Dr. Joshua Kahn, MD

Child & Adolescent PsychiatryMaleAge 60

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

Dr. Joshua Kahn, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in Northbrook, IL.

Dr. Joshua Kahn, MD

Howard Segal, M.d.

450 Skokie Blvd Ste 504 Northbrook, IL 60062

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Easy Scheduling
    Patients said scheduling was easy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check Dr. Kahn's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Kahn accepts

Dr. Kahn's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kahn

3.4

Dr. Kahn

I am a 26 year old male. I saw Joshua Kahn when I was 8-12 years old. In our session I started to tear up and he said "oh no no no need to get emotional here" and stopped me from crying. Unbelievably messed up and bizarre. The one place young boys and ANYONE should feel comfortable being emotional. Please do not send your child to him.
  • Long wait times
John – Sep 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Kahn, MD?
I have no words to adequately express my disappointment and utter disbelief in how Dr. Joshua Kahn handled our son's treatment. He even went as far to say very inappropriate things to me as his parent. He takes no responsibility when something goes wrong with his patient. He should have never prescribed the medication he did for our son, knowing his specific issues. I asked him if he really thought it was wise to switch his meds and he acted like it was no big deal. Well, it was. Our son had severe reactions from the medication. This combined with the astronomical amount of money he charges even for a check in, caused us to get out!! Since then I have heard so many awful experiences that others had with Kahn. Once I emailed him to say our son would not be seeing him anymore, he didn't even bother to email back. He does not care about his patients. He's only interested in the money. STAY AWAY!!!!
Nov 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Kahn, MD?
Josh Kahn is a seriously creepy man. At first he seemed okay, but over time he began talking to our son about increasingly inapproriate topics for "therapeutic purposes". I used to believe these sorts of people only existed on the 5 o'clock news.
Rebecca Cohen – Jan 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Kahn, MD?
I survived this dangerous quack. It is troubling that the Antidepresssents and Antipsychotic meds he dishes out are the very cause of the symptoms themselves, especially as you try to come off them. Just like the opioid crisis, psychotropic drugs are also misleading and dangerous as are the "professionals" who give them out without warning you of the high risks involved and strong probabilities of poor outcomes, including insomnia, akithesia, homicidal/suicidal thoughts and actions, etc, They are also responsible for the mass violence in our country. These poisons disrupt your neurons and poison your mind and body. I will Keep sharing my experience to warn others and continue to sue the reckless doctors and pharmaceutical companies who harm the public.
  • Long wait times
Darryl Levine – Aug 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Kahn, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Kahn's since 1999, and I can't have any higher praise of any doctors I have visited throughout my lifetime. He is very accommodating and has always found the correct meds to help me overcome my anxiety.
Brian S. in Skokie, IL – Jul 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Kahn, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kahn?