Dr. Joseph Raviv, MD

Dr. Joseph Raviv, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat  |
Dr. Joseph Raviv, MD is an ear, nose, and throat doctor who practices in Evanston, IL. He is 43 years old and has been practicing for 16 years.

1000 Central St Ste 800

Evanston, IL 60201

• HealthLink
  • Priority Health

Learn about Dr. Raviv

See how frequently Dr. Raviv performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
Nosebleed

Dr. Raviv's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Earwax Buildup
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Eyelid Disorders
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Larynx Conditions
  • Sinusitis
  • Sjögren's Syndrome
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Sore Throat
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Thyroid Cancer
  • Tinnitus
  • Tumor
  • Vertigo
  • Vocal Cord Nodule
  • Vocal Cord Paralysis

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Cervical Lymph Node Dissection
  • Dacryocystorhinostomy
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision or Destruction of Palate or Uvula Lesion
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Laryngoscopy and Laryngotomy
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Skull Base Surgery
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Tear Duct Surgery
  • Tonsillectomy
  • Vestibule and Floor of Mouth, Excision or Destruction

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2001
  • Northwestern University Medical School
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2009
  • Northwestern University Medical School
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2009
  • Stanford University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2009

Dr. Raviv has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Raviv does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Raviv and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Raviv's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Raviv to family and friends
2.9
Dr. Raviv's Performance
in Wilmette Illinois |
One of the worst experiences I have ever had with a doctor. The surgery he claimed would help made my situation much worse and now I can never breathe out of my nose. Avoid this doctor at all costs.
IL |
Horrrible. Worst experience I have ever had with a doctor in my life. The surgery I had made my situation much worse, and now I can never breathe out of my nose. Don't trust trust this doctor, don't talk to him, don't even think about ever seeing him.
VERNON HILLS |
I saw Dr. Raviv for a sinus infection yesterday. I did not have nor did he recommend surgery. Dr. Raviv was professional, friendly, and addressed my questions. I felt like I walked away better informed. I liked his approach of not just going with antibiotics (but not necessarily ruling it out if the treatment he prescribed does not achieve the desired results). He gave me a prescription treatment (not antibiotics) to try and suggested a follow up if the approach is not effective.
IL |
Don't waste your time with this doctor. I visited this doctor back in 2015 with complaints of sinus congestion, and he said I had a mildly deviated septum. He therefore performed septoplasty and balloon sinus surgery (where they increase the size of your sinus cavities). After the surgery, my breathing seemed to worsen. I visited Raviv again, to try and determine why things hadn't gotten better. He didn't have a solution for me.
Chicago |
Worst experience ever. Raviv performed a septoplasty, and now, 3 years later, I can never breathe out of my nose. My congestion was only mild, and he said the procedure would make it better, but it only made it worse. It visited him again to see if he could remedy the situation but he said there was nothing he could do. Don't trust him.
Homewood, IL |
I don't recommend this doctor. He was rude and condescending, and the surgery he performed only marginally helped relieve my chronic sinus congestion. I don't think he accurately diagnosed the real reason for my problem.
Homewood, IL |
My experience with this doctor was nothing short of horrible. I visited him a year ago, with complaints of mild but chronic sinus congestion, and he offered me rhino septoplasty and functional endoscopic surgery. The surgeries he performed, however, made my congestion much much worse. I visited him several times post surgery, to figure out why my nasal breathing had worsened, and he didn't have a solution for me. Now I have to live with never being able to breathe out of my nose
Dolton, IL |
Don't trust this doctor. He misdiagnosed my problem, performed a surgery that was not necessary and made my breathing much worse.
Chicago Heights, IL |
Don't trust this doctor. He will perform surgeries on you that are unnecessary, and will further complicate the situation. He performed a septoplasty on me, in addition to FESS. The septoplasty, however, was not necessary, and made my situation worse. When I mentioned that to him, he refused to do a revision septoplasty, claiming that too much time had elapsed, and now I have to live with it. There are better ENTs in the Northshore area.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Raviv performed an endoscopic sinus surgery on me to help treat my Graves' eye disease, and I had a wonderful experience. He is a caring, genuine, great doctor who has a really nice team around him, and I was absolutely thrilled with the results post-surgery. He came highly referred to me by Dr. Tamara Fountain, and between the two of them--they were my guardian angels. Dr. Raviv took what was initially a scary experience and made it incredibly positive, and I'm so grateful to have had him!
in Winnetka, IL |
I went to visit this doctor, two years ago, with complaints of chronic sinus congestion. He performed endoscopic sinus surgery, and since then my congestion has only worsened. I also followed up, multiple times after the surgery, to see why my congestion hadn't improved. Every time, the doctor took about 30 seconds to look into my nose with and instrument, and told me there was nothing wrong he could find from the surgery. Yet he also charged me $500, for every follow up session.
in Skokie, IL |
Was especially good at initial diagnosis and treatment. Surgery went well.
Have you seen Dr. Joseph Raviv, MD?
Are you Dr. Raviv?

9600 Gross Point Rd
Skokie, IL 60076

Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
Ear, Nose, and Throat
Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)
Plastic Surgery-Head & Neck