Dr. Joshua Miller, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism | Male

Dr. Joshua Miller, MD
Dr. Joshua Miller, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in East Setauket, NY. He is 37 years old and has been practicing for 9 years. Dr. Miller is affiliated with Stony Brook University Hospital.

Dr. Miller's Care Philosophy

Dr. Joshua Miller is the Medical Director of Diabetes Care for Stony Brook Medicine. His clinical focus is helping patients with diabetes overcome the challenges of living with the disease. He is a board-certified endocrinologist/diabetologist treating adult and late adolescent patients with a wide array of endocrine conditions, including metabolic bone disease/osteoporosis, thyroid disorders, thyroid cancer, diabetes mellitus, diabetes in pregnancy, adrenal and pituitary disorders. He has a keen interest in type 1 diabetes, with expertise in insulin pump therapy and continuous glucose monitoring. His academic interests include population health, quality outcomes in diabetes and chronic disease, and medical education. His research interests include the use of novel technologies to improve quality of life for people with diabetes and prevention of the disease as well as exploring the effects of diabetes and metabolic syndrome on risk of colon cancer.

Dr. Miller's Experience

See how Dr. Miller's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Miller

Dr. Miller accepts 9 insurance carriers

Dr. Miller is now accepting new patients
Stony Brook Medical Specialties26 Research Way
East Setauket, NY 11733
Evening
(631) 444-0580Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Miller has admitting privileges.

Dr. Miller's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Miller to family and friends
Dr. Miller's Performance
in Wading River |
Dr. Miller is always courteous and professional. He clearly articulates the rationale behind his recommended treatment plan.
Wyandanch, NY |
Best endocrinologist I've seen so far!
in Bohemia, NY |
Dr. Miller is very pleasant, easy to talk to. He answers all questions with patience, which is important to me. I would recommend him to anyone who asked me about my doctor!
Palatine, IL |
Dr. Miller is a man with a great bed side manner. He genuinely cares about each of his patients. He takes the time to have a discussion about your health and your well being. I have recommended Dr. Miller to both family and friends.
in Port Jefferson Station, NY |
Dr. Miller is very personable and efficient. He explains everything to you and listens with concern. I would recommend Dr. Miller and his staff for professional services.
Hauppauge, NY |
Dr. Miller takes the time to listen to my concerns & answers questions about my care in language I can understand.
in East Moriches NY 11940 |
I would highly recommend Dr. Miller and the staff at Stonybrook Internists. Dr. Miller always has a smile, is very friendly and very thorough with explaining your condition. They are prompt and on time with their appointments and respect your time as well. I wish I could say that about all my doctors but sadly I can not. Dr. Miller and his office are simply the BEST!
in Deer Park, NY |
Dr. Miller is always pleasant great bedside manner. I've seen him for years for my pre-diabetic diagnosis. My a1c was 6.1 and now it's 5.8, he was not quick to give me medication based on my health history but introduced me to resources I took advantage of and as a result I've lost 14lbs. By following his advise and expertise I expect to continue seeing him and following his direction. Thank you Dr. Miller God bless you.
in lake grove, ny |
dr miller is a very special man he is very caring he is totally available with your issues and concerns. i have had many medical problems over the last three years and he has been there for me every step of the way. he is very knowledgeable wih my medical problems and needs. i trust him completely.
in Stony Brook |
Dr. Miller took over my type 2 diabetes care several years ago after a health scare and hospital stay. He has provided me with the tools I need to manage my diabetes. It is done in a caring and professional manner. I am completely satisfied with his care and concerns. I certainly recommend him and his staff for the complete and thorough care they provide.
Smithtown, NY |
Every visit with Dr. Miller is a time to inhale the air of trust knowing that my health is as he says so. My thyroid had been giving me some problems and last year an ultra sound showed some nodules. Medical steps were taken which gave me an opportunity to thank the good Lord without end. The nodules were too small to merit a surgery. An ultra sound this year shows the nodules had not increased in size. Reason to thank Him first, to Dr. Miller next.
in Shoreham, NY |
Dr. Miller is personable and friendly and speaks in plain, easy to understand language so there is no confusion. He is a caring professional and I highly recommend him.
in Melville, NY |
I bring my 91 year old Dad to Dr. Miller. Dr. Miller actually takes the time to listen to his patient. His true caring, concern and kindness, is absolutely amazing. I would recommend Dr. Miller without a doubt!!!! I trust his decisions completely. It is always a very positive experience and walk away knowing the proper medical care is alway given. He is so pleasant and professional.
in Mount Sinai, NY |
Very good at explaining diagnosis and treatment. Took his time and answered all my questions. Showed real concern for me as a patient.
Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Miller worked out great for me in controlling my diabetes. My HA1C numbers went from 9.1 to 5.5,. He takes the time to explain things very well and understands that you have your good day and your bad days.
in East Setauket, NY |
Dr. Miller is genuinely one of the most amazing doctors I have encountered. He is so open, genuine, kind, and just makes his patients feel so comfortable. He helped fix my thyroid issue over the course of a few months, but he continues to remind me to call him any time if I start feeling badly again.. he's truly amazing and so compassionate! He encompasses what a doctor should be.
in Smithtown NY |
Dr. Miller is an outstanding and compassionate doctor, who is highly knowledgeable in his field. He is genuinely concerned for his patients and is a true gem of a person! I am so happy that I am under his care. Could not recommend him any higher!
in PORT JEFF STA |
minimum waiting time. focus on personalization of service and patient understanding of their condition and treatment. friendly and helpful staff. online submission of prescription orders
in Port Jefferson Station, NY |
The first appointment I had with Dr. Miller proved to be an excellent experience. Each appointment since then has proved to be the same. He takes a personal interest in your condition and answers questions in a professional way. I feel he wants me, as the patient, to understand the treatment he recommends before I leave his office. Thank you, Dr. Miller, being a caring individual.
Brooklyn, NY |
As a new patient, I found Dr. Miller to be thorough, professional and personable. He is straightforward and works with his patients. A great Endocrinologist.
in Central Islip, NY |
Dr.Miller is a very caring, sympathetic and understanding Dr. He listens to your every word and offers suggestions to help you. Dr. Miller treats you as an individual person, not just another patient. His office staff are very pleasant and accommodating to your needs. I know I'm in capable hands when I'm there.
in Holbrook, NY |
Dr.Miller is very attentive to his patients and explains everything very clearly. He is knowledgeable, personable and friendly.
in Mount Sinai |
Dr. Miller is Very Friendly and asks the right questions. A pleasure to talk with.
in centereach |
Doctor was courteous and took time to go over lab results. He checked thyroid around neck area.
Coram, NY |
I highly recommend Dr. Miller. He took time to explain my condition and what I need to do in the future.
in Farmingville, NY |
I was not satisfied with the care given by 2 other doctors. I did some research and found Dr. Miller and I am very happy with him. Never feel rushed, and he explains everything!!
in Ronkonkoma, NY |
I always leave Dr Miller feeling more confident then I did when I entered his office. He is always so helpful and reassuring. He makes me feel like I can gain control of my diabetes. He is so informed in many areas. He takes the time to explain what I need to know. Even when things are going bad he keeps me optimistic. You couldn't have a better Doctor than him on your side. When you become one of his patients you don't feel like you will get lost in the crowd. You feel like he cares about YOU!
Bronx, NY |
Dr. Miller is a really caring and understanding dr! He has great bedside manner!
Middle Island, NY |
I would recommend Dr Miller to everyone. I even have my daughter going to him and she says he's great too !!!
Center Moriches, NY |
Dr Miller is very professional and nice. I've had a positive experience having him as my doctor and I highly recommend him.
Medford, NY |
The compassion Dr. Miller has to helping his patients is excellent! My husband who is a type 1 diabetic never took care of himself. He would rarely test his sugar. After going to Dr. Miller, he not only started checking his sugars he also has went and actually got his eyes and feet checked as per Dr. Miller's request! Dr. Miller is so down to earth and talks to you like a friend and not a doctor. I highly recommend him!
Ronkonkoma, NY |
Passionate about his profession and specialization in caring for and educating his patients. Very professional and sincere about the well being of patients. Respectful and personable medical professional.
in Miller Place, NY |
Going to Dr. Miller is like going to a great friend. He is thorough yet kind and inspiring! Thank you Dr. Miller!
East Northport, NY |
Dr. Miller is a very thorough, very engaging and wonderful doctor. It may be jarring to someone, that he sits in front of a computer screen and looks at it instead of you, but he's looking up your information, your recent lab work, your prescriptions. He's being thorough. That's important. When I couldn't see my primary care doctor about another matter (and had his apt scheduled) I asked him to look into my matter and he did so without blinking an eye. He's a wonderful doctor!
in coram,ny |
dr miller is very friendly and well informed
in Farmingville, NY |
The office staff and medical assistants were wonderful...after meeting Dr. Miller, you can see why. Dr. Miller is very professional, friendly, caring and knowledgeable. My experience was excellent from beginning to end.
in East Setauket, NY |
I would recommend Dr. Miller to friends and family. He is approachable and personable. Office environment is chaotic. My visit today started with my vitals being taken in an exam room where 2 other nurses were discussing a communications problem. Once my vitals were taken, I was moved to a 2nd exam room, already occupied by a patient and nurse, I sat in the room while they discussed the patients vitals. I was then moved to a third exam room, where I met Dr. Miller. HIPPA?
excellent
in Patchogue, NY |
I've been Dr. Miller's patient for the past year. I had previously seen multiple endocrinologists with little success. Dr. Miller has the best personality and puts me at ease. He explains the plan in simple terms and makes sure I understand everything during the visit. If you're looking for a down-to-earth doc who "gets" it, I'd highly recommend this one. Took awhile to get in, but worth the wait.
Smithtown, NY |
Dr. Miller is not only extremely friendly but also well adept at explaining medical information to his patients. I appreciate the incredible bedside manner he has.
in coram, ny |
Dr. Miller is a fine example of how a doctor is supposed to be, he is professional, knowledgeable, and patient with his patients. He is a stellar example for other doctors to emulate.
Middle Island, NY |
I have found Dr Miller to very pleasant and professional. He clearly explains the various options for treatments and outcomes, as well as test results and future planning.
Setauket, NY |
Great doctor. Very caring. Takes the time to answer my questions, and explains my medications clearly.
in Mount Sinai, NY |
I have had at least 4 endocrinologist over the past 10 years. Dr. Miller - hands down is the best. You actually feel like he cares when you leave his office.
in shirley, ny |
Both my wife and I have been with doctor Miller the past few years, I am so glad he is my Endocronogist he is very thorough and helps me deal with my Diabetes and gives me good advice. He is the best I hope one day to get off my medication and he is leading me in the right direction!!
Dr. Miller has an amazing bedside manner that is always bright and informative. He has an exceptional balance of modern utilities and practical advice that keeps my levels well balanced. Highly recommended!
East Meadow, NY |
Dr. Miller was great. Very professional. He has an excellent bedside manner. The office staff was very nice and helpful. I would definitely recommend the practice to my family and friends.
in New York, NY |
DR Miller treated me like family. All of his tests and questions were so thorough that I knew I was in experienced hands. Thanks Dr Miller!
Commack, NY |
Dr. Miller is the perfect combination of expertise and bedside manner. He explains things in a completely understandable way and is always available for follow up questions. I highly recommend!!!
The office this physician is affiliated with is poorly run and dishonest. Michelle who handles the prescriptions does not return calls and them lies to cover her poor service. I would not recommend this physician
Have you seen Dr. Joshua Miller, MD?

Compare Dr. Miller

Dr. Miller's Care Philosophy

Dr. Joshua Miller is the Medical Director of Diabetes Care for Stony Brook Medicine.  His clinical focus is helping patients with diabetes overcome the challenges of living with the disease.  He is a board-certified endocrinologist/diabetologist treating adult and late adolescent patients with a wide array of endocrine conditions, including metabolic bone disease/osteoporosis, thyroid disorders, thyroid cancer, diabetes mellitus, diabetes in pregnancy, adrenal and pituitary disorders. He has a keen interest in type 1 diabetes, with expertise in insulin pump therapy and continuous glucose monitoring. His academic interests include population health, quality outcomes in diabetes and chronic disease, and medical education.  His research interests include the use of novel technologies to improve quality of life for people with diabetes and prevention of the disease as well as exploring the effects of diabetes and metabolic syndrome on risk of colon cancer.

Dr. Miller's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

Dr. Miller has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Miller's Board Certifications

Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons

Completed in 2013

University of Rochester

Graduated in 2002

Dr. Miller does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Miller and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism