Dr. Joseph Surdacki, MD

Pulmonary DiseaseMaleAge 59

Telehealth services available

Pulmonary Assocs North Dallas

3032 E Hebron Pkwy Carrollton, TX 75010

Dr. Joseph Surdacki, MD is a Pulmonologist in Carrollton, TX and has over 33 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Surdacki has more experience with Obstructive Lung Disease and Sleep Apnea than other specialists in his area. He graduated from University Of Texas Medical School At Houston medical school in 1988. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Carrollton Regional Medical Center and Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Surdacki to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Pulmonologists in your area

Hospital Highlight

Affiliated with The Heart Hospital Baylor Plano Plano, a highly rated hospital.

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Pulmonary Care Excellence Award™ See hospitals

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Frequently Treated by Dr. Surdacki

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Surdacki treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Surdacki treats other conditions, please contact the office at (972) 865-2880.

Obstructive Lung Disease

Obstructive lung disease specialists diagnose and treat conditions including COPD, emphysema, asthma and cystic fibrosis that cause blockages or narrowing in the airways of the lungs, making breathing difficult.Compare with other Obstructive Lung Disease specialists.

Dr. Surdacki is experienced in the area of Obstructive Lung Disease. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 5 conditions and procedures

Treatments
Similar Providers
COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
Asthma
Bronchiectasis
Emphysema
Normal
High
Very High

Sleep Apnea

Sleep-disordered breathing specialists diagnose and treat conditions, such as snoring or obstructive sleep apnea, in which breathing is interrupted during sleep, resulting in symptoms of fatigue, irritability and high blood pressure.Compare with other Sleep Apnea specialists.

Dr. Surdacki is experienced in the area of Sleep Apnea. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

Very High

Check Dr. Surdacki's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Surdacki's conditions and procedures:

• Acute Bronchitis
  • Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
  • Asbestosis
  • Asthma
  • Bronchiectasis
  • Bronchitis
  • Bronchoscopy
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Cough
  • Smoking Cessation Counseling
  • Thoracentesis
  • Wheezing

Dr. Surdacki accepts

Dr. Surdacki accepts the following insurance:

Ambetter

Dr. Surdacki's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Surdacki

4.0

Dr. Surdacki?
  • Office environment (22)
  • Appointment scheduling (21)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (21)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (6)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (6)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (5)
Dr Joseph Surdacki, what a great doctor! Highly professional with years of experience. The words are not enough to describe his compassion for his patients, understanding your problems and fear, devotion to your wellbeing and so much more! I already recommended him to my family and friends, but if you are looking for a pulmonologist in this area, Dr. Joseph Surdacki will give you hope and the right treatment to add years to your life. His staff is extremely courteous and professional, from the time you step in his office, you will feel they do everything to take care of you. Thanks so much Dr. Joseph Surdacki!
Ana M. – Aug 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Surdacki, MD?
My review is almost 17 years overdue. In May 2003, I as admitted to the hospital due to breathing difficulty as well as the results of an x-ray. Dr. Surdaki was the pulmonologist assigned to me. His diagnosis was ARDS. I was in intensive care for 10 1/2 weeks with about a month of that in a drug-induced coma. After having a Tracheotomy, lung biopsy, and every tube under the sun attached, and most of all by the grace of God and the expert care of Dr. Surdaki, I was able to be moved to a rehab center where I learned to walk again and function again. One of favorite quotes from Dr. Surdaki when I was wanting more than ice chips was "We want to be aggressive, but we don't want to be cavalier." I continued to see him for a time post hospitalization. I returned full time to my teaching job by the 1st week in October. We moved from the area in 2006, but I scheduled an appointment with him in 2013 for a 10-yr checkup. I give him much credit for my complete recovery. He is the best!
C Dennis – Jan 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Surdacki, MD?
For years my husband struggled with asthma. When he started seeing Dr. Surdacki he was using a rescue inhaler almost every hour of every day and struggled to breath. ER visits, medication changes and breathing treatments were a way of life. I can't begin to express how much better life is for my husband now since Dr. Surdacki took over his care. The doctor worked a miracle just by taking the time to look at everything like my husband's work and home life. We never feel as if we are just a dollar amount like most other doctors we have seen in the past. It has been 3 years now and we have had ZERO hospital visits for asthma. When my husband feels he's having a problem the staff have always been great about getting him treated by Dr. Surdacki or Lezlie. I can honestly say that I trust this Doctor and his practice to make sure my husband stays with me for many more years to come.
M Drake – Dec 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Surdacki, MD?
During my first visit with Dr. Surdacki, he spent an hour going through my history and thoroughly explaining the cause of my symptoms and treatment. Each visit, he and his staff spend more than enough time with me to ensure the treatments are working for me.
Jeff H – Nov 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Surdacki, MD?
My daughter took me to see him and I am so glad she did. Would recommend him to anybody needing his service...
Jan 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Surdacki, MD?
Made an appointment and when we arrived they they told us it was a different time and day. Very rude doctor and not willing to say they made a mistake is scheduling an appointment. Would not recommend them to anyone.
Greenville, TX – Nov 01, 2017
It is certainly true that a mistake was made with...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Surdacki, MD?
I was recently referred to Dr. Surdacki for a lung problem by my cardiologist. I was a little scared not knowing what was wrong. It was a joy to work with him. His reception staff already had my file set up; no waiting, my appointment was at 2:15, went right in. The Nurse PA did the work-up and I thought, ok probably wont see the Doctor. He actually came to the patient room and spent over 45 minutes answering my questions. He even went over my meds with me. I would recommend Dr. Surdacki 110%.
Jim Gibbs in Carrollton, TX – May 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Surdacki, MD?
I was a nurse for over 35 years. In my career I worked with a handful of exceptional doctors, many average doctors, and some worse than average doctors. I found that Dr Surdacki and his Physician Assistant Leslie far exceeded my expectations and provided me with very thorough care. I was amazed at the amount of time they each spent counseling and educating me on my illness and my health. I would strongly recommend these providers to anyone in the metroplex needing pulmonology care.
Lisa A. in lewisville, tx – Apr 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Surdacki, MD?
If you're a fan of assembly line medicine, Dr. Surdacki is not your guy. Dr. Surdacki practices medicine the way he wants to, not dictated by a corporation. He spent a full hour with us answering all of our questions, making sure we completely understood our situation. Down to earth. No God complex as with many specialists. Every person in his office has a fabulous attitude, something I cannot say for most medical offices I deal with.
Susan Dollar in Plano, TX – Mar 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Surdacki, MD?
The two times I went to see Dr. Surdacki were a nightmare, Very long waits, the Doctor was rude and arrogant, He thought he was God's gift to Pulmonary Doctors, I'm changing today, If you want rudeness and long waits this is the Doctor for you.
Fred Payne in Carrollton, TX – Feb 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Surdacki, MD?
Just like every other doctors office, be prepared to wait well past your appointment time, and pay money to spend 5 minutes with a doctor. That's a SLIGHT exaggeration; I was in their office for 58 minutes, and spent 8min6sec with the doctor. Yes, I timed them. Don't believe them when they say they're looking out for your best interests; they're looking out for their pocket book, and they will make you come in for every little thing and bill you for it.
Mae Rock in Carrollton, TX – Sep 01, 2016
Dear Ms Rock, I'm sorry you were so angry when we...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Surdacki, MD?
My Mother was his patient. She passed way due to complication of a Heart surgery. But while under Dr. Surdacki's care, no one could have asked for a more amazing, caring and loving Doctor. He took wonderful care of her. He will forever hold a place in my heart. I recommend him to anyone that needs him.
Mary Lou Hayes in Carrollton, TX – Jun 13, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Surdacki, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Surdacki?

University Of Texas Health Science Center- Houston