Dr. Joshua Marcus, MD

NeurosurgeryMaleAge 37

Dr. Marcus
Telehealth services available

Sound Foot Care Center of Ct Inc.

148 East Ave Norwalk, CT 06851

Dr. Joshua Marcus, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Norwalk, CT. Dr. Marcus has more experience with Neurocritical Care Disorders than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities Danbury Hospital and Norwalk Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Marcus to book an appointment.

Compare with other Neurosurgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Marcus with our nearby Neurosurgery Specialists at Hartford Healthcare.

Make an appointment at Hartford Healthcare today at (203) 392-1166.

These providers are on the medical staff of Hartford Healthcare.

Dr. Marcus' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Marcus

95.1219512195122%

Dr. Marcus?
  • Appointment scheduling (34)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (34)
  • Explained conditions well (34)
  • Appointment was rushed (1)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (1)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (1)
Dr. Marcus did a fusion of L-4 and L-5. The operation was a complete success. I was experiencing severe leg pain and now it's completely gone. He was professional with a top notch staff. I would highly recommend him.
Jeff Brown – Jan 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Marcus, MD?
Dr. Marcus did an amazing job. I had a foot drop, lack of feeling and sensation in my toes and leg. He found several nerves crushed and buried and performed a L5 to S1 fusion. I have had awesome results!!
Sue H – Oct 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Marcus, MD?
I actually started with Dr. Batson, I have severe spinal stenosis and the nerves were being crushed I could not feel my feet. After all of the MRI's etc. The decision was surgery and Dr. Batson said that Dr. Marcus would be assisting. Dr. Batson needed surgery himself so Dr. Marcus took over my surgery he had to fuse L4 and L5 and he was able to free up the nerve. I can now feel my feet I can finally walk more than 5 minutes. I reccomend Dr. Marcus and the entire team they were great. Thank You, Cindy Christiano
Cindy Christiano – Oct 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Marcus, MD?
I first met Dr. Marcus in the ER for a pinched nerve and sudden pain and paralysis in my left arm. Dr. Marcus explained the situation and how we should first pursue conservative treatments for a herniated disc in my back. He gave me his personal cell phone to call with questions over the weekend. Ultimately I had ACDF surgery with Dr. Marcus. I recovered in record time and have while only 6 weeks post op have had a great outcome.
Jim Doran – Sep 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Marcus, MD?
Dr Marcus and his staff are excellent. They are on-time and are clear on how your procedure will take place and what to expect post surgery. I went in with sciatic pain down the entire right side of my leg along with my foot being numb. I could not move my toes and my ankle kept rolling. I decided to go with surgery and with-in two weeks I started getting feeling and some strength back in my toes. Great bed side manners and easy to speak with. Thanks, Tom Sullivan
Thomas M Sullivan – Aug 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Marcus, MD?
Trustworthyness and straight forwardness is key to patient and doctor communications and i found Dr. Marcus to be blunt and truthful. Dr. Marcus and his team will be an asset to any community that they serve. Thank you all for a job well done! God bless!!
George Jacob and Mercy George – May 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Marcus, MD?
I REQUIRED SPINAL SURGERY AND AFTER SOMME HOMEWORK ON MY PART AND CONSULTING WITH DR MARCUS I MADE THE DECISION TO GO FORWARD WITH THE SURGERY. HE EXPLAINED WHAT WAS INVOLVED IN DETAIL AND LAID OUT THE PROCESS FROM SURGERY TO RECOVERY AND THE ONGOING P.T. TO RESTORE MY MOBILITY. HE HAS BEEN UNDERSTANDING AND VERY SUPPORTIVE DURING THIS DAUNTING PROCESS. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR MARCUS.
RONALD WALLERSTEIN – May 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Marcus, MD?
Without Dr. Marcus’ intervention I would not be having such successful progress in recovering from my stroke. Thank you Dr. Marcus.
Donald F. – Apr 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Marcus, MD?
Dr. Marcus’ staff is excellent. My experience or lack thereof with Dr. Marcus was poor. My neurologist said my condition required an appt with a neurosurgeon ASAP. Made tele health appt with Dr. Marcus for last week of March. That appt was cancelled as the doc had an emergency (with Covid understandable). It was rescheduled for the next week, again telehealth. One hour before appt was cancelled again - “Dr. taking rest of day off with elbow problem.” Although a 3rd appt was scheduled, I decided to end the roller coaster ride. Asked my neurologist to refer me. Referral made last Wed, doc saw me in person on Fri, had to refer me on due to my condition & said if I did not hear by today to call him. New doc’s office called today - in person appt set for tomorrow. Referral doc called to be sure it happened & said if I needed anything to call him. No need to continue to beg Dr. Marcus for a telehealth appt. Too stressful & upsetting.
Apr 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Marcus, MD?
Dr. Marcus is beyond amazing. Sincere, upfront, and honest with my situation. I had constant tingling & numbness in my left arm. I sought help from a massage therapist who ended up referring me to a chiropractor who suggested I should see my Primary Dr for pain medication. My Dr referred me to Dr. Marcus. After seeing Dr. Marcus, he suggested following through with the MRI. I had a herniated disc -C6-C7, which he already knew given my symptoms. He recommended trying the injection, but it did not work for me. Surgery was the next option. I was nervous, but Dr. Marcus was very articulate about the procedure and answered all my questions. He even worked with my insurance. He was very supportive pre and post-surgery. Surgery was a success! Everything Dr. Marcus told me was right on point. I am now a month after surgery and feel great! My scar is healing nicely! I am extremely pleased with my results. Honestly, thank you Dr. Marcus! I am grateful for the help and support you provided me!
LConnell – Apr 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Marcus, MD?
Dr. Marcus is the most amazing surgeon I have ever known. He has a terrific bedside manner, explains everything in terms that a regular person can understand, and does EXACTLY what he says he is going to do. I am truly blessed that he did my neurosurgery! His staff is just as wonderful as he is!
Ellen Palmer – Mar 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Marcus, MD?
We saw Dr. Marcus because my 85 year old mother had severe osteoarthritis in her low back with leg/foot numbness and foot drop. During the assessment process, Dr. Marcus spent a LOT of time with us, ascertaining whether my mother's physical and emotional health was appropriate for surgery. He took additional time to explain the cause of her pain, including sharing the MRI images, and explained in detail what the laminectomy would be like and how it would help. He was honest, open, and upbeat. The surgery went well and and the results exceeded our expectations. We had follow-up visits with members of his team --- all were friendly, thorough, knowledgeable, and reassuring --- and our final visit was with Dr. Marcus himself. He is an excellent surgeon who connects with patients (and their families), offering honest and clear information. I highly recommend him.
Mar 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Marcus, MD?
For 6 months before seeing Dr. Marcus, I was in agonizing pain. After his careful research into my problem, he recommended surgery. I am now pain-free and much more mobile! I found Dr. Marcus caring and personable in addition to an excellent surgeon.
Agnes, age 89y – Mar 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Marcus, MD?
My Chiropractor recommended Dr. Marcus ASAP when my MRI was reviewed. I was in tremendous pain for several days taking heavy pain meds to alleviate back and leg pain with sciatica down the right leg and foot. Dr. Marcus was able to schedule surgery within a week. Dr. Marcus performed a discectomy in the L-4, L-5 area. After completion of surgery I had no pain, was able to walk with only slight discomfort and tingling in the right foot. I was extremely impressed with his professional demeanor and his ability to comprehensively explain the procedure and what to expect.
William F. – Feb 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Marcus, MD?
My husband entered the emergency room, with pain in his neck and unable to left his left leg. After three days in the hospital,MRI determined my husband needed neck and spine surgery. After hearing the devastating news we meet with Dr. Marcus. Dr. Marcus explained everything in terms that we could understand. He took his time answer all of our questions. After meeting with Dr. Marcus I knew we were in good hands. Dr. Marcus is a amazing and talented surgeon. Thanks to his incredible skills my husband was able returned to work as a transit bus driver fully recovered. Thank you Dr. Marcus and your awesome staff at 148 East Ave Norwalk, CT Sincerely, The Langleys
Lesley – Feb 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Marcus, MD?
After a decades long history of low back pain and sciatica and numerous epidural steroid injections I was referred to Dr. Marcus for decompression. He performed a spinal fusion at L4-5 L-S1. This restored my ability to walk and return to normal life. While I have some sleep discomfort my pain has essentially been relieved. Dr. Marcus addressed all my questions and concerns, was very helpful in dealing with my insurance and is kind and professional. I highly recommend him!
John Opinski – Jan 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Marcus, MD?
I was in big trouble when I met Dr. Marcus, suffering from Cervical Myelopathy where symptoms had progressed very quickly over 6 weeks to where my coordination/strength was compromised to the point where I was almost unable to walk or use my hands to eat/brush my teeth. From our 1st appt. with Dr. Marcus - he put myself and my wife completely at ease with his diagnosis and plan to correct the issue. He quickly put me on his surgery schedule so we could stop the damage as soon as possible. The surgery was executed flawlessly with a Cervical Laminectomy and Fusion over the C3 to C7 & T1 Vertebrae. Surgery was completed without any complications and with the feeling/coordination with the hands returning immediately. My overall coordination has vastly improved after 3 months and we are expecting continued improvement over next year. He is a truly skilled and talented Surgeon who is also very compassionate and available to answer any and all concerns, I would highly recommend Dr. Marcus.
Jan 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Marcus, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Marcus by my orthopedist. I had a herniated disk between C6 & C7 and was replaced with artificial disk. Dr. Marcus was great from the first time we met, he had made accommodation to see me when I called day prior. He never rushed me and provided full detail to me, by showing me my MRI results to explaining my situation. He then explained to me the step by step process, so I there was no surprise. Dr. Marcus and his staff were friendly, professional and extremely knowledgeable. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Marcus, even if looking for an opinion.
Maureen H. – Dec 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Marcus, MD?
Dr. Marcus has been treating me since 2016 or so, as I have spinal stenosis and a few (or so I thought) minor bulging discs. During August I started to walk with a hitch and couldn't lift my toes or stretch my right foot to find my gait. Dr. Marcus suggested MRI and then saw a significant impingement of the sciatic nerve and nerves running to the foot. September 20, 2019 Dr. Marcus performed a microdiscectomy. It was a miracle. He cleaned out the area of the stenosis and herniation by removing pieces of bone and disc. He said it was worse than expected. However, after the surgery I could lift my toes toward my nose - a first in months! My recovery went so smoothly I really didn't require PT, but I chose to go for strengthening. I have to say, if anyone I know ever needs back or spine surgery, Dr. Marcus is MY MAN. His staff, the entire Nero Team at 79 Sandpit Rd. are AWESOME!
Jim – Nov 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Marcus, MD?
Dr. Marcus is an excellent Doctor/Surgeon. He explained my back and leg problems and how the non invasive surgery can help me. Easy to talk to and very nice. Wonderful bedside manner. I would highly recommend Dr. Marcus.
Oct 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Marcus, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Marcus?

• Neurosurgery