Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD

NeurosurgeryMaleAge 55

Neurosurgery

Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Columbus, OH and has over 29 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry medical school in 1993. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Dublin Methodist Hospital and Memorial Hospital. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD

Neurosurgery Associates LLC

393 E Town St Ste 110 Columbus, OH 43215 ()
Telehealth services available

Telehealth available

Compare with other Neurosurgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Shehadi with our nearby Neurosurgery Specialists at Cleveland Clinic.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Cleveland Clinic.

Dr. Shehadi's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Shehadi

1.2195121951219512%
1.2195121951219512%

Dr. Shehadi

Just a total mess. Initial appointment, 7/19/21, 30+ mils to Grant Med. Center, for what, at the time, was acute back pain. Dr. Shehadi indicated he really could not do anything until he sees an MRI, so he prescribes PT and an MRI. I start PT ASAP and get an MRI on the 30th. An additional appt was set for 8/20, that gets pushed out a MONTH to 9/24. I show up and he asks me for the disc with the MRI. Um, and I supposed to be prescient? He then takes off his mask and goes into a rant about having to wear masks, "you could die from anything" he says - so terrible care from a purported health care professional without a lick of sense! And, this guy does SURGERY?? Not for me, look out Marrietta and Athens, this is not a neurologist you want -- STEER CLEAR, find a neurologist with a brain! Oh, and he was upset that I used foul language after receiving horrendous health care and him not having the MRI and blaming me. "My office usually calls you" is not good health care.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
OhioJake – Sep 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
Excellent! 13 years ago he did a cervical fusion with no issues. I was so very happy to learn that he was still in practice when I needed a second cervical fusion. I just finished my 1st post op exam from my second cervical fusion and again no issues. He and his staff were wonderful. He has my vote for anyone needing a respectable neurosurgeon.
Paul Saizan – Jun 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
After waking up twice not being able to get out of bed because my left side was dead I started to find out why. Thanks to Dr. Shehadi he found pinched nerves in my cervical. After surgery, I immediately noticed when I woke up the pain in my shoulder was gone and I could move everything on my left side. Returning home after surgery I had no pain, I quit dropping things I picked up. Wearing the cervical brace for 6 weeks was easy and the bone stimulator is very easy to wear. Don't wait get it done now.
Linda – May 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
I have some spinal stenosis and some spinal problems caused by an injury which occurred in 2018. Dr Shehadi was the first among a number of Drs. I had seen to actually figure out what was wrong with me and suggest a very clear, concise method for fixing it. He explained the surgery to me in advance in language I could easily understand. He called me right over to the X-ray viewer, showed me what the problem was and explained how he intended to fix it. And then, he did exactly what he said he was going to do and solved my problem. Excellent experience for me from start to finish. Dr. Shehadi is a true professional and his staff, including Dr Anna Stroud and all the others I dealt with (Amy, Allah etc.) were wonderful people.
Douglas Green – Mar 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
Dr Shehadi told me he would get rid of my pain and he sure did...I have spinal stenosis had two rods on right side with three screws and two on left with two screws..The pain was gone immediately. I'm back to being me after being down all summer. He is the best...Thank you Dr and Anna.....
Sharon Riddle – Sep 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
Dr Shahadi offers stem cells too. He helped my father who had very bad knees. He is now doing great! Thank you dr Shahadi
Ryan B – Aug 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
Dr Shehadi and his staff are wonderful. Can’t say enough with how pleased I am with Dr Shehadi’s skill. I had severe spinal stenosis. And in a lot of pain After completing two surgeries I feel so much better. Would highly recommend Dr Shehadi.
Connie Tom – Aug 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
I have been dealing with pain and mobility issues for the last 27 yrs due to a lower back injury. Last 12 yrs I have been doing physical therapy routines to somewhat help with these issues. By late 2019 the routines no longer helped and surgery was necessary. Starting then the pain ranged from 5 to 9 most of the time in random locations between my lower back and my calves. Had occasional numbness in my legs and feet. Proper upright position when sitting and standing could not be done without causing pain. When laying down I was limited in my body positions that caused the least amount of pain and those positions varied each time. Walking caused discomfort from the start and quickly led to pain usually between 50-100 feet. Going up and down steps was painful. Dr. Shehadi did surgery on my lower back in mid June. It is now 1.5 months later. The pain is gone. Mobility has came back. I am capable of proper posture again. I can walk and do steps without pain. I would recommend Dr. Shehadi.
Patrick Brown – Jul 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
Dr. Shehadi is fantastic! I had lower back pain, sciatica in my right leg and weakness in my left leg. He performed a T-11 through L-3 laminectomy and removed a 10cm lipoma from inside my spine. These are rare and usually only found in infants, not older adults. The surgery was two months ago and I would say I am 85% better. No more sciatic or lower back pain. Thank you!
Jeff Currence – May 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
Dr. Shehadi is the best. Removed a growth from between two discs and fused the 2 together. Pain immediately relieved following surgery, recovery superb--- remarkable. Felt near normal after 2 weeks, and at 4 weeks completely normal. Thanks Dr. Shehadi!!!!
Bill Sparks – Apr 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
The survey dr. Shehadi performed changed my life. I went from 10 out of 10 all the time pain. Numbness and weakness and an inability to do anything I liked to do. Now i am pain free, and completely off my pain medication. I am able to work run throw a ball with my son, and sleep without interruption.
Kirk – Mar 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
DR. Shahady and his team recently replaced an implant in my back to control pain from previous major back surgeries. The pain was increasing and could not be controlled by injections. His team implanted a new device which was much improved over the previous model. It has greatly improved my personal situation. My profound thanks to Dr Shahady and all the members of his team for their professionalism and their compassionate approach to me and my situation. I highly recommend this practice to anyone with a similar affliction as mine. I’m willing to to speak with anyone who wishes to share my experience anytime. My sincere thanks to the entire team. Dan Fisher
Mar 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
Dr. Shehadi has operated on me three times. Each surgery was very successful. One on my neck and both hands for carpal tunnel. Hardly any pain, extremely talented at what he does. As soon as the anesthesia wore off I could move my fingers normally again. My friends and family were amazed!! The best thing about him is he explains things well, tells his opinion, and lets you decide what to do. He has an excellent support staff. His surgery scheduler works very hard to make sure everything goes well. I absolutely love his bedside manner, very friendly, east to talk to. I'm having sciatica problems he is definitely the one I'm seeing. I would definitely recommend this doctor, love him!!
Kellie Heymann – Mar 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
My name is Yvette and my sister introduced me to Dr. Shehadi after I had seen the results of her surgery. I was very skeptical because I had thoracic back surgery in 1991 and the experience was not good. I had swore no more surgeries. Now at 65 the lower lumbar which I had been told years ago needed to be fixed had to be done. I met with Dr Shehadi and he reassured me he could fix my lower with a two part surgery. I took the leap of faith and felt very confident knowing Dr. Shehadi was an honest and spiritual doctor. The stay was only 3 days and returned at 5 weeks after standing straight up and taking steps which I had not done in years. I had been bent over not able to drive far and not able to walk long distances. I cannot speak on the kindness of the staff at his office enough. Looking forward to second part of surgery to stabilize everything. Something I never thought I would say. Dr. Shehadi truly has been touched by God to be a healer among men. I cannot thank them enough.
Yvette wenger – Jan 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
Excellent doctor! Highly recommend him if you need neurosurgery! I am a RN and have over 39 years of Nursing experience. I know a good physician when I meet one. He has very many patients who are doctors and nurses, and he came highly recommended. I shopped around and chose wisely, as I needed neck surgery. He is friendly, fair and honest. He is highly skilled and very qualified as well. I had my surgery in July and 3.5 months later and I am 95% pain free! I work at Mount Carmel, and was able to have my surgery at St.Ann’s. He practices primarily at Ohio Health (Grant and Riverside Surgery Centers) but also operates at St.Ann’s. I was in terrible pain prior to my surgery and could not function. My arms were in pain, as well as my neck and shoulders. Now, I just have a very small amount of residual stiffness in my neck with very minimal pain! Your Health is SO IMPORTANT! Take good care of yourself, and trust ONLY physicians who will take good care of you too.
Susan Hannan MSN, RNC, CHC – Nov 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
When I received an MRI which revealed a herniated disc in the lower back, I looked for a well recommended neurosurgeon. We chose to drive to Columbus, OH even though we lived in greater Dayton. Dr. Shehadi and his complete office staff were very professional and understanding. I had complete healing with only short term post-surgery pain. Now, one year later, I have the strength and mobility very much restored.
Harwood A. Hegna – Nov 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
I had a procedure with Dr. Shehadi on Friday morning. It was a bit more painful than expected but very very pleased so far with the out come. I highly recommend him without reservation. Helpful, caring and knows his stuff.
Jerry Borshm – Oct 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
This was my third back surgery in the last 3 1/2 years. I informed his office that this has to be the last one as I was tired of all the pain . Today was my 3 month check up to see how I was doing,how refreshed I looked, Dr Shehadi was amazed that I was at 97-98% healed and without pain medication since the day after surgery. If all of his patients were to do their homework on the side effects of painkillers, recovery time could be cut in half, just look at me, I did my homework.
William R Caldwell – Sep 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
Best Dr I have ever seen. I now walk normal after being paralyzed by another Dr. he is absolutely amazing
Aug 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?
Dr. Shehadi is a great surgeon. He is excellent at what he does. Just had surgery last Tuesday and for as major as it was I’m doing great. Thanks so much doc!!
May 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shehadi, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Shehadi?