Dr. Joseph Valentino, MD

Colorectal Surgery •  Male • Age 39

Dr. Valentino

10730 Nall Ave Overland Park, KS 66211

Dr. Joseph Valentino, MD is a Colorectal Surgery Specialist in Overland Park, KS. Dr. Valentino has more experience with Transplant Surgery than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities The University of Kansas Hospital – Indian Creek Campus and University Of Kansas Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Valentino to book an appointment.

Compare with other Colorectal Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Valentino with our nearby Colorectal Surgery Specialists at Menorah Medical Center.

Make an appointment at Menorah Medical Center today at (913) 232-2482.

provider hospital

These providers are on the medical staff of Menorah Medical Center.

Dr. Valentino's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Valentino

3.9

Dr. Valentino?
Dr Valentino is an EXCELLENT GI surgeon & gives his patients 110%. You don't choose a surgeon like you would a friend. You find the surgeon who is the most skilled. Dr Valentino was trained by the best, at The Cleveland Clinic, which was the initial reason I chose him. Most people don't need to have a long-term relationship with a surgeon, but I am not that fortunate. I have severe Crohn's & have required surgical intervention 7 times to date. The last 4 have been with Dr Valentino and all have been under less-than-ideal circumstances. In Jan 2019, my bowel perforated & my body was shutting down. They took me to the OR on a Sunday morning, but he wasn't on call. The dr who was rounding called him & he left a family event to ensure I was getting the best care possible. That year, I saw Dr Valentino more than any other dr. He made me feel well-cared for and safe. He did all he could to honor my wishes. I have the utmost respect for him & would recommend him to anyone.
Dustin K – May 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Valentino, MD?
I have been seeing Dr Valentino for awhile now, he's been great! He listens, he gives details, he's always gentle,nice and seems caring. Both of my surgery's have went smooth with no complications, I feel safe in Dr Valentinos care.
Holly – Apr 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Valentino, MD?
Dr. Valentino, no doubt, was instrumental in saving my life after being diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer. His care & concern for me personally, overall knowledge & confidence, leadership with interns, and detail in explaining treatments & outcomes, I would highly recommend Dr. Valentino. Three years later after the surgery & consistent follow up with Dr. V, I'm still cancer free. I love this guy!
Raytown, Mo. – Apr 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Valentino, MD?
Dr Valentino is very knowledgeable and took extra time with me to answer all my questions. I have Crohn’s, and it’s obvious he has lots of experience with patients like me. I feel better than I have in years. He really cared about doing the best and right thing for my disease, and it has paid off. I will absolutely go back to Dr Valentino if I ever need surgery again.
AM – Apr 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Valentino, MD?
Following a small bowel obstruction, I was diagnosed with neuroendrocine carcinoid cancer. As I searched for a medical team to provide treatment, I looked at groups near and far. I choose Joe Valentio because of his education, his experience and his skill as a surgeon. I was not disappointed with my decision. What I did not anticipate was the care and kindness that Dr. Valention provided. Dr. Valentio was there to answer questions from my wife and me and to reassure us when questions arose. His confidence gave us hope, his skill gave us results, his care gave us comfort.
BES – Apr 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Valentino, MD?
I was diagnosed with colon cancer in my 40s and referred to Dr. Valentino by the diagnosing physician. I was very apprehensive about hiring a dr who was younger than me. My spouse and I liked Dr. Valentino from the get-go. He was knowledgeable, personable and took the time to answer any questions we had during every clinical visit and while I was in the hospital. His personality is strong and confident, two traits I want in a doctor who's taking care of me when I'm in my most vulnerable state. He doesn't sugar coat your case or the risks, and he lays out your options clearly. Before I went in to surgery he met with us and answered every final question we had. When I cried in pre-op, he touched my shoulder, told me cancer was scary and it was OK to be scared. If I ever have this type of cancer again, he will most certainly be my first choice as surgeon.
TAM – Apr 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Valentino, MD?
A year ago, my husband had colorectal cancer. The surgery was performed by Dr. Valentino and initially we thought all went well. However, five days post surgery, my husband was in excruciating pain, disoriented, and could not sleep/eat. Ultimately, he went into septic shock and required a lifesaving surgery resulting in a 30-day stay in the ICU. A year later he still has not regained his strength, has some balance issues, and does not have the endurance he had prior to the surgery. I cannot, do not, and will not ever recommend Dr. Valentino. We fired him and have much more confidence in our replacement, whom we should have used in the first place. I agree with others who say Dr. Valentino has a God complex. He has zero personality, is callous, has a poor bedside manner and talks to patient/family as if they are residents, none of which are positive traits in a physician. Find someone else.
Apr 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Valentino, MD?
I came to the appointment after seeing a couple other colorectal surgeons in town. No other doctor took the time to listen to me like Dr. Valentino. He explained to me my condition, explained my treatments with and without surgery and even had his staff get me in with other providers that helped treat my condition. After having surgery I have never felt better. Honestly, I couldn't thank that office more. I would suggest him a million times to anyone who would listen.
Apr 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Valentino, MD?
Valentino may be capable surgeon, but get ready for his God complex. He will treat you like nothing but a set of numbers and you will be hospitalized forever. His own hospital staff silent cringe at his name. Dont accept him because they say its him or nothing. Pick NOT him.
Mar 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Valentino, MD?
My significant other had severe Ulcerative Colitis, which led to a six month flare up, losing 40lbs, chronic pain, & trying every medication with no relief; he made the decision to have his entire colon removed. The surgeries were performed by Dr. Valentino. The entire procedure was a total proctocolectomy with ileoanal pouch (J Pouch). Dr. Valentino did a phenomenal job, & now one year later, my significant other is living a pain-free, fulfilled life! I highly recommended Dr. Valentino.
Leawood, KS – Oct 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Valentino, MD?
With life long colon-rectal issues, I've seen several colon-rectal surgeons, and doctors. Frankly, I thought I had the best until I was hooked up with Dr Valentino, through an emergency. I will never go to anyone else or recommend anyone else, as highly. He's an incredible surgeon and care giver. He EXPLAINS everything and he has surrounded himself with an exceptional staff. It is to my deficit that I have not had this doctor all along. Superior in everyway. Seriously
Theresa Froese in Lenexa, KS – Jul 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Valentino, MD?
There's no doubt in my mind Dr. Valentino saved my life. His attention to detail and dedication led to finding a cancer, even when it was an unlikely outcome. He is kind and thorough, and always takes the time to go over any questions or concerns. I feel confident that he will follow up with me closely and that I'm in great hands.
Kansas City, KS – Mar 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Valentino, MD?
Dr. Valentino took time with my dad to explain the cancer and treatment options. He clearly is an expert and cares about his patients.
Mar 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Valentino, MD?
This is, by far, the worst Dr I've ever seen. His bedside manor is below poor. He has no empathy. He is very rough. He disregards anything you say. I wouldn't recommend this surgeon to my worst enemy.
Kansas City, KS – Oct 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Valentino, MD?
Zero stars for this Dr. He has no bedside manner, no consideration for the pain of his patients, (said you don't LOOK like you're in pain.) I feel for anyone else in his care.
Lila Chernoff in Kansas City, KS – Jul 03, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Valentino, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Valentino?

• Colorectal Surgery
  • Surgical Oncology

• Colon & Rectal Surgery
  • General Surgery

Cleveland Clinic Foundation

Common Questions and Answers

• Does Dr. Valentino communicate via email?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Valentino offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Valentino offer an online patient portal?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Valentino have free onsite parking?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Valentino offer weekend visits?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Valentino offer evening visits?

Please call the office to learn more. (913) 588-1227