Dr. Joseph Yi, MD

Dr. Joseph Yi, MD

Psychiatry  ·
Dr. Joseph Yi, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Newtown, PA and has been practicing for 10 years. He graduated from University Of Medicine and Dentistry Of New Jersey / Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in 2005 and specializes in psychiatry, addiction psychiatry, and more.Read his story

760 Newtown Yardley Rd Ste 122

Newtown, PA 18940

• We do not accept health insurance

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check Dr. Yi's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Yi's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Substance Abuse

"NEWTOWN BEHAVIORAL is a health recovery center dedicated to providing quality Mental Health & Addiction Medicine treatment by combining the application of psychiatry with Holistic awareness. In addition to psychotherapy and conservative medicati...

• Psychiatry

Dr. Yi's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Joseph Yi, MD
Excellent
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Yi, MD?
Dr Yi and Modern Behavioral Health are ahead of their time in how they cater to their clientele. My entire family each with different needs , sees Dr Yi, Dr Gill, Christina G for Psychiatry and therapy for well over 6 years. We all have been to our share of Drs , none diagnosed any of us properly or helped any of us get any better in our mental or physical well being until we came to Modern Behavioral Health. Thank You Dr Yi and everyone for all that you do and all your help!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Yi, MD?
Dr Yi is an amazing doctor. Ive been battling depression and anxiety and chronic pain for years. Dr Yi has gone above and beyond what any psychiatrist would. He genuinely cares about his patients. I have recommended people to him. I will continue to do so without hesitation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Yi, MD?
Dr Yi and I have been working together for a about 2 months and he has helped me more than any other psychiatrist, rehab therapist, sponsor, or anyone in general has before in the past. He is beyond a doctor to me and I would recommend him to anyone who wants to really see a difference. With him you will have someone brilliant and caring in your corner who can really make an impact. He is an inspirational and influential man who is as real as they come.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Yi, MD?
Dr. Yi has gone above and beyond the expected parameters of his profession to extend the most compassionate and successful mental health treatment I have ever received. As my doctor of almost 7 years, he has always met me at whatever point I'm at and has empatheticly assisted me in reaching my full potential. Together we have crafted a comprehensive plan to wean me down off my psych meds (something I never dreamed possible). I have complete confidence in his expertise. He has never let me down.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Yi, MD?
I came to Dr. Yi a desperate 32 y.o w 5-6 psychiatric diagnoses that spanned a 15 yr history, 4+ inpatient stays + health issues as a result. Even w my 7 daily meds I had no ans, never felt any better + was waiting until the next inpatient cycle, almost suicidal. In 2 wks Dr.Yi found what my last doc didn’t in 10yrs-I had a gene mutation responsible for all. In 6mos. I was detoxed off Lithium, ambien + others; all replaced by 1 vitamin that bc of mutation, my body craved. NEVER going elsewhere
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Yi, MD?
When I found out that a loved one was using opiates I was in shock. I found myself trapped between treatment options that were either too extreme for us or worse. Doctor Yi has a unique approach that we felt was perfect and tailored 'to the patient' rather then for his convenience. Doctor Yi communicates with us in a relaxed and open atmosphere while still maintaining a serious and professional demeanor. Just go and see him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Yi, MD?
It cannot be reiterated enough how truly life-changing it was once I found Dr. Yi. He is a remarkably caring, engaging and empathetic doctor who demonstrates consistently his high-level of attentive care in his treatment approaches for his patients. His unique/uncanny ability to personally relate to patients of all ages is a tremendous asset that has allowed Dr. Yi to not only succeed but thrive in his practice and most importantly in the success rates of patients overcoming their addiction(s)!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Yi, MD?
I have been treated multiple times for opioid addiction and never- never have I been treated as thoroughly, respectfully and compassionately as I was by Dr. Yi and his staff. While I won’t go so far as to call the other physicians quacks- but taking the 8 hour mandated course in order to prescribe Suboxone does not make one an addiction specialist. Dr. Yi will take care of you- you do not need to suffer. I am opiate free & Suutex-free. And my gratitude will be forever with Dr. Yi.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Yi, MD?
Dr. Joseph Yi helped me turn my life around by getting me thinking about a purpose driven life and what would make me happy in my life in all areas. I found out today that I have been offered a scholarship to attend a law school of my dreams and Dr. Yi was one of the first people I called to share the news with. The talks I had with him influenced me in such a way that I'm not sure I would be where I am today had I not decided to call his office when I was near hopeless.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Yi, MD?
My wife and I were introduced to Dr. Yi. and the Newtown Behavioral Health Recovery Center a little over one year ago. Through nutritional therapy, a tailored supplement approach, and weekly counseling sessions on-site with Christina Gilardi, I successfully detoxed from daily dependencies on opiates, amphetamines, benzodiazepines and muscle relaxants. Once stable and with close monitoring, we then tapered and eventually discontinued all psychotropic medications. I am forever in debt.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Yi, MD?
Dr. Yi made an incredible difference in my boyfriend’s life. He suffered from a long-term addiction exacerbated by a close death and life challenges. Despite defiantly rebelling against recovery, he is now making tremendous progress. Dr. Yi diagnosed my boyfriend with bi-polar disorder and MTHFR mutations – the treatment thereof has given him the strength to fight. Dr. Yi encourages holistic lifestyle changes, helping an addict reenter life with strength, clarity and hope.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Yi, MD?
I'm currently seeing Dr. Yi for a variety of psychiatric and addiction issues. My personal belief is that many of the medications prescribed do more harm than good. Having tried several times to come off SSRI's, Dr. Yi recommended a protocol that has made the transition much less taxing via a holistic approach. As an aside, he determined the cause of my intestinal issues and suggested a very simple dietary supplement that has worked wonders. Very intelligent, engaging man. Strongly recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Yi, MD?
I worked with Dr Yi for multiple years and he helped me come a long way, maybe even saved my life. He cares about getting on a personal level with his patients to understand what is really going on and tailor your treatment to best fit your situation. Dr Yi believes strongly in holistic medicines and will try to promote natural alternatives to traditional medications and strategies. Don't hesitate to contact him if you are struggling, just be ready to make a change and work with him honestly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Yi, MD?
I honestly enjoyed seeing Dr. Yi for my medical help. He was always very pleasant, caring and concerned about my welfare and improving my current situation, and then encouraging the development of longer term goals to ensure my continuing physical, mental and emotional well being. You should have no hesitation about calling him to schedule an appointment to help both you and your loved ones move beyond whatever issues you are struggling with.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Yi, MD?
Dr. Yi is that doctor I've always needed to meet. Any doctor who studies can learn medicine, but not every doctor can learn and connect with their patients. I am truly grateful for what Yi has done for me. Not only was he able to get me off of my ADD medications (I was taking for 6 years), he got down on ground zero w/ me and showed me how to care for and love myself & my body again. If you have your health, you have everything. I have grown in every dept. of life as a result of this. Thx Yi.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Yi, MD?
We approached Dr. Yi for advice dealing with our son's ADHD. He was extremely helpful. Not only did he take time discuss my son's history and comorbidities, he spent a considerable amount of time explaining the rationale for his treatment recommendations, dosages, and what types of outcomes we would see, etc. Following his protocol, we have seen significant improvements. I would definitely seek his help if the need arises and wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to friends and family.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Yi, MD?
I was on an anxiety medication for about 10 years and slowly gained a lot of weight. My family doctor was concerned about diabetes and stress. Dr. Yi helped me tremendously through a painful transition to another medication - I feel much better, am healthier, and I've lost 20 pounds! His holistic approach balances meds, lifestyle, exercise, diet, supplements and excellent psychotherapy. In short, I have never received such professional, kind, effective and responsive care from a doctor's office!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Yi, MD?
Dr.Yi helped my son getting out of both drug/alcohol addiction. His most impressive quality is that he cares, he really does, and that's what made it with my son. He is not just about prescribing medication, he listened, understood and then enabled/steered my son to reflect and come up with his own solutions...a very powerful approach that really worked. My simple conclusion is that Dr. Yi saved my son and my family (who he involved deeply in the process) and I will always be grateful for that.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Yi, MD?
Dr.Yi literally saved my life. When I first met him, I was at rock bottom abusing drugs, suffering from anxiety and living an overall un-healthy lifestyle. Through modern medicine and a holistic approach I'm now thriving. I work, I go out with friends, I've lost weight all because of the guidance and advice given to me by Dr. Yi. It feels wonderful to be freed of the dependence of drugs, to have the tools to work through my anxiety and to live as a healthy individual- to have my life back!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Yi?

Insurance accepted

We do not accept health insurance