Dr. Joseph Yi, MD

Psychiatry •  Male • Age 44

Dr. Yi

Newtown Behavioral

760 Newtown Yardley Rd Newtown, PA 18940

Dr. Joseph Yi, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Newtown, PA and has over 15 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University of Medicine And Dentistry of New Jersey / Robert Wood Johnson Medical School medical school in 2005. He is affiliated with St. Mary Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Yi to book an appointment.

Dr. Yi's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Yi

Dr. Yi?
  • Office environment (49)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (48)
  • Explained conditions well (48)
  • Long wait times (35)
  • Appointment was rushed (4)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (4)
Dr. Yi has gone above and beyond for me more times than I can count. He is knowledgeable in his field and has done wonders for me and my recovery. I have been clean for over 2 years and that wouldn't be possible without Dr Yi. He truly cares about his patients. He keeps it real and knows when to show you that stuff love. I couldn't ask for anyone better. I also want to note that he always makes himself available. It doesnt matter if its office hours or not. He will do his best to accommodate your needs!!
Adam Nonnemacher – Jun 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Yi, MD?
Thank You for making my transition to TeleTherapy seamless. Even my teenage daughters have adjusted to this transition to TeleTherapy & feel supported by your team! TBH, at first they were a little resistant, but knowing that you all genuinely care shined through & now they actually look forward to their appointments. They have developed trust and confidence in knowing you truly care about them. I am especially grateful for how your practice advocates for a Holistic Pharma-Nutrition approach of the mind & body. Each time we speak I gain new knowledge and appreciate your passion to want to help us be the best we can be. You are the most personable team of doctors, therapists & staff, that has made a wonderful impact in our lives. You have shown me & my family the most Amazing support! You are Passionate, Compassionate, Direct & Life Changing! And best of all your staff is extremely professional and immediately responsive to my calls & texts!
Stephanie – May 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Yi, MD?
Highly recommended. I’ve been going for well over a year now. It’s a modernized office with a progressive & calming feeling. There you will experience aroma therapy, nature, progressive atmosphere & healthy food snacks on tables like nuts & dried fruit. Dr Yi helped me with my anxiety & sleeping problems with his guidance of proper eating, exercise, meditation, herbal & vitamin supplements while he directed me away from the typical pharmaceutical drugs. I replaced my fitbit after a couple years of not having one & once I synced it I saw the data compared from a couple years ago to now. Amazing comparison side by side. two years ago I was waking up & restless 20-30 times a night. Fitbit shows this by spikes. Red for awake & blue for restless & then was combined to be over an hour or two per night with no consistent periods of deep sleep. Today I see sleeping streaks with few red/blue spikes. My sleep quality improved beyond my expectations. I fall asleep easier & can sleep better.
Jul 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Yi, MD?
My initial visit was to evaluate the appropriateness of my medications for the treatment of bipolar 1 disorder. With a singular manic event 25 years prior, he concluded that my medications were unnecessary and over a period of 8 months I no longer take them. His role during this period became more of a health advisor. He introduced various supplements to my diet that had noticeable benefits to my state of health. Obesity has been my most significant health issue. He introduced me to an appetite suppressant supplement that provided me with modest results. I became motivated me to adopt meal structures that emphasized nutrition. This became a life style change that is causing steady permanent weight loss. Over the past 6 months I am half way towards a substantial weight loss goal and do not feel deprived in anyway. As I no longer take psychiatric medications, I no longer require the services of a psychiatrist. Dr. Yi's has had a profound impact on my state of health.
Ben K. – Jul 04, 2019
Excellent
Levittown , PA – Oct 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Yi, MD?
Dr Yi and Modern Behavioral Health are ahead of their time in how they cater to their clientele. My entire family each with different needs , sees Dr Yi, Dr Gill, Christina G for Psychiatry and therapy for well over 6 years. We all have been to our share of Drs , none diagnosed any of us properly or helped any of us get any better in our mental or physical well being until we came to Modern Behavioral Health. Thank You Dr Yi and everyone for all that you do and all your help!
Bucks County, PA – Oct 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Yi, MD?
Dr Yi is an amazing doctor. Ive been battling depression and anxiety and chronic pain for years. Dr Yi has gone above and beyond what any psychiatrist would. He genuinely cares about his patients. I have recommended people to him. I will continue to do so without hesitation.
S in Levittown, PA – Aug 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Yi, MD?
Dr Yi and I have been working together for a about 2 months and he has helped me more than any other psychiatrist, rehab therapist, sponsor, or anyone in general has before in the past. He is beyond a doctor to me and I would recommend him to anyone who wants to really see a difference. With him you will have someone brilliant and caring in your corner who can really make an impact. He is an inspirational and influential man who is as real as they come.
Jul 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Yi, MD?
Dr. Yi has gone above and beyond the expected parameters of his profession to extend the most compassionate and successful mental health treatment I have ever received. As my doctor of almost 7 years, he has always met me at whatever point I'm at and has empatheticly assisted me in reaching my full potential. Together we have crafted a comprehensive plan to wean me down off my psych meds (something I never dreamed possible). I have complete confidence in his expertise. He has never let me down.
Feb 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Yi, MD?
I came to Dr. Yi a desperate 32 y.o w 5-6 psychiatric diagnoses that spanned a 15 yr history, 4+ inpatient stays + health issues as a result. Even w my 7 daily meds I had no ans, never felt any better + was waiting until the next inpatient cycle, almost suicidal. In 2 wks Dr.Yi found what my last doc didn’t in 10yrs-I had a gene mutation responsible for all. In 6mos. I was detoxed off Lithium, ambien + others; all replaced by 1 vitamin that bc of mutation, my body craved. NEVER going elsewhere
Ash in Morrisville, PA – Feb 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Yi, MD?
When I found out that a loved one was using opiates I was in shock. I found myself trapped between treatment options that were either too extreme for us or worse. Doctor Yi has a unique approach that we felt was perfect and tailored 'to the patient' rather then for his convenience. Doctor Yi communicates with us in a relaxed and open atmosphere while still maintaining a serious and professional demeanor. Just go and see him!
Feb 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Yi, MD?
It cannot be reiterated enough how truly life-changing it was once I found Dr. Yi. He is a remarkably caring, engaging and empathetic doctor who demonstrates consistently his high-level of attentive care in his treatment approaches for his patients. His unique/uncanny ability to personally relate to patients of all ages is a tremendous asset that has allowed Dr. Yi to not only succeed but thrive in his practice and most importantly in the success rates of patients overcoming their addiction(s)!
C J in Pennsylvania – Jan 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Yi, MD?
I have been treated multiple times for opioid addiction and never- never have I been treated as thoroughly, respectfully and compassionately as I was by Dr. Yi and his staff. While I won’t go so far as to call the other physicians quacks- but taking the 8 hour mandated course in order to prescribe Suboxone does not make one an addiction specialist. Dr. Yi will take care of you- you do not need to suffer. I am opiate free & Suutex-free. And my gratitude will be forever with Dr. Yi.
LL in Philadelphia’ PA – Jan 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Yi, MD?
Dr. Joseph Yi helped me turn my life around by getting me thinking about a purpose driven life and what would make me happy in my life in all areas. I found out today that I have been offered a scholarship to attend a law school of my dreams and Dr. Yi was one of the first people I called to share the news with. The talks I had with him influenced me in such a way that I'm not sure I would be where I am today had I not decided to call his office when I was near hopeless.
Jason – Jan 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Yi, MD?
My wife and I were introduced to Dr. Yi. and the Newtown Behavioral Health Recovery Center a little over one year ago. Through nutritional therapy, a tailored supplement approach, and weekly counseling sessions on-site with Christina Gilardi, I successfully detoxed from daily dependencies on opiates, amphetamines, benzodiazepines and muscle relaxants. Once stable and with close monitoring, we then tapered and eventually discontinued all psychotropic medications. I am forever in debt.
Newtown, PA – Nov 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Yi, MD?
Dr. Yi made an incredible difference in my boyfriend’s life. He suffered from a long-term addiction exacerbated by a close death and life challenges. Despite defiantly rebelling against recovery, he is now making tremendous progress. Dr. Yi diagnosed my boyfriend with bi-polar disorder and MTHFR mutations – the treatment thereof has given him the strength to fight. Dr. Yi encourages holistic lifestyle changes, helping an addict reenter life with strength, clarity and hope.
Netown, PA – Nov 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Yi, MD?
I'm currently seeing Dr. Yi for a variety of psychiatric and addiction issues. My personal belief is that many of the medications prescribed do more harm than good. Having tried several times to come off SSRI's, Dr. Yi recommended a protocol that has made the transition much less taxing via a holistic approach. As an aside, he determined the cause of my intestinal issues and suggested a very simple dietary supplement that has worked wonders. Very intelligent, engaging man. Strongly recommend.
Ryan in Morrisville, PA – Nov 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Yi, MD?
I worked with Dr Yi for multiple years and he helped me come a long way, maybe even saved my life. He cares about getting on a personal level with his patients to understand what is really going on and tailor your treatment to best fit your situation. Dr Yi believes strongly in holistic medicines and will try to promote natural alternatives to traditional medications and strategies. Don't hesitate to contact him if you are struggling, just be ready to make a change and work with him honestly.
Bensalem, PA – Jun 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Yi, MD?
I honestly enjoyed seeing Dr. Yi for my medical help. He was always very pleasant, caring and concerned about my welfare and improving my current situation, and then encouraging the development of longer term goals to ensure my continuing physical, mental and emotional well being. You should have no hesitation about calling him to schedule an appointment to help both you and your loved ones move beyond whatever issues you are struggling with.
Newtown, PA – May 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Yi, MD?
We approached Dr. Yi for advice dealing with our son's ADHD. He was extremely helpful. Not only did he take time discuss my son's history and comorbidities, he spent a considerable amount of time explaining the rationale for his treatment recommendations, dosages, and what types of outcomes we would see, etc. Following his protocol, we have seen significant improvements. I would definitely seek his help if the need arises and wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to friends and family.
Hema in Morrisville, PA – May 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Yi, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Yi?

NEWTOWN BEHAVIORAL is a health recovery center dedicated to providing quality Mental Health & Addiction Medicine treatment by combining the application of psychiatry with Holistic awareness. In addition to psychotherapy and conservative medicatio...Read more

• Psychiatry