Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Joseph Walrath, MD
Dr. Joseph Walrath, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Atlanta, GA. He is 43 years old and has been practicing for 14 years. Dr. Walrath is affiliated with Northside Hospital.

Woolfson Eye Institute

800 Mount Vernon Hwy NE Ste 110

Atlanta, GA 30328

Dr. Joseph Walrath, MD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Walrath

I develop individualized diagnostic and surgical treatment plans that address the patients cosmetic and functional needs. A thorough understanding of oculoplastic anatomy and function allows me to perform safe and reliable surgery, and to correct problems related to previous surgeries or surgeons.

Dr. Walrath's Experience

Dr. Walrath's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Blind Hypotensive Eye
  • Blindness
  • Blocked Tear Duct
  • Chalazion
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Ectropion of Eyelid
  • Entropion
  • Eyelid Disorders
  • Eyelid Spasm
  • Graves' Disease
  • Malignant Tumor
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Nasolacrimal Duct Obstruction

• Revision Surgery
  • Skin Grafts
  • Tear Duct Surgery
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2010
  • University of California
    Other Education | Completed 1998

• Chief Resident, Columbia University Department of Ophthalmology, 2006
  • Blepharoplasty. In: Bagheri SC,ed. Current Therapy in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, 1st edition., 2011
  • Lymphangioma. In: Current Ocular Therapy, 6th edition., 2007
  • Disorders of the vitreoretinal interface: complications of surgery. In: Midena E. Perimetry and the Fundus: An Introduction to Microperimetry., 2007
  • Non-surgical treatments of primary, non-melanoma eyelid malignancies: a review., 2011
  • Diffuse symmetric meningioma en plaque mimicking metabolic disease, Submitted
  • Epstein-Barr virus associated smooth muscle tumors in post transplant pediatric patients: three cases of rare location, and review of the literature., Submitted
  • Concepts in eyelid biomechanics with clinical implications., Submitted
  • Magnetic resonance imaging evidence of optic nerve glioma progression into and beyond the optic chiasm., 2008
  • Bilateral circumferential macular folds in inflicted childhood neurotrauma, 2010
  • Cysticercosis isolated to the orbit., 2003
  • Implants in ophthalmic plastic surgery. In: Focal Points, Clinical Modules for Ophthalmologists, Submitted
  • Compressed helium injury to the orbit resulting in pneumocephalus., 2006
  • Metastatic endometrial carcinoma resulting in orbital apex compression., 2007
  • Perineural spread of distant squamous cell carcinoma to the orbit: case report and review, 2009

Dr. Walrath does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Walrath and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Walrath's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Walrath to family and friends
Dr. Walrath's Performance
in Atlanta, GA |
Doctor and staff are very professional, caring and genuine.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr Walrath is God's gift to people who have any eye problems. He gave me releaf from pain that had me on the verge of insanity. My experience with him and his staff was very positive and whoever needs any eye care should go to the Woolfson Eye Institute.May God bless anyone associated with these wonderful caregivers. --Evelyn B. Hyrns.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Walrath and staff were professional and caring. My fears and concerns where address in an understanding way. My eye surgery turned out better than expected! I would recommend Dr. Walrath without reservation.
in Atlanta, GA |
The doctor asked the right questions he answered my question and listen because that is the most important thing.
in Atlanta, GA |
Excellent experience! I was impressed with the level of professionalism and skill.
in Atlanta, GA |
Exceptional! Grateful to have found this doctor and his staff. I am a very satisfied customer.
in Atlanta, GA |
Very pleased with Dr. Walrath. He thoroughly explained the procedure and answered all questions.
in Atlanta, GA |
My eyes presented a complicated situation, which Dr. Walrath addressed on multiple occasions to correct. He gave me honest assessments, accurate timelines and great results. Other issues were were resolved and, after years of dealing with extremely dry eyes, I am relieved by the improvements. Dr. Walrath diagnosed the underlying causes and corrected them. While I still react to environmental pollution, life is much better as the result of working with him. I highly recommend working with him.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Walrath and his staff were very professional, courteous and easy to talk to. All my questions were answered and clear instructions were given. I received paperwork explaining what to expect after surgery.
in Atlanta, GA |
My eyelids rested low and the upper eyelid skin was overlapped. My eyes felt heavy and tired. Dr. Walrath suggested two procedures to remediate both upper eyelid issues. His approach was not pushy but respectful and caring. I trusted him. His advice was on target. I love my new eye look. My eyes are more open and bright. I highly recommend Dr Walrath.
in Atlanta, GA |
I recently came into Dr. Joseph's office for a neck lift, lower facelift, eyelid and laser resurfacing. From start to finish, I always had complete confidence in the doctor and for that reason, did not even have a consultation with anyone else. His bedside manner is so impressive, Dr. DeJoseph took away all of my nerves. He really knows what he is doing. It only took about a week to heal and even then, there was only a bit of puffiness and bruising. Dr. Joseph's skill and artistic vision are app
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Walrath, a specialist in Oculoplastic Surgery, has exceeded my expectations. He is patient, explains everything by showing diagrams of what will be done during the surgery and best of all, has great bedside manners. I would recommend him to anyone in need of tear duct work. He also has an excellent staff working with him. Thanks!!
in Chicago |
When over a dozen surgeons around the country turned me away, Dr Walrath was the one who was competent enough to know what the problem was and fixed it. This was revision surgery to correct eyelid retraction and excess scar tissue. He was kind enough to personally phone me (on his day off) the day after surgery to check up on me. My results are both functionally and aesthetically pleasing and I couldn't be happier with his staff! I'd recommend highly!
in Atlanta, GA |
My experience with Dr. Walrath as my eye doctor was great. He was always there to answer any concerns I had.
in Atlanta, GA |
Great experience. Love my results.
Excellent.
Very pleasant experience.
in Gainesville, GA |
Not only a skilled surgeon, but a caring person, Dr Walrath has operated on me twice. I have had many surgeries, not all very successful, but the last 2 have exceeded my expectations. He definitely has something going that set him apart from the rest!
Thank you .
in Atlanta, GA |
Very good Dr. care. The wait in the waiting room was excessive )30 min.
in Atlanta, GA |
Doctor and Staff were very professional and gave excellent care. Would recommend:.
Excellent bedside manner.
in Atlanta, GA |
He is thorough and considers every angle. He encourages questions and is a warm caring physician!
Great Dr. and Staff!!!
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr Walrath was very professional, and he did a great job, I am very pleased to what he did,.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Walrath listened to my concerns. His knowledge and skills made my peripheral vision greatly improved.
Very very good help.
in Atlanta, GA |
He is absolutely great... The staff is friendly, funny, and very professional
in Atlanta, GA |
All were very professional.
in Atlanta, GA |
Everything concerning my right eye was taken care of professionally. No question left unanswered.
in Atlanta, GA |
Great doctor. I Highly recommend. I did research and went to various surgeons .
in Atlanta, GA |
Everyone very kind and helpful.
in Atlanta, GA |
Doctor was fun and professionalism great- surgery went better that we expected.
Very pleased.
in Atlanta, GA |
Doctor Walrath explained to me the procedure very clearly and in a caring way.
in Atlanta, GA |
Great and friendly staff.
in Atlanta, GA |
All very good. Everyone is really nice. And that makes a difference.
in Griffin, GA |
I have never had a more pleasant medical experience in my entire life. My girlfriend, who is a registered nurse, was also very impressed with his professionalism and how he truly cared about the outcome of my blepharoplasty. Any apprehension i had about having the procedure went away.
in Cumming, GA |
Dr. Walrath? I just want to THANK YOU for being such an amazing surgeon. Next month, it will be a year since I had my eye surgery (upper and lower blepharoplasty as well as raising my right eye? did develop herring effect in left eye). My eyes continue to look better every day. I?ve never seen a more conscientious doctor that takes more pride in his work. And your bedside manner is like no other. This means so much to older patients.
Have you seen Dr. Joseph Walrath, MD?
Are you Dr. Walrath?

Visit Dr. Walrath

Dr. Walrath accepts 5 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Walrath has admitting privileges