Dr. Joseph Selem, MD

OphthalmologyMaleAge 42

Dr. Joseph Selem, MD is a Ophthalmology Specialist in Coral Gables, FL and has over 16 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Ponce School of Medicine medical school in 2005. He is affiliated with medical facilities Coral Gables Hospital and Larkin Community Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Selem to book an appointment.

Dr. Selem

The Selem Center Ophthalmology & Plastic Surgery

814 Ponce De Leon Blvd Ste 510 Coral Gables, FL 33134
Telehealth services available

Compare with other Ophthalmology Specialists

Compare Dr. Selem with our nearby Ophthalmology Specialists at Kendall Regional Medical Center.

Make an appointment at Kendall Regional Medical Center today at (305) 330-1534.

These providers are on the medical staff of Kendall Regional Medical Center.

Dr. Selem's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Selem

4.2

Dr. Selem

Dr. Selem was very nice and took the time to answer all my questions and explain my condition. I didn't expect him to give me a script for glasses as he's not an optometrist but Ophthalmologist (eye surgeon). The staff was great and polite. Wait time was very short. Great doctor and staff.
Apr 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Selem, MD?
the wait was long and he didn't write me a prescription for my eyeglasses. I have been going to Eisner for years - also opthamologists - always get a new script. I moved to homestead and thought I could see someone here. he was a bit rushed. the receptionist had to double check to see if accepted my insurance. I won't be going back. now they get paid but i don't have a script. not happy about it. they looked at like I was crazy to ask for one.
  • Long wait times
Evelyn Agra – Feb 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Selem, MD?
Dr. Selem and his team are stellar. Excellent care is what you will get in Dr. Selem's Eye Care centers. I visited his office in Miami for my first time. I was very well impressed by every member of Dr. Salem's medical team. They worked with diligence, professionalism and efficiency. Dr. Salem is very knowable and kind. If you are thinking to have a qualified Eye Dr, undoubtedly, he is the one to be chosen. You will be very satisfied with the work of this excellent Ophthalmologist and his medical team.
Ruben R Gonzalez – Feb 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Selem, MD?
1 The only positive experience was the friendly receptionist. Dr Selem was knowledgeable but unpleasant. He seemed to be in a hurry and made several rude remarks about my eye makeup ( I had removed most of it prior to my appointment). Not at all what I had expected from a professional. Read Less
Feb 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Selem, MD?
I am so thrilled to write this review., I now live in Costa Rica and my right eye was very watery all the time ., I went to see a doctor in CR which checked my duct canal and he told me I needed to be operated in a hospital with general anesthisia., I decided to see Dr Selem bcs I was traveling to Miami., he perfomed his magic in my duct canal and my problem was over., He saved me from a big operation, I can only say he knows what he is doing and I will always highly recommend him
ROSANNA SARMIENTO – Sep 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Selem, MD?
I've almost forgotten that I ever had droopy eyelids. My eyes feel great now because of the excellent surgery performed by Dr. Selem he is an artist! I had a feeling of being weary or tired all the time. it was a fast surgery with no pain, post op. I suffer from Fibromyalgia and was scared of how I would feel after surgery, I never had to take any medication after surgery. Everyone that attended me was very professional. staff had my comfort and best results present. The downtime was very minimal. Dr. Selem is the BEST, I highly recommend him to anyone who is looking to have this done.
Nayla M. Pichilli – Sep 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Selem, MD?
he was very nice and took time to listen to my concerns and comments, as well as giving me options on how to solve them and helpful information
Aug 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Selem, MD?
My name is Aurora Chavez for years I was looking forward to do the Blepharoplasty but is very important to chose the right surgeon. Lucky me to find Dr. J. Selem I am so please with the warm welcome and evaluation received in his office. So happy because my surgery was so simple no hassle and fast recuperation . I recommend him to anyone who are looking for an opthalmologist with a gift to make people happy and satisfied. Thank you so much .
Aurora chavez – Aug 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Selem, MD?
Excellent ophthalmologist and plastic surgeon . Always answer calls after hours. Honest and professional.
Jun 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Selem, MD?
Excelente Doctor contesto todas mis preguntas y fue muy profesional realmente lo recomiendo se nota que ma su profesión .
Ritza in Miami, FL – Nov 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Selem, MD?
I recently had catarac surgery performed by Dr. Selem. I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome as well as every aspect of the treatment I received from him and his staff prior to the surgery. One of the things that surprised me is how efficiently his office runs. I had 5 appointments and each time I was in to see the doctor within 10 minutes of my scheduled appointment time. Dr. Selem is wonderful and caring physician.
Bob in Miami, FL – Oct 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Selem, MD?
I’m the daughter of one of Dr Selem’s patients and I was truly happy with him and his staff. The concern he personally showed her was comforting and reassuring. His professionalism is above and beyond. Thank you all your the care and concern shown to my mother. Even to the point of taking her and performing her surgery even when her transportation got her 2.5 hrs late. It’s rare to find his dedication if I ever need eye surgery he will be my first OPTION
Caroline Nelson in FL – Sep 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Selem, MD?
I had an appointment with Dr. Selem about two years ago. I made the appointment because he had good reviews. When I get to the office I had to wait a long time. Then when it was my turn a lady came instead of the doctor and she said the doctor wasn't working that day. So since I had already waited so long I let her look at my eyes. But she was a really mediocre doctor. I especifically asked when I booked my appointment that I wanted to be seen by Dr. Selem, but I guess they don't care.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Maria – Aug 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Selem, MD?
I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Joseph Selem. He was very knowledgeable, caring and made me feel comfortable during the visit. I came in with two Chalazions on my upper eyelid and he took his time explaining everything that I needed to know about the procedure to remove them. I decided to get them removed that very same day and the surgery was quick and with minimal pain. Thanks to his hard work and professionalism I recovered perfectly and very prompt.
Alejandro Perez in Miami – May 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Selem, MD?
I've been to Dr. Selem twice. I had flashing in my right eye so they got me an appointment quickly. I had to wait a little longer the first time but it was very busy. Dr. Selem explained if I was having worse flashing continuiously to get in to see him right away. I went back to see him 3 weeks later. He spends time with me and took time to listen to my worries. I did like the Ponce de leon office better than the Bird rd. because it was a lot newer but both offices were very professional.
Pamel Ambrogi in Coral Gables Florida – Jan 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Selem, MD?
Dr. Selem is a fantastic doctor with a keen ability to diagnose his patients. He is honest with all his patients and is never afraid to tell them what they need to hear, often explaining things in layman's terms so people actually understand their diagnosis. His staff is as efficient as they are intelligent; I would definitely recommend Dr. Selem.
Damian Hernandez in Miami, FL – Jun 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Selem, MD?
Dr. Selem and his staff are a top line ophthalmology practice. Upon calling the office to schedule an appointment, Dr. Selem and his staff promptly addressed my concerns and provided me with guidance. I had a sty in my eye that needed to be surgically removed and Dr. Selem was able to remove it within an hour of my appointment, with little pain and a successful recovery. Due to Dr. Selem's plastic surgery specialty, he was able to remove my sty with ease and precision.
Lindsey L. in Miami, FL – Sep 28, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Selem, MD?
I went for the first time for a checkup. My appt was at 10am and I was in 10 mins later, which is very on point comparing to every single doctor's appt I go to that they leave me waiting for an hour after my appt time to see me. The attention and professionalism was excellent. I recommend it to anyone.
Hialeah, FL – Sep 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Selem, MD?
I went in for a chalazion removal. I was a bit nervous, but Dr. Selem made me feel very comfortable. He truly cares about the patient's wellbeing and healing progress. He is reassuring and efficient, and I would definitely recommend him.
Suseth in Miami – Mar 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Selem, MD?
My first visit to Dr. Selem's based on great reviews. Office is pretty, relaxing & inviting. Seating is very comfortable. Wait not long considering I am new patient. His staff, welcoming & friendly. The nurse that sees you before the doctor is friendly, listens carefully. Dr. Selem is very patient friendly. Found him to be a good listener. Like that he tries basic methods first instead of prescriptions. Though practice is buy, he is not rushed. I found my eye doctor!
Isabel in Miami, FL – Mar 05, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Selem, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Selem?

Taking an artistic and comprehensive approach to all patients? individual concerns, utilizing minimally invasive techniques to provide long-lasting and...Read more

Dr. Joseph Selem is a leading ophthalmologist and plastic surgeon offering a variety of eyelid surgery, facial rejuvenation, and body contouring procedures...Read more

• Ophthalmology