Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD

Neurosurgery ·  Male · Age 52

Dr. Shehadi

Neurosurgery Associates LLC

393 E Town St Ste 110 Columbus, OH 43215

Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Columbus, OH and has been practicing for 26 years. He graduated from University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry in 1993 and specializes in neurosurgery.

Dr. Shehadi accepts

Dr. Shehadi accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Blue Access Choice PPO
Blue Preferred HMO
Bureau of Workers' Compensation (BWC)
Worker's Compensation WC
Medicaid
Medical Mutual of Ohio
Mutual of Omaha

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Ohio

Check Dr. Shehadi's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Broken Neck
  • Carpal Tunnel Release
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Vertebral Column Tumors

To provide state-of-the -art neurosurgical care with compassion, honesty and respect for every human life.

• Neurosurgery

6.349206349206349%

Dr. Shehadi?
Dr. Shehadi's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD
Dr. Shehadi is a great surgeon. He is excellent at what he does. Just had surgery last Tuesday and for as major as it was I’m doing great. Thanks so much doc!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
I had severe upper back/neck and shoulder pain along with numbness in my right arm and hand. After x-rays showed nothing and PT was ineffective, I had an MRI showing a herniated disk between C6 and C7. The Orthopedist I was seeing referred me to Dr. Shehadi. The initial consultation and follow-up with this CNP went well and surgery was scheduled. After a short battle with my insurance, which Dr. Shehadi's staff fought for me, I was ready to go. The surgery went well and I had almost no pain in the overnight stay at the hospital. I was sent up with a small amount of pain meds and only took 2 of them while recovering. I work from home and was able to return to my work only 4 days after surgery. Dr. Shehadi's staff was amazing in making me confident in the procedure I was about to undertake. 6 months, I am virtually pain and numbness free. The worst part of the entire procedure was a sore throat from the intubation and work around the throat area.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
Dr Shehadi is one if the best physicians that I’ve ever been to. He has a terrific bedside manner and knows what he’s doing. Both my wife and I had back surgery under his care. If you are looking for a great neurosurgeon, your search is over!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
Dr Shehadi is amazing!He is somewhat quirky,but is very personable.He has done surgery on my neck and my back.I am truly pleased with the reduction in pain and my ability to reduce my pain meds substantially.I truly think he cares about his patients and I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone.I can’t say I enjoyed the whole experience but Dr Shehadi was very informative so that we made the best choices for my issues.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
I was in his office with my parents for a post op check up and removal of the staple, he was so arrogant and belittling to his nurse Tiffany that it was embarrassing! He was talking down to her and making fun of her as she was trying to remove the staples. She finally had enough and walked out of the exam room as this "doctor" followed her teasing her which resulted in a screaming match. I was not very fond of Dr. Shehadi from the start, he sings silly songs, texting and not very professional
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
I would avoid going to this doctor. He was trying to sell me a back brace. He was joking with his assistant/trainee instead of being empathetic with my condition. The overall impression I got is he cared more about the money he was going to make off of me, rather than being interested in the condition itself.
thank you for your comment. We are sorry that you...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
Follow up to my earlier review I had my second SI joint fused by Dr. Shehadi miracle worker!!! He knows his stuff, he is compassionate about his work he cares very deeply about his patients and listens to them. I highly recommend Dr. Shehadi and I am not a paid spokesperson. He went in great detail about what he was going to do and what to expect afterwards. Very great bedside manners which is an important skill set for a doctor to have
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
Dr Shehadi was great when he did my back surgery in 2015 and I felt great! The awesome Dr Shehadi was exposed 3 years later when I was having back pain. To make a long story short, I had become a hysterical women by listening to other professionals an individuals. Dr. Shehadi in a very calm way went thru all 3 test results one by one in a way that I fully understood. His time and patience was above and beyond to say the least. Today I am doing well, thanks to his understanding and caring.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
Dr. Shehadi is the best, he did my neck surgery in April 2016 which made me 98% better. I'm having other issues now so of course, I wouldn't go to anyone else!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
Dr. Shehadi and Kellie are the best! They listen and are attentive and care! There are few doctors and administrative assistance that can beat this! I feel safe and assured they will help!
Thank you so much!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
I experience lower back pain and burning in L4-S1 going now back of left leg while trying to walk. Dr Shehadi knew right away after looking at my MRI that I needed surgery. I had my surgery in April of this year and immediately afterwards I knew it was successful. I didn’t having the burning pain anymore. I am 6 week postoperative now and I can now walk 1 mile a day. Dr Shehadi is a very caring and personable doctor. He puts you at ease the very first time you meet him. He is the best!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
I came to Dr Shehadi after an auto accident and years of back problems. After trying conservative efforts it was deemed surgery was the only option. I am so glad I did I am at least 75%better at 3 months post surgery. I am doing physical therapy and still improving. I would recommend Dr Shehadi and his associates to everyone needing surgery. They have given my life back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
I HIGHLY recommend Dr Shehadi!! My back problems were gone immediately after surgery. Dr Shehadi is also very friendly and easy to talk to.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
Just had my 6 month post op appointment. Phenomenal process! 98% better. Before I was in constant pain, couldn't sleep much, walked hunched over and leaning to the side. Hurt to stand, walk, sit...just miserable. I was starting to get depressed. Not now! I can run, lift weights, work on my bikes, and do yard work. I am very thankful to my Lord Jesus and the gifted surgeon Dr. Joseph Shehadi! I went to 3 surgeons before I went to Dr. Shehadi. I knew as soon as I met him that he was the man!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
I met Dr. Shehadi after I suffered a crushed vertebrae in a car accident. His demeanor was so calming when he took time to personally visit me late that night in the ER before my surgery the next day. His skill is unsurpassed. He brought me back to a normal life. He & his staff always explain things completely so that I understand. I always have as much time as I need to ask questions and they give thorough, understandable answers. Everyone displays the same caring & comforting nature.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
Dr. Shehadi and his staff have been Absolutely phenomenal! I would recommend him to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
Dr Shehadi is a wonderful doctor he knows whats he doing he one of best very nice super kind and his staff is very nice and courteousness I would highly Recommend Dr Shehadi he a doctor thats listen and takes his time with you thank you for helping me
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
I’d highly recommend Dr Shehadi. He took all the time you needed to explain procedures or any questions. He fought the insurance company when they didn’t want to ok a test or procedure. He always found a solution to any issue. I am pain free now after acdf surgery so he has the skills needed. I am very thankful to him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
I was referred by my primary care physician for pain in my thigh due to a herniated disc. I had already tried oral steroids, physical therapy, chiropractic care, and a steroid injection in my back before the referral. Dr. Shehadi's office was quick to call and schedule an appointment. Dr. Shehadi felt that surgery was recommended since I had already been through the above and the office was able to schedule it within 2 weeks. He and his office staff are very pleasant and easy to work with.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
Page 2: When leaving a review you are limited to only 500 letters. Not enough! Dr. Shehadi and his staff are Top notch, professional, competent, compassionate, honest, and friendly people. Dr. Shehadi never pushed for surgery. He always gave me his honest opinion and surgery was last resort. I have been told by other medical professionals “ that he is a Genius” !! I agree! I feel very confident in referring Dr. Shehadi to anyone. You will not regret choosing him as your Health Care Professional
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Shehadi?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Shehadi treats patients.

Memorial Hospital