Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Juan Alvarez, MD
Dr. Juan Alvarez, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Sebring, FL. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 21 years. Dr. Alvarez is affiliated with Florida Hospital Heartland Medical Center and Bartow Regional Medical Center.

Sebring Office

• Medical Mutual of Ohio
  • Pekin Insurance

Learn about Dr. Alvarez

Dr. Alvarez's Experience

Dr. Alvarez's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

• Total Knee Arthroplasty With Robotic Assistance
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

• Univ Of Fl Coll Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1996

Dr. Alvarez has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Alvarez does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Alvarez and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Alvarez's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Alvarez to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Alvarez's Performance
in Sebring Florida |
Dr. Alvarez explained the surgery. Keeps in touch with you after surgery through healthloop. He answered any questions I had. I would highly recommend Dr. Alvarez.
Apopka, FL |
I have told all my family and friends that I highly recommend Dr. Alverez.
in Sebring, FL |
I would very much recommend Dr. Alvarez for total knee replacement. He is very kind and caring and communicating with him on HealthLoop really puts one's mind at ease. He answers the questions you might have in a timely manner. His staff has also been wonderful, very kind and caring.
in Avon Park, FL |
Dr. Alvarez is a very busy man in Sebring. However, he gladly except new patients. He is very understanding and knowledgeable. He treats you with respect and thoroughly explains what is going on. He doesn't mind answering any questions that you have regarding your care. His office is very busy, but I have always managed to get an appointment quickly when needed. Sometimes the waits are long, but I know that he is giving others the same care he gives me. His staff are very friendly, too.
in sebring fl |
I have Never had this type of procedure or ever been in a hospital. And this was my first experience . I found this such a well explained procedure that I was NOT afraid to go ahead with my operation. The whole staff was caring & courteousness.
Lake Placid, FL |
Dr. Alvarez performed a complete hip replacement on me and I must say I was very surprise at how little pain I had, His team was always available to answer all the questions I had. I definitely will use Dr. Alvarez in the future.
in Sebring, FL |
I have been very happy about the excellent up to date of all the information I was given before & after the surgery, I knew exactly what to expect. Dr Alvarez, his nurses & assistants in his office where wonderful. Also all the pre-op, post-up, all the physical therapist, & all the nurses that worked with me at Florida Hospital in Sebring, FL went above & beyond to make me sure I was comfortable & informed of everything. The Physical Therapist that are working with me now are the best. Thank You
in Lorida, FL |
Dr. Alverez did both of my wife (Shirley Hall) knees, one week apart, in early Dec 2016. Excellent outcome @ 6 months. Great P..A also. Always willing to take time to explain to patient in layman's language, not "Doc speak". Would definitely recommend
in Sebring, FL |
Dr. Alvarez is an amazingly talented and caring doctor. His goal is clearly to help his patients become more mobile than before surgery and he tries to keep you as free from pain as possible. His team is extremely professional and proficient.
in Avon Park, FL |
Very Good meeting and explaining conditions and options!! Felt that he cares about his patients!!
in Woodbridge, VA |
Dr Alvarez performed my complete knee replacement two weeks ago. I was so pleased with the process and the result. Dr Alvarez has a great team and I have complete faith in his method. I will be having the other knee replaced in a few months and will once again be traveling from Virginia to Florida to have the surgery performed by Dr Alvarez.
in Sebring, FL |
He has been my Dr. For more than a year. The best decision for my knew problems after a motorcycle accident years ago.
in Lake Wales, Fla |
He was very helpful and nice.
in Sebring,Fl |
I think he's the greatest orthopedic doctor especially for knees in Sebring Florida or anywhere else. He has been the greatest doctor for me I have had both knees done and I've had the best outcome on board. Although for me it's hard because I'm somebody who wants everything yesterday but as far is the way my surgery went the way my recovery has went has been great . I would recommend him 110% to anyone who needs knee replacement.
Cape Coral, FL |
Dr. Alvarez has done a shoulder repair and knee replacement for me. Very. Highly pleased with every part of each procedure.
in Sebring, Fl |
I had both knee replacements. Dr. Alvarez did a great job and I am very satisfied with results.
in Avon Park, FL |
This is my second knee replacement by Dr. Alvarez and I have no words to describe what a fantastic surgeon he is. It's two weeks now since my surgery and I feel I could take corner kicks on a soccer field today. Dr. Alvarez is the best, absolutely the best in my opinion. I'm a super satisfied patient. Sincerely, Ann M. Evans Avon Park, Florida
Longwood, FL |
Its cruel to let gravity heal broken bones, and not put a solid cast on it on someone so young. Giving no pain meds for the twisting and motions they do in their sleep or day to day tasks. I wouldnt allow that with my livestock, it would be considered animal cruelty. Dr Alvarez may have "13yrs of learning" but has NO compassion. If the patient wants plates to sure up the bone, you should explore options with them, not shut them out.
in North Fort Myers, FL |
Second week after Hip replacement surgery and doing good. Dr. Alvarez is great and so is his team, especially Oliver. Go for my 2 week visit this week. Thorough, efficient and on top of everything. Amazing.
Ocala, FL |
I was very pleased with Dr. Alvarez and his staff and completely satisfied with results after 2 week check-up. My only problem was scheduling surgery and lack of response after leaving voicemail msg when I didn't hear anything 1 week after visiting primary care dr.
Lake Placid, FL |
Dr Alvarez .is a very good doctor. He is professional and courteous. He listens to what you have to say and then starts his examination of your problem. I would recommend him to my family and friends.
in Avon park fl |
I sought out and asked questions of some of his former and current patients. They are all very pleased with him , and his talents. So am I. I would recommend him to anyone.
Sebring, Fl |
Great office. Love Dr. Alvarez.
in Lake Wales |
two weeks out from surgery and no complications. Doctor Alvarez and staff are competent and professional.
in Sebring, FL |
I've found Dr Alvarez and his staff to be pleasant and professional. He's a great surgeon and loves his job and it shows.
in Sebring, FL |
Dr. Alvarez is one of the best orthopedic surgeons I have had in treating my knee problems. He listens and the presents a series of solutions allowing me to have an active roll in my treatment.
in Lake Placid, FL |
Dr. Alvarez has repaired my shoulder and has now replaced my left knee. I know that my right knee will be done in the future. I am two weeks out from total knee replacement and I am doing wonderfully. I credit Dr. Alvarez for a job well done. His staff is amazing and very helpful. The health loop email system lets you ask questions at any time during your recovery. I highly recommend him!
in Lake Placid, Fl |
In March of this year, Dr. Alvarez performed a right hip replacement on me. Prior to surgery, I confirmed his diagnosis with Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville. They were in total agreement with him. The surgery was totally professional and the results were wonderful. Recovery has been as promised and I am pain free. I am so grateful for Dr. Alvarez's knowledge and skill. It is a blessing to have a surgeon of his caliber in the Sebring area.
in Sebring, FL |
.....had a total knee replacement. Was impressed with the amount of attention to detail throughout the entire process...thru out, I had a sense that everyone involved in the process performed to a very high standard......was given a sense of confidence from the proficiency of Dr. Alvarez and his staff. Overall....overall, very effecient and thorough process.
in Sebring, FL |
Experienced duel break in Fibula and referred to Alvarez by FL Hospital. Initial office visit was $650. Never meet with Alvarez, but seen by PA who did a 3 minute walk through. Major issues with leg since. Prefer medical facilities who care about patients.
in Winter Haven, FL |
Dr Alvarez was kind and patient. My experience was unusual due to Medicare regulations and bogging thru lots of red tape. He and his staff went above and beyond to make my surgical experience easier on me.
in Sebring, Fl 33870 |
I had back to back total knee replacement ( 7 days Apart ) Dr. Alvarez is a wonderful doctor, I would tell all of my family and friends to go to him. I went home the next day after the first knee replacement and I went home the second day after the second knee replacement. It has been 13 days and I am at 130 on left knee bend and 110 on right knee bend. That says a lot for him, I am a 72 year old woman and looking forward to being pain free after many years of pain. THANK YOU DR. ALVAREZ.
in Sebring fl |
Dr Alvarez was very upfront with me about what needed to be done. He explained what the procedure was going to be ,and has a very good bedside manners. With there health loop program he answers my concerns himself. I am very pleased that he is my Doctor.
in Lake Wales, FL |
My experience with Dr. Alvarez AND his office staff was a positive one! Each person was pleasant and caring.
in Lorida |
Rotator cuff surgery went well in 2013 ( until I flew after surgery and developed a blood clot in my arm); my shoulder works beautifully so I can say he is a good surgeon! did not care for the staff
in winter haven fl |
I went for knee pain. Took labs because they were 10 over the limit hr thought I had infection. Sent me for a second lab check it came back the same results. He then took an aspiration it came back normal and he kind of sounded disappointed because he was seeing dollar signs with a possible surgery. So infection was ruled out and he felt it was more of an inflammation and gave me a cream to put on it. He said of that did not help he will try injections. Well I had both in virginia.i will stop go
in Sebring, FL |
1. He diagnosed inflamed shoulder. 2. Chart indicates primary osteoarthritis. 3. Had NO time to answer even one question. 4. Recommended I be seen by his associate; hands paper saying treatment may not be covered by insurance. When I called to inquire if it was covered by Medicare; I left no fewer than 4 messages to Florida Joint & Spine, but, as usual, I never received the courtesy of a callback. If you have questions or concerns, leave them at the door, sign your check, and go home.
Have you seen Dr. Juan Alvarez, MD?
Are you Dr. Alvarez?