Dr. Joshua Harris, MD

Dr. Joshua Harris, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Joshua Harris, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Houston, TX. He is 37 years old and has been practicing for 11 years. Read his story

6550 Fannin St Ste 2600

Houston, TX 77030

• Medicare

Learn about Dr. Harris

See how frequently Dr. Harris performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Hip Sprain
high
ACL Surgery
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Dr. Harris's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Harris' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Harris "Dr. Joshua Harris is an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in sports medicine and arthroscopy. Dr. Harris obtained his undergraduate degree from Wright State University in Dayton, Ohio. He completed both his medical degree and orthopedic residency at The Ohio State University College of Medicine in Columbus. He then completed a fellowship in sports medicine at Rush Medical Center in Chicago where he was assistant team physician for the Chicago Bulls, White Sox, and DePaul University. Dr Harris currently is the head team physician for the Houston Dash, and assistant team physician for the Houston Ballet, and medical director of the Houston Methodist Endurance Medicine Program. Dr. Harris' special interests include sports-related injuries including hip arthroscopy, arthroscopic hip labral repair and labral reconstruction, arthroscopic hip impingement surgery, knee joint preservation, shoulder dislocation and rotator cuff shoulder surgery, and PRP (platelet-rich plasma)."

This content was provided by Dr. Harris "I treat patients how I would like to be treated. Every patient that comes to our office is there for a reason: pain, loss of function, inability to play with their kids, inability to play their sport, among hundreds of others. Everyone is different and every patient encounter I have recognizes this. Many clinicians have lost the ability to talk to or examine patients and rely exclusively on an X-ray or MRI. I treat patients, not MRI's. Patients expect us to make a correct and timely diagnosis, provide both non-surgical and surgical treatment options, and discuss the expected outcomes of both. In my office, I not only use the best evidence-based medicine to treat patients, but I also write that literature, publishing and presenting from across the street to across the world. I use that evidence to make sure that every single patient gets the absolute best care possible whenever they step in the clinic or the operating room."

• Sports Medicine

• Hip Subluxation
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Meniscus Tear
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh

• Rush University Medical Center-Sports Medicine
  • Traveling Hip Arthroscopy Fellowship - Minneapolis, MN
  • Traveling Hip Arthroscopy Fellowship - Nashville, TN
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2013

Dr. Harris has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Harris does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Harris and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Harris' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Harris to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Harris' Performance
Houston, TX |
Dr. Harris quickly diagnosed the source of my pain and explained the details of the surgery needed to repair and correct it as well as the recovery and physical therapy timeline following the surgery. He and his staff are all energetic, friendly, helpful and positive. I am fortunate I found the right Dr. to help me.
in 2110 rain lily ct. pearland tx |
I highly recommend Dr. Harris to anyone experiencing joint pain . I have been a distance runner since I was sixteen , and for the last two years I have been in a lot of pain . with his patience and knowledge we went step by step . we tried the regular injections , then the PRP injections , finally it had to come to surgery. Through his skill as a surgeon I am now back on the roads pain free. Thank you Dr. Harris for everything you've done for me , words cant say enough , I am so very pleased .
in League City, TX |
Dr. Harris repaired my hip FAI/Labral tear. He and his staff Ann, and Lydia are true professionals. I would recommend his expertise with hip arthroscopic surgery.
in Houston, TX |
The only reasons I can think of why Dr Harris misdiagnosed me and cause years of shoulder pain is that he was distracted by his team of interns that follow him in every apt, trying to fit me into his research for his white paper, or he is plain incompetent. After 4 shots that didn't work, MRI, over 6 months of PT for which he received a report every 30 days, I went back from my 4th visit to figure out why I was getting worse. He said, "you shouldn't be in PT yet." Wow, this guy shouldn't be DR
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Harris has now completed two arthroscopic surgeries on my hips- surgeries considered "impossible" by most surgeons. Had I gone with the first or second opinion I received I would have ended up with much more aggressive surgeries with longer recoveries. Dr Harris was able to do my surgeries with the scope and I'm eternally grateful. His office is easy to work with and he has terrific bedside manner. I'd recommend his team to anyone considering an arthroscopy
in Huntsville, Texas |
After being in pain with my hip for the last 7 months none of my doctors in my home town knew what was wrong with me and were treating me for something I didn't have, I got fed up with none of it working; I asked for a referral to see him...and I'm really glad I did. After having his staff take x-rays and he looked at them, he knew exactly what was wrong, how he was going to fix it and informed me what the issue was, how it developed and how rare this issue ended up being. Soon we will fix this
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Harris is an excellent physician. He is able to explain what is wrong is simple, easy to understand language.
in Rosenberg, TX |
Dr Harris took time and explained my situation to me. He answered all my questions and made me feel good about the questions I asked. He was obviously very knowledgeable about the surgery I need. I researched thoroughly my hip problem and I'm convinced that Dr Harris is 100 percent right on the solution I need.
in Houston, TX |
A true professional with a great bedside manner from start to finish.
Have you seen Dr. Joshua Harris, MD?
Are you Dr. Harris?