Dr. Joseph T. Santoso, MD

Dr. Joseph T. Santoso, MD

Gynecologic Oncology | Male | 54 years old

44 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

Personal Bio

Dr. Santoso's Experience

See how Dr. Santoso's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Santoso

Dr. Santoso accepts 8 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Santoso has admitting privileges.

Dr. Santoso's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Santoso to family and friends
Dr. Santoso's Performance
Lexington, TN |
Dr. Santosa saves my mother. She was in the final,stages, transferring from Vanderbilt. Since seeing him she has lives 5 years. He is helpful and she is a person to him not just another patient. They are still fighting this together
in Calhoun City, MS |
My nurse practitioner recommended Dr. Santoso. On first visit he identified type of cancer, gave options of removal, and a recommendation of removal. On agreement of removal he went through all steps of surgery. Because I lived so far from Memphis I did all pre-op that day. Surgery time came and he kept friends up to date with surgery, visited me after surgery. Called and checked on me at home. All visits since have been of highest regard for my health.
in Memphis, TN |
Dr. Santoso is an excellent doctor. He cares about his patients. I would definitely recommend him to anyone!!
in Memphis, TN |
Dr. Santoso became my physician/surgeon when I was hospitalized for pain management earlier this year. Immediately, I appreciated his candor. His expertise in ob/gyn care and cancer cannot be overly rated. He is committed to excellence in diagnosis, intervention and follow-up care. He has a solid reputation as a professional who sets high performance standards for himself and his staff, and motivates patients to behavioral compliance for improved health. I highly recommend him.
in West Memphis, AR |
I feel fortunate to have Dr. Santoso for my physician. He is compassionate, straight-forward, humorous, and a brilliant doctor. I trust him totally. His staff is very caring and helpful when I have an appointment or if I call. I highly recommend Dr. Santoso.
in Humboldt, TN |
Dr. Santoso worked me in very quickly after my gynecologist found a large mass on my ovary. I had consultation, surgery, and was home from the hospital within a week of detection. His humor was uplifting when I found myself very stressed not knowing the unknown. His reassurance that he would take care of me in surgery meant a lot to me since I had never had surgery before. His smile and sense of humor when reporting from surgery was uplifting to family. He had a great bedside manner!
in Senatobia, MS |
When I went to Dr. Santoso I was very scared, "Cancer " is a scary word. He told me I was important to him and he would do everything could to help me. He and his staff were with me through every question, every concern, and I am truly blessed. I had Endometrial Cancer, Grade 1. When I went to Dr. Santoso three days after I was diagnosed, a total hysterectomy would be done. I am cancer free as of today, because I didn't put it off. If something doesn't feel right please don't put it off!!
in Memphis, TN |
Dr. Santoso and his team are phenomenal! I had a very scary ovarian mass and they took great care of me. Questions were answered and surgery was performed without complication. After care was also excellent. I had a problem with my incision and they got me in right away. Dr. Santoso will get on you about your weight, so be prepared! I would highly recommend him and West Cancer Center to any family member of friend in need.
in Jackson, TN |
Dr. Santoso was wonderful and took excellent care of me. He is very kind and gentle, and explains everything in a way that is easy to understand. I am very pleased with the care I received from him and his staff. I can't say enough nice things about him. He was never in a rush when he was with me, and I never had to wait long at his office. Everything went smoothly at the clinic, and at the hospital where I had surgery.
in Friendship, TN |
Dr. Santoso was friendly, compassionate and very knowledegable. He was complimentary of my diligance in being aware that there was a problem and commended me on taking action instead of waiting until my cancer was at a point that a more major surgery would have been required, which may have included treatments. Thank you Dr. Santoso, I will recommend you to all family and friends.
in Memphis, TN |
Dr. Santoso genuinely cares about his patients. He's very thorough and is excellent in explaining anything related to your care. He takes time to answer questions and informs his patients about other alternatives regarding a patient's diagnosis. He is very concerned about family involvement and stresses the fact that he definitely wants to meet with them prior to any possible treatment and/or surgery. Dr. Santoso wants his patients to have great outcomes.
in memphis, tn |
He is friendly, truly cares for your welfare and puts you at ease. That's beneficial when you are facing surgery. His staff is nice too.
in Booneville, Ms. 38829 |
I like the fact he tells you the truth and let's you make the decisions. He talks to you and listens to what you have to say answers any questions you may have
Have you seen Dr. Joseph T. Santoso, MD?
Are you Dr. Santoso?

Compare Dr. Santoso

Dr. Santoso says...

Dr. Santoso is Board Certified in Gynecologic Oncology, Obstetrics and Gynecology and Critical Care. He performs radical cancer surgeries as well non-invasive surgeries (robotic and laparoscopic). He sees patients at his office in Memphis TN. In addition to treating patients, Dr. Santoso serves as Director and Professor of the Gynecologic Oncology Division at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Memphis. He helps train future physicians and has been awarded multiple awards for his excellence in teaching by his students, medical schools, and The Association of Professors of Gynecologists & Obstetrics. He seeks to instill a "burning passion to exceed expectations." As part of their training, resident physicians and medical students work with Dr. Santoso in caring for patients.

Patients, nurses and students describe Dr. Santoso as being compassionate and kind-hearted. Dr. Santoso has been recognized by Memphis Magazine multiple times as one of the "Best Doctors in Memphis" because of his commitment to patient care. Dr. Santoso spends most of day either taking care of patients or working at home on research projects and reading inspiring books. Although he enjoys cooking and gardening, he claims that he is not very good at either but keeps trying to improve. At home, he is an amateur handyman, which explains why you may find him wandering around at a local Home Depot occasionally.

Dr. Santoso says...

Cancer and pre-cancer surgeries in women (both radical and minimally invasive/robot hysterectomy, cancer removal, etc)

Dr. Santoso's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Gynecologic Oncology
  •  Board certified in Critical Care Medicine, Gynecological Oncology and Obstetrics & Gynecology

Dr. Santoso has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

Why It Matters: Dr. Santoso's Board Certifications

• Cervicitis
  • Endometriosis
  • Fallopian Tube Cancer
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hemorrhoids
  • Mastodynia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Noninflammatory Cervical Disorders

Completed in 1993

Completed in 1994

University Tex Sw

Completed in 1997

Dr. Santoso does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Santoso and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Gynecologic Oncology
  • Critical Care Medicine

• Abdominal Hysterectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Laparotomy
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Lymphadenectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Myomectomy - Open and-or Laparoscopic
  • Pelvic Exenteration (For: Gynecologic, Urinary, or Colorectal Malignancy)
  • Salpingo-Oophorectomy With Robotic Assistance