Dermatology  |
Dr. Joseph Schwartz, MD
Dr. Joseph Schwartz, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Troy, NY. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Dr. Schwartz is affiliated with Samaritan Hospital and Saint Mary's Hospital.

137 Hoosick St

Troy, NY 12180

• Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • CoreSource
  • EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Fidelis Care

Learn about Dr. Schwartz

Dr. Schwartz's Experience

Dr. Schwartz's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Dermatomyositis
  • Folliculitis
  • Fungal Nail Infection
  • Hair Loss
  • Henoch–Schönlein Purpura (HSP)
  • Herpes Simplex Infection
  • Itchy Skin
  • Keloid Scar
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Pemphigoid

• Acne Surgery
  • Destruction of Benign Skin Lesion
  • Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion
  • Excision of Skin Cancer

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Stony Brook Univ Hsc Sch Med
  • Tufts-Boston U
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1995
  • Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1992

Dr. Schwartz has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Schwartz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schwartz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Schwartz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schwartz to family and friends
2.5
Dr. Schwartz's Performance
Watervliet, NY |
I only went to Dr. Schwartz for a simple procedure, but thought he was great. The wait was short (about 10-15 minutes at each appointment), perhaps this was because my appointments were all early in the morning. Everyone was very professional, the doctor himself was nice and inspired confidence, I felt comfortable and well-treated, and the procedure went very smoothly. I would definitely recommend him to others.
Rensselaer, NY |
kind and clearly answers any questions I have.
Rensselaer, NY |
Excellent knowledgeable and explains why a particular treatment works over another. Clearly explains his decision.
Latham, NY |
Went in because I'm 61 and fair skinned. The items I pointed out were nothing. Then he saw something on my face and he asked about it. I couldn't tell him the history of it because I never noticed it. He said it was potentially pre-cancerous and he removed it. Followup was scheduled.
in West Sand Lake, NY |
Actually I see Kimberly S. Mills, PA at this Practice. I have been going there for several years and have been extremely happy with the entire staff who I have dealings with. They are prompt, efficient and professional. Kimberly is extremely knowledgeable, always listens to concerns, and I have always been thrilled with the results I have had since I started going there.
in Troy, NY |
I arrived early for my appointment and saw 4 patients enter the inside of the office and figured I would have a wait, however I was brought in within 5 minutes. After being placed in the room I only had a few minute wait for the doctor to come in. He was very easy to work with. He did my annual inspection and asked for my concerns which I shared and he took care of those spots along with others. I mentioned that it was good that I was taking care of my skin, nice to be complemented!
in Bennington, VT |
had a small sore on my hand that would not heal. My MD got me an appointment with Dr.Schwartz to have it looked at, Turns out it was two types of skin cancer. I was given an appointment within two weeks to have it removed, which Dr.Schwartz did. In December I had a 6-month follow up. Everything was good. We, my wife and I, found the office to be very well run. We got right in on time and saw the doctor quickly. Very impressed with how the office is run and the people who work there.
Clifton Park, NY |
I have seen Dr. Schwartz in the past and he is excellent but in the last few years I have been seeing his PA Kimberly Mills. She is excellent too! Every time I see her she's like a ray of sunshine in my day. She's always smiling, full of personality, smart, professional, a great listener, and as an added bonus the prettiest provider I've ever seen!! You are in great hands with either Dr. Schwartz or Kim and I would highly recommend them to anyone.
in Niskayuna, NY |
I have been a patient of Dr Schwartz for over 20 years. My children were both patients, and I have recommended him to several of my friends. I'm getting ready to phone the office now to have him check out a couple of new moles. I have always found him very knowledgeable and competent, which is what I am most looking for in a physician.
in Albany, NY |
Almost solely changing dermatologists because of the office staff, particularly Z, an RN. Not one of the girls who answer the phones can give you any info about insurance questions or anything else... Only Z can & she's not here today but she'll be in tomorrow. She claims she returned my messages but never did, then was rude when she finally did! Kim is not the greatest either, she spends less than 2 minutes with you after you've driven 25 minutes to the office & waited 30 minutes to see her!
in Troy, NY |
I had a rash on the front of my lower legs for 3 years. My previous GP had given me an ointment for it which made it a little better sometimes. Finally I made an appt for Dr Schwartz. He was abrupt and arogant.. When I asked what he thought it was he said you mean what do I know it is? Edema in your legs. Next week I went to my new GP who said no way, she thought it was my BP drug which I started about 3 yrs ago. She switched it and it went away. So much for his knowing!
Troy, NY |
1) The office staff is reason enough not to see this dr. If an emergency at your work requires you to miss an apt (and call to let them know beforehand), they will still charge you a $25 no-show fee because it wasn't 24 hours notice. HOWEVER, it is okay for them to make you wait up to an hour for your apt w/out recourse. 2) If you call to speak to the dr., the nurse will call you back. 3) The dr. prescribed a med w/ harmful potential. If not for other dr visiting in, I would not have known.
in Albany, NY |
I requested a prescription refill more that two weeks before I would have run out my current supply. They told me I'd have to make another appointment before they would approve a refill. The earliest appointment I could get was a month past the time my current supply would run out. They could not care less about that and did nothing to accommodate my situation. This was a drug this exact office had been prescribing me for at least 10 years.
Have you seen Dr. Joseph Schwartz, MD?
Are you Dr. Schwartz?

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
    BlueConnect HMO
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
    Preferred Blue PPO
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
    Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO