Family Medicine  |
Dr. Joseph Perkinson III, MD
Dr. Perkinson has been caring for Texans for over 20 years. He completed medical school at the University of South Carolina in 1992, and Baylor College of Medicine's Department of Family and Community Medicine residency in 1998. He embraced his initial private practice experience in south Texas, starting one of the state's first completely paperless medical offices, developing and refining workflows for a more rewarding experience for all. Following a transition to the north Houston area, he returns to his primary care roots in Vector Health, a company he formed for the express purpose of providing effective solutions to the many flaws in the American healthcare system. Americans need a patient-centric experience, where bureaucracy is marginalized, value realized, and a new respect for health is fostered.

17198 St Lukes Way Ste 430

The Woodlands, TX 77384

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Principal Life

Learn about Dr. Perkinson III

Vector Health IS:

• Individualized care: limited phone menus/voicemail, same-day scheduling, minimal paperwork, less wait time, no exam-room computers, security-centric digital health records, clinical & fiduciary transparency, after-hours direct physician access, social media integration, relaxing clinical ambiance.
  • Total healthcare: neonates to centenarians, all physical exams, vaccination, travel medicine, complete skin care, urgent care, laceration repairs
  • Evidence-based medicine: substantiated standards, not whimsy
  • Genomics: the next major medical frontier

Vector Health IS NOT:

• Spa medicine, typically cosmetic & unsubstantiated
  • Prescribing addictive medications for habitual concerns (opioids, anxiolytics, amphetamines, etc.)
  • Over-testing, where evidence supports a better approach

At the end of your first visit here, we want you exclaiming, "Wow! I've never experienced ANYTHING like that before! It was so relaxed, so thorough, so fast, so real! I have a new respect for my health!"

Dr. Perkinson III's Experience

Dr. Perkinson III's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine

Dr. Perkinson III does not have any board certifications listed.

• Accelerated Hypertension
  • Arthritis of the Spine
  • Arthritis of the Toe
  • Arthritis of the Wrist
  • Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Chlamydia Infections
  • Psoriatic Arthritis
  • Renal Hypertension
  • Resistant Hypertension
  • Secondary Hypertension
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause

• University Of South Carolina School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1992
  • Baylor Coll Med/Tx Med Ctr
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1998

Dr. Perkinson III has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Perkinson III has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Perkinson III does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Perkinson III and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Perkinson III's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Perkinson III to family and friends
Dr. Perkinson III's Performance
in Conroe, TX |
Dr. Perkinson is wonderful. I have seen him 3 times in the last 6 months and have always been completely satisfied. He leans toward the side of caution, which I really appreciate.
in Spring, TX |
Dr. Perkinson is a very compassionate & caring doctor. Great bedside manner too! He listens & I mean he really listens. I've only seen him twice & he will really help find a plan that works for you. He really explains everything in a way that you can understand. The staff is excellent & very polite. Hardly any wait time at all! He is what all Dr.s should be like. I've even called on the weekends when it probably could have waited & he still was polite & understanding. You'll love him! Leslie S
in Spring, TX |
Best doctor ever. It was a pleasure to visit with Dr. Perkinson, and have him actually take the time to listen and converse. I am accustomed to doctors spending little or no time with me. I left with the feeling that I had finally found a caring doctor.
in Spring, TX |
Wonderful staff! Very caring bedside manner! Always gets me in right away! Could not recommend a better Dr.!
in Spring, TX |
Great Doctor who knows how to treat patients with care. Excellent bedside manner. Highly recommended if you are looking for a PCP.
in Conroe, TX |
Dr. P is just terrific. He spent a lot of time with me getting my history and addressed my needs quickly. He is very warm, easy to talk to, polite, very hospitable, has great people skills, and talks to you like you are a person - not a number, and makes you feel comfortable. You can tell he loves what he does and truly wants to help make you as healthy as possible. You can reach him any time via cell or email and I really like that. And he also makes house calls!
Conroe, TX |
I didn't even see him. He called me before my appointment and because he looked at history and saw I was on controlled medication he wouldn't prescribe any. I did move here a few months ago. Although I have medical problems that cause me to be on them. He basically called me a drug seeker. I hung up and cancelled my appointment. No one should be discriminated against because of the medication they take. Thanks for making me feel even worse. He obviously cares nothing about patients.
in Conroe, Texas |
Dr. Perkinson is excellent. He listens, asks questions and spends time understanding why you are there and then discusses possible treatment plans. I feel heard and when I have questions I generally leave feeling like they have been answered. The one time I had a question after a visit, I emailed him and he responded in a timely and manner and answered my question.
in Conroe, TX |
It was a step back in time because the Dr. actually sat and listened to me. He asked questions and wrote down notes. Very attentive and thoughtful...sharing his thoughts as he decided what the course of action should be for my illness. The whole experience was almost unbelievable in this day and time when everything is rushed and hurried, that Dr. Perkinson made me feel like I was the only patient he had to see today.
in Spring, TX |
I had my first visit with Dr. Perkinson yesterday. It was wonderful. I can't say enough about his professionalism and medical skills. His staff was terrific, and he made me feel very comfortable. I have been in the healthcare field for over 30 years, and he wowed me. That is not a common occurrence!
Have you seen Dr. Joseph Perkinson III, MD?
Are you Dr. Perkinson III?

See our Family Medicine Specialist at Conroe Regional Medical Center