Dr. Joshua Carter, MD

Dr. Joshua Carter, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  ·
Dr. Joshua Carter, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Indianapolis, IN. He graduated from University Of Kentucky and specializes in orthopedic surgery and hip & knee orthopedics.Read his story

6920 Gatwick Dr # 200

Indianapolis, IN 46241

• Buckeye Community Health Plan
  • Sagamore Health Network

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Indiana

Check Dr. Carter's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Carter's Top Procedures and Conditions

Hip Replacement

Dr. Carter performs Hip Replacement more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Carter performs this procedure more than 99% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Anterior Approach Total Hip Replacement

• Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture
  • Ankle Sprains and Strains
  • Broken Arm
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Excision of Femur or Knee
  • Excision of Tibia or Fibula
  • Femur Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Gout
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Systemic Chondromalacia
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures
  • Trigger Finger

We desire to "take the pain out of joint replacement for everyone involved." We believe that all patients deserve an incomparable level of skill, care, compassion, and respect.

• Hip & Knee Orthopedics

Dr. Carter?
Dr. Carter's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Joshua Carter, MD
RecentMost Helpful
I had been diagnosed with Arthritis & MS. Was told I would always be in this much pain. Got an appointment with Dr. Carter, I needed a hip replacement , this changed my life. No more pain, my life was given back to me... I was ready to give up & go to a wheelchair ,,, Dr. Carter,, well he’s a GREAT Dr. He also helped my 2 aunts to walk normal again!! I’d give him 20 stars if I could!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Carter, MD?
Dr. Carter performed my total hip replacement and after a month was almost completely back. I know everybody is different but the procedure was different than my 1st hip replacement and I was able to play golf after a month. I will not go anywhere else. This Center has all the best staff. Outstanding customer service for me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Carter, MD?
Dr. Carter is very caring and does not make you feel like a number. He wants to listen and is interested to what the patient has to say. This can be a very scary procedure when doing the research on the surgery. Dr. Carter puts you at ease and makes you feel relaxed before going into the surgery. He and his staff make you feel like you are his only patient and this helps you in your recovery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Carter, MD?
I am only 3 weeks out of surgery but I have really appreciated Dr Carter’s promptness to my questions and concerns
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Carter, MD?
I have had the best experience with Dr. Carter and the Midwest Center for Joint Replacement! I truly never imagined that I could regain my mobility and get my life back. I have missed so much with my family over the past five years dealing with pain. Just walking was a major struggle, and forget getting down on the floor to play with my grandchildren! Now I can once again participate in my life, and share moments with my babies. My experience was life changing and I am so grateful!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Carter, MD?
I couldn't be happier with the care I received from Dr. Carter and his office staff. Dr. Carter was informative and he takes the time to address any questions you might have. He even called the night before my surgery to see if I had any questions or concerns. That was a first. He does the anterior approach for hip replacements from which a faster recovery is possible. I have had 5 joint replacements and previously I had never had a surgeon like Dr. Carter. I would highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Carter, MD?
Dr Carter did a wonderful job with my hip surgery. Also very personable. In a month I was driving again. I have no limp at all. When it's time, he will definitely do my other hip. I even got a xray picture of my new hip! Amazing what can be done today.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Carter, MD?
My experience with Dr.Carter was amazing. He was the seventh ortho I had seen for my hip. I am young and have a high BMI. But, Dr.Carter took on my case anyway. Everyone in the office is very friendly, knowledgeable and wonderful to work with. I have told everyone I can to come to MCJR and see Dr Carter, Adam, Katie and the rest of the team. Truly, the treatment that my family and I have received there is certainly appreciated. I couldn’t say enough good things about them. God Bless
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Carter, MD?
Dr. Carter replaced my left hip on May 26, 2017 and I have had no problems with the procedure. If I were to have another hip replaced, Dr. Carter would be my surgeon. I highly recommend this physician.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Carter, MD?
At my first appointment in May 2017, Dr. Carter explained the procedure and recovery for total hip replacement surgery in terms that I could understand. I had the surgery two weeks later and it has been a life changing experience. The awful 24/7 pain that I had been suffering from for 3 years is gone and I feel much younger. I would encourage anyone who is suffering from hip pain to make an appointment with Dr. Carter today!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Carter, MD?
Thank you for giving me mobility! My surgery was in April. I had no post surgery pain. Dr. Carter is very easy to talk to and he listens. He made me feel as though I was the only patient in the office was in no hurry. Please allow Dr. Carter to change your life as he has changed mine. Thanks again
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Carter, MD?
I needed a complete left hip replacement. The pain was so bad that it effected everything that I did. Dr. Carter explained the procedure for the anterior approach and he clearly explained the anticipated recovery timeline. After surgery I had minimal pain to no pain and some mild discomfort from the surgery. I was driving two weeks post-surgery, back to work 4 weeks post-surgery with no hip or leg pain. I am grateful to Dr. Carter for helping me have an active life again.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Carter, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Carter through a friend that works in the medical industry. After meeting with Dr. Carter I cancelled my appointment to get a second opinion with another Doctor. The surgery went well and I can't say enough good things about the staff and Dr. Carter. I was especially happy that I didn't have this done in a hospital. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Carter! Great experience.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Carter, MD?
I had my hip replaced December 9, 2016. I can't believe how quickly I have healed! Dr Carter is wonderful! He is knowledgeable, kind, and caring! The entire staff is pleasant and helpful from the moment you walk through the door until you leave! Simply AMAZING! I highly recommend Dr. Carter. I can't say enough about the quality of care I received, if you are suffering and face limited mobility, go there ASAP! You will be glad you did! I almost forget that I had my hip replaced!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Carter, MD?
I would definitely recommend Dr. Joshua Carter to someone needing a hip replacement. He performs a type of surgery that requires less healing time for the patient, and that is a definite plus. Dr. Carter was very professional, knowledgeable and thorough when explaining what my hip replacement would involve. He has a very pleasant personality and that made me feel very comfortable when asking any questions. From my experience, I believe that Dr. Carter is an outstanding doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Carter, MD?
Dr. Carter and his staff are great!! When I woke up from my total hip replacement, my hip pain was gone! The recuperating process has gone extremely well. If I ever need another joint replacement, I will definitely go to Dr. Carter.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Carter, MD?
Very caring actually listens. Had hip put in thro the front of my thigh .ten days later satting at hospital with my mother in intense care .it does not hurt at all I can walk without a limp. I have two hips and one knee replaced
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Carter, MD?
i am a 63 y.o. active female who had an anterior hip replacement by dr. carter. it was my hope that this surgery would lessen my pain and allow me to resume the activities i enjoy. now 4 months later i am pain-free!!!The pain relief and the return to an active lifestyle for me is miraculous. if joint pain and mobility issues are becoming a problem for you, please consider dr carter and his staff in your search for answers. professional. skilled. compassionate. available. healing with excellence.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Carter, MD?
Dr. Carter has been so encouraging through the whole process of my hip replacement. He explained every aspect of the surgery, what to expect post surgery and was so interested about how I was doing at my follow up 3 months after surgery. He is kind and caring and always greets me with a smile. That was a big help for me as I had never had any kind of surgery before.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Carter, MD?
Wow!! I am 13 days out from second total hip replacement and could not be happier (walking without aid of cane or walker). What an amazing team and facility. Dr. Carter is a highly skilled genius who has surrounded himself with the friendliest profession staff. I am willing to share my experience with anyone considering hip or knee replacement with Dr. Carter. Email Dave @ teachers51@comcast.net. I like to think I went in expecting Mustang ball joints and came out with Lamborghini parts.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Carter?

Midwest Center for Joint Replacement

• Sat: closed

Insurance accepted

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Buckeye Community Health Plan
Medicare
Sagamore Health Network

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Carter treats patients.