Dr. Joseph Ward, MD

Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male · Age 36

Dr. Ward

Orthopaedic Specialists of Oakland County

44038 Woodward Ave Ste 200 Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302

Dr. Joseph Ward, MD is a reconstructive orthopedic surgery specialist in Bloomfield Hills, MI and has been practicing for 3 years. He graduated from Loyola Univ Of Chicago Stritch Sch Of Med in 2010 and specializes in reconstructive orthopedic surgery, orthopedic surgery, and more.

Dr. Ward's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ward

Dr. Ward?
Dr. Ward's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Joseph Ward, MD
From start to finish, I have never experienced a doctor who cared for me like a family member, as he did. He was thorough and sincere about what happens in a knee replacement and the recovery. He was honest about what it takes to have successful surgery, but even more emphatic about the tough work involved in the recovery period to get and keep knee mobility. I follow his directions and it has proved to be right on target. It was not easy or pain free, but it was surely successful. After one year, this knee has no pain, I have more flexibility then I had with the old knee. I have returned to my normal activities. As with everything else, Dr. Ward communicated to me about taking care of the knee and about taking antibiotics when going to the dentist or other invasive procedures. I would highly recommend Dr. Ward to anyone. I can't say enough about him as a person and as a highly skilled surgeon. Wow!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Ward, MD?
After my first appointment with Dr. Ward it felt like he was a longtime friend of mine. He makes you feel welcome and treats you as a peer. He thoroughly explains everything in detail and in layman's terms so that you can make a knowledgeable decision. His bedside manner at the hospital is superior to most doctors I have encountered. During follow-up appointments he constantly praises and encourages you and lets you know exactly how you are doing in your recovery process. I would highly recommend Dr. Joe Ward to my friends and family.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Ward, MD?
Dr Ward is a careful listener, an excellent practitioner and takes time with his patients to understand their issues. He answered every one of my questions honestly and without hesitation. I recommend him highly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Ward, MD?
Excellent !!!! OSOC is the place to go for all your Orthopedic problems .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Ward, MD?
Dr. Joseph Ward performed reconstruction of my left knee in May, 2018. I found him to be knowledgeable, professional, punctual, respectful and patient-centered. He takes time to listen to and answer patient concerns and questions. He reviews and explains diagnosis, procedures and details x-ray results. Spouses/significant others are encouraged to attend preliminary and follow-up appointments. His office staff, especially Jennie, are pleasant, helpful and caring. Dr. Ward's office is conveniently located in the building by taking the lobby elevator directly to the waiting room. After earning a Bachelor's degree at Columbia University, an M.D. from Loyola Stritch School of Medicine and completing his orthopedic surgery residency at the University of Michigan, where he served as administrative chief resident, Dr. Ward completed the prestigious Otto E. Aufranc fellowship in Adult Reconstructive Surgery at New England Baptist Hospital, Boston to refine his skills in the field of hip&knee
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Ward, MD?
Dr. Joseph Ward replaced my left knee last July 2018. Before my surgery, I was in constant pain even at night. Since my knee replacement I am doing great. No more pain and I just had my checkup and all is well. I would highly recommend Dr. Joe. Wonderful doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Ward, MD?
Right from the first time my wife and I met Dr. Ward I felt very comfortable with him. He explained everything to both of us and let us both know that the procedure could be a little difficult. I worked at getting my knee and muscles around my knee in shape for the surgery. I would definitely recommend Dr. Ward to anyone who is considering knee replacement surgery. Excellent aftercare as well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Ward, MD?
Dr. Joseph Ward performed an right total knee replacement on me February 20 2019. I am so pleased with the outcome. I had been having problems with my knees for years. I was reluctant to have the surgery at first. When I went to Dr. Ward he really explained the process. My surgery and recovery was text book. The process went so smoothly. I am so glad I had it done. Dr. Ward and Jenni in his office are amazing. Cassandra Micou
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Ward, MD?
My 96 year old mother was assigned Dr. Joseph Ward as a result of a fall and ER visit to St. Joseph. She had a fractured hip. She/we hit the jackpot! Dr. Ward is caring and compassionate and a skilled orthopedic surgeon. We would recommend him very highly. His office staff is very pleasant and friendly and the office is run efficiently and on-time. All in all, we are very pleased.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Ward, MD?
Dr. Ward is a very caring person who actually cares about my needs and my pain level and he does a very good job listening to my pain issues and treats me in the best way he can to take the pain away or minimize it . He's very friendly easy to talk to and very good at explaining my options so I can understand them . I would highly recommend Dr. Joseph Ward to anyone suffering with pain because he has helped me tremendously ! He did surgery and it truly helped and now I occasionally need pain in
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Ward, MD?
Dr. Joeseph Ward replaced both my wife's knees at the same time as well months later replaced one of my knees. Truly a gift from God in my book. Absolutely no issues to take about other than thank you Dr. Ward.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Ward, MD?
Dr. Joseph Ward and his staff has graciously treated me twice on short notice when it was absolutely critical I return to work promptly. With Dr. Ward help I am able to keep a much more active life style than I thought possible, thus improving my overall well-being. Dave Zwicker Clarkston MI
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Ward, MD?
I had my second knee replacement done by Dr Ward in November of 2019. I cannot say enough nice things about this doctor. He is kind, considerate, amazing bedside manner, compassionate about my concerns and genuinely concerned about my well being. My first knee replacement was essentially uneventful but the experience was not pleasant, mostly because of the doctor - which is why I changed to Dr. Ward. I would highly recommend him and his entire staff! Shout out to Jenny from his office!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Ward, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Ward for over a year now. He is very caring and informative. His bedside manner is wonderful. He has never hurt me when I jetting my knees and I find his techniques excellent. I will be having total knee replacement with him in the near future and have total confidence in him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Ward, MD?
VERY CARELESS PHYSICIAN WITH A NASTY DEMEANOR. NOT WELCOMING AT ALL!!! VERY DRY AND INCONSIDERATE. I HAVE NEVER BEEN TREATED WITH SUCH DISREGARD EVER!!! AND NEVER GOT A RESPONSE FROM 3 MESSAGES AND HE COULD CARE LESS.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Ward, MD?
Dr. Joseph Ward is wonderful with a awesome bedside manor, this is hard to find in a young doctor whom has this trait along with being a GREAT surgeon. He takes time to explain all your options and does not pressure you. I would recommend him to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Ward, MD?
I cannot say enough to praise Dr. Joseph Ward. He was so reassuring when I had my knee replacement in October! I found his patience, professionalism, kindness to be unparalleled. He explained things to me every step of the way, making it easier for me to understand what to expect as the weeks since surgery passed by. Everything has gone without a glitch and I could not be more pleased. He is experienced and an excellent surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Ward, MD?
DR. Ward was very personal and he did a great job on my knee i am so glad i went to have it fixed the pain is gone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Ward, MD?
Emergency surgery. Excellent results. Excellent bedside manor and follow up care. Has since been used by sister in law and soon my husband. Office assistant Jenny is as caring as Dr. Ward. I would trust anyone with him. Does not all me to give a 10 but would give a 10++++.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Ward, MD?
Dr. Joseph Ward and his staff at Orthopedic Specialists are amazing. It's frightening knowing you have to have knee replacement surgery, but Dr. Ward and his staff guided, educated me through the entire process. I had no doubt I was in great hands. I'll soon schedule my other knee replacement surgery. I wouldn't dream of going anywhere else. Doctor Ward is patient, kind and there to answer any and all questions...he gives it to you straight and I appreciated that very much.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Ward, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ward?

I find tremendous joy in helping patient with arthritis regain their mobility!  I strive to provide compassionate and personalized care to all of my patients.

• Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery

2015
2010
2005

Dr. Ward accepts

Dr. Ward accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
Golden Rule
HAP Insurance
NGS CoreSource
Priority Health

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Michigan

Check Dr. Ward's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Clavicle Fracture
  • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Excision of Femur or Knee
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Gout