Dr. Joseph Schwab, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Joseph Schwab, MD
Dr. Joseph Schwab, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Milwaukee, WI. He is 40 years old and has been practicing for 11 years. Dr. Schwab is affiliated with Froedtert Community Memorial Hospital and Froedtert Health - Froedtert Hospital.

Dr. Schwab's Care Philosophy

My goal is to provide patients of all ages and activity levels with the best hip function possible. Whether you are interested in getting back to high-level sporting activities, or are having trouble with activities of daily living, my goal is to work with you to achieve your highest possible level of activity. As our understanding of hip disease improves, I will strive to translate that understanding to practical treatments for my patients.

Dr. Schwab's Experience

See how Dr. Schwab's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Schwab

Dr. Schwab accepts 19 insurance carriers

Dr. Schwab is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Schwab has admitting privileges.

Dr. Schwab's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schwab to family and friends
Dr. Schwab's Performance
Milwaukee, WI |
Excellent knowledge, skills, attitude and communication style. I feel fortunate to have chosen Dr. Schwab for my bilateral hip replacement. Everything went just as planned. Excellent outcome. Thank you Dr. Schwab!
in Milwaukee, WI |
He let me take my time reaching the point of accepting surgery, helped me understand why I needed it and what to do about it, and when the time was ripe did a superb job. I would never have believed it would be so pain free or that I could recover so fast.
in Mukwonago, WI |
Dr. Joseph Schwab has an excellent bed side manner. Absolute confidence in his abilities and goes out of his way to explain not only the positive, but the possible negatives that could occur during a procedure. Very through and exudes a very relaxed and confident environment for his patients. Honestly, can not say enough good things about him and very pleased with all of our interactions with him, including surgery :)
in milwaukee Wis |
Dr Schwab and his staff are top notch great communication truly caring I waited a long time to have hip surgery I would not have had any one else do it but Dr Joseph Schwab and his team
in Milwaukee, WI |
Straightforward, honest, and highly skilled. When my wife and I met with him he explained things thoroughly. Then, listened. At no point did I feel rushed. A very nice guy. His whole team and the stay at Community Memorial was virtually a pleasure. I'm a doctor snob. I believe in getting the best from your doctors. I got the best with Dr Schwab.
in Menomonee Falls, WI |
I have great confidence in Dr. Schwab. He is easy to talk to, listens to my concerns and does not push you in to surgery if you are not yet ready. He is very caring and a genuinely nice person, besides being a great surgeon.
Dr. Schwab enjoys what he does for a living and it's obvious. When I share with other medical staff at Froedtert, who my surgeon is, they instantly have a smile on their face and tell me how lucky I am to have him for my surgeon. He has a great bedside manner and my family members also commented on how much they liked him when he spoke with them following my hip replacement surgery. I have already recommended him to others and praise him when people ask about my recovery and how the surgery went
in Kaukauna, WI |
Dr. Schwab did a great job of explaining what the next steps were going to be in my situation and made sure that I understood what he was explaining to me. The wait time was minimal in the waiting room and during the appointment.
in Germantown,Wi |
He is very caring and efficient. His staff abe Dr.Schwab gives you all of their attention and time to answer any questions, and explain everything you need to know about treatment plan. Post op care was amazing. I never felt that At any time I could not contact them with any concerns. I could not be any happier with my care
Have you seen Dr. Joseph Schwab, MD?
Are you Dr. Schwab?

Compare Dr. Schwab

Dr. Schwab's Care Philosophy

Dr. Schwab says...

I care for patients with conditions that can cause hip pain, including hip dysplasia, femoroacetabular and femoropelvic impingement, as well as hip arthrosis/arthritis.

Dr. Schwab says...

Direct Anterior Approach Total Hip Arthroplasty

Posterior Approach Total Hip Arthroplasty

Periacetabular Osteotomy

Surgical Hip Dislocation

Dr. Schwab's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Wisconsin not available

Dr. Schwab has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Wisconsin.

Why It Matters: Dr. Schwab's Board Certifications

• Hip Fracture
  • Hip Impingement
  • Hip Pain
  • Hip Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

Inselspital Bern

Completed in 2012

Northwestern Center Feinberg School Of Medicine

Graduated in 1999

Dr. Schwab does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schwab and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Anterior Approach Total Hip Replacement