Dr. Joshua Heller, MD

Dr. Joshua Heller, MD

NeurosurgeryMale

Neurosurgery

Dr. Joshua Heller, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Philadelphia, PA. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Thomas Jefferson University Hospital and Bryn Mawr Hospital. His office is not accepting new patients.

Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals

Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals909 Walnut St Fl 2 Philadelphia, PA 19107

Jefferson Neurosurgery

Thomas Jefferson at Navy Yard3 Crescent Dr Philadelphia, PA 19112

Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals

Jefferson Neurosurgery at King of Prussia950 Pulaski Dr King of Prussia, PA 19406

• Practices at Top Hospital Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals

More Neurosurgery Specialists at Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals

Dr. Heller's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Heller

4.4

Dr. Heller

On 6/13/21 I had a rather serious biking accident and was taken to a local ER in Lancaster, PA. The accident broke apart my previous fusion at T7/T8; I also had two broken ribs and a partially collapsed lung. When the extent of my injuries became apparent I asked to be transferred to Jefferson where I had had two previous spine surgeries. Dr. Heller performed a lengthy surgery on me on June 15th where he inserted many rods and screws to hold my back together. I cannot praise Dr. Heller enough. He is an excellent surgeon but even more than that he cares so much about each of his patients. He treats each patient with dignity, takes the time to explain, he listens and answers questions. Tomorrow it will be three months since I had the accident. I am getting used to my "new" back. I am making steady progress and am nearly back to my pre-accident self. With the seriousness of my injuries I never thought I would recover this well. Thank you, Dr. Heller for giving me my life back!
Martha Matt – Sep 12, 2021
Hi, we are very happy we could provide you with a...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
I went to Dr. Heller with numbness in my legs and feet, I could not walk without assistance. He has been very honest about what to expect from surgery and recovery. I am several months out and can walk after physical therapy. Dr Heller is a very patient, caring and knowledgeable surgeon.
Jun 16, 2021
Hi, thank you for sharing your experience! We...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
Had spine surgery for problems with my legs now I’ve lost full mobility use of my hands and my back has become much more stiffer than before im afraid to see him again he doesn’t give me any reasonable explanation of why my body is having these complications
  • Appointment was rushed
Feb 26, 2021
Hi thank you for taking the time to leave us your...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
Excellent, full spinal fusion. Felt very confident under his care. Very successful surgery, my quality of life is so much better even at age 75 having MS for 40 year also.??
MHChubb – Jul 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
I am so glad to have found Dr. Heller. He performed my left Si joint fusion and I feel so much better. I feel blessed to have come across a Dr with such expertise and compassion for his patients.
Christopher Lessig in Aston, PA – Oct 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
I had increasingly debilitating sciatic pain. Dr Heller went through a series of nonsurgical treatment before considering an operation. A each visit he explained & showed what he was recommending & why. He made efficient use of time but always had time to answer any questions & did not give an impression of being rushed. When all else failed, he explained the surgical procedure fully & clearly. All went as expected & I now walk freely without pain. One day I commented that he really seemed to enjoy his work. With animation, he said, "Yes, I can help people feel better!"
Aug 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
I love Dr. Heller ! He is fantastic. I chose him based on my research and I couldn't have been more pleased. He is very caring and will discuss with you all your options , risks, etc. My surgery was completely successful and I am pain free and back to myself. He gave me my life back. I would highly recommend him and Jefferson for your needs. Very good experience. If any thing happens in the future for which I would need his services, I will definitely go back to him.
Phyllis Giberson in Millersville, PA – Jun 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
Rather dissatisfied! He did take his time, but could not remember what test he wanted me to have done and then eventually stated, he could not help me with a sternal issue, as he was a spine surgeon. He should have immediately referred me to another doctor and not send me in endless circles with no resolution. As it turns out, he never should have been involved and should have been honest from the start.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
May 29, 2019
Hi, we pride ourselves on providing exceptional...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
Dr. Heller saved me. He saw me on a Wednesday and he sent me to the hospital that night. Spine surgery was the very next day! He spent an hour with me in his office answering every single question I had without rushing me. He was calm and confident and I absolutely recommend him to other spine patients! He put me at ease. Surgery was a success. I was scared to death but Dr. Heller and his team took care of me! Thank you Dr. Heller...you ROCK!!
Kelly Mull in Norristown, PA – Mar 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
Dr. Heller is a rarity. A true professional who values his patients and their needs more than anything else. I consider myself very fortunate to have been under his care. A challenging situation was made easier knowing I had Dr. Heller’s skill, knowledge, and experience to help me get my life back. Thank you Dr. Heller
W. Glazier in PA – Oct 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
Doctor Heller is an amazing surgeon. Kind and caring but smart and gifted in his field. He took his time with my case and made sure that I understood exactly what was happening. He fused most of my thorastic and all of my lombar spine. I am now able to to walk and move with significantly less pain.
Jennifer Harp-Douris in Ocean City , NJ – Sep 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
March 8, 2017 Dr. Heller performed a C-3 & C-5 lamino plasty in my neck and also Thoracic laminectomy and fusion C-11 to T-12. Recovery time was approximately supposed to be 8 months to 1 year but thanks to the great job that Dr. Heller performed, I was 70 miles offshore in the ocean tuna fishing 2 1/2 months later. To date, I have had no issues with the surgery he performed. I highly recommend Dr. Heller.
Dwayne McFerren in Brigantine, NJ – May 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
Dr Heller is one in a Million. He literally saved my life. He is an excellent surgeon, and he performed spinal column surgery to clear out an infection that destroyed 5 vertebrae in my neck , and I have regained full motor skills and all activity. If it were not for Dr Heller I would be in a wheelchair today God Bless Dr Heller Paul Villari
Paul Villari in Mount Laurel, NJ – Oct 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
A wonderful doctor. I can't say enough nice things about Dr. Heller. He is skilled, great bedside manner and caring.
Kathy in Bucks County, PA – Sep 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
I've read the review of someone who was dissatisfied with Dr. Heller's practice. I can only say that our experience was the opposite. He was recommended to us by the doctor at Bryn Mawr Hospital as "the best in the Philadelphia area". After 4 back surgeries with a different surgeon, we were desperate to find someone to correct my friend's back problems. His hands are golden. Would hihgly recommend him to any in my family . That is the highest praise I can think of!
Barbara in Narberth, PA – Feb 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
As a patient of Dr Heller I must say he's an excellent physician he takes the time to explain to his patients what is going on and what needs to be done you get them back to Optimal Health. He's able to communicate to his patients in a way that they understand rather than just speak in medical jargon. He and his staff go above and beyond every day for every patient. I highly recommend him to anyone who needs his services and that of Jefferson Health System.
Russ M in Delaware County, Pa – Jan 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
Dr Heller and his staff are exceptional in all aspects of patient care. He is a very warm and caring doctor. With his exemplary knowledge of the human body he was able to get me back to 100% through surgery and I am now back in my beloved profession of 25 years as a Paramedic. I owe my life to Dr Heller. I highly recommend him for anyone who needs Neurosurgical care. He and his staff are now considered part of my family as we've gotten to know each other throughout my treatment. Thank you!
Brenda M. in Essington, PA – Jan 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
Dr. Heller is great! My mother has COPD and was a high risk for surgery so we were referred to Dr. Heller. He was extremely thorough. After completing all necessary testing we went for our second visit. He not only told us but showed us with mom's MRI pictures on the computer exactly what he could do to help her. Four months post surgery she is doing well. The surgery was a success. He is a super nice guy too. We think the world of him! I would highly recommend him to anyone!
Carol in Havertown, PA – Jan 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
Dr. Heller was untruthful and I am very unsatisfied with my outcome. You wait a very long time to see him and then he rushes through the appointment. Would not go back! He is not the type of Doctor I expected from Jefferson.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
Mary in Media PA – Nov 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
I had surgery Dr. Joshua Heller. My stay at Jefferson Hospital was to say the least unsatisfactory and I now have the left median vocal cord paralyzed, which involves my voice, swallowing, etc. I have lost all trust with the care I have received from Dr. Joshua Heller. I am left with my quality of life severely impacted do to the surgery that Dr. Heller performed. Dr. Heller is more concerned about himself and how he is perceived than providing quality of care to his patients.
Age in Springfield, PA – Nov 10, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Heller?