Family Medicine  |
Dr. Joseph Vandergriff, MD
Dr. Joseph Vandergriff, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Myrtle Beach, SC. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 21 years. Dr. Vandergriff is affiliated with Grand Strand Health – Grand Strand Medical Center.

CAROLINA FOREST FAMILY MEDICINE

4022 Postal Way

Myrtle Beach, SC 29579

Learn about Dr. Vandergriff

Dr. Vandergriff's Experience

Dr. Vandergriff's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

• Family Practice
    Accredited by: American Board of Family Medicine*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

• Univ Of Tn Hlth Sci Ctr
    Medical School | Graduated 1996
  • Erlanger Medical Center Baroness Campus
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1997
  • Univ Of Tenn/Erlanger Hosp
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2000

Dr. Vandergriff has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Vandergriff does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Vandergriff and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Vandergriff's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Vandergriff to family and friends
3.2
Dr. Vandergriff's Performance
Myrtle Beach, SC |
Dr. Vandergriff is a thoughtful physician, who does not practice one size fits all medicine. He connects the dots, is respectful and observant. He is not a rubber stamp doctor. If you're looking for someone to just write your scripts and do the tests, that's not him. He learns your history, reviews your medications makes recommendations, listens to your input. He doesn't rush to test, rush to prescribe or rush to judgement. I am very grateful to have found Dr. Vandergriff.
in Myrtle Beach, SC |
Probably the most professional and helpful MD I have come across. I came back to SC and immediately looked him up. I can not be more pleased with him and his staff. He treats all my illnesses with respect and compassion. When I read two negative reviews, I have to wonder what attitude they walked in with..because it is just is not him..Hoping he stays in MB for a long long time...
Myrtle Beach, SC |
Dismissive and disrespectful. Doesn't let you fully explain your problems and makes judgements based on how you look rather than the medical evidence. Don't expect any sympathy when you have depression from pain and a loved one who just had a heart attack. I have never had a Physician talk to me in such a disrespectful manner as him. I would never recommend him to anyone! Wait time was 1-1/2 hrs. Fortunately there are other Physicians with good bedside manners.
in Murrells Inlet, SC |
Dr. Vandergriff is very good doctor that takes time to hear what you are saying and will explain what is going on. He has been very personable and friendly every time I have gone to see him. He cares for his patients
in Myrtle Beach, SC |
I would never recommend Dr. Vandergriff to anyone. He was rude, insulting, and unprofessional. The absolute worst doctor I have ever seen.
in Myrtle Beach, SC |
I was in from out of town visiting my sick father, and realized I had to stay longer. I ran out of medication and went to Urgent Care. Not only did they not tell me all I had to do was call my doctor to call into the CVS, they had me wait 2 hours before telling me the doc who prescribes controlled substances would be in the next day. I don't have enough room here, but the outcome is, they were paid $90 to lecture me and left me without necessary meds. I filed a complaint with the AMA.
in Myrtle Beach, SC |
Dr. Vandergriff told me my problem was viral and antibiotics would do me no good. This was before doing a complete exam. He told me that he was sick, so he was avoiding contact. He lectured me & informed me that he had taken antibiotics only once in his life. I was not there to receive antibiotics and only wanted treatment for what was wrong. I had to go to a different doctor the next day. Through the wall, I heard him calling another patient an addict for asking for sleep med. DO NOT RECOMMEND
Have you seen Dr. Joseph Vandergriff, MD?
Are you Dr. Vandergriff?