Dr. Josephine McAllister, MD

Dr. Josephine McAllister, MD

Dermatology | Female | 38 years old

Dr. McAllister specializes in Dermatology and practices in Ithaca, NY. She practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. McAllister? Add your own statement here.

Dr. McAllister's Experience

See how Dr. McAllister's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. McAllister

Dr. McAllister accepts 12 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. McAllister has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. McAllister
Dr. McAllister's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (43)
in Ithaca, NY |
Outstanding doctor! When one has been diagnosed with melanoma, one needs the very best dermatologist. Joshephine McAllister is that doctor. Since her arrival in Ithaca, I have been Dr. McAllister’s patient. Her office is not only run very efficiently, but also the personnel are warm and generous with their time. Dr. McAllister’s educational background and training are excellent. She brings her depth of knowledge and her surgical expertise to her patients in a very calm, caring manner.
in Ithaca, NY |
Dr McAllister is a thorough and very professional dermatologist. She has a personal warmth that eases my "white coat" fears and I feel very secure in her care and her diagnostic ability. I have been to many dermatologists in many places I've lived and have yet to see one who does not employ PAs for the preliminary assessment. (The PAs in her office are also very thorough and professional.) I am so surprised to see anything unfavorable written regarding Dr McAllister, her care or her staff.
in Dryden, NY |
Dr. McAllister was very friendly and super efficient. She examined me for skin problems While her assistant was entering what the doctor found in the computer. They told me what was wrong and what was OK and took biopsies and was out of there with confidence that I'd been well taken care of. I would recommend Dr. McAllister to anyone in the area with skin concerns. Excellent care.
Ithaca, NY |
Dr. McAllister is one of the worst doctor's I have ever been to. She was very impersonal and most of the work done in her office is done by her assistants. She was not helpful, and in fact I felt disrespected by the way she treated me. Would not recommend. Avoid this practice.
in Ithaca, NY |
Dr. McAllister was very unpleasant. She did not listen to my needs and she appeared bothered by my questions. The staff at the office is very nice -- but I would not return.
Ithaca, NY |
I went into the office for the first time today. The office was running on-schedule. Dr. McAllister spoke with me about my concerns and did a quick body scan for any abnormal-seeming moles (this was not the purpose of my visit), in addition to checking out my skin condition. We then spoke about possible methods of treatment for the skin condition I've been suffering from for years. After that, she let me know that her PA would be coming in to speak with me. Overall, a very pleasant experience.
in Ithaca, NY |
She is a horrible physician. She charges patient or insurance co and has her PA see the patients! He has no experience at all! She also sent a bill for sending my medical records to another doctor! I have wasted my time getting incorrect medication for six months!! She knows its not legal to charge money for medical records when sending them to another physician! Nothing but a scam!! I guess she is banking up the money to pay for her medical school bills!
Ithaca, NY |
I went for an annual skin check for the first time with Dr. McAllister and it turned into a nightmare. My appt was with her and she had her male PA come in to do my initial mole check without my knowledge or approval (I am a female). B/t the two of them they marked 7 spots with an 8 to be surgically removed. This was overkill for my first appt and I am wondering if they were trying to drive up my bill to insurance. Now I have seven scars and after four weeks of waiting the results were benign
Have you seen Dr. Josephine McAllister, MD?
Are you Dr. McAllister?

Compare Dr. McAllister

Dr. McAllister's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Dermatology
  •  Board certified in Dermatology

Dr. McAllister has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. McAllister's Board Certifications

• Jock Itch
  • Lipomas
  • Lyme Disease
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Pemphigoid
  • Varicose Veins
  • Warts

Stanford Univ Sch Of Med

Graduated in 2004

Dr. McAllister does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. McAllister and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Dermatology

• Acne Surgery
  • Destruction of Benign Skin Lesion
  • Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion
  • Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Skin Tag Removal

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.