Dr. Joseph Trentacoste, MD

Dr. Joseph Trentacoste, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Joseph Trentacoste, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Miami Lakes, FL. He is 58 years old and has been practicing for 33 years. Dr. Trentacoste is affiliated with University of Miami Hospital.

15600 NW 67th Ave Ste 210

Miami Lakes, FL 33014

• AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • CHAMPVA

Learn about Dr. Trentacoste

See how frequently Dr. Trentacoste performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Ocular Surface Reconstruction
Cornea Surgery
Pterygium

Dr. Trentacoste's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ophthalmology

• Conjunctival Hemorrhage
  • Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Scar
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen
  • Retinal Detachment
  • Retinal Dystrophy
  • Retinal Hemorrhage
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP)
  • Senile Cataracts

• LASIK
  • Ocular Surface Reconstruction
  • Pterygium Surgery
  • Relaxing Incisions, Corneal
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

• Yale University Waterbury Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1985
  • Bascom Palmer Eye Institute
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1988

Dr. Trentacoste has no media or publications listed.

• French

Dr. Trentacoste does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Trentacoste and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Trentacoste's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Trentacoste to family and friends
Dr. Trentacoste's Performance
Hialeah, FL |
He has been seeing me since I was seven years old and now I am a 35 year old woman. He is amazing, professional, knowledgeable, and human. He performed my Lasek surgery 11 years ago and I have a vision of 20/15. I recommend him highly to anyone looking for routine eye care to surgery.,Absolutely the best!
in Hialeah, FL |
Extrememly kind and a true professional. He makes sure his patient is ready for a procedure before it's done. He gave me the confidence to trust him and I would recommend his craft to anyone looking to have Lasek surgery!
in Miami, FL |
On May 3rd and May 10th 2017, I got lasek eye surgery on both eyes. Honestly, I'm truly amazed at how perfect my vision has become. I have a 15/20 vision. I was doubtful and afraid to get eye surgery, but honestly after the easy procedure and recovery process. I am truly happy with the results but most importantly, I'm even more happier that I've trusted my eyes with an epic ophthalmologist like Dr. Trentacoste. He's super professional and very helpful with my surgery procedure.
Hialeah, FL |
Mine has been an excellent experience with Dr. Trentacoste. Initially I was considering the possibility of the lasek surgery. I had a long conversation with Dr. Trentacoste and after some tests, he told me that I was a candidate for the surgery. He explained very clear and in detail about the surgery and post-surgery. Everything went according to what he explained to me. I did not feel any discomfort during or after surgery. I recommend Dr. T without any hesitation.
in miami, fl |
Amazing doctor and cataract surgeon! I researched and met many doctors before deciding on Dr. Trentacoste and I'm glad I did. Surgery was flawless, no pain during or after surgery, no complications – it's almost as though I never had surgery and just woke up with perfect eyes. This doctor really cares about his patients. His office is well run and happy. This is the guy you want handling your eyes and performing surgery.
in Pembroke Pines |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Trentacoste. Not only he is a great Dr, he really knows how-to connect well with patients to make you feel very comfortable about the procedure. My experience and the results were excellent!
Cambridge, MA |
He's very knowledgeable, trustworthy, and exercises great care in treating patients. He's also generous with his time and responds well to patients' needs. My whole family, since my grandparents, have been his patients; I became a patient when I was <10yrs. I've been living away from Miami for 8+ years and still make appointments with him anytime I know I’ll be visiting my parents! I trusted him to perform LASEK on both my eyes with astigmatism in Sept. 2012, and both eyes are better than 20/20!
in Orlando, FL |
Dr. Trentacoste is more than an excellent doctor. My experience with him has been more than satisfactory. My eyes has never been better than what it is now, and I have him to thank for. He is a really approachable doctor that you can actually talk to, unlike doctors I have experienced before. He actually cares for his patients and is willing to go above and beyond for them.
in Cooper City Fl |
He removed my cataracts and my eyes are perfect. Saw him today for annual checkup and everything is in great condition. I highly recommend him.
in Hallandale, FL |
Comforting, patient doctor, he was a referral, and I'm so glad I chose to go with him. Highly recommend to anyone looking for this type of surgery
in Palm Bay, FL |
Got LASEK with Dr. T and everything went better then expected. Excellent communication, professionalism and very skilled and knowledgeable doctor. I am very happy I went for Dr. T.
Miami, FL |
Dr. Trentacoste was thoroughly knowledgeable, attentive, patient, incredibly accommodating, and generally fantastic. He made me feel comfortable with every aspect of the lasek experience, at each step along the way. He even called to check on me the evening following the procedure for each eye. Highly recommend!
in Miami, FL |
Dr. Trentacoste is one of the most caring doctor I have had, he is always available to ask question or when you have any concerns. He makes sure that you are informed about the procedure and to do the best work possible so you have the best results possible.
in Hialeah, FL |
Dr. T is amazing! The consultation was quick, easy, and informative. The surgery itself was a breeze. He made sure to accommodate my busy schedule for my follow up appointments. One year later for my one year post -op appointment, my vision is still better than 20/20. I recommend Dr. T to all my family and friends. He is the best!
Hialeah, FL |
Great doc! So caring & very skilled!
in Miami Beach, FL |
I had Lasek surgery with Dr. Trentacoste 11 years ago and still have perfect vision. After 20 years of glasses and contacts, it was such blessing to have been referred to him. Lasek completely changed my life.
Hialeah FL |
I have been a patient of Dr Trentacoste for many years. He listens to my concerns and does a very thorough exam. I have referred two co workers to him who tell me they will never go back to their previous ophthalmologist.
in Miami, FL |
Dr. Trentacoste has been my doctor since 2009. He is an amazing doctor with a lot of patience for picky patients like myself. He also has a heart of Gold and goes above and beyond to care for all his patients' needs. He also has the most professional and kindest staff.
in Miami Lakes, FL |
Dr. Trentacoste is an Outstanding professional, ever since the first consultation to assess whether I was going to be an eligible candidate for Lasik he provided the uttermost trust. He came highly recommended by my primary ophthalmologist and also he had performed Lasik for my cousin as well. Dr. Trentacoste is simply the best Dr that you could do Lasik with I went from a -1.75 Myopia to a 20/15 on both eyes I would recommend him as well as his staff, not only that he has a great sense of humor
Have you seen Dr. Joseph Trentacoste, MD?
Are you Dr. Trentacoste?

Visit Dr. Trentacoste

Dr. Trentacoste accepts 14 insurance carriers
  • AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
    Blue Preferred Patient Care PPO
  • CHAMPVA
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
    Neighborhood Health Partnership