Dr. Joseph Wagner, MD

Dr. Joseph Wagner, MD

Urology •  Male • Age 58

Telehealth services available

Dr. Joseph Wagner, MD is a Urology Specialist in Farmington, CT. Dr. Wagner has more experience with Male Reproductive Medicine than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Midstate Medical Center and Hartford Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Wagner to book an appointment.

Hartford HealthCare Medical Group10 Birdseye Rd Ste 100 Farmington, CT 06032
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group376 Tolland Tpke Ste 202 Manchester, CT 06042

Hartford HealthCare Medical Group65 Memorial Rd West Hartford, CT 06107

Hartford Healthcare Medical Grp85 Seymour St Ste 416 Hartford, CT 06106

• Practices at Top Hospital America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Prostate Surgery Award™ See hospitals

More Urology Specialists at Hartford Healthcare

Dr. Wagner's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Wagner

Dr. Wagner?
      I consulted with two top urologists in the area about my prostrate cancer. I liked Dr. Wagners advice which was straight forward and to the point as to what he could do for me. I was interested in robotic prostate surgery which he is the subject expert. During my research of Dr. Wagner, I was able speak with a couple of his colleagues that described him as impeccable and that he never rests on his laurels but continues to strive to improve. I joined a prostate cancer support group and was pleasantly surprised that a lot of the members had robotic prostrate surgery performed by Dr. Wagner and all said that he was the best. Dr. Wagner performed the robotic prostrate surgery for me on 6/30/2020. Everything went exceptionally well. The post-op pathology report was phenomenal with no signs of malignancy in the margins. I am so grateful and thankful to Dr. Wagner for helping me.
      Alan J Nicotera – Jul 12, 2020
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Wagner, MD?
      As I write this, I am eight days from my prostatectomy. Dr Wagner and his associates were professional, courteous, helpful, all in all they were exactly what I needed for this procedure. I cannot praise them enough.
      JPM – May 27, 2020
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Wagner, MD?
      Best Doctor to walk the planet. If you have prostate cancer and is lucky enough to have Dr Wagner in your corner...consider yourself having the common cold...I rest my case
      Claude Balfour – Mar 09, 2020
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Wagner, MD?
      Fantastic doctor! Everything went the way it is supposed to and I am very happy. His staff in Farmington and Hartford hospital have been fantastic.
      Feb 12, 2020
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Wagner, MD?
      Excellent The robotic surgery went well.His bedside manner was fantastic.He was extremely informative and answered all my questions and made me feel comfortable about dealing with the future
      Jan 13, 2020
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Wagner, MD?
      Throughout the entire process if found Dr. Wagner and his staff to be remarkable. The amount of care and compassion they demonstrate is seldom seen and greatly appreciated. I was never made to feel rushed. They always took the necessary time to ensure all my questions and concerns were addressed. My sincerest thanks to Dr. Wagner and the whole team of doctors and nurses that helped me through what could have been a most difficult experience.
      John – Nov 16, 2019
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Wagner, MD?
      I recently had Robotic prostate surgery at Hartford hospital with Dr. Joseph Wagner as my surgeon. I am extremely pleased with the care that Dr. Wagner and his entire staff treated me throughout my care. Dr. Wagner has been very caring and was always available to help and answer questions I may have had. Before deciding on surgery I had been on Active surveillance with Hartford Hospital. I have been in Dr. Wagner’s care for over 6 years before it was time to have further treatment and a Radical prostatectomy. Dr. Wagner was the best choice for me and I can't recommend him highly enough. He is extremely caring, knowledgeable and an expert DaVinci Robotic Surgeon. He is very personable and easy to talk with, well respected by his peers and a leader in his field. I couldn't have made a wiser choice at such a critical point in my life. His nurses, staff and practice are easily reached and ready to support you at any time.
      DaVinci Robotic Surgeon – Oct 30, 2019
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Wagner, MD?
      Dr. Wagner from start to finish has been the up most professional, knowledgeable and caring health care provider. He takes his time to explain the steps in the process and his an outstanding surgeon. I would highly recommend him to anyone that is going through Prostate cancer.
      • Difficult to schedule appointment
      • Appointment was rushed
      • Didn't listen or answer questions
      • Didn't explain conditions well
      • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
      Gary Travers – Oct 08, 2019
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Wagner, MD?
      Very unhappy with Dr. Wagner and his assistant they do not listen to the patients. I would look a different doctor and assistant that listen to you to make you feel better rather than laugh in you face and brush it off. They have made me feel worse rather that helping me You must trust you doctor and they never made me feel like they care I am not the only one that feels that way I am one of the few to share it with you
      Sep 12, 2019
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Wagner, MD?
      Very caring. I highly recommend Dr.Wagner .
      Joe Ortelle 2013 – Aug 06, 2019
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Wagner, MD?
      Upon my prostate cancer diagnosis by another urologist I went to Dr. Wagner for a second opinion and was very pleased with the meeting. He explained all my test results in a way you can understand and put a lot of things into perspective concerning my current diagnosis leaving me very comfortable with the decision I made to have surgery after months of indecision. Also liked the idea of the free info share group seminars that is offered around the state which really helps prepare you for what to expect before and after surgery. I give Dr. Wagner and his staff a 5 star rating and would highly recommend him to others!
      Keith in Granby, CT – Jun 13, 2019
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Wagner, MD?
      My experience with Dr. Wagner consists of only two consultations, but both of great importance as respects the direction that should be taken regarding the treatment of my cancer. His professionalism is obvious and his reaching out to listen to my concerns so welcome. His explanation of the choices for my treatment were so detailed but completely understandable. A plus is his presenting his thoughts of my situation (twice) before a panel to obtain a group opinion. Likelihood of my recommending Dr. Wagner to others is 100!
      Richard P. van Etten in East Haddam, CT – Jun 05, 2019
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Wagner, MD?
      Very knowledgeable and caring toward my specific needs. Explains in detail treatment options available and why one might be better than another. Very personable and easy to talk with. Very well respected by his peers and a leader in his field using the latest technology and techniques.
      Tom S in CT – May 31, 2019
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Wagner, MD?
      I first met Dr Wagner in Jan 15’ and I’ve been in his care after a blindsiding Stage 3 bladder cancer diagnosis. After chemotherapy and a radical cystectomy in June 15’ he still follows my case like it was yesterday. He saved my life. I can’t stress enough how lucky you are if you are blessed to be his patient. He is beyond kind, completely genuine and honest, and present, always. To say he is caring does not do it justice. To say he’s beyond expert and capable- definitely that. No matter what, I know he’s there for me, even when it’s not warranted. Always follows up, and always acknowledges my situation, both physically and mentally. He always wants the best for us. Patient beyond belief. Because we all know as patients, we can be exhausting- but Dr Wagner will never make you feel bad about reaching out reasonably. Highly recommending him would be an understatement.
      May 30, 2019
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Wagner, MD?
      Dr. Wagner's care over the three years my cancer progressed was excellent. With an ultimate goal of a radical prostatectomy, it was not urgently needed at the time of my first visit. He provided me with informed understanding of my cancer, helped to plot a course of treatment that was appropriate for me at that stage and a plan to step it up as the cancer progressed. In the end, the surgery went exactly as explained, planned and with the expected outcomes. Great staff too. Highly recommend!
      Apr 10, 2019
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Wagner, MD?
      I live in FL and was in CT for one week. With very short notice Dr. Wagner was kind enough to see me at 6:30 a.m.in his Htfd. office. How many doctors would do that? I certainly appreciate him going out of his way to see me and most certainly appreciate his advise and guidance. I also want to thank Susanne and Jacklin.
      Apr 10, 2019
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Wagner, MD?
      I have recommended Dr Wagner to others without reservation. I found him to be one of the most skilled, caring doctors ever.
      Apr 02, 2019
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Wagner, MD?
      My urologist in Montana retired but he recommended I have my prostate removed or radiated based on my PSA and Gleason scores. Having heard various “horror stories” concerning radiation treatment I decided I wanted it removed and done robotically. I researched numerous doctors and hospitals to determine where to have the procedure performed. Dr Wagner’s had excellent reviews and experience in performing robotic prostatectomy using the da Vinci Surgical System. I highly recommend Dr. Wagner
      Mac McCafferty in MT – Feb 13, 2019
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Wagner, MD?
      Probably one of the best doctors I’ve had. Explained everything to me regarding my options for treating my prostate cancer. Great bedside manor. Made my wife feel extremely comfortable after my surgery by explaining exactly what was done and how how it went. Just an all around great doctor.
      Michael K in CT, CT – Feb 10, 2019
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Wagner, MD?
      My primary care physician referred me to Dr. Wagner when I was diagnosed with an elevated PSA level. Dr. Wagner performed a thorough evaluation using state-of-the-art imaging and biopsy techniques, took the time to explain the testing results, diagnosis and treatment options in a professional and caring manner, and ultimately performed my robotic prostatectomy surgery with outstanding results. I highly recommend Dr. Wagner.
      Joe M. in Glastonbury, CT – Jan 23, 2019
      ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Wagner, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Wagner?

Dr. Wagner accepts

Dr. Wagner accepts the following insurance:

Access Blue New England Network-CT
      Harvard Pilgrim Health Care PPO
      Oxford Health Plans
      Freedom Plan
      Oxford Liberty

No malpractice claims found for Connecticut

Male Reproductive Medicine

Male reproductive medicine specialists diagnose and treat conditions related to male fertility and reproductive health through procedures such as vasectomy or vasectomy reversal, intrauterine insemination, and intracytoplasmic sperm injection.Compare with other Male Reproductive Medicine specialists.

Typically treats 69% more than similar doctors

• Bladder Stones
      • Bladder Surgery
      • Bleeding Disorders
      • Blood Disorders
      • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
      • Breast Cancer
      • Chronic Interstitial Cystitis
      • Chronic Kidney Diseases
      • Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
      • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
      • Colorectal Cancer
      • Complex Penile Surgery
      • Congenital Obstruction of Ureteropelvic Junction
      • Cystectomy
      • Cystotomy
      • Cystourethroscopy and Transurethral Resection of Bladder Neck
      • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
      • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
      • End-Stage Renal Disease
      • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
      • Erectile Dysfunction
      • Esophageal Diseases
      • Gynecologic Cancer
      • Head and Neck Cancer
      • Hemophilia
      • Hemophilia A
      • Hydronephrosis
      • Hypercoagulable State
      • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
      • Interstitial Cystitis
      • Kidney Cancer
      • Kidney Disease
      • Kidney Infection
      • Kidney Infection, Acute
      • Kidney Stone Pain (Renal Colic)
      • Kidney Stone Removal
      • Male Infertility
      • Myelodysplastic Syndromes
      • Myeloproliferative Disorders
      • Neurogenic Bladder
      • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
      • Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma
      • Oral Cancer
      • Orchiectomy
      • Orchiopexy for Undescended Testicle
      • Overactive Bladder
      • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
      • Pancytopenia
      • Partial Cystectomy With Robotic Assistance
      • Pelvic Exenteration (For: Gynecologic, Urinary, or Colorectal Malignancy)
      • Penile Implants
      • Peyronie's Disease
      • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
      • Prostate Cancer
      • Prostate Removal
      • Prostatectomy With Robotic Assistance
      • Prostatitis
      • Purpura
      • Reticulosarcoma
      • Secondary Malignancies
      • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
      • Sleep Disorders
      • Urinary Bladder Reconstruction With Robotic Assistance
      • Urinary Disorders
      • Urinary Incontinence
      • Urinary Stones
      • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
      • Urinary-Genital Tract Fistula, Female