Dr. Joseph Turner, MD

Ophthalmology | Male

Dr. Joseph Turner, MD
Dr. Joseph Turner, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Daphne, AL. He is 36 years old and has been practicing for 10 years. Dr. Turner is affiliated with Infirmary Health - Mobile Infirmary, Springhill Medical Center, Providence Hospital and Thomas Hospital.

Dr. Turner's Care Philosophy

Our philosophy is to educate the patient regarding his/her disorder and provide the patient with exceptional knowledge of the condition to make a well-informed decision regarding any intervention related to his/her care. We treat our patients with respect and strive to make the entire experience at the office or surgery center pleasurable and informative. We want to provide unparalleled patient care such that each of our patients will personally recommend our practice to friends and family.

Dr. Turner's Experience

See how Dr. Turner's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Turner

Dr. Turner accepts 6 insurance carriers

Dr. Turner is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Turner has admitting privileges.

Dr. Turner's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Turner to family and friends
Dr. Turner's Performance
in Foley, AL |
Dr Turner shows integrity and caring for his patients. He explains your condition thoroughly and is very willing to answer any and all questions you may have. Dr Turner also has a great sense of humor, which was important to me. I highly Recommend him to my family and friends.
Atmore, AL |
First visit was fine.
in Gulf Shores, AL |
Wonderful, polite man that listens and responds to every word. I recommend him to all that inqure of him to me. His staff and assistants are all very knowledgeable and polite as well. Dorothy W. Basinger
in Fairhope, AL |
I use Dr. Turner as my family ophthalmologist and he also provided cataract surgery on both my eyes. I have been very impressed with the professionalism of Dr. Turner and his staff. I have received excellent care and attention in all of our interactions. I appreciate the personal touches, such as calling me after surgery, which made me feel like a name and not just a number on a schedule. I am sure to recommend to others. Sandra Fortner
Fairhope, AL |
Dr Turner seems to very knowledgeable and I really liked him as a doctor. I did not like waiting over 2 hours to see him. My appointment was scheduled weeks in advance. From what I saw in the waiting room numerous patients were scheduled for the same time to see him.
in Daphne, AL |
Dr. Turner is an excellent doctor. He fully explains all your options regarding care and explains things so that you can understand and make an informed decision. Before surgery he comes into the room to make sure you are comfortable and ready to go. Your anxiety levels drops which makes for a more successful surgery. I WOULD NOT CHANGE DOCTORS
in Foley, Alabama |
I would highly recommend Dr. Turner. He combines compassion & caring with a very high level of skill. From the first visit, I have been treated with respect and care and have had great support throughout a variety of eye surgeries. Have always been given the full story and been helped in making the right decision. His staff reflect his care approach and are great also.
in Orange Beach, AL |
Dr. Turner is a GREAT doctor. He saved my eyesight and is so caring and concerned for each and every one of his patient's. He does not watch the clock and gies his patients the individual care they need. I have recommended him to everyone and have always heard the same comments that I have made. THANK YOU Dr. Turner for your brillant knowledge and care. Also thank you for a wonderful staff. They are also awsome.
Foley, AL |
I highly recommend Dr Turner and his staff. They make you feel at ease while they conduct the yes exam.
in Fairhope Al |
Dr. Turner performed my cataract surgery a year ago. We chose to use mono vision correction since I was used to it with my contact lenses. It has been amazing. My distance vision is excellent and close up does not require reading glasses as all! I was also diagnosed with age related macular degeneration 2 years ago. After the surgery, the AMD has stabilized and my vision is wonderful. My husband is also a patient with diabetes. I highly recommend this physician. Thanks for all you do Dr. Turner
Summerdale, AL |
Great doctor! Knows his stuff! Has treated my husband's uveitis and will take care of my cataracts when the time comes. Came highly recommend from multiple friends. Some of them have had serious eye issues which were very successfully treated by Dr. Turner. Highly recommend!
Gulf Shores, AL |
Did great job with my cataract surgery. Called that evening to check on me.
in Daphne, AL |
Dr. Turner is highly skilled, appears to love what he does and presents an atmosphere of competence which commands trust and calm on my part. I have felt perfectly at ease with him performing procedures on my eyes.
Daphne, AL |
A very caring and skilled physician.
in Fairhope, Al. |
Dr, Turner and his staff are kind, considerate and knowledgeable about your eye condition. I had my cataracts removed and it was a very smooth surgery. I enjoyed meeting Dr. Turner and his staff, and they all worked together to make my surgery a safe and pleasant experience. I would definitely tell my friends and family to consider this doctor and this practice. Thank you , Dr. Turner-it is great to see again! Thank you so much. Sharon Strassburg
in Fairhope, AL |
Dr. Turner is an excellent patient centered physician. He is kind and considerate. He is skilled in his specialty and always follows up on his patients after surgery.
Daphne, AL |
Love Dr. Turner and his staff. Recommend them highly!
in Atmore, AL |
He is very personable, and seems to have a very positive personality. He worked diligently to try to diagnose my problem. He decided to refer me to Dr. Davidson, who is also with Premier. I am also very pleased with him, and have heard glowing reports on both of them from other patients. I am 100 percent pleased with my care by these two doctors.
Have you seen Dr. Joseph Turner, MD?
Are you Dr. Turner?

Compare Dr. Turner

Dr. Turner's Care Philosophy

Dr. Turner's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology
  •  Malpractice claims in Alabama not available

Dr. Turner has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

Why It Matters: Dr. Turner's Board Certifications

• Corneal Erosion
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Diabetic Cataracts
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

University of Oklahoma, Dean McGee Eye Institute

Completed in 2012

University of Alabama

Graduated in 2003

Dr. Turner does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Turner and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology

• Foreign Body Removal from Eye
  • Glaucoma Surgery
  • LASIK
  • Ocular Surface Reconstruction
  • Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK)
  • Pterygium Surgery
  • Refractive Surgery
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery