Dr. Joshua Johnston, MD

Dr. Joshua Johnston, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |

Dr. Joshua Johnston, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Lakewood, WA. He is 42 years old.

Franciscan Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Associates St Clare

11311 Bridgeport Way SW Ste 205

Lakewood, WA 98499

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Johnston

Video

See how frequently Dr. Johnston performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Knee Surgery
high
Fracture

Dr. Johnston's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Johnston "Joshua A. Johnston, MD is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon specializing in orthopedic sports medicine, arthroscopic surgery, reconstructive surgery and trauma, treatment of athletic injuries, and fracture care. He enjoys caring for patients from all walks of life and strives to provide his patients with efficient, thorough and compassionate care. Dr. Johnston completed a fellowship at the Santa Monica Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Group, a FIFA Centre of Medical Excellence, where he served as the team physician for the L.A. Galaxy and Chivas USA Major League Soccer teams, the U.S. Men s and Women s National Soccer Teams and the Pepperdine University and Santa Monica Community College athletic departments. Dr. Johnston is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the American Orthopaedic Society of Sports Medicine."

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics

• Shoulder Surgery
  • Total Joint Replacement
  • Ventricular Assist Device
  • Wrist Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

• University Of Washington School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Michigan State University/Kalamazoo Center for Medical Studies
  • Santa Monica Orthopaedic & Sports Med Grp
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Johnston has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Johnston does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Johnston and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Johnston's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Johnston to family and friends
Dr. Johnston's Performance
in Buckley WA |
Amazing very honest doctor! He's throuhough and up front and takes the time to talk to you. I highly recommend him!
in Fife, WA |
When I was injured in a car accident, Dr. Johnston operated on my knee. He was patient, caring and supportive in my care, even when I had given up. He has a wonderful sense of humor and makes you see the up side of things, even when you feel down. He continued to reassure me when I re-injured my knee and had to have a second knee surgery, that everything would be okay. He was right, and he even taught me tricks to keep the pain away when it rains. He's a great guy.
in Olympia, WA |
Dr. Johnston is for the top surgeon in his field. He did with total success a bilateral knee-replacement on me. I recovered nicely and today I'm better than I was with my birth given knees. He and his team are on top of every game I've witnessed them, speedy appointments, on time always, no waiting times in the office, super responsive. You name Dr. Johnston and his team does it. Recently, I refused the ER and waited until Dr. Johnston could get me quickly in to his schedule, which he did!!
in Tacoma, WA |
Last year I completely tore my ACL while playing soccer. Dr. Johnston is AMAZING!!!! I was fully recovered and back to playing contact sports in six months. I highly recommend Dr. Johnston and his staff. They are all extremely knowledgeable and professional.
in Puyallup, WA |
I think he is a busy man (rightfully so) who knows what he is doing. Does some of the surgeries that other surgeons around here do not!
in Tacoma, WA |
The most attentive doc I've ever had. If there is a chance something is wrong he gets you back in immediately to check it out. He explains everything, has a wonderful demeanor and not only comes in daily to see you after surgery, after you get home, he is available at all hours for any needs or questions. Who else does that?.
in Lakewood, WA |
Best experience I could have hoped for! I waited an extra 6 weeks for hip replacement surgery so I could have him perform the anterior method. Her was highly recommended by a friend of a friend.Back at work in under 3 weeks; not bad for a 70 year old, not in the best shape! Very caring and attentive to my questions.
in Tacoma, WA |
He is a very caring and skilled doctor. I work in the medical field, and he is excellent! He is one of the few doc's that do anterior hips (small cut in front of leg instead of huge cut on side)! I love his personality and his thoroughness in my care
in Graham, Wa |
Had total hip replacement in June of 2014 and Sept 2014. Love this man. He was fantastic and did his job wonderfully. Recommend him all the time with people. It is now 2016 and my husband will be having both of his hips done by Dr. Johnston also this year. Can't say enough good about him. You won't be disappointed by having the anterior approach done. My mom had hers hip replacement on the side and so did my brother. Their healing time was a lot longer and more default then mine.
in Tacoma WA |
Very good
Have you seen Dr. Joshua Johnston, MD?
Are you Dr. Johnston?

Visit Dr. Johnston

Dr. Johnston accepts 2 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
    Special Needs Plan SNP