Dr. Josiah Matthews IV, MD

Dr. Josiah Matthews IV, MD

Pain Medicine  ·
Dr. Josiah Matthews IV, MD is a pain medicine specialist in Albany, GA and has been practicing for 22 years. He graduated from Medical University Of South Carolina in 1992 and specializes in pain medicine and anesthesiology.Read his story

2810 Meredyth Dr Ste 100

Albany, GA 31707

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
  • CHAMPVA
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)

Learn about Dr. Matthews IV

See how frequently Dr. Matthews IV performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Herniated Disc
Spondylosis
Chronic Neck Pain

Dr. Matthews IV's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Matthews IV' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Matthews IV "I received my board specialty in Interventional Pain Management by the American Board of Interventional Pain Physicians on October 22, 2016. I also am a board certified Anesthesiologist. I have anesthesiology and pain management care for over 20 years. I have been married for over 30 years and am the father of five children. I have six grandchildren. I attend Sherwood Baptist Church. I enjoy fishing, boating, flying, and spending time with my family."

This content was provided by Dr. Matthews IV "I am very compassionate and take great pride in providing a variety of pain treatment options for my patients.  I care about my patients. I want to help improve your quality of life so you can do the things you enjoy.  My team and myself look forward to meeting you and discussing your chronic pain needs and designing a treatment plan for you."

• Pain Medicine
  • Anesthesiology

• Anesthesiology
    Accredited by: American Board of Anesthesiology*

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Clemson University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1981
  • Medical University Of South Carolina
    Medical School | Graduated 1992
  • Bapt Med Ctrs
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1993
  • Birmingham Med Center University Ala
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1996

Dr. Matthews IV has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Matthews IV does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Matthews IV and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Matthews IV' Reviews

3.6
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Matthews IV to family and friends

Dr. Matthews IV' Performance

I received excellent care by Dr. Matthews and staff. Dr Matthews made me feel comfortable by explaining my problem and explaining his plan to help me with my back pain. I would recommend him to any of my family or friends in need of pain management services.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Both of my hips are bad and the doctors told me that I was not a surgical candidate. Dr.MAtthews did a PRP on both of my hips to help give me a better quality of life. It has been two months and I have decreased my pain meds and increased my daily activities.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr.Matthews performed a PRP of both of my knees for osteoarthritis and I cannot believe the quality of life that I have now. At first I did not think it was going to work but after two months, it was like someone turned on a light switch. The pain was just gone!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Matthews explains things very well. He took the time to explain everything to me.
Are you Dr. Matthews IV?