Dr. Joseph Rand, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & MetabolismMaleAge 60

Telehealth services available

First Physicians Group Endocrinology

1921 Waldemere St Ste 512 Sarasota, FL 34239

Dr. Joseph Rand, MD is a Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialist in Sarasota, FL. Dr. Rand has more experience with Osteoporosis & Screening, Thyroid Disorders, and Diabetes & Glucose Monitoring than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with Sarasota Memorial Hospital. He has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Rand to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialists in your area

• Friendly Staff
    Patients said the staff was friendly. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Hospital Satisfaction

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Frequently Treated by Dr. Rand

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Rand treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Rand treats other conditions, please contact the office at (941) 917-3270.

Osteoporosis & Screening

Osteoporosis specialists diagnose and treat conditions characterized by low bone density and bone weakness, such as osteoporosis and osteopenia.Compare with other Osteoporosis & Screening specialists.

Dr. Rand is experienced in the area of Osteoporosis & Screening. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

Osteoporosis
Osteopenia

Thyroid Disorders

Thyroid disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the thyroid gland, including hyperparathyroidism, thyroid disease, and thyroid nodules.Compare with other Thyroid Disorders specialists.

Thyroid Goiter
Hypothyroidism
Goiter
Thyroid Nodule

Diabetes & Glucose Monitoring

Diabetes specialists manage and treat a range of diabetes-related conditions including type 1 and type 2 diabetes and diabetic ketoacidosis through procedures such as continuous glucose monitoring and insulin therapy.Compare with other Diabetes & Glucose Monitoring specialists.

Dr. Rand is experienced in the area of Diabetes & Glucose Monitoring. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 9 conditions and procedures

• Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
  • Chronic Sinusitis
  • Conn's Syndrome
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Craniopharyngioma
  • Hypokalemia
  • Hypoparathyroidism
  • Hypopituitarism
  • Hypotension
  • Hypotension (Excluding Maternal)
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Insomnia
  • Klinefelter Syndrome
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Mineral Metabolism Disorders
  • Muscle Weakness
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Overweight
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Parathyroid (Gland) Disease
  • Thyrotoxicosis Factitia
  • Turner Syndrome
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Vertigo

Dr. Rand's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Rand

3.2

Dr. Rand?
  • Office environment (16)
  • Staff friendliness (15)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (14)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (8)
  • Appointment was rushed (6)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (6)
Waited 4 months for this appointment. My hugh blood sugars are a concern as is my thyroid. Yet the entire appointment was more about my sleep habits than either issue I came in with. My thyroid was stable so he didn't do anything to those meds. My A1C is 7.7...higher than it should be and he didn't address it once, didn't adjust my meds nothing. He was over concerned about my sleep habits. A thorough exam but did not ask for permission or tell me he was going to pull up my shirt, down my pants, take off my shoes. Etc. He gave me a bed time of 8pm...I'm 47 years old and I'm being given a bed time of 8pm. When I expressed an issue with this. He said he can't help me.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Long wait times
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Frustrated – Apr 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Rand, MD?
Dr. Rand makes a difference in the medical field. I will always remember him for treating me and my thyroid condition. If I were close to North Carolina, you can bet I’d be seeing him. Awesome doctor and an awesome person.i gave 5 stars because that’s all that’s allowed. Bill Dushok, Lagrange, Georgia
Bill Dushok – Jul 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Rand, MD?
I saw Dr. Rand for about 8 years. I had quarterly visits which he checked my A1c and feet. I developed Charcot in my foot. He never once explained why he was examining my feet or Charcots and it’s devastating consequences which was failed foot surgery to correct the foot deformity that has left me unable to walk .
Jul 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Rand, MD?
Dr. Rand is the best doctor I have seen. He gave me the most thorough exam I have ever had. He listened to me. He answered all my questions. I was with him over an hour and never felt like he was in a hurry to have me leave. He seems like he truly cares about my condition and my future health. He is the first Endocrinologist in Sarasota that I have seen that was informed about all types of Thyroid medication and could discuss them with an open mind. I left with a letter explaining everything!
Mar 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Rand, MD?
I have been type 1 diabetic for 18 years and have seen endocrinologists from all walks of life and with various approaches to treatment. For the first time in those 18 years, I've met a doctor who saw a human first, patient second. Dr. Rand's proactive approach makes so much sense to me. He is very kind, attentive, and responsive. Looking forward to continue working with him.
Mallory C. in Raleigh, NC – Jul 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Rand, MD?
As a T1 diabetic, I'm very impressed so far with Dr. Rand's methods. He's a great listener, has a good sense of humor, and he's never rushed me through any aspect of my appointments. Fantastic endo.
Joe DaSilva in Holly Springs, NC – Jul 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Rand, MD?
If I could I would not even give him one star. He would not listen to my symptoms or how I felt at all. I ended up telling him my symptoms at the end of the visit after he had already diagnosed me. I also got a biopsy on a nodule done by him. I got the impression he was more concerned about his good sample than my pain. I asked around after the procedure to see how other doctors do biopsies on nodules and it seems he made it much more painful than necessary. He also refuses to numb.
Lindsay in Raleigh, NC – Jun 24, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Rand, MD?
Dr. Rand is extremely knowledgeable and responsive to questions. He is aggressive in his treatment algorithm, which can be discouraging to some but I understand that he does it to better manage my disease. He has an excellent personality and sense of humor, which I like. His bedside manner is excellent as he speaks at my level and not over my head. Definitely recommend if you're looking for an endocrinologist.
Linda in Raleigh, NC – Mar 28, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Rand, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Rand?

Dr. Rand is board-certified in Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism and a fellow of the American College of Endocrinology (FACE) and the American College...Read more

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism