Dr. Joshua Abrams, DO

Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery •  Male • Age 42

Dr. Abrams

Desert Institute for Spine Care PC

1635 E Myrtle Ave Phoenix, AZ 85020

Dr. Joshua Abrams, DO is a Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery Specialist in Phoenix, AZ. Dr. Abrams has more experience with Spine than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Abrazo Arrowhead Campus and Banner Boswell Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Abrams to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery Specialists in your area

See similar Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery Specialists in Phoenix

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Joint Replacement Excellence Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Abrams accepts

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Spine

Spine specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the bones of the spine, including degenerative spine disease, herniated discs, stenosis, and fractured vertebrae, with treatments including medication, physical therapy, and surgery.Compare with other Spine specialists.

Typically treats 81% more than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 24 conditions and procedures

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency
Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Abrams treats Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 97% of their peers

Dr. Abrams treats this condition more than 97% of their peers

• Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Hammer Toe
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Dr. Abrams' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Abrams

Dr. Abrams?
  • Explained conditions well (39)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (39)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (38)
  • Long wait times (21)
  • Appointment was rushed (3)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (3)
I had sciatica for three years, it was so bad, I really didn’t think I would make it, I was in so much pain. I had the shots. they quit working. I was afraid of back surgery. I heard about Dr. Joshua Abrams from friends. I had to do something quickly, I was so miserable, I went to see Dr. Abrams., I was so impressed with him. I found besides sciatica, my right knee was replaced 4 times, causing a limp. my spine had turned. Through surgery he fixed my sciatica. He straightened my spine and put a titanium disc. Cleaned up arthritis and bone spurs. Immediately after surgery I had no sciatica pain. I got up for the restroom and walked around the building inside. My third day at home friends came over and were shocked how much better I looked and moved. It was immediate the pain was gone from sciatica. Now I have recovery for a few months to make sure I don’t hurt my back well the back spine heals. I am so thankful I went. I had no Expectations, so quickly. I will be forever grateful
Kathleen Effinger – Aug 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Abrams, DO?
All went well. I'm starting to feel better.
viola miller – Aug 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Abrams, DO?
I have had chronic spinal pain for many years and had been at my whits end with how to get treated. I had suffered a herniated disc from an athletic injury years prior and was finding myself leaning on self medication and physical therapy. Nothing seemed to alleviate the pain to anywhere near satisfactory. I had visited a neurosurgeon and gotten another opinion but going down this road was not my instinct. A doctor friend recommended Dr. Abrams. I was scared. I took the consultation. I was immediately put at ease by Dr. Abrams sensitivity, knowledge and professionalism. He took care of me. After a few weeks of recovery, I am pain free. My quality of life has vastly improved. This is why we put our trust in good doctors. I couldn’t recommend Dr. Abrams enough.
Jacob Everest – Aug 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Abrams, DO?
Dr. Abrams is amazing. I took my diabetic 84 year old dad to him after seeing his local doctor treat him with a slew of pain meds. So much meds that my dad fell down from the effects and had to be taken to the hospital in an ambulance. We dealt with this for 3 months and honestly thought he was going to die from the pain in his leg. After talking with another doctor who strongly recommended seeing a back doctor, we found out that his problem was not from his leg but his L4 and L5 disc in his back. We drove to Phoenix and met with Dr. Abrams and within 30 days had out patient surgery and drove three hours home with my dad the next day. The miracle was that my dad went into the hospital the day of the surgery using a walker and came out not needing it. Two weeks after his procedure, he's walking his dog and enjoying a pain free life with no pain meds. Please be an advocate for your older parents. I'm glad I was and I'm very thankful for the talented Dr. Abrams.
  • Long wait times
Karen B – Jul 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Abrams, DO?
He was on time. He explained things well. Didnt recommend unnecessary procedures.
Jul 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Abrams, DO?
I had spine surgery from Dr. Abrams in late March, 2020. The followup xrays, before and after, were impressive. I'm six weeks+ out from surgery with full mobility and looking forward to PT. Dr. Abrams was personable, friendly, competent, professional, and obviously skilled. While I don't plan on any further surgery, I heartily recommend Dr. Abrams! The spine "fix" is good!!
Don – May 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Abrams, DO?
I not only got a highly skilled surgeon, I got a kind and attentive doctor. I feel great. Thanks Dr. Abrams for all you have done for me.
Suzanne Forward – May 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Abrams, DO?
He did a very good job on my back, would highly recommend. Doctor Abrams is a people person and his staff is the same.
Wilbur Bradbury – May 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Abrams, DO?
Was referred to Dr. Abrams at Desert Institute For Spine Care, by a pain management doctor. Was having problems with L3, L4, and L5. In 2015 L4, L5 was fused and Colflex Spring installed between L3-L4, all done by another surgeon here in Phoenix. Dr. Abrams had to do corrective surgery to, basically, correct the work previously done. That was in February 2019. In December of 2019 and January 2020 I was able to return to running and ran 2 races, finishing in the top 30% of each. Not bad considering I am 69. I would never consider going anywhere else for back issues and wish I had gone there in 2015! Friendly and knowledgeable staff, minimal wait times, and great scheduler.
Ken Vayda – Feb 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Abrams, DO?
Dr. Abrams is phenomenal. He took care of my fiance and her neck injury with professionalism, compassion and integrity. I think the term "Top-Notch" is an understatement. Dr. Abrams and his team are above the rest. They need to be recognized above all others.
Jan 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Abrams, DO?
This doctor saved my life. Not even over-exaggerating. I could not sit or lie down for almost 3 weeks. I kneeled to eat and sleep and stood up for everything else. I saw him for the very first time on April 30, 2019 and by the end of day May 1, I was 95% pain free (because there's always residual pain that takes a few day to dissipate). Of course, surgery was the only thing to fix it but he did and I got my life back.
Robin L. – Jan 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Abrams, DO?
Anybody that can tie their own bow tie is okay with me. Dr. Abrams did a 'bang up job' fixing my pinched nerve problem. The whole episode was 'seamless' and over before I knew it. Great Patient Presence and his personality just makes you feel trust. Office staff great all around folks. All very efficient and pleasant personalities. Just a really good job, period. Thanks Dr. Abram for taking care of business. I really appreciate you. jm
Jerry Medearis 1931 – Oct 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Abrams, DO?
Dr. Abrams I saw because I could not stand up straight, I was in so much pain I could barely standup period. Dr. Abrams had done surgery on my brother in law so he sent me to Dr. Abrams. I am so glad I listened to him, Dr. Abrams took x-rays and explained just what was causing my pain, There was no cushion between 2 of my discs, I also had a herniated disc. W e scheduled surgery, June 29, 2018, my last visit with Dr. Abrams was today. I cannot say enough about the care I received with Dr. Abrams and the staff at DISC, I will be forever to Dr. Abrams!
  • Long wait times
Jan W – Jul 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Abrams, DO?
I wish I could say the same about dr.abrams, but my fusion has been nothing but a nightmare, he told me that I would be 95% back to normal it turned out that now I'm on disability because of the surgery, the spinal surgery I had is crushing my nerves that there is no solution for me to fix.
May 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Abrams, DO?
My husband was going to a doctor in Scottsdale who kept putting needles in his back to discover the origin of his back problem. Finally, my husband heard about the Desert Institute for Spine Care from a neighbor. He got in for an appointment immediately and when Dr. Abrams review his tests he immediately knew where the problem was. After the surgery, my husband felt better than he had in years. Thank you Dr. Abrams...he has his life back.
Mar 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Abrams, DO?
I was a patient of Dr Abrams at the CORE. He did 3 of my back surgeries. My last surgery was due to a spinal cord injury and I'm now able to walk again. He is a very caring and compassionate man and to him, you come first.
Mar 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Abrams, DO?
I cannot think of enough superlatives to use regarding Dr. Abrams and the care I received from him and his staff. He is obviously very talented and made my life so much better. He is a very friendly, knowledgeable and honest physician who answers questions in a way that patients understand. His minimalist approach to my lumbar surgery was so appreciated and successful. I have already recommended him to 3 friends, one of whom has had Dr. Abrams do her surgery with outstanding results as well.
Sue R. in Peoria, AZ – Jan 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Abrams, DO?
Dr. Abrams is professional, caring, and a master at what he does. I'd recommend him to anyone with back problems. His evaluations are always meaningful. He seems to always guide you to the right step! Awesome!
AZ – Dec 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Abrams, DO?
Dr. Abrams is an amazing Dr and more importantly, an amazing person. He was easy to talk to and always had time to answer any questions we had. I had 3 levels ACDF, my procedure went amazingly well and I am back to me usual self. In fact, 3 months post-op I completed the Rugged Maniac. 10/10 would use him again!
Wayne D. in Goodyear, AZ – Nov 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Abrams, DO?
Went to Dr. Abrams for a second opinion for a invasive spine surgery with stints. Dr. Abrams recommended a less invasive outpatient procedure and I am so happy that I went that route. 2 weeks since the surgery on L4/5, L5/S1 and I no longer have pains down my leg when standing or walking for longer than 10 minutes. No pain to speak of after procedure. Very pleased with the care from Dr. Abrams and Desert Institute of Spine Care.
Jan Trella in AZ – Nov 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joshua Abrams, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. Abrams?

The art of medicine is first and foremost about establishing a relationship with patients. Dr. Abrams looks to treat each patient as he would his own family members. His goal is to educate patients so they can make informed decisions about their life and their spine care.

• Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery