Dr. Joshua Heller, MD

• Devon Health
  • HealthPartners
  • Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey

Dr. Heller specializes in Neurosurgery and practices in Philadelphia, PA. He practices at 2 locations.

Are you Dr. Heller? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Heller's Experience

See how Dr. Heller's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Heller

Dr. Heller accepts 22 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Heller has admitting privileges.

Dr. Heller's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Heller to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Heller's Performance
in Narberth, PA |
I've read the review of someone who was dissatisfied with Dr. Heller's practice. I can only say that our experience was the opposite. He was recommended to us by the doctor at Bryn Mawr Hospital as "the best in the Philadelphia area". After 4 back surgeries with a different surgeon, we were desperate to find someone to correct my friend's back problems. His hands are golden. Would hihgly recommend him to any in my family . That is the highest praise I can think of!
in Bucks County |
Dr. Heller, is outstanding in all areas. I am alive today because of him. I highly recommend him.
in Delaware County, Pa |
As a patient of Dr Heller I must say he's an excellent physician he takes the time to explain to his patients what is going on and what needs to be done you get them back to Optimal Health. He's able to communicate to his patients in a way that they understand rather than just speak in medical jargon. He and his staff go above and beyond every day for every patient. I highly recommend him to anyone who needs his services and that of Jefferson Health System.
in Essington, PA |
Dr Heller and his staff are exceptional in all aspects of patient care. He is a very warm and caring doctor. With his exemplary knowledge of the human body he was able to get me back to 100% through surgery and I am now back in my beloved profession of 25 years as a Paramedic. I owe my life to Dr Heller. I highly recommend him for anyone who needs Neurosurgical care. He and his staff are now considered part of my family as we've gotten to know each other throughout my treatment. Thank you!
in Havertown, PA |
Dr. Heller is great! My mother has COPD and was a high risk for surgery so we were referred to Dr. Heller. He was extremely thorough. After completing all necessary testing we went for our second visit. He not only told us but showed us with mom's MRI pictures on the computer exactly what he could do to help her. Four months post surgery she is doing well. The surgery was a success. He is a super nice guy too. We think the world of him! I would highly recommend him to anyone!
in Media PA |
Dr. Heller was untruthful and I am very unsatisfied with my outcome. You wait a very long time to see him and then he rushes through the appointment. Would not go back! He is not the type of Doctor I expected from Jefferson.
in Springfield, PA |
I had surgery Dr. Joshua Heller. My stay at Jefferson Hospital was to say the least unsatisfactory and I now have the left median vocal cord paralyzed, which involves my voice, swallowing, etc. I have lost all trust with the care I have received from Dr. Joshua Heller. I am left with my quality of life severely impacted do to the surgery that Dr. Heller performed. Dr. Heller is more concerned about himself and how he is perceived than providing quality of care to his patients.
Havertown, PA |
Dr. Heller is a wonderful surgeon. He's performed three surgeries on my back and each was very successful. I have complete confidence in him.
in Chester Springs, PA |
He explains things so that you can understand what your problems are and how they can be dealt with. He takes his time in learning as much as he can about you before he gives you his final diagnosis. He also has a wonderful PA, Lisa that helps guide you along the way before, and after surgery. So helpful to be able to talk to someone if the Doctor is in surgery or otherwise unavailable. He was always there if you needed him directly or through Lisa. A great, intelligent and caring doctor.
Have you seen Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
Are you Dr. Heller?

Compare Dr. Heller

More Neurosurgery Specialists like Dr. Heller at Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals

Dr. Heller's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
  •  Board certified in Neurosurgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Pennsylvania not available

Dr. Heller has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

Why It Matters: Dr. Heller's Board Certifications

University of Virginia

Completed in 2011

Brandeis University

Graduated in 1999

Dr. Heller does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Heller and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery
  • Neurological Spine Surgery

• Anterior Cervical Herniated Disc Surgery With Fusion
  • Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion Surgery (ALIF)
  • Cervical Spine Surgery
  • Complex Spinal Deformity Correction
  • Complex Spine Surgery
  • Disc Replacement
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy