Dr. Joseph Vijungco, MD

Dr. Joseph Vijungco, MD

Vascular Surgery  |

Dr. Joseph Vijungco, MD is a vascular surgery doctor who practices in Chandler, AZ. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 21 years. Dr. Vijungco is affiliated with Dignity Health - Chandler Regional Medical Center, Banner Heart Hospital, Mountain Vista Medical Center, Banner Baywood Medical Center and Dignity Health - Mercy Gilbert Medical Center.

Discover Vein & Vascular Center, PLLC

1840 W Chandler Blvd # D2

Chandler, AZ 85224

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Arizona Foundation
  • Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS)
  • Banner Health
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Care 1st Health Plan
  • CorVel
  • Fortified Provider Network
  • Galaxy Health Network

Learn about Dr. Vijungco

I believe that vascular operations should be presented to a patient in a compassionate, ethical, & responsible manner. Instead of going to the operating room with anxiety, I believe a patient should go to the operating room with 100% confidence.

Dr. Vijungco's Experience

Dr. Vijungco's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Vascular Surgery
  • Board certified in General Surgery and Vascular Surgery

• Vascular Surgery

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
  • Vascular Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Surgery*

• Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)
  • Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Acute Stroke
  • Carotid Bruit
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Vascular Disease
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chronic Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Chronic Venous Embolism Thrombosis
  • Claudication
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Embolus
  • Peripheral Arterial Dissection
  • Peripheral Arterial Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Peripheral Artery Disease
  • Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Phlebitis and Thrombophlebitis
  • Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
  • Thromboembolism
  • Thrombophlebitis
  • Thrombosis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Varicose Veins

• Vascular Surgical Procedure
  • Vein Treatment
  • Venous Closure
  • Venous Sclerotherapy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Boston College
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2002
  • Northwestern University Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2004

• Top Surgeon Award by the American Consumers' Council, 2010

Dr. Vijungco does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Vijungco and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Vijungco's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Vijungco to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Vijungco's Performance
in Mesa, AZ |
Dr. Vijungco is very easy to talk to. He takes the time to listen and understand any patient concerns or questions you may have. His diagnosis and explanation of a treatment plan are very easy to understand because he talks in layman's language not just all the medical terminology. His office staff are always very friendly and couteous.
in Chandler az |
The staff is so friendly and helpful. Dr Vijungco too. I have visited several times and I have found it to be a very efficient office. No waiting or little waiting and a happy staff. Great office. When they say they will take care of paper work, they actually do it!!
Great experience and blessed he was recommended by Dr. Bell
in Mesa, AZ |
Dr V operated on mom's carotid artery.Mom was stroking in recovery,was sent to her room still stroking/ bleeding in her brain Dr V started another surgery w/o checking on her.So while I watched her stroke out and paralyzed there was no rush back to OR.2nd surgery/didn't know what white blob was. In room again her throat closed,her entire neck swelled w/blood,V came from home to open again.Saw him 3 days later to check Neurologists story of films.V never acknowledged us.We are financially ruined!
in Phoenix, AZ |
I would recommend to anyone for various reasons.I feel he is a top in his field.He really cares about the patient almost to the point were I felt I was talking to my own family.His follow up care after my surgery was excellent I couldn't asked for better care.His bed side manor reminds me of doctors back in the 1950s when the patient was always first he shows real compassion for his patients. fixed my what is called the triple (A) (saved my life) I think his office staff is second to none
Mesa, AZ |
Dr. Vijungco was very friendly but professional. He put me at ease and made me feel very comfortable with the procedures. My initial appointment was with the Nurse Practitioner but Dr. Vijungco came into the appointment to give his opinion which I was thought was very good.
in Gilbert, AZ |
I have every confidence in my treatment by dr Vijungco he is thorough and has wonderful dr/patient skills. Also his staff is courteous, kind and knowledgeable of their duties
in Gilbert, AZ |
Dr is very knowledgeable. Would not go any where else. Very busy office, sometimes there is a wait but worth it. I have a lot of trust in Dr Vijungco and his staff
in APACHE JUNCTION |
This organization, from the front desk to the technicians to doctor Vijungco should be held by other medical groups as a standard to achieve.
Phoenix, AZ |
The staff is not properly trained and do not know how to maintain a sterile environment. Dr. Vijungco,s Care Philosophy is "presented to a patient in a compassionate, ethical & responsible manner." Dr. Vijungco does not live up to his philosophy.
in San Tan Vally, AZ |
Great experience. Everyone from front office to the doctor were very professional, courteous, and friendly. Did not feel rushed off like many doctors do! Very important quality to me.
in Mesa, AZ |
Dr. Vijungco is very thorough when explaining any procedures and what to expect from them. His follow up care is hands down the best I've had. His Ultrasound Techs are amazing too!
in Gilbert, AZ |
The worst service ever!!!!! This review is for the doctor; your staff is tarnishing your reputation. Here are some of the frustrations: • Scheduling date to visit, I take a day off and show up on time, a staff member tells then that my appointment was rescheduled or cancelled. Furthermore, they would lie and say that we called you and left a message. There were no messages 4 times that this happened, there was one message an hour before the appointment was cancelled.
in Mesa, AZ |
I feel very fortunate to be a patient of Dr. Vijungco's. He and the entire staff are top notch!
in Mesa, AZ |
Dr. Vijungco has a friendly, well experienced manner. He defines your problem (or lack of) in an easily understood manner. I would recommend him very highly as the best in his field!!
in Phoenix, AZ |
One of Phoenix's Top Docs, and rightly so. My mother's surgeon. Takes time to explain everything in a highly personable manner.
in mesa, az |
Dr. Vijungco diagnose me with PAD and had surgery right away.The surgery was scheduled for 4 hours and it took 9, he tried less evasive solutions before he realized the only way to save my leg was a arterial by-pass( he also had to deal with 2 blood clots). Dr. Vijungco went above and beyond what I think most doctors would of done! I am still having some problems due to my PAD, I still see him about every 6 months but because he is very caring & a conscientious person this makes him GREAT!
in Chandler, AZ |
I chose Dr. Vijungco based on positive experience at Chandler Regional Medical Center and his reputation as a top-notch vascular surgeon. He diagnosed me with chronic vein insufficiency after examination and ultrasounds. He explained the treatment he recommended which is called the Venefit procedure. The procedure went smoothly and the pain I previously felt in my legs is completely gone. He does followup exams and ultrasounds to monitor any changes. I would recommend him 100%.
in mesa, AZ |
He explains everything, he cares, he follows up, would highly recommend him.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Overall very happy with the whole team. I'm love how quick they are with the services they have provided. Not much else to say. Just very happy and I love how everyone is straight to the point and how they don't waste my time with empty conversation.
in Chandler, AZ |
I had a very positive experience with Dr. Vijungco. I presented my issue, had tests done, and was seen with a thorough follow-up appointment. He was personable to the extent that he is knowledgeable and knows what he's talking about. He was very doctor-like in nature. He wants to hear your problem and get to the bottom of it. The office staff was friendly and efficient.
in Mesa, AZ |
laid back friendly staff and doc kept the explanation simple in layman's terms and clearly explained what few medical terms he had to use
in Chandler, AZ |
Dr Vijungco was a life saver when my husband needed help the most. He saw us at the last minute the week of Christmas and assertively walked us through what needed to happen to save my husbands hand. He did a series of surgerys on and around Christmas and even went back up Christmas evening to check on him. With each visit we felt like he had my husbands best interest at heart. It was a very stressful time for my family and the only way we got through it was having complete trust in our Dr.
Chandler, AZ |
3 ultrasounds & 6+ office visits. After a year of constant followup on my part I kept getting a standard vague response of waiting on insurance approval. Staff said I am well within the ranges for approval. The last call to them they stated they would need to do another ultasound & submit it again for approval. Thousands out of pocket spent & wasted, I could have just paid out of pocket for the procedure. My physician that I trust recommended Dr. Vijungco, I will be asking for someone else.
Mesa, AZ |
The Dr was knowledgeable and friendly. When I had some procedures done, I felt he was taking care of me in the best way possible. The real problem was with several of his office staff that wouldn't return calls. I was told I would receive a call in two weeks about insurance & scheduling but she didn't call. When I called, I could only leave her messages. This went on for weeks with me calling everyday. If I hadn't already spent so much time getting to that point I would have cancelled! Grrr!
in Mesa, AZ |
I had the procedures done on both legs and pain was worse after eight months. My legs are scared from the sutures that looked like upholstery thread. Ended up going to another doctor to have the vein procedure done correctly; since the first procedure did not work and the veins were still not working.
in Mesa, AZ |
I love Dr. Vijungco. I think he is super intelligent, has really studied what he does, I feel very safe in his care, he is a wonderful doctor. He really explains things so you can understand what he is talking about and he is very easy to talk to. I know I can trust him to do what is best for me.
in Chandler, AZ |
I developed a DVT after knee surgery and my family doctor referred me to a Hematologist. I was immediately prescribed a blood thinner and after 6 months was told to stop taking them. The Hematologist referred me to Dr. Vijungco who was very familiar with my problem and knew how to treat me. I recently had my annual checkup with Dr. Vijungco. My DVT is gone and I will be forever grateful to Dr. Vijungco and his staff. If you require vascular care, you will be in excellent hands.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Very pleased with my first meeting with Dr Vijungco. Clear explanation of the procedures that will follow and why he will be treating me this way.
in Mesa,az |
Awful staff, waiting time to long to spend 5 mind with doc
in Mesa, AZ |
The office staff is horrible. I have called the office numerous time, with no call back. They have lied to me about talking to my insurance. They have no concern for the way they treat their patients. Jennifer and the office manager Jenny, will NOT call you back. I switched to another office and sent in the form to have my records sent to them and they did not do it. I called the office and they said they were doing it that day. Over a week later they did not send my records. I would not go here
in Irvine, CA |
My father, 69 yo former smoker with a 7cm AAA is doing great right after his procedure. Doc was extremely informative, poised as was his team. Double stent placed and we look forward to s mouth recovery. Great people do great things.
Phoenix, AZ |
Office got me in right away with one call from my Doctor about needing an appointment as soon as possible.
in Casa Grande, AZ |
Dr. Vijungco is a no-nonsense excellent surgeon, and we would strongly recommend him to anyone who has vascular problems.
Have you seen Dr. Joseph Vijungco, MD?
Are you Dr. Vijungco?

Visit Dr. Vijungco

Dr. Vijungco accepts 27 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Arizona Foundation
  • Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS)
  • Banner Health
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Blue Cross
    Galaxy Health Network PPO
  • Health Net
    Health Net PPO
    Medicare HMO
  • Health Net of Arizona, Inc.
    Health Net of Arizona HMO