Dr. Joshua Harris, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 41

Telehealth services available

New Patient

Current Patient

Dr. Joshua Harris, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Houston, TX. He is affiliated with Houston Methodist Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Harris to book an appointment.

Houston Methodist Orthopedics & Sports Medicine

New Patient?
Houston Methodist Department of Surgery6445 Main St Ste 2500 Houston, TX 77030

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Harris is affiliated with Houston Methodist Hospital Houston, a highly rated hospital.

• Practices at Top Hospital America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Houston Methodist

Dr. Harris' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Harris

4.2

Dr. Harris?
  • Office environment (25)
  • Appointment scheduling (22)
  • Staff friendliness (22)
  • Appointment was rushed (6)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (6)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (5)
I’ve seen several orthopedic surgeons in the last 5 years for hip and back pain and Dr. Harris was the first one I felt confident enough in to proceed with labral repair surgery on my hip. It’s been 3 months since the surgery and based on results to date I think Dr. Harris did a great job. During my initial visit with him, I was impressed with his physical exam as well as his x-ray and MRI diagnostic protocols as they are superior to other doctors I’ve seen. He was able to identify hip impingement not previously identified. He is skilled at hip arthroscopy and one can tell that he constantly wants to improve and do the best he can for his patients. During the surgery, he used advanced methods and was thorough. I believe all of these contributed to a superior outcome. I still have some back and hip pain but it is less than before the surgery. I expect the pain will lessen as I continue to heal and do my physical therapy.
Paul S. – Jul 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Harris, MD?
I recently had hip labral tear arthroscopic surgery. I was very nervous about this procedure going in that morning. Dr. Harris and all the medical staff at Methodist were amazing. Dr. Harris made me feel so comfortable and he answered all my questions. The surgery went great! Minimal discomfort and the protocol Dr. Harris has in place is extremely well planned and specific. So thankful this doctor was recommended to me.
TX – Feb 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Harris, MD?
After a year and a half saga in which 3 other orthopedic/ sports medicine Drs. (And 2 MRI's) had misdiagnosed what was causing chronic pain in my left hamstring and glute a referral to Dr. Harris by one of his colleagues finally resulted in identifying the cause and a non surgical treatment which worked. Any endurance athlete will quickly feel comfortable with him. He is as intensely into it as you are, and is up to date in the latest state of the art diagnosis and treatments. Great resource.
Jeff in Houston, TX – Dec 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Harris, MD?
Daughter went to Dr. Harris with hip issues. She is a ballerina, trains 50 hrs/week. He is professional and extremely knowledgeable. Suggested MRI. Follow-up calls + emails w/ questions about MRI and PT not returned. After MRI, he did not return calls to discuss results/treatment. He updated the MRI results to indicate labral tears and never told us. We found out 4 months after the fact. UPDATE: After follow up visit, still feel confident in Dr. Harris' knowledge. Hope communication improves.
Nov 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Harris, MD?
My experience with Dr Harris is by far one of the best I’ve had. He is extremely knowledgeable regarding symptoms, procedure to resolve, an excellent surgeon and a caring doctor with fantastic “bedside personality”. I highly recommend him for the minimal -invasive surgery he specializes in.
Dawn C. in Spring, Tx – Jan 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Harris, MD?
I was extremely impressed with Dr. Harris and his staff. Everyone was professional and polite. Dr. Harris ordered knee x-rays and then reviewed MRI films, and then explained the diagnosis and prognosis. He offered several options starting with the most conservative. He explained things thoroughly and took time to answer my many questions. I highly recommend him.
Laura T. in Houston – Jan 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Harris, MD?
Dr. Harris quickly diagnosed the source of my pain and explained the details of the surgery needed to repair and correct it as well as the recovery and physical therapy timeline following the surgery. He and his staff are all energetic, friendly, helpful and positive. I am fortunate I found the right Dr. to help me.
Houston, TX – Aug 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Harris, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Harris to anyone experiencing joint pain . I have been a distance runner since I was sixteen , and for the last two years I have been in a lot of pain . with his patience and knowledge we went step by step . we tried the regular injections , then the PRP injections , finally it had to come to surgery. Through his skill as a surgeon I am now back on the roads pain free. Thank you Dr. Harris for everything you've done for me , words cant say enough , I am so very pleased .
Michael Henderson in 2110 rain lily ct. pearland tx – May 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Harris, MD?
Dr. Harris repaired my hip FAI/Labral tear. He and his staff Ann, and Lydia are true professionals. I would recommend his expertise with hip arthroscopic surgery.
Thomas K. in League City, TX – Dec 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Harris, MD?
The only reasons I can think of why Dr Harris misdiagnosed me and cause years of shoulder pain is that he was distracted by his team of interns that follow him in every apt, trying to fit me into his research for his white paper, or he is plain incompetent. After 4 shots that didn't work, MRI, over 6 months of PT for which he received a report every 30 days, I went back from my 4th visit to figure out why I was getting worse. He said, "you shouldn't be in PT yet." Wow, this guy shouldn't be DR
Jon C in Houston, TX – Oct 14, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Harris, MD?
Dr. Harris has now completed two arthroscopic surgeries on my hips- surgeries considered "impossible" by most surgeons. Had I gone with the first or second opinion I received I would have ended up with much more aggressive surgeries with longer recoveries. Dr Harris was able to do my surgeries with the scope and I'm eternally grateful. His office is easy to work with and he has terrific bedside manner. I'd recommend his team to anyone considering an arthroscopy
Heidi P in Houston, TX – Aug 10, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Harris, MD?
After being in pain with my hip for the last 7 months none of my doctors in my home town knew what was wrong with me and were treating me for something I didn't have, I got fed up with none of it working; I asked for a referral to see him...and I'm really glad I did. After having his staff take x-rays and he looked at them, he knew exactly what was wrong, how he was going to fix it and informed me what the issue was, how it developed and how rare this issue ended up being. Soon we will fix this
CJC in Huntsville, Texas – Aug 05, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Harris, MD?
Dr. Harris is an excellent physician. He is able to explain what is wrong is simple, easy to understand language.
Gloria R. in Houston, TX – Jul 25, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Harris, MD?
Dr Harris took time and explained my situation to me. He answered all my questions and made me feel good about the questions I asked. He was obviously very knowledgeable about the surgery I need. I researched thoroughly my hip problem and I'm convinced that Dr Harris is 100 percent right on the solution I need.
Wayne in Rosenberg, TX – Jul 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Harris, MD?
A true professional with a great bedside manner from start to finish.
Fred T in Houston, TX – Jun 25, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Harris, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Harris?

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Harris' experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Harris performs this procedure more than 95% of his peers

Bursitis

Dr. Harris treats Bursitis more than 83% of his peers

Dr. Harris treats this condition more than 83% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Elbow Bursitis

• Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Avascular Necrosis
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Excision of Scapula, Clavicle, Rib, or Sternum
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Sjögren's Syndrome
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Total Hip Replacement

Dr. Harris accepts

Dr. Harris accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Choice
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
Preferred PPO
Medicare
Special Needs Plan SNP

I treat patients how I would like to be treated. Every patient that comes to our office is there for a reason: pain, loss of function, inability to play...Read more

Dr. Joshua Harris is an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in sports medicine and arthroscopy. Dr. Harris obtained his undergraduate degree from Wright...Read more

• Orthopedic Sports Medicine