Dr. Joshua Alpert, MD

Sports Medicine | Male

Dr. Joshua Alpert, MD

Dr. Joshua Alpert, MD is a sports medicine doctor who practices in Elgin, IL. He is 42 years old and has been practicing for 15 years. Dr. Alpert is affiliated with Presence Saint Joseph Hospital - Elgin, Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital, St. Alexius Medical Center, Advocate Sherman Hospital and Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital.

...See Less

Dr. Alpert's Care Philosophy

Dr. Alpert completed his residency at Rush University Medical Center and a fellowship in Orthopedic Sports Medicine at Massachusetts General/Harvard. During fellowship, he served as a team physician for the New England Patriots, Boston Red Sox and the Boston Bruins. His special interest is in treating sports injuries via arthroscopy of the shoulder, wrist, hip, knee, and ankle.

Dr. Alpert's Experience

See how Dr. Alpert's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Alpert

Dr. Alpert accepts 31 insurance carriers

Dr. Alpert is now accepting new patients
Primary Office1710 N Randall Rd Ste 140
Elgin, IL 60123
(224) 293-1170Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 5 hospitals where Dr. Alpert has admitting privileges.

Dr. Alpert's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Alpert to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Alpert's Performance
in Elgin, IL |
Dr Alpert is a great doctor! Very amiable personality and great with following up with his patients. I would highly recommend him.
in Elgin, IL |
Dr. Albert did a remarkable job of repairing my quad tears. Due to my size, this surgery was more of a challenge, but Dr. Alpert's expertise came through with flying colors. I just started out- patient PT. Several therapists mentioned how much they respect Dr. Albert and his skil as a surgeon. I highly recommend this Dr/surgeon!
Both my son and I have been treated by Dr Alpert and are very satisfied! My son had a torn ACL that has healed perfectly and I am at the end of a rotator cuff repair and couldn't be happier with care from Dr Alpert and staff! I would highly recommend him!
in Bartlett |
Dr. Alpert was an excellent choice for surgery. The surgery he performed was perfect and I healed faster than anticipated. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
in Sycamore, IL |
Dr. Alpert and Adrian were awesome! They were quick and efficient in their work allowing me to recover in only four short months with no complications from surgery. So thankful to have been seen by such a wonderful team.
Glen Ellyn, IL |
Dr Alpert was very professional and kind. He took time to explain my daughter's injury and different surgery options. After her surgery, he was available anytime to answer questions via email. We emailed him on a Sunday afternoon with a post-op question and he replied quickly. His PA is also wonderful. I would recommend him.
Elgin, IL |
Dr. Alpert is a good doctor of explain the findings when there is a problem. When you have x-rays and MRI's and nothing shows but inflammation I would like Dr. Alpert to believe his patience a little more when he is being told that something is truly wrong with the patient. Otherwise Dr. Alpert is a friendly and outstanding doctor.
Algonquin, IL |
I had a slight rotator cuff tear and Dr. Alpert recommended a cortisone shot and physical therapy. So far, so good. I'm 95% better than when I first walked in his office. His staff is great and so is ATI Physical Therapy.
in South Elgin, IL |
Dr Alpert did a fantastic job of Revese Replacement of my shoulder. I am pain free and after physical therapy rehab am even better than before surgery. He was pleased that I exceeded expectations for my range of motion. If you are facing this procedure I would highly recommend Dr. Joshua Alpert.
in Dundee, IL |
Dr. Alpert was recommended by my general doctor to review a shoulder injury. I met with Dr. Alpert and he determined I had a left torn rotator cuff. He went through the procedure and rehab time. I decided to have him do the procedure. A few weeks after surgery he got me in touch with ATI in Carpentersville and they worked with me three days a week strengthing my shoulder. I did a total of 4 months of rehab. I would recommend Dr. Alpert and ATI to anyone who needs surgery for a torn rotator cuff.
in Algonquin, IL |
After enduring pain in my right shoulder for far too long, my doctor recommended I see Dr. Alpert. It was decided rotator cuff surgery was the way to go and I am very grateful to Dr. Alpert and his team for the great care I received during and after my surgery. Appointments were always on time which was very much appreciated. I am back bowling and golfing without the pain I endured prior to surgery. Should anything ever happen to my other shoulder, Dr. Alpert will be the last one I call.
in Hampshire il |
I injured my elbow in June of 2016. Needing help with the pain and discomfort, I found Dr. Alpert at Illinois Bone and Joint. Dr. Alpert was beyond helpful with the healing of my left elbow. I would highly recommend seeing Dr. Alpert.
in South Elgin, IL |
I was referred to Doctor Alpert by my doctor. The first time I met him I liked him. He quickly and accurately diagnosed my rotator cuff shoulder injury. He assured me he could fix it and outlined the steps I would need to take to get back to normal. His confidence level was so high it was contagious! I am happy to report that today I enjoy total range of movement without pain. Thanks Doctor Alpert!
in Elgin, IL |
Would recommend him to anyone. In fact, I already have. Very good experience all things considered. Would like to see pricing come down. But this is the norm I guess in this field now.
Glenview, Il |
Dr. Alpert took excellent care of me through all the phases of my ACL injury. Post diagnosis he walked me through all my options and helped me choose the option most suitable for me. My surgery went extremely smoothly and my recovery progressed almost exactly along the timetable that he projected for me. During all subsequent post op appointments Dr. Alpert's bedside manner was perfect. He was always very receptive to all my questions/concerns. I would 100% refer anyone with a knee injury.
in St Charles, IL |
Dr. Alpert did a fantastic job with my shoulder surgery. I am progressing ahead of schedule and my shoulder is significantly better than it was before the surgery already! I attribute this to the expertise of Dr. Alpert and his staff; they really did a great job. Thank you very much!
in HAMPSHIRE |
DR ALPERT IS ONE OF THE FEW SURGEONS LEFT OF HIS KIND. IF I COULD GIVE HIM MORE THAN AN A+ GRADE I WOULD. DR ALPERT REPAIRED MY PCL 5 YEARS AGO AND HAS BEEN IN MY CORNER EVER SINCE. HE EXPLORES EVERY OPTION POSSIBLE TO ENSURE HIS PATIENTS ARE IN THE BEST STATE THEY CAN BE; HE TRULY CARES ABOUT THEM, GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND. LOOK NO FURTHER FOR AN ORTHOPEDIC SURGEON IF YOU'VE FOUND DR. ALPERT. HE'S EASY TO GET A HOLD OF IF A PROBLEM SHOULD ARISE, AND SOLVES THEM.
in Highland Park, IL |
My experience with Dr. Alpert was first class all the way. Dr. Alpert was able to zero in on my problem immediately and assist me all the way through rehab and eventual recovery. He went above and beyond to make himself available to answer even the most basic questions and always responded to my numerous questions in a very timely manner. My in-office visits were a pleasure as Dr. Alpert took the time to listen and understand my issues and develop a strategy for my pain and recuperation.
in Carpentersville, IL |
Had a very tough surgery repairing my chest. I healed way ahead of schedule due to Dr. Alperts ability to reattach the tendon cleanly and evenly. Couldn't be happier with the results. Highly recommend him for any orthopedic related problems you have
in Hawthorn Woods, IL |
Dr Alpert is very approachable and knowledgeable. His office staff are efficient and friendly. He has several office sites so it is convenient to be seen. I had surgery and everything was handled by his assistant, Jessica. I was back to work in 5 days and had a great result. Highly recommend Dr Alpert.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Alpert is amazing. I came in with some serious back issues and I was in a lot of pain. He did not keep me waiting, listened to everything I had to say and figured out pretty quickly what was wrong with me. He immediately got me in the MRI machine and I was diagnosed. We went over my options which he made very clear. He with out a doubt knows his profession as after a couple months I was good as new all thanks to him. If I need a orthopedic again I will for sure see Dr. Alpert
Wonderful!!
in Chicago, IL |
As an emergency physician I have particularly good insight into the competency and professionalism of other physicians and specialty providers. Dr. Alpert and his office are responsive, professional, and show great care towards their patients. As a fellowship trained sports orthopedic MD I feel confident and comfortable with Dr. Alpert's skill set in getting me back on the field as soon as possible. I would highly recommend him - unfortunately I wish he had offices closer to downtown.
Chicago, IL |
Great experience. Had a cortisone shot for shoulder pain and I am pain free for 3 months now. I couldn't be happier!
in Deerfield, IL |
Dr. Alpert was tremendous in treating a torn lateral meniscus in my left knee. First, he helped me to understand the nature of my injury and my options for recovery. When we decided on surgery, Dr. Alpert communicated with me regularly regarding the procedure, and performed a flawless surgery. My knee had been in pain for a long time and has been pain free since I had the surgery done. From both a personal and professional perspective, I offer the strongest possible recommendation of Dr. Alpert.
in Algonquin, IL |
Dr. Alpert was recommended by my general practione to care for my infected bursa. He had to open my knee to clear the infection. I am pleased with the way e and his staff took care of me.
in Elgin, IL |
I went to Dr. Alpert for extreme pain in my right knee. I don't believe he even looked closely at my xrays & I know he did not look at the medical chart I filled out. When the doctor came in the exam room he had a rep from ATI Physical Therapy with him. I didn't appreciate that. He said I have arthritis in my knee & I should have physical therapy & that he would prescribe some meds. When the doctor found out I have an HMO he rushed out of the exam room. He prescribed duplicate drugs, which are c
in Dundee, IL |
Dr. Alpert barely took the time to look at my sprained and quite painful ankle, and before I could ask him any questions he had already run out the door. He literally examined my ankle for under 30 seconds before giving me a diagnosis and leaving. I know that YOU don't care about my ankle, Dr. Alpert, but I do. And since I'm your customer that should matter to you.
in Carpentersville IL |
I liked Dr Alpert from the first appointment. He is professional and caring with his patients. He did surgery on my shoulder and also fixed my torn miniscus in my knee. I feel great ! I would recommend him and the excellent staff !!
in Huntley, IL |
Dr. Alpert has helped me with left knee pain. He suggested the Orthovisc injections and they are working in my knee. It was a series of three injections. Dr. Alpert's office staff is friendly and helpful. They work hard to verify insurance and to accommodate my work schedule for appointments
Algonquin, IL |
I would highly recommend Dr. Alpert, he explains things to his patients so that they understand what the procedure entails, as well as your recovery time. He also is compassionate about the needs of his patients and takes the time to not only answer your questions, but ask you if you have any questions he can answer.
in Lake in the Hills, IL |
Had a shoulder injury from a severe fall and was unable to move left arm for weeks. When I finally saw Dr. Alpert, he didn't even want to do any imaging, just send me straight to PT. He then did an MRI and said I only needed PT. A year and a new Dr. later I am getting ready for more imaging and probably surgery that I should have had a year ago. Thanks for brushing me off. Really improved my life.
in Elgin, IL |
Dr. Alpert is very nice and professional. He gives several treatment options and I trusted his expertise. He really cares about helping his patients heal He is an excellent surgeon!
in Huntley, IL |
He did a great job in fixing my son's broken kneecap and an even better job in the follow ups to his recovery.
Awsome guy, fixed a 20 year old snowboarding injury! Now I feel great have way better mobility in my shoulder than ever before. Highly recommended!!!
in Elgin, IL |
This highly skilled surgeon has my vote for the go to guy if you face an orthipedic crises. My first encounter with him was for a severely fractured ankle which he rebuilt and I saw him today for a final appointment after he did extensive arthroscopic repair on my dominate arm shoulder. I do five miles a day and the ankle is fully functional and pain free. My frozen shoulder is now pain free and fully functional. I highly recommend Dr. Alpert, an outstanding gentleman and fabulous mechanic!
in South Elgin, IL |
I am in the operating room on a daily basis for work and have viewed many surgical procedures in the area performed by numerous surgeons. When it was time for me to get my own shoulder repaired, I went to Dr. Alpert. I was dealing with instability issues in my shoulder and it was progressively getting worse. Dr. Alpert was very understanding about my desire to get back to playing sports and lifting weights without pain. I'm very happy with the results from my surgical procedure.
Dr Alpert is a hands on surgeon who is accessible. He is very talented at what he does.
in Glenview, IL |
Dr. Alpert is amazing. His attention to detail and ability to walk you through the steps all the way through surgery are extremely professional. I felt better then ever after my surgery and recovery were complete. My surgery day experience was efficient and again handled in a very professional manner. I highly recommend Dr. Alpert. He is a true pro.
in Chicago, IL |
Great experience, Dr. Alpert reattached my bicep muscle and in just a few months I was able to get back to the gym. His office staff was very accommodating and there wasn't a lot of waiting around. It has been over a year since the surgery and there is absolutely no discomfort, arm feels as good as new.
Have you seen Dr. Joshua Alpert, MD?
Are you Dr. Alpert?

Compare Dr. Alpert

Dr. Alpert's Care Philosophy

Dr. Alpert's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Sports Medicine
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. Alpert's Board Certifications

• Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Meniscus Tear
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Shoulder Sprain
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Tendon Injuries
  • Tendonitis
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture

Massachusetts General Hospital

Completed in 2008

University Of Illinois

Graduated in 1997

Dr. Alpert does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Alpert and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Sports Medicine

• Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment