Dr. Josephine McAllister, MD

Dermatology ·  Female · Age 41

Dr. McAllister

Dr. Josephine McAllister, MD is a dermatologist in Ithaca, NY and has been practicing for 10 years. She graduated from Stanford Univ Sch Of Med in 2005 and specializes in dermatology.

Make an appointment

Dr. McAllister accepts

Dr. McAllister accepts the following insurance:

CoreSource

• Acne Surgery
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Adjacent Tissue Transfer
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Lyme Disease
  • Melanoma
  • Merkel Cell Carcinoma
  • Mole Removal
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Tinea Versicolor
  • Varicose Veins
  • Wart Removal
  • Warts

At Dermatology Associates of Ithaca, we use a team-based approach to detect and treat problematic skin conditions.  As we often say, four eyes are better than two!  Utilizing the talents of multiple people who are specialized in different a...

• Dermatology

40.35087719298246%

Dr. McAllister?
Dr. McAllister's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Josephine McAllister, MD
Had three appts at Cortland never saw Dr. PA does all work. You go to specialist to see specialist! Did shave biopsy on spot size of pencil erasure. Precancerous- freeze area- swells up size of pea. Return want to do another shave biopsy. Should have done excision at this point to remove. Should have walked then. Gouged out area size of dime full skin deep. Margins still not clear. Wanted to do 4 mm punch biopsy. this would not have covered original area. Went to CMA dermatology for real Dr.
We are sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Josephine McAllister, MD?
Josephine went above and beyond in taking care of my son Alex. He was hospitalized and she was very thorough and attentive in her treatment. She was extremely caring. Mark from her practice was also extremely diligent in his initial diagnosis of the issue. We had an excellent experience with this practice group.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Josephine McAllister, MD?
My teenage daughter & I have been patients of Dr. McAllister's for several years now. As a registered nurse, I value Dr. McAllister's expertise & the thoroughness of her exam. Dr. McAllister & her team believe in empowering their patients by helping them understand how they can best care for their skin while explaining any necessary procedures and abnormal findings. Her office & staff are very professional, efficient & kind. Dr. McAllister has gained my trust & respect!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Josephine McAllister, MD?
Reception very helpful and responsive to difficult scheduling. Careful assessmentbiopsy/pathology appropriate to concerns. Never feel practice dismisses potential concerns. Highly recommend this practice.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Josephine McAllister, MD?
Drove from Bing to see Dr. McAllister & staff. Everyone's super friendly, confident & competent. Not sure why folks are complaining about Dr. A--when you see a specialist, PAs are the main point of care & contact w/the doctor overseeing every patient's care. She spent more than 10 minutes w/ me speaking about my concerns & explained everything thoroughly & respectfully. I see dozens of specialists a year for an unrelated health issue & Dr. A & her staff are by far the best; quick scheduling too
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Josephine McAllister, MD?
While at Dr McAllisters office I was pleasantly surprised with the staff, they are both friendly and helpful. The appointment times are on time and very thorough. My 3 page hand out was full of information about my visit: things to watch and further skin care recommendations. While I was in my appointment Dr McAllister stepped into the room and asked about my children and reminded me the importance of not only protecting myself from the sun but my children also. I'm very happy with my experience
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Josephine McAllister, MD?
When scheduling an appointment be sure to ask if you will actually see the doctor. I naively assumed, as a returning patient with a history of pre-cancerous moles, that when I made an appointment at my family doctor's urging that I would be examined by Dr. McAllister herself. Instead, physician's assistant removed 2 moles for biopsy (total charge $1,100 including lab fees), and I never saw the doctor. In and out in 20 minutes , but I don't have a lot of confidence in the thoroughness of my exam.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Josephine McAllister, MD?
Cannot stress enough how hard you should strive to avoid this practice and this doctor. One of the worst I've ever been to. She spends about 35 seconds with her patients and has her assistants do most of her work. She treated me very rudely and its clear she's just in it for the money. Stay away!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Josephine McAllister, MD?
Dr. McAllister runs her office like a factory. You see her for two minutes and/or only see the PA. Every time I have an appointment she ends up doing a biopsy--even on a pre-existing skin condition that I pointed out to her and that clearly didn't need a biopsy. She took the practice over from an excellent dermatologist. What a the standards in this office have fallen so much. I won't be back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Josephine McAllister, MD?
Outstanding doctor! When one has been diagnosed with melanoma, one needs the very best dermatologist. Joshephine McAllister is that doctor. Since her arrival in Ithaca, I have been Dr. McAllister’s patient. Her office is not only run very efficiently, but also the personnel are warm and generous with their time. Dr. McAllister’s educational background and training are excellent. She brings her depth of knowledge and her surgical expertise to her patients in a very calm, caring manner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Josephine McAllister, MD?
Dr McAllister is a thorough and very professional dermatologist. She has a personal warmth that eases my "white coat" fears and I feel very secure in her care and her diagnostic ability. I have been to many dermatologists in many places I've lived and have yet to see one who does not employ PAs for the preliminary assessment. (The PAs in her office are also very thorough and professional.) I am so surprised to see anything unfavorable written regarding Dr McAllister, her care or her staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Josephine McAllister, MD?
Dr. McAllister was very friendly and super efficient. She examined me for skin problems While her assistant was entering what the doctor found in the computer. They told me what was wrong and what was OK and took biopsies and was out of there with confidence that I'd been well taken care of. I would recommend Dr. McAllister to anyone in the area with skin concerns. Excellent care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Josephine McAllister, MD?
Dr. McAllister is one of the worst doctor's I have ever been to. She was very impersonal and most of the work done in her office is done by her assistants. She was not helpful, and in fact I felt disrespected by the way she treated me. Would not recommend. Avoid this practice.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Josephine McAllister, MD?
Dr. McAllister was very unpleasant. She did not listen to my needs and she appeared bothered by my questions. The staff at the office is very nice -- but I would not return.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Josephine McAllister, MD?
I went into the office for the first time today. The office was running on-schedule. Dr. McAllister spoke with me about my concerns and did a quick body scan for any abnormal-seeming moles (this was not the purpose of my visit), in addition to checking out my skin condition. We then spoke about possible methods of treatment for the skin condition I've been suffering from for years. After that, she let me know that her PA would be coming in to speak with me. Overall, a very pleasant experience.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Josephine McAllister, MD?
She is a horrible physician. She charges patient or insurance co and has her PA see the patients! He has no experience at all! She also sent a bill for sending my medical records to another doctor! I have wasted my time getting incorrect medication for six months!! She knows its not legal to charge money for medical records when sending them to another physician! Nothing but a scam!! I guess she is banking up the money to pay for her medical school bills!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Josephine McAllister, MD?
I went for an annual skin check for the first time with Dr. McAllister and it turned into a nightmare. My appt was with her and she had her male PA come in to do my initial mole check without my knowledge or approval (I am a female). B/t the two of them they marked 7 spots with an 8 to be surgically removed. This was overkill for my first appt and I am wondering if they were trying to drive up my bill to insurance. Now I have seven scars and after four weeks of waiting the results were benign
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Josephine McAllister, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. McAllister?

Dermatology Associates of Ithaca

• Sat: closed
    • Thu: closed
    • Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. McAllister treats patients.

Compare Providers