Dr. Joseph Ward, MD

Reconstructive Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 39

Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Joseph Ward, MD is a Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Clarkston, MI and has over 12 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from LOYOLA UNIV OF CHICAGO STRITCH SCH OF MED in 2010. He is affiliated with Saint Joseph Mercy Oakland. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Joseph Ward, MD

Orthopaedic Specialists of Oakland County

7650 Dixie Hwy Ste 100 Clarkston, MI 48346
Telehealth services available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery Specialists in your area

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Ward is affiliated with Saint Joseph Mercy Oakland Pontiac, a highly rated hospital.

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Michigan

Check Dr. Ward's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Ward's Top Procedures and Conditions

Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain
high

Dr. Ward treats Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain more than 93% of his peers

Dr. Ward treats this condition more than 93% of his peers

• Osteoarthritis of Finger Joint
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Toe
  • Osteoarthritis of Wrist
Hide other areas of care

Dr. Ward's conditions and procedures:

• Broken Neck
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Systemic Chondromalacia
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Dr. Ward accepts

Dr. Ward accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Dr. Ward's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ward

Dr. Ward

Excellent
I had full left knee replacement done by Dr Ward on May 9th. He asked what my expectations were and I told him I wanted to be able To walk pain free with my grandsons to the park. The morning of my 4 week post op check up, I walked pain free to the park with my grandsons. My surgery was relatively quick and I was walking without a cane or walker By day two. My home healthcare worker, Cathy Bouchard, was Professional and encouraging and I would strongly recommend that anyone having this surgery not skip this part of the recovery, with her if you can do it. Krister and Dr Ward patiently answered All of my questions and Concerns through this entire experience. I would definitely go back to Dr Ward and his staff if I need any further surgery. I am currently back to a daily exercise routine. The fact that Dr Ward and my physical therapist were local was a huge plus in getting to appts as Follow up physical therapy is essential but also can be time consuming. Peg Roth
Jul 13, 2022
Left knee replaced Nov 17, 2021
I was very pleased with the results of my knee replacement thanks to Dr. Joseph Ward. All went exactly as planned. He explained what I was to expect and everything he predicted happened. A few at PT were so impressed with the stitches on my knee they asked who did my surgery. I almost back to walking normal, still a little sore but each day it gets better. In the beginning there was a lot of pain but it was worth all I went through. Thank you Dr. Joseph Ward! Bianka Hendren
Bianka Hendren – Jan 29, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Ward, MD?
Dr. Ward did a right hip replacement surgery for me last December. I am so happy with the result. The whole experience from the outpatient surgery at St. Joe's in Pontiac to the in home physical therapy went like clockwork. I could not be more pleased with the outcome. I got really good care all the way through.
Kristin Stocker – Dec 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Ward, MD?
I had a total hip replacement by Dr. Ward and it could not have been better! Dr. Ward and his entire staff were professional, caring and answered all my questions. I would recommend Dr. Ward for any orthopedic needs you may have.
Walter Green – Aug 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Ward, MD?
Office works in cohesion & is timely; Dr. Ward is an expert in his trade & patiently explains your situation & options. His surgery work is flawless.
Dr. Ward & Staff – Jul 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Ward, MD?
My experience with Dr. Ward and his staff could not have been better. Each time I visited the office, the front office staff welcomed me and took the time to answer any informational and insurance-related questions prior to my meeting with Dr. Ward. I was seen promptly and once in the examination room, my wait was no more than five minutes. This was each and every time. Dr. Ward took the time to explain my injury and even went so far as to show me my MRI results. He pointed to the damaged areas and described how he could repair them and gave me a timeline for my healing process. His surgical coordinator, Kylie, set everything up with the surgery center perfectly. On the day of surgery, Dr. Ward talked with me, verifying exactly what he would be doing, setting me at ease. He talked with the nursing and anesthesiology staff, making sure they were all on the same page. Afterwards, I had little discomfort and my knee is back to being stable pain-free thanks to Dr. Ward.
Tim S. - Right knee meniscectomy – Jun 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Ward, MD?
I had a full left knee replacement in late January, 2021 - outpatient basis. The 6" pencil- thin scar has completely healed, and I am on my way to full knee mobility. Dr. Ward and his staff were excellent in describing the procedure, what to expect, and follow-up exams. The staff arranged for two weeks of in-home treatment following surgery, and 3 weeks of outpatient physical therapy. Dr. Ward is a very skillful surgeon and I highly recommend him. He is very down to earth and demonstrates great confidence.
Bill Seng – Feb 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Ward, MD?
Dr. Ward is an excellent orthopedic surgeon choice if you have hip pain that requires evaluation and potential replacement. Dr. Ward thoughtfully explained my condition and options without pressuring me to take immediate action. He took time to understand my unique concerns and risks. After my decision to pursue surgery, he and his team made sure I was properly informed and prepared. At the hospital, Dr. Ward exhibited calm confidence. I felt he was most comfortable in that arena, which allowed me to feel the same way entering the operating room and throughout my recovery. I couldn’t be happier with the level of care I’ve received throughout the entire process and will be trusting Dr. Ward with any further orthopedic needs that arise.
Stephanie B – Feb 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Ward, MD?
I had a total knee replacement in September 2019. A year and a half out I’m still happy with the results. Dr Ward is very approachable, tells it like it is, and has a good “bedside manner” along with being obviously good at what he does. I used the St Joe at home physical therapy and then went to the ATI rehab facility in Dr Wards building. Between Dr Ward and the therapists, rehab was a lot of work but also a breeze and was off the walker after 3 days.
Nancy – Jan 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Ward, MD?
Dr Ward performed hip replacement surgery on me Oct 17, 2020, I had my 3 month check up yesterday and all is a okay. I have been cleared for back to normal activities. Dr Ward, his staff and everyone at St Joe's have been fabulous. Care, concern, education and follow up could not have been better.
Kevin Downey – Jan 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Ward, MD?
I had a total knee replacement done by Dr. Ward. I was young for a knee replacement (52) but surgery was a necessary last resort. Dr. Ward did not rush me into the surgery but allowed me to explore all other options first. He always presented the facts in a straightforward manner and allowed me to make the final decision of having surgery. The surgery went well and my recovery is ahead of schedule. Dr. Ward is honest, professional, and very thorough. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.
Tim S – Sep 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Ward, MD?
After enduring hip pain for more than a year it became necessary to undergo hip replacement. As a retired nurse & active grandmother it was important to me to find a skilled orthopedic surgeon I could trust to restore maximum mobility. Dr. Joe Ward was highly recommended by several good friends. The rest is history. COVID complicated the scheduling & hospital stay but I was so impressed with how Dr. Ward & staff worked through it with such professionalism & compassion. It was a source of comfort to have procedures explained thoroughly & all questions answered. The end results are awesome! I’ve resumed an active life & am very grateful for the skilled care received!
Carol Champion – Aug 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Ward, MD?
I recently had a complete knee replacement performed by Joseph P Ward , md . Right from the beginning his aplomb was reassuring and put me at ease. He explained every question I had in detail. His advice on what to expect and do during recovery was spot on. I was up and walking right away with feelings of alacrity abound. I was very impressed with the results immediately after surgery and would recommend Dr Ward to anyone who wants a surgeon with unquestionable surgical skills.
Rodger – Jul 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Ward, MD?
Great Dr. I see him for my old knee's. I get Gel-One shots in both knee's 2 times a year. Zero pain getting the shots also takes his time with you & listens to you. I drive an hour 1 way to see him well worth it.
Gpod – Jun 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Ward, MD?
Doctor Ward is very good knows his stuff. No doubt Blessed by the Holy Spirit. Very good visit. Good Support staff...
J. R. Wiechec – Jun 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Ward, MD?
This isn't my first experience with the "Orthopedic Surgeons of Oakland County" (OSOC) group! I drove from New Baltimore MI to Bloomfield Hills. Yes it was a long way, 32 Miles one way, but, the doctors at OSOC were worth the drive. My wife and I have seen several Ortho's on the east side, but we just couldn't tolerate their arrogance and smug attitudes, along with NO PERSONALITY! These wonderful Doctors ACTUALLY have a personality. Dr. Ward is a kind, caring man who will spend as much time with you as he has to, to make sure you understand what he will be doing in the OR. Never was he arrogant, or smug, rude or condescending during or after my surgeries. When Dr. Ward replaced my first knee, I recovered and finished my PT in 6 weeks after my surgery! I as bending my right knee at 127 degrees. Four months later I had my second knee surgery, and 7 weeks after that surgery, I was finished with PT and was bending my left knee at 130 degrees. I can't thank Dr. Ward enough for his talented
Paul M. Kozicki – Mar 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Ward, MD?
I am writing this one year following a total hip replacement don by Dr. Ward. It was a 100% positive experience! His preparation for my surgery was very thorough. The surgery itself went very well, and his guidance throughout my recovery was spot on! I highly recommend this very skilled and capable surgeon!
John Fournier – Feb 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Ward, MD?
I recently had total hip replacement surgery by Dr. Joseph P. Ward and I could not be happier with the results. Dr. Ward came highly recommended and he has superb academic credentials, orthopedic surgical training and extensive experience with hip procedures. On my first appointment with Dr. Ward, it was immediately clear that he and his staff are very attentive and patient-centered. He carefully reviewed my x-rays with me and explained the problems with my hip, and then made recommendations for treatment. Preparation for my surgery was detailed and I was always aware of all important steps both before and after the procedure. Dr. Ward checked me carefully after surgery and on the following day, just before I was discharged from the hospital. My follow up visits to his office have likewise been excellent. Dr. Ward always takes as much time as needed to answer my questions and I very much appreciate his unhurried approach. I was experiencing considerable pain in my hip prior to surgery.
Donald Kuhn – Nov 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Ward, MD?
Dr. "Joe" Ward is the reason I had my full knee replacement. I had been seen prior by an orthopedic surgeon and left feeling very disconnected from the doctor. I met Dr. Joe after he performed a hip replacement surgery on my friend. His warm gretting and thorough explanation of the surgery was so impressive as I was only a friend not a family member. I was so impressed by him I would make an appt. to have him look at my knees. Everything from my first appt. went as smoothly as a well oiled machine. Others have commented on Dr. Joe's friendliness and I'll add unpretensious demeanor is a true quality and gift. He cares about each of his patients well being before and during the after care of their surgery. I am so appreciative of how he individualized my recovery. I believe he's the best kept secret in Oakland County.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Diane Melton – Nov 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Ward, MD?
From start to finish, I have never experienced a doctor who cared for me like a family member, as he did. He was thorough and sincere about what happens in a knee replacement and the recovery. He was honest about what it takes to have successful surgery, but even more emphatic about the tough work involved in the recovery period to get and keep knee mobility. I follow his directions and it has proved to be right on target. It was not easy or pain free, but it was surely successful. After one year, this knee has no pain, I have more flexibility then I had with the old knee. I have returned to my normal activities. As with everything else, Dr. Ward communicated to me about taking care of the knee and about taking antibiotics when going to the dentist or other invasive procedures. I would highly recommend Dr. Ward to anyone. I can't say enough about him as a person and as a highly skilled surgeon. Wow!
Craig Artist – Jul 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Ward, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ward?