Gynecologic Oncology  |
Dr. Joseph Santoso, MD
Dr. Santoso is Board Certified in Gynecologic Oncology, Obstetrics and Gynecology and Critical Care. He performs radical cancer surgeries as well non-invasive surgeries (robotic and laparoscopic). He sees patients at his office in Memphis TN. In addition to treating patients, Dr. Santoso serves as Director and Professor of the Gynecologic Oncology Division at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Memphis. He helps train future physicians and has been awarded multiple awards for his excellence in teaching by his students, medical schools, and The Association of Professors of Gynecologists & Obstetrics. He seeks to instill a "burning passion to exceed expectations." As part of their training, resident physicians and medical students work with Dr. Santoso in caring for patients. Patients, nurses and students describe Dr. Santoso as being compassionate and kind-hearted. Dr. Santoso has been recognized by Memphis Magazine multiple times as one of the "Best Doctors in Memphis" because of his commitment to patient care. Dr. Santoso spends most of day either taking care of patients or working at home on research projects and reading inspiring books. Although he enjoys cooking and gardening, he claims that he is not very good at either but keeps trying to improve. At home, he is an amateur handyman, which explains why you may find him wandering around at a local Home Depot occasionally.

WEST CLINIC

7945 Wolf River Blvd

Germantown, TN 38138

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee
  • Coventry Health Care of Tennessee

Learn about Dr. Santoso

Dr. Santoso's Experience

Dr. Santoso's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Gynecologic Oncology
  • Board certified in Critical Care Medicine, Gynecological Oncology and Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Gynecologic Oncology

• Cervicitis
  • Endometriosis
  • Fallopian Tube Cancer
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hemorrhoids
  • Mastodynia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Noninflammatory Cervical Disorders
  • Yeast Infections

• Abdominal Hysterectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Laparotomy
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Lymphadenectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Myomectomy - Open and-or Laparoscopic
  • Pelvic Exenteration (For: Gynecologic, Urinary, or Colorectal Malignancy)
  • Salpingo-Oophorectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Smoking Cessation Counseling
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Vaginectomy
  • Vulvectomy
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• University Of California, Davis, School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1989
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1990
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1993
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1994
  • University Tex Sw
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1997

Dr. Santoso has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Santoso does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Santoso and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Santoso's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Santoso to family and friends
Dr. Santoso's Performance
in Union City, TN |
I was referred to dr santoso from another doctor having never met him. We went for my appt. and I knew he was the doctor for me. His office people and his nurses were so kind and helpful. I was put at ease and felt better after seeing him. My surgery went great with a good outcome. I would advise anyone to go to dr santoso. He is the best... I was told by several people that he was the best doc in Memphis. THank you Dr Santoso for taking care of me....
in Collierville, TN |
He is everything you'd want in an oncologist. Other than being an expert in his field, he is gentle, calm, patient with all questions and never rushes out of the office. My aunt was diagnosed with Stage IV B cancer one year ago. Today, after surgery and chemo she is cancer free. Chemo was not at all the nightmare we expected. He monitored her closely during chemo to make sure she was comfortable and continues to watch her today. He is everything you would want in an oncologist and more.
in Robinsonville, MS |
Had the most comforting and easy care from this man
in Union city,tn |
Dr Santoso is a fabulous doctor.I had to have a complete hysterectomy to remove cancer.He got it all and i had a pain free surgery.I will refer people to him. He is very friendly...
in Memphis, TN |
I was recommended to Dr. Santoso by my OBGyn specialist. My first visit was awesome. He had the best bedside manner that put me at ease immediately. We discussed my condition and my options in detail. After our discussion he allowed me to make the ultimate decision for my treatment which was a hysterectomy. I was given the best pre and post op care that allowed my recovery time to be cut in half. Two thumbs up to Dr. Santoso.
in Memphis, TN |
Dr. Santoso is very personable. I was referred to him by my gynecologist and spoke with him on the same day. A couple days later I saw him at his office and had surgery within a week. He was optimistic and straight to the point throughout the entire process. My outcome was good and we shared the information with my gynecologist along with a selfie. I would definitely recommend him to family and friends.
in Memphis, TN |
Dr. Joseph Santoso is a wonderful doctor and one the best surgeons. He is very straight forward and tells you information most doctors won't say to you. He provides the patient with all of the information about your situation so that you can make an informed decision. He seems to really care about your health.
in Memphis |
I was referred to Dr. Santos due to pelvic masses. He is so very kind and tells you what to expect each step of the way. He operated on me and I was very scared. His presence before the surgery put me to ease. He really cares for his patients and treats you like a family member. Thankfully, I didn't have cancer and he let me know as soon as I woke up. I found out about theses masses by accident. They showed up on an MRI I had for my back. I would highly recommend Dr. Santoso.
in Mount Pleasant, MS |
Dr. Santoso and his team are amazing! From the first day i met him, I felt as if I had known him my whole life. He is compassionate, caring, funny and personable. I love his entire staff, they make you feeI like family. My ovarian mass was diagnosed as cancer, but he removed it all with surgery, no chemo or radiation needed. i encourage you to be proactive with your health and if you need a doctor in this specialized area, go to Dr. Santoso, he will give you HOPE! Thank you Doc!
in JACKSON, TN |
I was having unbearable pain, long menstrual cycles and diagnose was a fibroid tumor with a mass. Because of the seriousness of my condition I was referred to Dr. Joseph Santoso. My first visit he was very professional, polite and extremely concern. My surgery was scheduled, performed, uterus and mass were removed, diagnose came back as a Dermoid Cyst and although infection was in my body, it was not cancerous. I thank God for sending Dr. Santoso for taking care and getting me back to recovery.
Lexington, TN |
Dr. Santosa saves my mother. She was in the final,stages, transferring from Vanderbilt. Since seeing him she has lives 5 years. He is helpful and she is a person to him not just another patient. They are still fighting this together
in Calhoun City, MS |
My nurse practitioner recommended Dr. Santoso. On first visit he identified type of cancer, gave options of removal, and a recommendation of removal. On agreement of removal he went through all steps of surgery. Because I lived so far from Memphis I did all pre-op that day. Surgery time came and he kept friends up to date with surgery, visited me after surgery. Called and checked on me at home. All visits since have been of highest regard for my health.
in Memphis, TN |
Dr. Santoso is an excellent doctor. He cares about his patients. I would definitely recommend him to anyone!!
in Memphis, TN |
Dr. Santoso became my physician/surgeon when I was hospitalized for pain management earlier this year. Immediately, I appreciated his candor. His expertise in ob/gyn care and cancer cannot be overly rated. He is committed to excellence in diagnosis, intervention and follow-up care. He has a solid reputation as a professional who sets high performance standards for himself and his staff, and motivates patients to behavioral compliance for improved health. I highly recommend him.
in West Memphis, AR |
I feel fortunate to have Dr. Santoso for my physician. He is compassionate, straight-forward, humorous, and a brilliant doctor. I trust him totally. His staff is very caring and helpful when I have an appointment or if I call. I highly recommend Dr. Santoso.
in Humboldt, TN |
Dr. Santoso worked me in very quickly after my gynecologist found a large mass on my ovary. I had consultation, surgery, and was home from the hospital within a week of detection. His humor was uplifting when I found myself very stressed not knowing the unknown. His reassurance that he would take care of me in surgery meant a lot to me since I had never had surgery before. His smile and sense of humor when reporting from surgery was uplifting to family. He had a great bedside manner!
in Senatobia, MS |
When I went to Dr. Santoso I was very scared, "Cancer " is a scary word. He told me I was important to him and he would do everything could to help me. He and his staff were with me through every question, every concern, and I am truly blessed. I had Endometrial Cancer, Grade 1. When I went to Dr. Santoso three days after I was diagnosed, a total hysterectomy would be done. I am cancer free as of today, because I didn't put it off. If something doesn't feel right please don't put it off!!
in Memphis, TN |
Dr. Santoso and his team are phenomenal! I had a very scary ovarian mass and they took great care of me. Questions were answered and surgery was performed without complication. After care was also excellent. I had a problem with my incision and they got me in right away. Dr. Santoso will get on you about your weight, so be prepared! I would highly recommend him and West Cancer Center to any family member of friend in need.
in Jackson, TN |
Dr. Santoso was wonderful and took excellent care of me. He is very kind and gentle, and explains everything in a way that is easy to understand. I am very pleased with the care I received from him and his staff. I can't say enough nice things about him. He was never in a rush when he was with me, and I never had to wait long at his office. Everything went smoothly at the clinic, and at the hospital where I had surgery.
in Friendship, TN |
Dr. Santoso was friendly, compassionate and very knowledegable. He was complimentary of my diligance in being aware that there was a problem and commended me on taking action instead of waiting until my cancer was at a point that a more major surgery would have been required, which may have included treatments. Thank you Dr. Santoso, I will recommend you to all family and friends.
in Memphis, TN |
Dr. Santoso genuinely cares about his patients. He's very thorough and is excellent in explaining anything related to your care. He takes time to answer questions and informs his patients about other alternatives regarding a patient's diagnosis. He is very concerned about family involvement and stresses the fact that he definitely wants to meet with them prior to any possible treatment and/or surgery. Dr. Santoso wants his patients to have great outcomes.
in memphis, tn |
He is friendly, truly cares for your welfare and puts you at ease. That's beneficial when you are facing surgery. His staff is nice too.
in Booneville, Ms. 38829 |
I like the fact he tells you the truth and let's you make the decisions. He talks to you and listens to what you have to say answers any questions you may have
Have you seen Dr. Joseph Santoso, MD?
Are you Dr. Santoso?