Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
Dr. Joshua Miller, MD
Dr. Joshua Miller, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in East Setauket, NY. He is 37 years old and has been practicing for 9 years. Dr. Miller is affiliated with Stony Brook University Hospital.

26 Research Way

East Setauket, NY 11733

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • EmblemHealth
  • HealthFirst
  • HealthPlus
  • Neighborhood Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Miller

Dr. Joshua Miller is the Medical Director of Diabetes Care for Stony Brook Medicine.  His clinical focus is helping patients with diabetes overcome the challenges of living with the disease.  He is a board-certified endocrinologist/diabetologist treating adult and late adolescent patients with a wide array of endocrine conditions, including metabolic bone disease/osteoporosis, thyroid disorders, thyroid cancer, diabetes mellitus, diabetes in pregnancy, adrenal and pituitary disorders. He has a keen interest in type 1 diabetes, with expertise in insulin pump therapy and continuous glucose monitoring. His academic interests include population health, quality outcomes in diabetes and chronic disease, and medical education.  His research interests include the use of novel technologies to improve quality of life for people with diabetes and prevention of the disease as well as exploring the effects of diabetes and metabolic syndrome on risk of colon cancer.

Dr. Miller's Experience

Dr. Miller's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Continuous Glucose Monitoring
  • Diabetes Counseling
  • Insulin Pump Therapy
  • Insulin Therapy

No malpractice history found for New York.

• University Of Rochester
  • Mount Sinai School Of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2011
  • Columbia University College Of Physicians & Surgeons
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2013

Dr. Miller has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Miller does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Miller and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Miller's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Miller to family and friends
Dr. Miller's Performance
in Middle Island |
I highly recommend Dr Miller and his team. From my urgent need for appointment where he squeezed me in at 7am, when no appointment was available, to recommending the best possible suregeon for successful total thyroidectomy, to post surgery care, Dr Miller and his staff have been knowledgable, kind and made me feel important. The prompt communication on portal is great too. .
in Port Jefferson, NY |
I was assigned an appointment with Dr. Miller through my primary physician. I found Dr Miller to be very informative regarding the reason I was seeing him. His in-take procedure was efficient and professional, yet friendly and showed genuine interest in me as a patient. Dr. Miller took time to arrange for further follow-up with another physician and made sure that I would receive all needed further medical care. I would highly recommend him.
East Setauket, NY |
Dr. Miller and his staff are extremely welcoming and knowledgeable. They make you feel right at home the moment that you walk into the office. He answers all of your questions thoroughly and without judgement. His action plan includes appointments with an RN to go over your blood sugar levels so that they can adjust medication accordingly. The staff is very hands on and you can tell that they truly care. If you have been referred to an endocrinologist, Dr. Miller is THE doctor to see.
in East Patchogue, NY |
Dr. Miller has a wonderful bedside manner. He's very warm and genuine. He's thoughtful and truthful. I appreciate his directness and his way of explaining things.
in East Setauket, N.Y. |
Dr. Miller made it almost fun to see a doctor. He was right on time, his office staff was friendly and extremely helpful and I left feeling very confident that I was in great hands!
Holbrook NY |
Dr Miller is caring and compassionate. He puts you at ease and has a pleasant demeanor while explaining your condition and test results thoroughly in language you can understand. I would definitely recommend him to my family and friends.
An excellent clinician who listens to a patient's symptoms and offers clinical recommendations without hesitation.
in East Setauket, NY |
Dr. Miller is extremely competent, kind and compassionate. He explains every test and condition thoroughly. I trust his advice and appreciate his responsiveness.
in Port Jefferson, NY |
Based on my experiences, I have referred a few people to Dr. Miller already. He is very thorough and answers questions in a manner that is understood. This is very important to me. I will continue to refer Dr. Miller to others.
Sayville, NY |
Dr. Miller is an excellent physician. He spends time with you, making sure that you understand the test results, the diagnosis, your life style choices and how they relate to your disease. He is friendly and caring and very knowledgable. He personally calls you at home to discuss test results, medications, etc. He also mails the test results to your home so you have a copy for your records. I would highly recommend Dr. Miller for anyone needing his skills in endocrinology.
in Shoreham |
Dr. Miller is personable, efficient and helpful. He explains in language I can understand what my lab tests mean, why I am taking the medicine I am, and how my medical condition fits in with my general health.
in Holtsville, NY |
Excellent Dr. would absolutely refer anyone in need of his services. Great patient bed side manner for lack of better words!!!
in New York |
I am so happy to have Dr Miller as my endocrinologist. He is thoughtful, caring and I highly regard his knowledge and care of my Diabetes. I was concerned about switching from another group but I am very happy to have made the jump. I now know what good care is all about. Dr Miller does not rush through the appointment and takes the time to know about me as a person not just a patient. I highly recommend Dr Miller for those lucky enough to have him as a physician.
in Stony Brook |
My experience here is usually fantastic, but the front office was understaffed, with one sole office manager. I saw one guy walk out because the waiting was too much.
in Mt Sinai,NY |
Dr Miller is always prompt for my appointment. He is warm & friendly. Explains in depth the treatment plan. And is open for questions. I never feel rushed.
in Kings Park |
I would recommend Dr Miller highly. He is the most caring Doctor I know. His knowledge of diabetes surpasses anyone in his field. He keeps my numbers from highs and lows and makes me smile even though he scolds me for cheating on my carbs and sweets. He is the greatest!!!!
in Wading River |
Dr. Miller is always courteous and professional. He clearly articulates the rationale behind his recommended treatment plan.
Wyandanch, NY |
Best endocrinologist I've seen so far!
in Bohemia, NY |
Dr. Miller is very pleasant, easy to talk to. He answers all questions with patience, which is important to me. I would recommend him to anyone who asked me about my doctor!
Palatine, IL |
Dr. Miller is a man with a great bed side manner. He genuinely cares about each of his patients. He takes the time to have a discussion about your health and your well being. I have recommended Dr. Miller to both family and friends.
in Port Jefferson Station, NY |
Dr. Miller is very personable and efficient. He explains everything to you and listens with concern. I would recommend Dr. Miller and his staff for professional services.
Hauppauge, NY |
Dr. Miller takes the time to listen to my concerns & answers questions about my care in language I can understand.
in East Moriches NY 11940 |
I would highly recommend Dr. Miller and the staff at Stonybrook Internists. Dr. Miller always has a smile, is very friendly and very thorough with explaining your condition. They are prompt and on time with their appointments and respect your time as well. I wish I could say that about all my doctors but sadly I can not. Dr. Miller and his office are simply the BEST!
in Deer Park, NY |
Dr. Miller is always pleasant great bedside manner. I've seen him for years for my pre-diabetic diagnosis. My a1c was 6.1 and now it's 5.8, he was not quick to give me medication based on my health history but introduced me to resources I took advantage of and as a result I've lost 14lbs. By following his advise and expertise I expect to continue seeing him and following his direction. Thank you Dr. Miller God bless you.
in lake grove, ny |
dr miller is a very special man he is very caring he is totally available with your issues and concerns. i have had many medical problems over the last three years and he has been there for me every step of the way. he is very knowledgeable wih my medical problems and needs. i trust him completely.
in Stony Brook |
Dr. Miller took over my type 2 diabetes care several years ago after a health scare and hospital stay. He has provided me with the tools I need to manage my diabetes. It is done in a caring and professional manner. I am completely satisfied with his care and concerns. I certainly recommend him and his staff for the complete and thorough care they provide.
Smithtown, NY |
Every visit with Dr. Miller is a time to inhale the air of trust knowing that my health is as he says so. My thyroid had been giving me some problems and last year an ultra sound showed some nodules. Medical steps were taken which gave me an opportunity to thank the good Lord without end. The nodules were too small to merit a surgery. An ultra sound this year shows the nodules had not increased in size. Reason to thank Him first, to Dr. Miller next.
in Shoreham, NY |
Dr. Miller is personable and friendly and speaks in plain, easy to understand language so there is no confusion. He is a caring professional and I highly recommend him.
in Melville, NY |
I bring my 91 year old Dad to Dr. Miller. Dr. Miller actually takes the time to listen to his patient. His true caring, concern and kindness, is absolutely amazing. I would recommend Dr. Miller without a doubt!!!! I trust his decisions completely. It is always a very positive experience and walk away knowing the proper medical care is alway given. He is so pleasant and professional.
in Mount Sinai, NY |
Very good at explaining diagnosis and treatment. Took his time and answered all my questions. Showed real concern for me as a patient.
Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Miller worked out great for me in controlling my diabetes. My HA1C numbers went from 9.1 to 5.5,. He takes the time to explain things very well and understands that you have your good day and your bad days.
in East Setauket, NY |
Dr. Miller is genuinely one of the most amazing doctors I have encountered. He is so open, genuine, kind, and just makes his patients feel so comfortable. He helped fix my thyroid issue over the course of a few months, but he continues to remind me to call him any time if I start feeling badly again.. he's truly amazing and so compassionate! He encompasses what a doctor should be.
in Smithtown NY |
Dr. Miller is an outstanding and compassionate doctor, who is highly knowledgeable in his field. He is genuinely concerned for his patients and is a true gem of a person! I am so happy that I am under his care. Could not recommend him any higher!
in PORT JEFF STA |
minimum waiting time. focus on personalization of service and patient understanding of their condition and treatment. friendly and helpful staff. online submission of prescription orders
in Port Jefferson Station, NY |
The first appointment I had with Dr. Miller proved to be an excellent experience. Each appointment since then has proved to be the same. He takes a personal interest in your condition and answers questions in a professional way. I feel he wants me, as the patient, to understand the treatment he recommends before I leave his office. Thank you, Dr. Miller, being a caring individual.
Brooklyn, NY |
As a new patient, I found Dr. Miller to be thorough, professional and personable. He is straightforward and works with his patients. A great Endocrinologist.
in Central Islip, NY |
Dr.Miller is a very caring, sympathetic and understanding Dr. He listens to your every word and offers suggestions to help you. Dr. Miller treats you as an individual person, not just another patient. His office staff are very pleasant and accommodating to your needs. I know I'm in capable hands when I'm there.
in Holbrook, NY |
Dr.Miller is very attentive to his patients and explains everything very clearly. He is knowledgeable, personable and friendly.
in Mount Sinai |
Dr. Miller is Very Friendly and asks the right questions. A pleasure to talk with.
in centereach |
Doctor was courteous and took time to go over lab results. He checked thyroid around neck area.
Coram, NY |
I highly recommend Dr. Miller. He took time to explain my condition and what I need to do in the future.
in Farmingville, NY |
I was not satisfied with the care given by 2 other doctors. I did some research and found Dr. Miller and I am very happy with him. Never feel rushed, and he explains everything!!
in Ronkonkoma, NY |
I always leave Dr Miller feeling more confident then I did when I entered his office. He is always so helpful and reassuring. He makes me feel like I can gain control of my diabetes. He is so informed in many areas. He takes the time to explain what I need to know. Even when things are going bad he keeps me optimistic. You couldn't have a better Doctor than him on your side. When you become one of his patients you don't feel like you will get lost in the crowd. You feel like he cares about YOU!
Bronx, NY |
Dr. Miller is a really caring and understanding dr! He has great bedside manner!
Middle Island, NY |
I would recommend Dr Miller to everyone. I even have my daughter going to him and she says he's great too !!!
Center Moriches, NY |
Dr Miller is very professional and nice. I've had a positive experience having him as my doctor and I highly recommend him.
Medford, NY |
The compassion Dr. Miller has to helping his patients is excellent! My husband who is a type 1 diabetic never took care of himself. He would rarely test his sugar. After going to Dr. Miller, he not only started checking his sugars he also has went and actually got his eyes and feet checked as per Dr. Miller's request! Dr. Miller is so down to earth and talks to you like a friend and not a doctor. I highly recommend him!
Ronkonkoma, NY |
Passionate about his profession and specialization in caring for and educating his patients. Very professional and sincere about the well being of patients. Respectful and personable medical professional.
in Miller Place, NY |
Going to Dr. Miller is like going to a great friend. He is thorough yet kind and inspiring! Thank you Dr. Miller!
East Northport, NY |
Dr. Miller is a very thorough, very engaging and wonderful doctor. It may be jarring to someone, that he sits in front of a computer screen and looks at it instead of you, but he's looking up your information, your recent lab work, your prescriptions. He's being thorough. That's important. When I couldn't see my primary care doctor about another matter (and had his apt scheduled) I asked him to look into my matter and he did so without blinking an eye. He's a wonderful doctor!
Have you seen Dr. Joshua Miller, MD?

Visit Dr. Miller