical care. The work he performs each year includes surgeries for uncommon, difficult cases of cleft palate and cleft lip, tumors, and facial trauma reconstruction. In conjunction with medical providers in each of countries he visits, Dr. Luque also conducts medical evaluations and treatment for a wide variety of medical conditions. In his free time, Dr. Luque enjoys philosophy, triathlons, water polo, traveling the world and learning about different cultures. He speaks English, Spanish, and Portuguese. Reducing environmental impact is very important to the practice. We have implemented a paperless system while working toward conversion to a 100% green medical building."

This content was provided by Dr. Luque "Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery requires up to six additional years of hospital based surgical and anesthesia training. Some oral surgeons additionally attend medical school to develop skills to handle the complex and delicate procedures associated with head and neck surgery.

As an Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon as well as a Medical Doctor, Dr. Luque is uniquely qualified to treat a wide variety of problems relating to the mouth, teeth and facial regions.

Whether you are seeking elective surgery or require treatment for complex conditions of the head and face, we believe in a level of respect and compassion that is the basis of our reputation. Your surgical needs may not require the skills of a top specialist among oral surgeons. However we hope that our continual handling of complicated emergency trauma cases will give you reassurance that we can provide an extra level of capability and sensitivity in handling all oral surgeries."

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

• Oral Sedation
  • Oral Surgical Procedures
  • Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
  • Orthognathic Surgery
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Simple Tooth Extractions
  • Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Surgery

No malpractice history found for California.

• Javeriana University
    Medical School | Graduated 1989
  • Northwestern University Medical School
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Martin Luther King-Drew Medical Center

Dr. Luque has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Luque has no media or publications listed.

• Portuguese

Dr. Luque does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Luque and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Luque's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Luque to family and friends
Dr. Luque's Performance
As soon as my husband and I walked in for his wisdom teeth extraction, we immediately felt at home. All of the staff are warm, great with people, and kept us laughing. They also took the time to ask good questions and show care for us as people. Gave clear explanations of my husband's situation, treatment options, and pricing, making us feel able to make decisions we were comfortable with and clearly understood. We were both incredibly thankful that we chose this office!
Every chance I get I try to convince people to convert over to my dental office. It always takes for something traumatic to happen for them to finally listen to me. Once they come in and visit they realize the difference and regret the time a money they have spent. I've spent 4 miserable years in pain and no sleep. Not only am I at peace now but my teeth look great. Faces of mission staff have really great customer service and they know how to perfect their work.
very good experience an unexpected diagnosis was thoroughly explained. the office made us feel very comfortable.
Doctor Luque was very clear with instructions pre op visit. Made me feel comfortable, an also helped me explore different options.
My experience with Juan was better than I could have expected. I had never had anesthesia before, so I was terrified about the experience. Juan reassured me ad nauseum before injecting the medications. The extraction process was quick, and I recovered my full consciousness within 30 minutes of the procedure. They prescribed an appropriate amount of medication which they then handed to me (saved me a trip to the pharmacy) and promptly scheduled a follow up.
So far , the experience has been professional, curtious, and pleasant. My son is currently in surgury at the moment. All expectations have been met or above expectations. The receptionist made the insurance part easy .
If you have to have your wisdom teeth out, and in a hurry, Dr. Luque and his office are your answer. Everyone in the office is very helpful, efficient and professional. And Dr. Luque does a great job calming nerves and yanking teeth.
in SSF , CA |
I recently had a failed root canal with a molar that was fractured and not viable. Iam also an RN and terrified of the dentist let alone oral surgeon. All I can say is that Dr. Luque and his staff are the most wonderful, caring and competent professionals ever! He graciously saw me on an emergency basis. I received anesthesia, tooth was removed, pain gone, and all over so fast ! Simply the best oral surgeon in the Bay Area ! Do not be afraid!!! Thank you so much Dr. Luque and staff
Have you seen Dr. Juan Luque, MD?

Visit Dr. Luque