Dr. Joshua Sands, MD

Dr. Joshua Sands, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Joshua Sands, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Cincinnati, OH. He is 64 years old and has been practicing for 35 years.

222 Piedmont Ave Ste 1600

Cincinnati, OH 45219

• Sagamore Health Network

Learn about Dr. Sands

See how frequently Dr. Sands performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Stye
Eyelid Disorders
Drusen

Dr. Sands's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ophthalmology

• Blepharitis
  • Blindness
  • Cataract
  • Chalazion
  • Choroidal Neovascular Membranes (CNVM)
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

• Eye Surgery
  • Eyelid Surgery
  • Glaucoma Surgery
  • Repair of Eye Laceration

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

• Creighton Univ Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1982
  • Creighton U
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1983
  • Creighton U
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1983
  • U Cincinnati
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1986

Dr. Sands has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Sands does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sands and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sands' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sands to family and friends
Dr. Sands' Performance
Dr. Sands is the best!
in Hamilton, OH |
In my opinion Dr. Joshua Sands is one of the very best physicians I have ever met. He is caring-helpful and sees that the patient understand his or her situation. He is very professional and knowledgeable.
in Wilmington, OH |
I chose Dr. Sands because of his write-up on CEI's website and I was very satisfied with his ability to correct my vision, with his professionalism, and his "bedside manner". My husband and I were very impressed with the facility, the prep staff, the o.r. staff, and all of the others it took to make certain that my cataract surgeries were successful. Thank you very much and I will highly recommend CEI to all with whom I have the opportunity.
in Cincinnati |
Dr. Sands is very good at explaining exactly what he's going to do in surgery and what the outcome should be. He is friendly and makes you feel at ease. I am extremely pleased with the care I got from Dr. Sands and the staff at CEI.
Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Sands from the start shows a sense of competence and concern establishing trust and confidence in the patient. He follows through in that manner with his services.
in Crestview Hills, KY |
I've been seeing Dr. Sands for many, many years and have always received top-notch care! I just had two cataract surgeries in the past month and the results far exceeded my expectations. He is very professional and truly cares about his patients. I'm happy for him that he is able to retire, but I will certainly miss his expertise!
Cincinnati, OH |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Sands.
in Cincinnati, OH |
He is so good. He knows what is doing.He is going to be missed.He had really helped me to look at my eye care.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Sands would be recommended to all of my friends and family. I was very pleased with the service I received. His mannerism was just astounding. He has the professionalism you want in a Doctor and he is tops. I appreciate a Doctor who can walk in and present his hand and name at the same time and not afraid to look at you as he speaks.
in Cincinnati, oh |
Wonderful doctor and technician.
Newport, KY |
I had a positive experience with Dr. Sands. First of all I was happy to see him so quickly from the time I called. Second, he was thorough and professional, and he gave me an understandable explanation of the problem I was having.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Sands is an excellent doctor. I would not hesitate to recommend him to family and friends as I always have.
Cincinnati, OH |
In my experience as a patient with CEI and Dr. Sands as my eye doctor, he is a knowledgeable and brilliant eye physician who one can feel safe under his care. However, he is retiring.
Florence, KY |
Outstanding Opthamologist in every way!
Cincinnati, OH |
Unfortunately, Dr. Sands is retiring in September, 2017. He has trained his replacement in his practice, and so I feel I will be in good hands. But Dr. Sands has been very responsive in every appointment I have had with him over many years, and I will miss his attentive care and humane style.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Sands is very helpful & informative, giving clear explanations of my medical situation. He is also very pleasant to deal with, making his patients comfortable.
in Cincinnati, OH 45215 |
Dr. Sands is not only a gifted physician and one of the best in his field, but he is also a wonderful person who has a very warm and friendly way of putting his patient at ease. I've known him for many years through the UCMC and would put him in a small group of physicians with similar attributes across the spectrum of physicians and surgeons. With his upcoming retirement, he will be missed by everyone.
Middletown, OH |
Dr. Sands and his staff are considerate, courteous and professional. Dr. Sands explained my health care needs in a way that I could understand and answered all my questions. I never felt rushed in the slightest. I have a contact person should I have additional questions.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Very knowledgeable. Did my cataract surgery and it turned out better than expected. Explains everything very clearly.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Always takes the time to thoroughly examine my eyes and explain what is going on. Very caring.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Sands is an outstanding Doctor. He is very caring and knowledgable. Thank you so much Dr. Sands.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Explained everything in layperson language.
in Newport, KY |
Dr. Sands has a genuine interest in me as his patient and a person.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Sands is the best eye doctor I have ever had, and that's saying something since I've been seeing eye doctors since I was in the 4th grade and I'm now 75 years old. He is so careful, caring, clear, and helpful in dealing with my vision problems and advising on preventive measures. I am seeing better than I have ever seen in my life and feel confident that he will help me sustain good vision.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Office is run professionally. Contact with Dr. is highly professional. Extraordinarily high success rate with cataract surgeries.
in Lebanon, OH |
Very caring and professional. Excellent with the patient.
in Latonia, KY |
Trusted Physician!
in Cincinnati, OH |
Simply put: He's the best from beginning to end.
Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Sands has provided me with the best eye care! He is kind, he listens and he explains complex information in an understandable manner. I have already recommended him to others and will continue to do so.
in Cincinnati, OH |
His several awards, his care, concern, friendliness, and professionalism
He's the best
Cincinnati, OH |
wonderful doctor - only problem is rescheduling if you have to change an appointment. He is SO busy.
Pleasant professional interaction with doctor- would return to the doctors and would recommend them
in Montgomery, OH |
Does a very complete exam, and takes time to explain his observations and recommendations.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Kind, knowledgeable. I felt safe under his care.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Very knowledgable, trust his judgement, recall early on I knew I liked Dr. Sands because I could smell the clean soap smell on his hands during the exam.
in Mason, OH |
Dr. Sands listened to my concerns, explained clearly what he thought was happening with my vision, and referred me to Dr. Golnik, who has more experience with my issue.
Palmdale, CA |
Dr. Sands is an excellent doctor who also knows how to treat patients to make them feel welcome and at ease to ask questions.
in Cincinnati, OH |
very satisfied - Dr Sands was personable as well as talented and experienced. I am happy to recommend him to friends and acquaintances.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Very easy to talk to. Explains well. Gave all the options. Proud of his work!
Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Sands is by far the BEST!
in Cincinnati, OH |
As always, an excellent visit. I haven't had to schedule an urgent appointment. The office is clean and comfortable. The office and staff are always courteous and helpful. I trust Dr. Sands' advice and the information he provides. His explanations are helpful and understandable. He listens and responds to my questions and spends as much time with me as we need. I would highly recommend Dr. Sands and the office in the Medical Arts Building to others.
Cincinnati, OH |
He is very thorough in his eye exam, very gentle, and very patient. He explains things in terms that are easy for a non-physician to understand.
Have you seen Dr. Joshua Sands, MD?
Are you Dr. Sands?