Dr. Joy Liu, DO

Dr. Joy Liu, DO

Family Medicine  ·
Female
Dr. Joy Liu, DO is a family medicine specialist in Folsom, CA and has been practicing for 11 years. She graduated from Western University of Health Sciences in 2004 and specializes in family medicine.Read her story

2545 E Bidwell St Ste 110

Folsom, CA 95630

• Benesys
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Blue Shield of California
  • Delta Health System

Learn about Dr. Liu

Dr. Liu's Experience

Dr. Liu's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

Dr. Liu's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Liu "Dr. Liu completed her degree of Bachelor of Science in Molecular Biology at U.C. Berkeley. With a strong interest in primary care and holistic approach to medicine. Dr. Liu completed her medical degree at Western University with a Doctor of Osteophathic medicine in Pomona, CA. She then completed her residency at Methodist/Mercy Hospitals Family Practice Residency in Sacramento. Dr. Liu is board certified in Family Practice and is a member of the American Association of Family Physicians. Dr. Liu's philosophy on medicine is simple: stay healthy, age successfully, and most importantly enjoy life. For Dr. Liu, mental and emotional health is just as important as physical health. When she treats a patient, she combines the best of modern medicine with her sage counseling. Patients confide in her because she takes time to listen to them. If she is behind on schedule, it is because she spent extra time with a patient, not because she double-booked. Patients have used such words as compassionate, caring, thorough, wise, patient, and goes-the-extra-mile to describe Dr. Liu."

This content was provided by Dr. Liu "We believe the doctor is only an assistant on the patient's journey to physical and emotional health. The patient has the ultimate responsibility over his or her own health. As you primary care physician, we will do everything in our control to help you attain the quality and quantity of life you desire. We believe a patient's quality of life is just an important as longevity and that it is the patient's choice and responsibility to decide the importance of each.

• We promise to listen to you.
  • We promise to apply the latest proven medical practices to your care.
  • We promise to assist in attaining your desired quality of life.W
  • We promise to apply a holistic approach to treating you, taking care of your physical as well as emotional well-being.
  • We promise to provide excellent customer service.

We are also a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH).  The Patient-Centered Medical Home is all about you. It is a personal model of health care.This office will lead a team of health care professionals, who together take responsibility for your care. This team includes physician assistants, health educators, pharmacists, nutritionists, and specialists. This office will be responsible for coordinating care inside and outside of this office to provide comprehensive, coordinated, continuous and proactive health care to you."

• Family Practice

• Vaccination
  • Wart Removal
  • Well Baby Care
  • Wellness Examination

No malpractice history found for California.

• Uc Berkeley
  • Santa Clara Valley Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2004
  • Methodist Hospital Of Sacramento
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2007

Dr. Liu has no media or publications listed.

• Chinese, Cantonese
  • Chinese, Mandarin

Dr. Liu does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Liu and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Liu's Reviews

3.9
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Liu to family and friends

Dr. Liu's Performance

Dr. Liu Says:
"

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review.  The entire staff at the office takes tremendous pride in the services we provide.  Hearing that we have touched your live in a meaningful way is extremely satisfying.  Doctors and our back office staff do not often get this type of feedback.  Thank you again for your review.

Your feedback is also critical to help us continuously improve our processes,

...

Quality of care has declined drastically over the last 10 years. Including compassion, empathy, and understanding which are rarely seen any more. Almost all appointments are made with a physician assistant, or nurse practitioner. To see Dr. Liu one must schedule an appointment months out. Staff...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0

I am sorry you feel our quality has declined. By all clinical measures and patient-satisfaction surveys done by the insurance companies of their members, we consistent rank the top 15 practices in the greater Sacramento area over the last 7-8 years. We have the same EMR for 10 years and it's gotten light years better over this time. I wish you would have spoken to me directly and given me some specific examples so that I may address any lack in quality that you saw. I wish you the best!

Dr. Liu is very thorough and I appreciate the time that she and her staff take with me.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0

Thank you! I'll get on my soapbox for a bit because I like that you mention we take our time to listen and to help. :) That is one of the advantages of running a private practice. I get to practice medicine the way I want - placing patient-care above all else (even if appt does take longer), creating a work-culture that supports our care philosophy and our team-approach to care, and hiring compassionate staff who enjoys helping people. It is not easy, but it is very satisfying and humbling!!

My first visit to Dr. Liu office and I am very happy I chose this office. Very attentive and friendly front desk. Nurse practioner, Nisha was very kind and professional. I highly recommend this practice!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0

Thank you Lisa. Because I spend all my time with patients inside exam rooms (except for the occasional bio break), I often miss out on the interactions, good or bad, that happens in the office. It's great to hear wonderful comments, such as yours, that we are doing our job and placing patient-care above all else. Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us.

Excellent practice, staff and providers!! Always clean, happy and efficient.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0

Thank you!

Excellent practice, staff and providers!! Always clean, happy and efficient.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0