Dr. Joshua Feder, MD

Child & Adolescent PsychiatryMaleAge 60

Dr. Feder

Feder, Joshua D MD

415 N Highway 101 Ste E Solana Beach, CA 92075

Dr. Joshua Feder, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in Solana Beach, CA and has over 35 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Boston University School Of Medicine medical school in 1986. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Feder to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews
  • Friendly Staff
    Patients said the staff was friendly. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Feder's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Counseling Services
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Medication Management
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Outpatient Psychiatry
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychopharmacologic Treatment
  • Psychotherapy Services

Dr. Feder accepts

Dr. Feder's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Feder

4.2

Dr. Feder?
  • Office environment (11)
  • Appointment scheduling (10)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (10)
  • Appointment was rushed (3)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (3)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (3)
Dr. Feder has been helping our son for almost 6mos. We've been very fortunate to have been referred to him by a director of a special education school. Recently, Dr. Feder has been a great advocate for our son when a social worker didn't quite understand the severity of his symptoms. His advocacy led to an in-depth evaluation of my son at the hospital. Dr. Feder is sensitive to our son's situation along with the rest of our family. I've always been able to contact Dr. Feder if I have a pressing issue regarding my son. I truly can't get this kind of care anywhere else.
Lily P. – Jan 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Feder, MD?
$500+ per hour. Including anything done outside of appointments like paper C2 Rx and refuses to use online options provided by the state. My last 15 minute appointment cost over $300 and it was performed in the alley behind the office to insure his dog was not exposed to Covid— not joking. He insisted on an in-person so he could check my blood pressure then used a janky $30 automatic cuff which he recommended I get from amazon. It showed my bp was wildly elevated and instead of rechecking it manually, suggested bp medication. Lo and behold, the amazon reviews for his automatic cuff were replete with complaints of wildly inaccurate results skewing 30-40 points high. This was the straw that broke this camel’s back. After this, I quit using the drug he prescribed off label for anxiety and saw zero change; any effects were purely placebo. Bear in mind this was the final interaction I had with him, but quite representative of the relationship. I regret ever meeting him.
Aug 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Feder, MD?
Dr. Feder approaches each session with focus, curiosity, and warm professionalism. I've seen him for a few years as an adult with social anxiety and depression and have appreciated his ability to match medications to my needs, suggest options for regulating myself outside of our sessions, and explain concepts in accessible terms that I can use to reframe experiences. I also appreciate his willingness to draw images and diagrams on paper to help me connect with the topics that we are discussing. He takes a holistic approach and each session is an opportunity to revisit or revise the picture he has of the aspects of my life that are affecting my mental and physical health. His lack of ego coupled with his kind dedication has created a rapport in which I feel free to discuss thoughts and emotions that have been difficult to access and share in the past. He also has referred me to other medical and mental health professionals with whom I've been very happy.
Elaine – Feb 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Feder, MD?
Great Doctor. Kind and very transparent.
Feb 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Feder, MD?
Dr. Feder was very knowledgable, conscientious, kind, timely, and compassionate when working with our family.
Jen Dugas – Sep 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Feder, MD?
Dr. Feder is the most responsive doctor we have ever been treated by. He is thorough, careful, knowledgeable and caring. He is easy to reach and has gone out of his way several times over the past several months to help us through challenging moments with our son.
Aug 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Feder, MD?
I believe Dr. Feder is a skilled and thorough doctor and what means a lot is that he seems to genuinely care about his patient. He is not only a psychiatrist who prescribes medication after making a diagnosis (based on thorough evaluation and assessment) but he provides a wealth of resources and helps the patient to make goals in other areas of life so that the patient is encouraged to move forward. My son is benefiting in Dr Feder's care. My son's pediatrician and former psychiatrist recommended him highly and so even though it was expensive I gave my son that chance and booked an appointment. There are never guarantees. No doctor can know everything and never make errors, they are human after all. But Dr. Feder is both competent and caring and is worth the price to pay to be in his care. Thank you Dr. Feder!
mother of patient – Aug 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Feder, MD?
Very knowledgeable and good bedside manner.
Jul 09, 2019
He’s great
Apr 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Feder, MD?
My child was misdiagnosed by Dr. Feder and he put her on meds that actually increased her manic episodes. He diagnosed her with ADHD and she was actually bi-polar. She got angrier and more and more unstable. This was after spending thousands of dollars there and we weren't even any closer to getting my daughter to a stable place. We switched, got a correct diagnosis, she is stable and excelling.
Encinitas, CA – Sep 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Feder, MD?
I found Dr. Feder to be kind and caring. His expertise managing my medication has allowed me to live life.
Sue H. in San Diego, CA – Jan 28, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Feder, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Feder?

My work is divided into clinical care, training and teaching, research and technology development, consultation and advocacy here and abroad. My clinical...Read more

Dr. Joshua Feder is a child and family psychiatrist with an active clinical practice in Solana Beach, seeing infants through adults and their families...Read more

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry