Dr. Joseph Shaffer, MD

Dr. Joseph Shaffer, MD

Dermatology  |
Dr. Joseph Shaffer, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Eagan, MN. He is 48 years old and has been practicing for 24 years.

1215 Town Centre Dr Ste 200

• AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota

Learn about Dr. Shaffer

See how frequently Dr. Shaffer performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Adjacent Tissue Transfer
Cancer
Basal Cell Carcinoma

Dr. Shaffer's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Dermatology

• Granuloma of Skin
  • Itchy Skin
  • Melanoma
  • Merkel Cell Carcinoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Psoriasis

• Destruction of Benign Skin Lesion
  • Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion
  • Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Mohs Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Minnesota.

• University College London, University Of London, School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1993
  • Cleveland Clinic Foundation
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • St Lukes/Roosevelt Mc
  • Mohs Micrographicsurg-Dermsurg Ctr
    Other Education | Completed

Dr. Shaffer has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Shaffer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shaffer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Shaffer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shaffer to family and friends
Dr. Shaffer's Performance
in Saint Paul, MN |
Of course I was anxious about having the melanoma removed from my face, and I was even a little vain about the scar that I expected. From the moment Dr. Shaffer came into the room he put me (and my wife) at ease with his wonderful personality, and he also explained the procedure, the need for it, and his expected outcome, in a thoroughly professional manner. Once he started the procedure he kept me calm while explaining everything he was doing for my wife. Couldn't have been better!
in Saint Paul, MN |
Dr. Shaffer performed Mohs surgery on a very noticeable spot on my face. He not only did an amazing job, he was kind and explained every part of the procedure and recovery. I was very apprehensive, not only because of the cancer, but the permanent scar that I imagined. Imagined, it was! After only two weeks you can barely see a thing. I would highly recommend Dr. Shaffer and his team.
Inver Grove Heights, MN |
I have seen Dr. Shaffer twice for a MOHS procedure. Both times he did the procedure in a very excellent manner. He thoroughly explains what he is doing and his assistants are very good as well. I would definitely see him again should I need the procedure in the future.
in St Paul, MN |
I had two separate appointments with Dr. Shaffer for MOHS surgery in a two week time span. Each time I found Dr. Shaffer to be so professional, yet kind and caring regarding explanation of my procedures, at home care and follow up care. He is so easy to talk to and has a great sense of humor. His assistants were wonderful with the same qualities I described for Dr. Shaffer. I saw Charlene and Layla as well as another assistant (sorry, can't remember her name).
St Paul, MN |
Dr. Shaffer recently treated a pre-skin cancer for me. He was prompt, professional and friendly. I was able to get in to see him in a timely manner. He was prepared to treat this area of concern more thoroughly if warranted. Thankfully it was a quick treatment. He explained the condition and encouraged me to return for any further concerns.
St Paul, MN |
I thought Dr. Shaffer was awesome! He put me at ease and made me laugh.
Minneapolis, MN |
Dr Shaffer performed MOHs surgery on my scalp. I was very concerned about the potential for having a bald spot because of a previous bad experience with a different dermatologist. Dr Shaffer was very good about addressing my concerns and shaving only as much of my hair as was necessary. He clearly understands the importance of dealing with patients anxiety not only about treatment, but also about cosmetic outcomes.
in Inver Grove Heights, MN |
I was very anxious about the Mohs surgery on my nose until I met Dr. Shaffer. He immediately put me at ease with his professionalism. During the procedure he explained what he was doing. The procedure was painless. I would highly recommend Dr. Shaffer to all who need Mohs surgery.
in Eagan, MN |
Wit anxiety over a skin cancer diagnosis and impending MOHS treatment, I found myself totally at ease with Dr. Shaffer and his staff. His outstanding sense of humor combined with his professionalism, made my whole experience turn around from fear to confidence. Dr. Shaffer is 100% compassionate, 100% professional and 100% competent with my procedure. It was quick and painless. Most amazingly, by the time the stitches on my face were out there was a scar most people didn't even notice.
Have you seen Dr. Joseph Shaffer, MD?
Are you Dr. Shaffer?

Blue Cross Accord
  • CareSource
  • Community Health Choice
    Medicaid
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Husky Health
  • inHealth
  • INTotal Health
    Medicaid
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medica