Dr. Joshua Hornstein, MD

Dr. Joshua Hornstein, MD

Sports Medicine | Male

Trenton Orthopaedics Group 1225 Whitehorse Mercerville Rd Ste 220 Mercerville, NJ 08619 Get Directions

My goal is to establish a patient-centered approach from your first office visit.  I believe that the patient should be engaged in the decision making process.  My job is to help guide you in making the best and safest decision by providing you with the medical knowledge you will need.  I take great pride in both my surgical and non-surgical outcomes and make my best effort to keep up with the rapidly changing environment of Orthopaedic sports medicine.

Dr. Joshua Hornstein, MD is a sports medicine doctor who practices in Mercerville, NJ. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 21 years. Dr. Hornstein is affiliated with RWJ University Hospital Hamilton, Capital Health Medical Center - Hopewell and St. Mary Medical Center.

Dr. Hornstein's Experience

See how Dr. Hornstein's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hornstein

Dr. Hornstein accepts 12 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Hornstein has admitting privileges.

Dr. Hornstein's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hornstein to family and friends
Dr. Hornstein Says:

Thank you for your opinion.  My number one goal is always patient satisfaction.

Dr. Hornstein's Performance
in Trenton, NJ |
Dr. Hornstein was great. i had shoulder surgery and from the pre-op to post-op, he was very upfront and let me know what was going to happened. he took all the time I needed to answer any questions or concerns i had. wish all my doctors were like him.
in trenton, nj |
Dr Hornstein took care of both my shoulders over the past 3 years. Two rotor cuff repairs, 2 really good shoulders. He was attentive to my needs and explained in detail his surgery plan. He likes to use videos to show me what the surgery would look like. I always recommend Dr Hornstein to my friends and family.
in newtown, pa |
Dr. Hornstein fixed my son's dislocated shoulder - he is back tohockey and playing great - I would send anyone to him. Very nice guy, nice office too. His surgery scheduler was super helpful
in Hamilton NJ |
I've been a patient of Dr. Hornsteins for several years, and after exhausting all options for my shoulder pain, surgery was the next step. Dr. Hornstein explained the entire procedure, what to expect after surgery and the importance of post-op physical therapy. Only a few short months later I am 100% better and have no pain. I have recommended him to several family members and friends and will continue to do so.
in bordentown nj |
Dr. Hornstein has now fixed both shoulders, and one hip. He is professional , personal, and is a gifted surgeon. I highly recommend him if you need rotator cuff surgery, or hip.
Dr. Hornstein was empathetic and interested in my description of my injury and the pain I was experiencing. He gave me a thorough examination and suggested an X-Ray which was performed at the office. He explained what the X-Ray showed and prescribed an initial regimen of physical therapy. I was pleased with the thoroughness of the diagnosis and the reason for PT rather than surgery. I have made significant progress and believe I will be 100% soon.
Marlton, NJ |
Dr. Hornstein is awesome! He fixed my shoulder and I'm back to my normal activities! I also appreciated that he spent a lot of time explaining things to me during my office visits even when I could see the office was very busy.
Trenton, NJ |
Dr. Hornstein performed my hip surgery and I have had an excellent outcome. He's an excellent surgeon who takes the time to explain everything to you. Highly recommended!
in New Providence, NJ |
Dr. Hornstein performed a hip scope procedure on me a few months ago. Now I feel I could go on Dancing with the Stars!
in Trenton, NJ |
I cant talk enough about how great of care i received from Dr. H. I had seen several providers before seeing him and he was, far and away, the best. His office staff was courteous and his bedside manner is professional. Definitely recommend!
in Robbinsville, NJ |
If you have orthopedic pain, make an apointment with Dr. Hornstein, who treated me for chronic shoulder and neck pain. When diagnostics showed a tear in the left rotator cuff and impingement syndrome, surgery was needed. Dr Hornstein did the surgery and followed up as I did the PT.. He is attentive, kind, and most importantly importantly, highly skilled. Now, I am pain-free with a full range of motion.??????
in Trenton, NJ |
Our daughter plays tennis and suffered a shoulder injury. Dr. Hornstein's expertise as a sports medicine doctor, combined with his outgoing and friendly personality, made for an outstanding experience. He was very patient during the exam and put my daughter (and me) totally at ease, and was able to diagnose the issue quickly and prescribe corrective action that was effective and had her back on the court quickly. I will definitely be bringing my entire family to him for any future issues.
in Lawrenceville NJ |
Dr. Hornstein is my savior. When I dislocated my shoulder skiing I thouggt for sure my life was over. Dr. H got me in to see him almost immediately. He put me at ease, explained everything in detail and got me into the operating room within 3 days. It has been two months since surgery and I'm already back to all of my activities. Amazing doctor, superb bedside manner, professional...and just a really good person. See this doc if you have orthopedic issues.
in Lawrence Township, NJ |
Dr Hornstein was attentive during s very tough time in my life. He got me back in the game with an excellent result for my hip scope
in Burlington, NJ |
Dr. Hornstein was very knowledgeable and attentive. He offered several treatment options, not just surgery.
Have you seen Dr. Joshua Hornstein, MD?
Are you Dr. Hornstein?

Compare Dr. Hornstein

}

Dr. Hornstein's Care Philosophy

Dr. Hornstein says...

My background is in minimally invasive shoulder and knee surgery.  I recently added hip arthroscopy/hip preservation to my repertoire.  As TOG Orthopaedics is a subspecialty-based practice, I have been able to hone my skills over 13 years to where I am professionally today.  I have extensive experience in the areas of rotator cuff tears, shoulder instability, and the entire constellation of shoulder maladies.  I can manage "bread and butter" knee problems as well as complex multi-ligament injuries, patellar instability and articular cartilage problems.  Our practice follows the philosophy "Do what you do best". We do our best to get our patients to the physician most-suited to manage the problem at hand.

Shoulder

AC joint separations

Shoulder fractures

Revision shoulder surgery

Knee

ACL reconstruction with hamstring autograft/allograft

meniscal tears/repair

Femoroacetabular impingement (FAI)

Labral tears

Trochanteric bursitis

Dr. Hornstein says...

Thank you for your opinion.  My number one goal is always patient satisfaction.

Dr. Hornstein's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Sports Medicine
  •  Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Hornstein has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Why It Matters: Dr. Hornstein's Board Certifications

• Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

Boston University Medical Center

Completed in 2002

Brandeis U

Graduated in 1992

Dr. Hornstein does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hornstein and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Sports Medicine

• Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Rotator Cuff Surgery