Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD

Dr. Shehadi
Telehealth services available

Neurosurgery Associates LLC

500 London Ave Marysville, OH 43040

Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Marysville, OH and has over 27 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Shehadi has more experience with Spine than other specialists in his area. He graduated from University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry medical school in 1993. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Dublin Methodist Hospital and Memorial Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Shehadi to book an appointment.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Neurosurgeons in your area

See similar Neurosurgeons in Marysville

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Shehadi accepts

Dr. Shehadi accepts the following insurance:

Balanced Blue Access-OH PPO
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
Blue Access Choice PPO
Blue Preferred HMO
Bureau of Workers' Compensation (BWC)
Worker's Compensation WC
Medical Mutual of Ohio
Mutual of Omaha
Priority Health
Priority PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Ohio

Spine

Spine specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the bones of the spine, including degenerative spine disease, herniated discs, stenosis, and fractured vertebrae, with treatments including medication, physical therapy, and surgery.Compare with other Spine specialists.

Typically treats 64% more than their peers

• Broken Neck
  • Carpal Tunnel Release
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD...

Communicate via email?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Offer an online patient portal?

Have free onsite parking?

Offer evening visits?

Dr. Shehadi's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Shehadi

Dr. Shehadi?
What People Say About Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD
Dr. Shehadi is fantastic! I had lower back pain, sciatica in my right leg and weakness in my left leg. He performed a T-11 through L-3 laminectomy and removed a 10cm lipoma from inside my spine. These are rare and usually only found in infants, not older adults. The surgery was two months ago and I would say I am 85% better. No more sciatic or lower back pain. Thank you!
Jeff Currence – May 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
Dr. Shehadi is the best. Removed a growth from between two discs and fused the 2 together. Pain immediately relieved following surgery, recovery superb--- remarkable. Felt near normal after 2 weeks, and at 4 weeks completely normal. Thanks Dr. Shehadi!!!!
Bill Sparks – Apr 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
The survey dr. Shehadi performed changed my life. I went from 10 out of 10 all the time pain. Numbness and weakness and an inability to do anything I liked to do. Now i am pain free, and completely off my pain medication. I am able to work run throw a ball with my son, and sleep without interruption.
Kirk – Mar 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
DR. Shahady and his team recently replaced an implant in my back to control pain from previous major back surgeries. The pain was increasing and could not be controlled by injections. His team implanted a new device which was much improved over the previous model. It has greatly improved my personal situation. My profound thanks to Dr Shahady and all the members of his team for their professionalism and their compassionate approach to me and my situation. I highly recommend this practice to anyone with a similar affliction as mine. I’m willing to to speak with anyone who wishes to share my experience anytime. My sincere thanks to the entire team. Dan Fisher
Mar 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
Dr. Shehadi has operated on me three times. Each surgery was very successful. One on my neck and both hands for carpal tunnel. Hardly any pain, extremely talented at what he does. As soon as the anesthesia wore off I could move my fingers normally again. My friends and family were amazed!! The best thing about him is he explains things well, tells his opinion, and lets you decide what to do. He has an excellent support staff. His surgery scheduler works very hard to make sure everything goes well. I absolutely love his bedside manner, very friendly, east to talk to. I'm having sciatica problems he is definitely the one I'm seeing. I would definitely recommend this doctor, love him!!
Kellie Heymann – Mar 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
My name is Yvette and my sister introduced me to Dr. Shehadi after I had seen the results of her surgery. I was very skeptical because I had thoracic back surgery in 1991 and the experience was not good. I had swore no more surgeries. Now at 65 the lower lumbar which I had been told years ago needed to be fixed had to be done. I met with Dr Shehadi and he reassured me he could fix my lower with a two part surgery. I took the leap of faith and felt very confident knowing Dr. Shehadi was an honest and spiritual doctor. The stay was only 3 days and returned at 5 weeks after standing straight up and taking steps which I had not done in years. I had been bent over not able to drive far and not able to walk long distances. I cannot speak on the kindness of the staff at his office enough. Looking forward to second part of surgery to stabilize everything. Something I never thought I would say. Dr. Shehadi truly has been touched by God to be a healer among men. I cannot thank them enough.
Yvette wenger – Jan 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
Excellent doctor! Highly recommend him if you need neurosurgery! I am a RN and have over 39 years of Nursing experience. I know a good physician when I meet one. He has very many patients who are doctors and nurses, and he came highly recommended. I shopped around and chose wisely, as I needed neck surgery. He is friendly, fair and honest. He is highly skilled and very qualified as well. I had my surgery in July and 3.5 months later and I am 95% pain free! I work at Mount Carmel, and was able to have my surgery at St.Ann’s. He practices primarily at Ohio Health (Grant and Riverside Surgery Centers) but also operates at St.Ann’s. I was in terrible pain prior to my surgery and could not function. My arms were in pain, as well as my neck and shoulders. Now, I just have a very small amount of residual stiffness in my neck with very minimal pain! Your Health is SO IMPORTANT! Take good care of yourself, and trust ONLY physicians who will take good care of you too.
Susan Hannan MSN, RNC, CHC – Nov 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
When I received an MRI which revealed a herniated disc in the lower back, I looked for a well recommended neurosurgeon. We chose to drive to Columbus, OH even though we lived in greater Dayton. Dr. Shehadi and his complete office staff were very professional and understanding. I had complete healing with only short term post-surgery pain. Now, one year later, I have the strength and mobility very much restored.
Harwood A. Hegna – Nov 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
I had a procedure with Dr. Shehadi on Friday morning. It was a bit more painful than expected but very very pleased so far with the out come. I highly recommend him without reservation. Helpful, caring and knows his stuff.
Jerry Borshm – Oct 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
This was my third back surgery in the last 3 1/2 years. I informed his office that this has to be the last one as I was tired of all the pain . Today was my 3 month check up to see how I was doing,how refreshed I looked, Dr Shehadi was amazed that I was at 97-98% healed and without pain medication since the day after surgery. If all of his patients were to do their homework on the side effects of painkillers, recovery time could be cut in half, just look at me, I did my homework.
William R Caldwell – Sep 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
Best Dr I have ever seen. I now walk normal after being paralyzed by another Dr. he is absolutely amazing
Aug 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
Dr. Shehadi is a great surgeon. He is excellent at what he does. Just had surgery last Tuesday and for as major as it was I’m doing great. Thanks so much doc!!
May 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
I had severe upper back/neck and shoulder pain along with numbness in my right arm and hand. After x-rays showed nothing and PT was ineffective, I had an MRI showing a herniated disk between C6 and C7. The Orthopedist I was seeing referred me to Dr. Shehadi. The initial consultation and follow-up with this CNP went well and surgery was scheduled. After a short battle with my insurance, which Dr. Shehadi's staff fought for me, I was ready to go. The surgery went well and I had almost no pain in the overnight stay at the hospital. I was sent up with a small amount of pain meds and only took 2 of them while recovering. I work from home and was able to return to my work only 4 days after surgery. Dr. Shehadi's staff was amazing in making me confident in the procedure I was about to undertake. 6 months, I am virtually pain and numbness free. The worst part of the entire procedure was a sore throat from the intubation and work around the throat area.
Apr 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
Dr Shehadi is one if the best physicians that I’ve ever been to. He has a terrific bedside manner and knows what he’s doing. Both my wife and I had back surgery under his care. If you are looking for a great neurosurgeon, your search is over!
Apr 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
Dr Shehadi is amazing!He is somewhat quirky,but is very personable.He has done surgery on my neck and my back.I am truly pleased with the reduction in pain and my ability to reduce my pain meds substantially.I truly think he cares about his patients and I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone.I can’t say I enjoyed the whole experience but Dr Shehadi was very informative so that we made the best choices for my issues.
Mar 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
I was in his office with my parents for a post op check up and removal of the staple, he was so arrogant and belittling to his nurse Tiffany that it was embarrassing! He was talking down to her and making fun of her as she was trying to remove the staples. She finally had enough and walked out of the exam room as this "doctor" followed her teasing her which resulted in a screaming match. I was not very fond of Dr. Shehadi from the start, he sings silly songs, texting and not very professional
Amy in Marion, OH – Mar 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
I would avoid going to this doctor. He was trying to sell me a back brace. He was joking with his assistant/trainee instead of being empathetic with my condition. The overall impression I got is he cared more about the money he was going to make off of me, rather than being interested in the condition itself.
LEWIS CENTER, OH – Feb 21, 2019
thank you for your comment. We are sorry that you...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
Follow up to my earlier review I had my second SI joint fused by Dr. Shehadi miracle worker!!! He knows his stuff, he is compassionate about his work he cares very deeply about his patients and listens to them. I highly recommend Dr. Shehadi and I am not a paid spokesperson. He went in great detail about what he was going to do and what to expect afterwards. Very great bedside manners which is an important skill set for a doctor to have
Grove City, OH – Jan 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
Dr Shehadi was great when he did my back surgery in 2015 and I felt great! The awesome Dr Shehadi was exposed 3 years later when I was having back pain. To make a long story short, I had become a hysterical women by listening to other professionals an individuals. Dr. Shehadi in a very calm way went thru all 3 test results one by one in a way that I fully understood. His time and patience was above and beyond to say the least. Today I am doing well, thanks to his understanding and caring.
RJ in Columbus, OH – Sep 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
Dr. Shehadi is the best, he did my neck surgery in April 2016 which made me 98% better. I'm having other issues now so of course, I wouldn't go to anyone else!
Janan Rowley in Chillicothe, MO – Jul 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Shehadi?

To provide state-of-the -art neurosurgical care with compassion, honesty and respect for every human life.

• Neurosurgery

1989
University Of Rochester

• French

More Information

• Does Dr. Shehadi communicate via email?

No users have indicated that Dr. Shehadi communicates via email

• Does Dr. Shehadi offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Shehadi offers telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Shehadi offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Dr. Shehadi offers an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Shehadi have free onsite parking?

No users have indicated that Dr. Shehadi has free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Shehadi offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Shehadi offers weekend visits

• Does Dr. Shehadi offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Shehadi offers evening visits