Dr. Joseph Yi, MD

Psychiatry | Male

Dr. Joseph Yi, MD
NEWTOWN BEHAVIORAL is a health recovery center dedicated to providing quality Mental Health & Addiction Medicine treatment by combining the application of psychiatry with Holistic awareness. In addition to psychotherapy and conservative medication management, our group utilizes a more progressive approach by empowering each patient through nutritional education, exercise science, relaxation techniques, and other natural solutions for a more comfortable recovery process. Our program is committed to providing personally individualized quality care, and we hope to have the opportunity to assist you on your journey of recovery and health.

Dr. Yi's Experience

See how Dr. Yi's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Yi

Dr. Yi accepts 1 insurance carrier

Dr. Yi is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Yi has admitting privileges.

Dr. Yi's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Yi to family and friends
    Dr. Yi's Performance
    Bensalem, PA |
    I worked with Dr Yi for multiple years and he helped me come a long way, maybe even saved my life. He cares about getting on a personal level with his patients to understand what is really going on and tailor your treatment to best fit your situation. Dr Yi believes strongly in holistic medicines and will try to promote natural alternatives to traditional medications and strategies. Don't hesitate to contact him if you are struggling, just be ready to make a change and work with him honestly.
    Newtown, PA |
    I honestly enjoyed seeing Dr. Yi for my medical help. He was always very pleasant, caring and concerned about my welfare and improving my current situation, and then encouraging the development of longer term goals to ensure my continuing physical, mental and emotional well being. You should have no hesitation about calling him to schedule an appointment to help both you and your loved ones move beyond whatever issues you are struggling with.
    Yardley, PA |
    Dr. Yi is that doctor I've always needed to meet. Any doctor who studies can learn medicine, but not every doctor can learn and connect with their patients. I am truly grateful for what Yi has done for me. Not only was he able to get me off of my ADD medications (I was taking for 6 years), he got down on ground zero w/ me and showed me how to care for and love myself & my body again. If you have your health, you have everything. I have grown in every dept. of life as a result of this. Thx Yi.
    in Morrisville, PA |
    We approached Dr. Yi for advice dealing with our son's ADHD. He was extremely helpful. Not only did he take time discuss my son's history and comorbidities, he spent a considerable amount of time explaining the rationale for his treatment recommendations, dosages, and what types of outcomes we would see, etc. Following his protocol, we have seen significant improvements. I would definitely seek his help if the need arises and wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to friends and family.
    Yardley |
    I was on an anxiety medication for about 10 years and slowly gained a lot of weight. My family doctor was concerned about diabetes and stress. Dr. Yi helped me tremendously through a painful transition to another medication - I feel much better, am healthier, and I've lost 20 pounds! His holistic approach balances meds, lifestyle, exercise, diet, supplements and excellent psychotherapy. In short, I have never received such professional, kind, effective and responsive care from a doctor's office!
    Newtown, pa |
    Dr.Yi helped my son getting out of both drug/alcohol addiction. His most impressive quality is that he cares, he really does, and that's what made it with my son. He is not just about prescribing medication, he listened, understood and then enabled/steered my son to reflect and come up with his own solutions...a very powerful approach that really worked. My simple conclusion is that Dr. Yi saved my son and my family (who he involved deeply in the process) and I will always be grateful for that.
    Newtown, PA |
    Dr.Yi literally saved my life. When I first met him, I was at rock bottom abusing drugs, suffering from anxiety and living an overall un-healthy lifestyle. Through modern medicine and a holistic approach I'm now thriving. I work, I go out with friends, I've lost weight all because of the guidance and advice given to me by Dr. Yi. It feels wonderful to be freed of the dependence of drugs, to have the tools to work through my anxiety and to live as a healthy individual- to have my life back!
    Newtown, PA |
    Dr Yi, thank you for your confidence and knowledge in your field. You have certainly displayed great compassion for it and proven the ability to help many stricken with issues which most can't comprehend. It's been close to a year since we reached out to you. Your first reply to me was that you can make my wife better. You've delivered more than I expected. I'm proud of you and I hope you know how much your life matters to others. I think of you as family. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
    in Feasterville, PA |
    I started seeing Doctor Yi a little over a year ago after being on suboxone and still using opiaties occasionally over a 12 year period. With his help, through traditional medicine and supplements, I am now off suboxone completely, as well as opiates, and feeling very well, clear and energized. I feel that Doctor Yi's blend of traditional and herbal medicine, as well as nutritional advice, has helped me overcome my dependency of all opiates, synthetic or not. I feel more energy and a clear mind.
    in Newtown, PA |
    Dr. Yi came highly recommend by a colleague in his field and after my first visit at Newtown Behavioral it was quite obvious why he was spoken so highly of. Aside from his brilliant education and passion for what he does, he has the exceptional ability to truly connect with his patients and help them through their struggles. Dr. Yi saved my life and continues to empower me. Thank you Dr. Yi.
    in Doylestown, PA |
    I have a debilitating chronic illness and along with that came some mental health struggles. Dr. Yi helped me get back on track by using a holistic approach. Dr. Yi worked with me to gradually find the right combination of supplements and pharmaceuticals that would improve my quality of life. I highly recommend Dr. Yi, because he won't just throw an easy "fix" of a medication at you - he will listen to you and work with you to find the right dose and combination of supplements to help.
    Harrison, NJ |
    After years of struggling w depression and acquiring an opiate dependence, following a serious injury along the way, Dr. Yi is the 1st and only doctor that has addressed the neurotransmitters in my brain that have so much to do with my condition. His regiment of high quality amino acid supplements and overall lifestyle improvements has completely changed my life. I am opiate free and no longer struggling to stay off. My depression is finally under control. I am thankful for Dr. Yi! Thanks Doc!
    Newtown, PA |
    Last year I was in a terrible place. Thanks to my time inpatient at Princeton I was able to pull myself together, but it is you that I must thank for pushing me forward. From our conversations together I was able to readjust my focus and figure out how I could move on. I am so thankful for that, for helping me no longer need my medication, and so much more. I finished my fall semester (first semester back at school) and made the Dean's list. Thank you and I wish you all the best.
    Warminster, PA |
    I have been seeing Dr. Yi for a few years, and he has really helped me through my anxiety issues. His treatment methods are not just medication but he encourages supplements, and diet and exercise as well. He is very easy to talk to, and he is a very intelligent person. I highly recommend him.
    in Newtown, PA |
    I have been battling with depression for many years. Last year, it got much worse. Dr. Yi was the third psychiatrist I saw in six months. The other doctors had me on the wrong medicines and they really didn’t seem to care. I am very happy with Dr. Yi’s care and thanks to him, I feel better than I have in years. He has been able to reduce my psych medicine from 4 to 2. He has prescribed various supplements with great success. I would strongly recommend Dr. Yi to anyone (with psych disorder).
    in Bensalem, PA |
    Dr. Yi is very educated and knowledgeable in doing what he does. He will help you to the best of his ability if you are patient and allow him to do his magic.
    in Morrisville, Pa |
    Dr. Yi is a doctor ahead of his time. The doctors use of recovery medications and supplements has helped like no other treatment i've been through. Dr. Yi's knolidge of supplemental use makes no need for continued controled medications. I have my life changed by Dr. Yi where others have fallen short. So if your in pain stop and reach out for help!
    in Philadelphia, PA |
    Dr Yi has really made me look at life differently! He has been my doctor a few yrs now. I feel as if he's a friend and not just my doctor! Extremely easy to talk to! Very smart! He knows a lot about natural supplements as he is not a pill pusher he truly cares about your heath and well being. I truly can't say enough good things! Glad I found him, I know I'm in good hands!
    in Newtown, PA |
    My experience with Dr Yi was invaluable. Having been unsuccessful with past attempts to overcome my addiction, his unique approach to treatment was exactly what I needed. With his emphasis on proper nutrition and exercise and his personal guidence I am now living a healthy lifestyle drug free. I even completed a marathon. I am very greatful to Dr Yi and would highly recommend him to anyone.
    in Philadelphia, PA |
    Great thanks and appreciation to Dr. Yi who supervised my successful transition from sick and hopeless heroin user to healthy exercise enthusiast and full time student pursuing my life goals. Dr. Yi is the "real deal"- compassionate physician and knowledgeable addiction specialist who helped me take my life back. I am eternally grateful.
    Working with Dr. Yi was amazing. After many years of seeing different doctors, and finding no answers, I found Dr. Yi through a family friend. He helped me in less then a year to overcome my addictions problems. I couldn't ask for a better doctor. If you truly want to fix your life, he's the doctor you want to see. K.S.
    Philadelphia, PA |
    I have been a patient of Dr.Yi for several years and I enjoy my visits because he treats me like his equal . He does not look down on me ect. He saved my life by treating me and prescribing me the proper medication I need .He also goes above and beyond and shows me natural supplements that I can take to help my medication work better from adapting.He also talks to me about spirituality and we communicate on a higher level because he is a phenomenal Doctor that uplifts my spirits every visit.
    in Lambertville, NJ |
    Dr. Yi was amazingly reassuring and made everything feel very comfortable. After my first 10 minute phone call I was so happy I made the decision to call him out of the blue. Was the best thing I have done for myself in a long time. If you are considering reaching out to him, don't hesitate.
    in Bucks County PA |
    Was very fortunate to have found this exceptionally caring and compassionate Dr. One who truly understands people and treats them with respect and courtesy. This Dr is one of a kind. WOW! If your in need of a unique, inspiring, positive, warm and healing experience don't hesitate to contact Dr Yi. Hes made my life amazing!
    in Southampton, PA |
    The best of the best. LIsten, no one compares to him within an hour, maybe farther but this is as far as we can reasonably drive in our family for help. This Dr cares about his patients and cures from the inside out, if you only want a script all the others can see you one every 30 days misdiagnose you and most likely kill you have at it. If you want to live and get healthier both in your career ( I am up for promotion) your social life, your well being. This is the place to be!
    in Newtown pa |
    Dr. Yi is a great doctor. He really helps out his patients and does what he can for them. He doesn't just load you up on meds like a lot of other doctors do. He is really cares about his patients and is doing what's best for their mental and physical health. I would definitely recommend him to anyone who is looking.
    in Southampton pa |
    Dr Yi is an excellent Dr he has been working with me for over a year and has made me a better person in health and well being I am happy with how I look and feel and even see things now! It's more than just a prescription he really cares about curing his patients from the inside out!
    in Bensalem, PA |
    Terrible experience, very difficult to work with
    in Newtown, PA |
    Dr. Yi has the best approach and team with him, he is a true doctor, he helps people without loading them up on all different types of medication, instead, he treats from within and gets to understand the underlying problems. I've tried all different therapists/psychiatrists in the Newtown area, and the ONLY ONE who helped me to get back to being ME was Dr. Yi! You're the best!
    Have you seen Dr. Joseph Yi, MD?
    Are you Dr. Yi?

Dr. Yi says...

Dr. Yi's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
    •  Board certified in Addiction Psychiatry
    •  Malpractice claims in Pennsylvania not available

Dr. Yi has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

Why It Matters: Dr. Yi's Board Certifications

• Addiction Psychiatry

• Opioid Dependence
    • Psychiatric Diseases
    • Substance Abuse

University of Medicine And Dentistry of New Jersey / Robert Wood Johnson Medical School

Graduated in 2005

Cooper Hosp/RWJMS Cooper Hosp

Completed in 2006

Cooper Hosp/RWJMS Cooper Hosp

Completed in 2009

Rutgers University / New Brunswick Campus

Graduated in 2000

Dr. Yi does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Yi and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry