Dr. Joseph Scamardo, MD

Neurology | Male

623 Russell Blvd Nacogdoches, TX 75965 Get Directions
Dr. Joseph Scamardo, MD
Dr. Joseph Scamardo, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Nacogdoches, TX. He is 64 years old and has been practicing for 28 years. Dr. Scamardo is affiliated with Nacogdoches Medical Center.

Dr. Scamardo's Experience

See how Dr. Scamardo's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Scamardo

Dr. Scamardo accepts 6 insurance carriers

Dr. Scamardo is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Scamardo has admitting privileges.

Dr. Scamardo's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Scamardo to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Scamardo's Performance
nacogdoches,tx |
Dr. Scamardo and his staff are wonderful. I have been using this doctor for about 3 years and will continue as long as he is in practice. When you walk in you immediately feel at home. The receptionist is MUCH nicer, courteous and friendlier than his old receptionist. She always has a smile on her face and is more than happy to help with anything needed. His nurse is kind, compassionate and makes you feel like you are a part of the "family". Dr. Scamardo takes his time. He is a fantastic Dr.
in Nacogdoches, TX |
I love Dr Scamardo & his staff! He truly cares about his patients!
in Livingston, TX |
Amazing dr and staff!!!
in Nacogdoches, TX |
Dr. Scamardo & staff are amazing! They were very thorough! They made sure I understood everything that they were telling me! I had to be referred to the doctor in Houston and they called to check and make sure the office in Houston contacted me!
in Nacogdoches, TX |
You have to be the sorriest excuse for a Dr that I have ever experienced. I saw you numerous times & yet you didn't remember anything about my case, even with my file right in front of you. You ran tests and didn't explain them. The icing on th cake as when you prescribed a dosage of medicine that wasn't even approved by the FDA. The only saving grace you gave us that your staff is really nice! I can't see another neurologist because of insurance purposes, so I choose to suffer.
in Nacogdoches, TX |
Dr. Scamardo is successfully treating my migraines. I am very happy with the care I have received from him and his staff. If I should have any other issues requiring a neurologist, he would be the one that I would call.
Dallas, TX |
Good doctor who was able to diagnose my step father when others could not.
Peachtree City, GA |
I have never waited over 10 minutes to be seen. I mean it's a doctors office, you expect to wait right? The doctor has always spent as much time as I needed in the room, explaining medication and why he wanted to prescribe it. His office staff is always professional and polite. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Scamardo to my family, friends or someone I had never met. He is definitely not the doctor that throws meds around like most people hope. So if you are looking for that, go to pain management.
Nacogdoches, TX |
My experience was terrible. I waited about an hour and a half before being taken back. Then, waited about another 30 minutes before I decided to just leave. I never got to see the doctor. I can't spend all day at the doctor office when I have work. Completely ridiculous.
Odessa, TX |
Treatment seem to work very well.
Nacogdoches, TX |
Staff and doctor seemed confused by all of my history. Had not obtained my records prior to visit despite being supplied with all information more than a month in advance; seemed to think I would bring a paper copy with me. Terrible customer communications from office staff regarding prescriptions and insurance over the telephone. Transferring away from this physician as soon as possible as this was only due to insurance coverage changes anyway. I would not recommend this physician at all.
Nacogdoches, TX |
First visit, Dr Scamardo acted as if he'd just woke up. Dr ordered MRI but Dr & office staff never called with the results. Also never called to make follow up appointment. I finally called & made appointment for follow up on MRI. Dr acted as if I was wasting his time. Short & curt comments. Offered nothing as far as options or suggestions or what to do next except "Surgery..you need surgery". Husband went with me on follow up and agreed that Dr. Scamardo acted as if he couldn't care less.
in Dallas, TX |
Friendly, easy to talk to you. Very helpful and patient. Explained my condition in a manner that I could understand.
in Nacogdoches, Tx |
Office staff was not friendly or polite at all. The Dr was only so so. Wait time was ridiculous. Will not go back.
Have you seen Dr. Joseph Scamardo, MD?
Are you Dr. Scamardo?

Compare Dr. Scamardo

Dr. Scamardo's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurology

• Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Lyme Disease
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
  • Nystagmus
  • Optic Neuritis
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Restless Leg Syndrome
  • Seizure Disorders
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Stroke
  • Syncope
  • Tension Headache
  • Thrombosis
  • Torticollis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

Tx Tech Univ Hlth Sci Ctr Sch Of Med

Graduated in 1989

Tx Tech University Health Science Center
    University Tx Med Branch Hosps

Dr. Scamardo does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Scamardo and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurology