Dr. Joshua Heller, MD

Dr. Joshua Heller, MD

Neurosurgery  ·

Dr. Joshua Heller, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Philadelphia, PA and has been practicing for 10 years. He specializes in neurosurgery and neurological spine surgery.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check Dr. Heller's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Lumbar Spinal Stenosis

Dr. Heller's conditions and procedures:

• Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Anterior Cervical Herniated Disc Surgery With Fusion
  • Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion Surgery (ALIF)
  • Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cervical Herniated Disc
  • Complex Spinal Deformity Correction
  • Complex Spine Surgery
  • Cranial Trauma
  • Degenerative Spine Disorders
  • Disc Replacement
  • Kyphosis
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy

4.5

Dr. Heller?
Dr. Heller's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Joshua Heller, MD
Dr. Heller saved me. He saw me on a Wednesday and he sent me to the hospital that night. Spine surgery was the very next day! He spent an hour with me in his office answering every single question I had without rushing me. He was calm and confident and I absolutely recommend him to other spine patients! He put me at ease. Surgery was a success. I was scared to death but Dr. Heller and his team took care of me! Thank you Dr. Heller...you ROCK!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
Dr. Heller is a rarity. A true professional who values his patients and their needs more than anything else. I consider myself very fortunate to have been under his care. A challenging situation was made easier knowing I had Dr. Heller’s skill, knowledge, and experience to help me get my life back. Thank you Dr. Heller
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
Doctor Heller is an amazing surgeon. Kind and caring but smart and gifted in his field. He took his time with my case and made sure that I understood exactly what was happening. He fused most of my thorastic and all of my lombar spine. I am now able to to walk and move with significantly less pain.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
March 8, 2017 Dr. Heller performed a C-3 & C-5 lamino plasty in my neck and also Thoracic laminectomy and fusion C-11 to T-12. Recovery time was approximately supposed to be 8 months to 1 year but thanks to the great job that Dr. Heller performed, I was 70 miles offshore in the ocean tuna fishing 2 1/2 months later. To date, I have had no issues with the surgery he performed. I highly recommend Dr. Heller.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
Dr Heller is one in a Million. He literally saved my life. He is an excellent surgeon, and he performed spinal column surgery to clear out an infection that destroyed 5 vertebrae in my neck , and I have regained full motor skills and all activity. If it were not for Dr Heller I would be in a wheelchair today God Bless Dr Heller Paul Villari
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
A wonderful doctor. I can't say enough nice things about Dr. Heller. He is skilled, great bedside manner and caring.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
I've read the review of someone who was dissatisfied with Dr. Heller's practice. I can only say that our experience was the opposite. He was recommended to us by the doctor at Bryn Mawr Hospital as "the best in the Philadelphia area". After 4 back surgeries with a different surgeon, we were desperate to find someone to correct my friend's back problems. His hands are golden. Would hihgly recommend him to any in my family . That is the highest praise I can think of!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
As a patient of Dr Heller I must say he's an excellent physician he takes the time to explain to his patients what is going on and what needs to be done you get them back to Optimal Health. He's able to communicate to his patients in a way that they understand rather than just speak in medical jargon. He and his staff go above and beyond every day for every patient. I highly recommend him to anyone who needs his services and that of Jefferson Health System.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
Dr Heller and his staff are exceptional in all aspects of patient care. He is a very warm and caring doctor. With his exemplary knowledge of the human body he was able to get me back to 100% through surgery and I am now back in my beloved profession of 25 years as a Paramedic. I owe my life to Dr Heller. I highly recommend him for anyone who needs Neurosurgical care. He and his staff are now considered part of my family as we've gotten to know each other throughout my treatment. Thank you!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
Dr. Heller is great! My mother has COPD and was a high risk for surgery so we were referred to Dr. Heller. He was extremely thorough. After completing all necessary testing we went for our second visit. He not only told us but showed us with mom's MRI pictures on the computer exactly what he could do to help her. Four months post surgery she is doing well. The surgery was a success. He is a super nice guy too. We think the world of him! I would highly recommend him to anyone!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
Dr. Heller was untruthful and I am very unsatisfied with my outcome. You wait a very long time to see him and then he rushes through the appointment. Would not go back! He is not the type of Doctor I expected from Jefferson.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
I had surgery Dr. Joshua Heller. My stay at Jefferson Hospital was to say the least unsatisfactory and I now have the left median vocal cord paralyzed, which involves my voice, swallowing, etc. I have lost all trust with the care I have received from Dr. Joshua Heller. I am left with my quality of life severely impacted do to the surgery that Dr. Heller performed. Dr. Heller is more concerned about himself and how he is perceived than providing quality of care to his patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
Dr. Heller is a wonderful surgeon. He's performed three surgeries on my back and each was very successful. I have complete confidence in him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?
He explains things so that you can understand what your problems are and how they can be dealt with. He takes his time in learning as much as he can about you before he gives you his final diagnosis. He also has a wonderful PA, Lisa that helps guide you along the way before, and after surgery. So helpful to be able to talk to someone if the Doctor is in surgery or otherwise unavailable. He was always there if you needed him directly or through Lisa. A great, intelligent and caring doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Heller, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Heller?

Insurance accepted

Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
Aetna POS
Private HealthCare Systems
Private HealthCare Systems PPO
QualCare
Tricare

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Heller treats patients.

Bryn Mawr Hospital