Dr. Joshua Carter, MD

Dr. Joshua Carter, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Joshua Carter, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Indianapolis, IN. He is 34 years old.

6920 Gatwick Dr # 200

Indianapolis, IN 46241

• Buckeye Community Health Plan
  • Sagamore Health Network

Learn about Dr. Carter

See how frequently Dr. Carter performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Hip Replacement
Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
Osteoarthritis of Hip

Dr. Carter's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Carter "We desire to "take the pain out of joint replacement for everyone involved." We believe that all patients deserve an incomparable level of skill, care, compassion, and respect. "

• Orthopedic Hip Surgery

• Ataxia
  • Broken Arm
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Femur Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus

• Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Separated Femoral Epiphysis Treatment
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Synovial Biopsy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Indiana.

• University Of Kentucky
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • University Of Kentucky
    Medical School | Graduated
  • University Of Vermont / College Of Medicine
  • Orthocarolina Hip and Knee Reconstruction Fellowship
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Carter has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Carter does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Carter and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Carter's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Carter to family and friends
Dr. Carter's Performance
in Sullivan, IN |
My experience with Dr.Carter was amazing. He was the seventh ortho I had seen for my hip. I am young and have a high BMI. But, Dr.Carter took on my case anyway. Everyone in the office is very friendly, knowledgeable and wonderful to work with. I have told everyone I can to come to MCJR and see Dr Carter, Adam, Katie and the rest of the team. Truly, the treatment that my family and I have received there is certainly appreciated. I couldn’t say enough good things about them. God Bless
in Evansville, IN |
Dr. Carter replaced my left hip on May 26, 2017 and I have had no problems with the procedure. If I were to have another hip replaced, Dr. Carter would be my surgeon. I highly recommend this physician.
in Saint Paul, IN |
At my first appointment in May 2017, Dr. Carter explained the procedure and recovery for total hip replacement surgery in terms that I could understand. I had the surgery two weeks later and it has been a life changing experience. The awful 24/7 pain that I had been suffering from for 3 years is gone and I feel much younger. I would encourage anyone who is suffering from hip pain to make an appointment with Dr. Carter today!
in Indianapolis, IN |
Thank you for giving me mobility! My surgery was in April. I had no post surgery pain. Dr. Carter is very easy to talk to and he listens. He made me feel as though I was the only patient in the office was in no hurry. Please allow Dr. Carter to change your life as he has changed mine. Thanks again
in Indianapolis, IN |
I needed a complete left hip replacement. The pain was so bad that it effected everything that I did. Dr. Carter explained the procedure for the anterior approach and he clearly explained the anticipated recovery timeline. After surgery I had minimal pain to no pain and some mild discomfort from the surgery. I was driving two weeks post-surgery, back to work 4 weeks post-surgery with no hip or leg pain. I am grateful to Dr. Carter for helping me have an active life again.
in Westfield, IN |
I was referred to Dr. Carter through a friend that works in the medical industry. After meeting with Dr. Carter I cancelled my appointment to get a second opinion with another Doctor. The surgery went well and I can't say enough good things about the staff and Dr. Carter. I was especially happy that I didn't have this done in a hospital. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Carter! Great experience.
in Salem, IN |
I had my hip replaced December 9, 2016. I can't believe how quickly I have healed! Dr Carter is wonderful! He is knowledgeable, kind, and caring! The entire staff is pleasant and helpful from the moment you walk through the door until you leave! Simply AMAZING! I highly recommend Dr. Carter. I can't say enough about the quality of care I received, if you are suffering and face limited mobility, go there ASAP! You will be glad you did! I almost forget that I had my hip replaced!
in Greenwood, IN |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Joshua Carter to someone needing a hip replacement. He performs a type of surgery that requires less healing time for the patient, and that is a definite plus. Dr. Carter was very professional, knowledgeable and thorough when explaining what my hip replacement would involve. He has a very pleasant personality and that made me feel very comfortable when asking any questions. From my experience, I believe that Dr. Carter is an outstanding doctor.
in LYONS |
Dr. Carter and his staff are great!! When I woke up from my total hip replacement, my hip pain was gone! The recuperating process has gone extremely well. If I ever need another joint replacement, I will definitely go to Dr. Carter.
in Newberry in |
Very caring actually listens. Had hip put in thro the front of my thigh .ten days later satting at hospital with my mother in intense care .it does not hurt at all I can walk without a limp. I have two hips and one knee replaced
Winamac, IN |
i am a 63 y.o. active female who had an anterior hip replacement by dr. carter. it was my hope that this surgery would lessen my pain and allow me to resume the activities i enjoy. now 4 months later i am pain-free!!!The pain relief and the return to an active lifestyle for me is miraculous. if joint pain and mobility issues are becoming a problem for you, please consider dr carter and his staff in your search for answers. professional. skilled. compassionate. available. healing with excellence.
in Indianapolis, IN |
Dr. Carter has been so encouraging through the whole process of my hip replacement. He explained every aspect of the surgery, what to expect post surgery and was so interested about how I was doing at my follow up 3 months after surgery. He is kind and caring and always greets me with a smile. That was a big help for me as I had never had any kind of surgery before.
in Columbus, IN |
Wow!! I am 13 days out from second total hip replacement and could not be happier (walking without aid of cane or walker). What an amazing team and facility. Dr. Carter is a highly skilled genius who has surrounded himself with the friendliest profession staff. I am willing to share my experience with anyone considering hip or knee replacement with Dr. Carter. Email Dave @ teachers51@comcast.net. I like to think I went in expecting Mustang ball joints and came out with Lamborghini parts.
in Crawfordsville, IN |
The entire experience from first visit to surgery, to visit after surgery has been smooth, with no complications. Dr. Carter is warm, caring, efficient and took time to explain, address questions and concerns. I would highly recommend Dr. Joshua Carter!
in Mooresville, IN |
Dr. Carter was such a blessing to me. He just happened to be at the hospital when I came into the er with a shattered patella. He spent a lot of time with me and my family explaining the injury and the surgery. And every follow up visit he was so warm and encouraging. I actually considered breaking my other knee cap with a hammer just so I could experience such wonderful service all over again. Seriously though he is great and the entire team at Midwest Center for Joint Replacement were fabulous
in Hope, IN |
Dr. Carter recommended that I should have the anterior hip replacement method after I had completed lamdectomy back surgery 6 weeks prior. I was able to go home about 7 hours after surgery. Dr. Carter was available for an urgent question on day 1 in which he calmed our concerns and gave us his cell number for any follow up questions. On day 7 I was able to shed the walker and get around with just a cane. I had my surgery follow up on day 11 and went back to work on day 12. Everything is great!
in Elkhart IN |
very knowledgeable and up-front with patient; extremely friendly and forthcoming answered all questions to my satisfaction. highly recommended
Columbus, IN |
He was great. I'd recommend him to all people who needs the surgery.
in Bloomington, IN |
Dr.Carter, performed a left-hip anterior replacement on me. Joint replacement should be considered thoughtfully and carefully. Research led me to Midwest Center and Dr.Carter, a very caring individual; an excellent attentive Surgeon who has an open door for your questions, and then personally answers them with great care and detail. Dr Carter phoned to check on me the night before surgery, which gave me great peace of mind. I truly appreciate Dr. Carter and his staff. What a blessing!
in Indianapolis Indiana |
He made me quit smoking I don't think he thought he would see me again but I was determined and wanted that new hip he was great and I would send everyone to him and I'll go back when the other hip gives out love him
in Indianapolis, IN |
My experience with Dr. Carter was exceptional. He was enthusiastic about his procedure and explained thoroughly every step. All my questions were answered and I never felt what I was asking was unimportant. He was always very encouraging but always made clear the process for complete recovery was not quick. I would recommend Dr. Carter to family and friends with complete confidence.
in Greencastle, IN |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Carter. He was so kind to call me the night before my surgery to explain what was going to happen the next day and to reassure me that I was going to be ok. The surgery went well and he went above and beyond to make sure that I talked to someone about my bone health at my follow up. He is very kind and has a great bedside manner.
in Bloomington, IN |
Friendly and informative about the surgical procedure. Excellent written information to take home and study.
in Brazil, Indiana |
The experience was all positive. The recovery surprised family, friends and physical therapist. After the first few days I needed NO assistance with a cane and soon I wasn't even aware that before the operation I had pain with each step. I just gained my previous life without pain. I don't see how the operation could have been better. Thanks Doctor Josh Carter
in Avon, Indiana |
He is never in a hurry to move on to the next patient, but is willing to answer all your questions. He is a Christian which was wonderful for me. He called me the night before my surgery to see if there were any questions that I needed answered before the surgery. He prayed for himself, the surgery, my husband and myself the morning of my surgery. He checked in on me in recovery to see if I was in pain, and he called the next day to see how I was doing. This was a refreshing experience.
in Mooresville, IN |
When I first saw him I've already had my left hip fused for 35 years and since I work construction sooner or later the right hip would go bad.He explained the new type of approach he would be using and the quick recovery. Within 5 days after the operation I was walking with a cane and no pain. I am back to work now and climbing ladders and walking roofs again. Thank you Doc Carter for keeping me off disability.!
in Indianapolis, IN |
The patient care I received at MCJR is exemplary. Dr. Carter and his staff treated me like they work for me, and not like they were doing me a favor. There professionalism is outstanding and resides under a canopy of care, and concern for the patients well being, comfort and understanding of the forecoming procedure. This quality care performance continues even through post-surgery and onto recovery at home with easy to follow instructions. You're in great hands with this TEAM. Excellent job :-)
in Brownstown, IN |
I had a previous hip impingement surgery & labral tear repair done just a few months prior by another surgeon. It went terribly wrong and I could hardly walk with a cane or crutches 10 weeks later. I came to Dr Carter, who said at that point I needed a replacement. He did the newer approach from the front so I had a better & faster recovery. By week 4 I was back to work. Today is week 7, and I feel better than I have in years! I feel 20 years younger! Thank you Dr. Carter! I'm active again!
Have you seen Dr. Joshua Carter, MD?
Are you Dr. Carter?