Dr. Joshua Heller, MD

Neurosurgery •  Male • Age 42

Telehealth services available

Dr. Joshua Heller, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in King of Prussia, PA and has been practicing for 11 years. He specializes in neurosurgery and neurological spine surgery.

Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals

New Patient?
Jefferson Neurosurgery at King of Prussia950 Pulaski Dr King of Prussia, PA 19406
Jefferson Neurosurgery909 Walnut St Fl 2 Philadelphia, PA 19107

83.72093023255815%

Dr. Heller?
Dr. Heller's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Joshua Heller, MD
I am so glad to have found Dr. Heller. He performed my left Si joint fusion and I feel so much better. I feel blessed to have come across a Dr with such expertise and compassion for his patients.
Christopher Lessig in Aston, PA – Oct 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
I had increasingly debilitating sciatic pain. Dr Heller went through a series of nonsurgical treatment before considering an operation. A each visit he explained & showed what he was recommending & why. He made efficient use of time but always had time to answer any questions & did not give an impression of being rushed. When all else failed, he explained the surgical procedure fully & clearly. All went as expected & I now walk freely without pain. One day I commented that he really seemed to enjoy his work. With animation, he said, "Yes, I can help people feel better!"
Aug 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
I love Dr. Heller ! He is fantastic. I chose him based on my research and I couldn't have been more pleased. He is very caring and will discuss with you all your options , risks, etc. My surgery was completely successful and I am pain free and back to myself. He gave me my life back. I would highly recommend him and Jefferson for your needs. Very good experience. If any thing happens in the future for which I would need his services, I will definitely go back to him.
Phyllis Giberson in Millersville, PA – Jun 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
Rather dissatisfied! He did take his time, but could not remember what test he wanted me to have done and then eventually stated, he could not help me with a sternal issue, as he was a spine surgeon. He should have immediately referred me to another doctor and not send me in endless circles with no resolution. As it turns out, he never should have been involved and should have been honest from the start.
May 29, 2019
Hi, we pride ourselves on providing exceptional...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
Dr. Heller saved me. He saw me on a Wednesday and he sent me to the hospital that night. Spine surgery was the very next day! He spent an hour with me in his office answering every single question I had without rushing me. He was calm and confident and I absolutely recommend him to other spine patients! He put me at ease. Surgery was a success. I was scared to death but Dr. Heller and his team took care of me! Thank you Dr. Heller...you ROCK!!
Kelly Mull in Norristown, PA – Mar 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
Dr. Heller is a rarity. A true professional who values his patients and their needs more than anything else. I consider myself very fortunate to have been under his care. A challenging situation was made easier knowing I had Dr. Heller’s skill, knowledge, and experience to help me get my life back. Thank you Dr. Heller
W. Glazier in PA – Oct 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
Doctor Heller is an amazing surgeon. Kind and caring but smart and gifted in his field. He took his time with my case and made sure that I understood exactly what was happening. He fused most of my thorastic and all of my lombar spine. I am now able to to walk and move with significantly less pain.
Jennifer Harp-Douris in Ocean City , NJ – Sep 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
March 8, 2017 Dr. Heller performed a C-3 & C-5 lamino plasty in my neck and also Thoracic laminectomy and fusion C-11 to T-12. Recovery time was approximately supposed to be 8 months to 1 year but thanks to the great job that Dr. Heller performed, I was 70 miles offshore in the ocean tuna fishing 2 1/2 months later. To date, I have had no issues with the surgery he performed. I highly recommend Dr. Heller.
Dwayne McFerren in Brigantine, NJ – May 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
Dr Heller is one in a Million. He literally saved my life. He is an excellent surgeon, and he performed spinal column surgery to clear out an infection that destroyed 5 vertebrae in my neck , and I have regained full motor skills and all activity. If it were not for Dr Heller I would be in a wheelchair today God Bless Dr Heller Paul Villari
Paul Villari in Mount Laurel, NJ – Oct 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
A wonderful doctor. I can't say enough nice things about Dr. Heller. He is skilled, great bedside manner and caring.
Kathy in Bucks County, PA – Sep 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
I've read the review of someone who was dissatisfied with Dr. Heller's practice. I can only say that our experience was the opposite. He was recommended to us by the doctor at Bryn Mawr Hospital as "the best in the Philadelphia area". After 4 back surgeries with a different surgeon, we were desperate to find someone to correct my friend's back problems. His hands are golden. Would hihgly recommend him to any in my family . That is the highest praise I can think of!
Barbara in Narberth, PA – Feb 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
As a patient of Dr Heller I must say he's an excellent physician he takes the time to explain to his patients what is going on and what needs to be done you get them back to Optimal Health. He's able to communicate to his patients in a way that they understand rather than just speak in medical jargon. He and his staff go above and beyond every day for every patient. I highly recommend him to anyone who needs his services and that of Jefferson Health System.
Russ M in Delaware County, Pa – Jan 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
Dr Heller and his staff are exceptional in all aspects of patient care. He is a very warm and caring doctor. With his exemplary knowledge of the human body he was able to get me back to 100% through surgery and I am now back in my beloved profession of 25 years as a Paramedic. I owe my life to Dr Heller. I highly recommend him for anyone who needs Neurosurgical care. He and his staff are now considered part of my family as we've gotten to know each other throughout my treatment. Thank you!
Brenda M. in Essington, PA – Jan 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
Dr. Heller is great! My mother has COPD and was a high risk for surgery so we were referred to Dr. Heller. He was extremely thorough. After completing all necessary testing we went for our second visit. He not only told us but showed us with mom's MRI pictures on the computer exactly what he could do to help her. Four months post surgery she is doing well. The surgery was a success. He is a super nice guy too. We think the world of him! I would highly recommend him to anyone!
Carol in Havertown, PA – Jan 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
Dr. Heller was untruthful and I am very unsatisfied with my outcome. You wait a very long time to see him and then he rushes through the appointment. Would not go back! He is not the type of Doctor I expected from Jefferson.
Mary in Media PA – Nov 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
I had surgery Dr. Joshua Heller. My stay at Jefferson Hospital was to say the least unsatisfactory and I now have the left median vocal cord paralyzed, which involves my voice, swallowing, etc. I have lost all trust with the care I have received from Dr. Joshua Heller. I am left with my quality of life severely impacted do to the surgery that Dr. Heller performed. Dr. Heller is more concerned about himself and how he is perceived than providing quality of care to his patients.
Age in Springfield, PA – Nov 10, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
Dr. Heller is a wonderful surgeon. He's performed three surgeries on my back and each was very successful. I have complete confidence in him.
Havertown, PA – Apr 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
He explains things so that you can understand what your problems are and how they can be dealt with. He takes his time in learning as much as he can about you before he gives you his final diagnosis. He also has a wonderful PA, Lisa that helps guide you along the way before, and after surgery. So helpful to be able to talk to someone if the Doctor is in surgery or otherwise unavailable. He was always there if you needed him directly or through Lisa. A great, intelligent and caring doctor.
Patricia spallone in Chester Springs, PA – Feb 22, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Heller?

Dr. Heller accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Heller has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(215) 259-5822Find providers who accept this insurance

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check Dr. Heller's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Heller's Top Procedures and Conditions

Scoliosis

Dr. Heller treats Scoliosis more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Heller treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Acrodysplasia Scoliosis

• Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cranial Trauma
  • Disc Replacement
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Puncture Aspiration

2004
Temple University Hospital
1999
Brandeis University

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Heller treats patients.

Thomas Jefferson University Hospital—Jefferson Health

Philadelphia, PA

71% Patient experience rating, 2% higher than the national average

• America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2019, 2018)
  • America's 50 Best Hospitals Award™ (2019)
  • America's 100 Best Hospitals Award™ (2018)

Bryn Mawr Hospital

Bryn Mawr, PA

80% Patient experience rating, 11% higher than the national average

• America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2019, 2018)
  • Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)