Dr. Joseph Pena, MD

Dr. Pena
Telehealth services available

Long Island IVF

100 Hospital Rd East Patchogue, NY 11772

Dr. Joseph Pena, MD is a Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility Specialist in East Patchogue, NY. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center and North Shore University Hospital Syosset. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Pena to book an appointment.

Compare Dr. Joseph Pena, MD with other Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility Specialists near you

Dr. Pena's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Pena

0.7125890736342043%

Dr. Pena?
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (391)
  • Office environment (389)
  • Staff friendliness (387)
  • Long wait times (267)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (10)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (10)
I highly recommend Dr. Pena and his staff at Long Island IVF. Doctor Pena originally met with us via video chat due to the Corona Virus pandemic. When discussing our challenges with Dr. Pena, he was attentive and did not push us to go with IVF. Additionally, Dr. Pena reviewed both IUI & IVF cycles, what they would entail and their success rates. Thanks to Dr. Pena and his staff, we are now 7+ weeks pregnant with our first baby. This was our second attempt at IUI and it was successful!
Sep 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Pena, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Pena and his staff. Everyone I encountered in the office was always kind and caring. Dr Pena responded to every question I had throughout the experience immediately, and utilized video calls which kept the experience very personal to overcome the challenges of trying to conceive during the COVID 19 pandemic. I am so grateful to Dr. Pena and his team!
Shawna – Sep 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Pena, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Joseph Pena and his staff for IVF. My husband and I have had a successful procedure with Dr. Pena. His whole staff were patient, professional and extremely helpful. I wouldn’t be able to go through this lengthy procedure without their assistance and support. They got the job done. Thank you so much Dr. Pena and staff!
Teresa – Aug 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Pena, MD?
My husband and I met Doctor Pena after nearly 2.5 years at 2 other clinics. At that point in our fertility journey, we knew exactly what we needed in a fertility clinic, and we found it with Dr. Pena. Never have a met a doctor who was so receptive to our ideas and willing to hear and promptly respond to our every concern. You really feel like you have a team working to help make your dream come true from your first appointment.(For me, this team included Jess Castro and Alexis Rodgers, who were an integral part of keeping me calm and confident throughout my entire journey there.) My only regret is that I did not have the pleasure of meeting Dr. Pena before visiting the other clinics. I have no doubts that our journey would not have been as long as it was if I had.
Amy – Aug 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Pena, MD?
I am very pleased with my ongoing experience with RMA LI IVF. Having now what we know is considered unexplained infertility and a couple of early losses, our perseverance with RMA has helped us to become pregnant. My husband and I are thankful for all the monitoring, bloodwork, procedures. Although my journey has been lonely at times with COVID because my husband couldn't be there after March- I have always had a pleasant experience. Thank you to the lovely staff that helped us get to where we are today.
Aug 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Pena, MD?
After trying to conceive for a little over a year, my husband and I decided to seek help. Based on the recommendation of a family friend (who had used the services of RMA LIIVF over 20 years ago, before they were even called RMA), we decided to start our journey with them. We found Dr. Pena in East Patchogue (as they have many convenient locations across Long Island), and scheduled our first consultation. Many fertility specialists were postponing treatment and not accepting clients due to the pandemic, but Dr. Pena saw us virtually right away. From that first appointment, we felt at ease. We now had a team of medical professionals looking out for us so that we could really move forward with our desire to start a family. The entire staff at RMA is dedicated and diligent, and Dr. Pena is personally invested in each patient’s story and success. He really serves as a guiding hand throughout the process, and is always there for you when you have questions or concerns. His knowledge and com
Jul 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Pena, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Pena and his staff at RMA LI IVF! They have been nothing short of amazing and have shown that patient-centered care is at the forefront of what they specialize in. Since my consultation via telehealth due to the COVID-19 pandemic, I have felt at ease and confident in my choice to pursue IVF with Dr. Pena and his team. Dr. Pena is very knowledgeable, patient, and takes the time out each visit to answer any and all of the questions I have. The nurses and office staff are always helpful in listening and being of great assistance when needed. Being a first time IVF patient, it can be scary and intimidating with all of the unknowns. But with the comfort and reassurance from both the nurses and Dr. Pena, it has made the process seamless and less stressful. My husband and I had a successful first transfer and we owe our gratitude and a huge thank you to Dr. Pena and his staff!!
Nicole W. – Jul 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Pena, MD?
Dr. Pena and his staff were amazing and always helpful. I appreciated the multiple offices across the Island as it truly assisted with my busy schedule. Despite having such low chances of conceiving, Dr. Pena got me pregnant with my first transfer. And got an astronomical amount of eggs the first try. I was private pay as my insurance doesn’t cover anything and the office was super helpful every step of the way. Thank you LI RMA IVF and Dr. Pena
Jul 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Pena, MD?
I have nothing but positive things to say about Dr Pena and his entire staff. It is very nerve wrecking walking into an office to see an infertility specialist, but from the moment that I walked through the door, I felt at home. Everyone is very kind, patient, caring, empathetic, and extremely knowledgeable. The staff is super accommodating. They have multiple offices throughout Long Island, which is a huge convenience if you work full time. I am a single mom, and I am advanced maternal age, and Dr Pena was able to give me a positive result after my 2nd IUI. If you want a baby, look no further...Dr Pena is your man!!
Jul 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Pena, MD?
From the first day my husband and I met Dr Pena and his whole staff, they have been so fantastic. I always felt a strong sense of kindness. They are patient and willing to answer any question, at any time. During my time at RMA, I mainly was under the care of Dr. Pena, Alexis and Jess and I couldn’t be more pleased! RMA was the first fertility office I went to, and knew it would be the one for me! Dr. Pena was very informative during my first meeting. Since then, I maintained confident that he would make me and my husband’s dreams come true. I highly recommend Dr Pena and the whole staff at RMA!!
Danielle C – Jul 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Pena, MD?
Dr. Pena and his staff were fantastic to work with. I was so nervous after two natural losses and being advanced maternity age. I had a bad experience with a different RE, and Dr. Pena was amazing. When I bled early in my pregnancy, he said I could come in again to ease my concerns. The staff were always accommodating. The best quality of his is that he will call you at any time or day during all this if you have an urgent matter or will email you. He is kind, intelligent, and honest with your chances and what he thinks you should do. He has given us our gift of pregnancy.
Jun 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Pena, MD?
Being the first fertility clinic I went to, it was very scary at first not knowing what to expect. The more I went for appointments the more I appreciated this clinic and the staff. The morning monitoring hours in multiple locations is great when working full time. Dr. Pena , Jess and Alexis have been great throughout the process. When I got pregnant I emailed DR. PENA more than once a week and he would call me within 30 minutes and take his time with my questions and concerns. He has been very informative and is very knowledgeable. I highly recommend him and his staff and am so thankful for them !
Jun 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Pena, MD?
Dr Pena & the whole staff were excellent. Dr Pena was very patient from beginning to end. Answered all of my my million questions. I highly recommend RMA especially Dr Pena.
Jun 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Pena, MD?
An excellent doctor highly recommend
Jun 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Pena, MD?
I cannot say enough good things about RMA Long Island. From the moment I first contacted the East Patchogue office, everyone in the office was so helpful and informative. All my questions or concerns were always answered in a timely manner and everyone always had a smile on their face. The entire office and practice is such a well oiled machine that I never had to worry about anything. Every single employee in the office always knows what they are doing without question. Every single step of my process was simple and well explained to me whether it was by the Dr, a nurse, a sono tech or the receptionist. Medications were always ordered on time and sent to my pharmacy within minutes of me speaking to someone. This process can be very overwhelming and stressful (which does not help) but with this practice I did not feel overwhelmed or stressed at all. I also never felt rushed when I was meeting with anyone. Even with an office full of patients I always felt like I was the priorit
Jennifer I – May 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Pena, MD?
Dr. Peña and his staff were amazing! I can't recommend them enough! We came to Dr. Peña's office after an unpleasant experience at a different clinic, and it was like night and day. The offices are run so smoothly and appointment schedules are organized so well, I barely ever had to wait to be seen. Dr. Peña is knowledgeable, caring, and patient, and he explained everything and would answer all questions, probably multiple times. Thank you, Dr. Peña, Alexis, Jess, Daisy, Peggy, Karen, and anyone else who I didn't get to know by name, you all were there for us through it all, and we are truly grateful!
Apr 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Pena, MD?
Dr. Pena and his staff are professional and kind. They are always there to answer questions in a quick and thorough manner. It is nice to feel like you are in such capable hands while going through the stress of ivf. Dr. Pena answers email with a phone call right away and I never feel like I’m going through the process by myself.
Apr 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Pena, MD?
Dr. Pena and his staff at RMA LIVF are absolutely amazing. They helped my husband and I achieve our goal of getting pregnant. Any questions I had were answered and explained immediately . Also they are always available for questions or concerns at any time . Would definitely recommend!
Danielle – Mar 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Pena, MD?
Horrible doctor. Will not explain anything to you and will act insulted if you ask any questions. He was extremely rude and had no concern for me as a human going through one of the saddest things in my life. He rushed through treatments and was not concerned about my comfort. It felt like he just wanted to rush IUI and IVF without going through the proper steps to understand what is really wrong with you. WASTING ALOT OF MONEY. The procedures felt almost violating due to the doctor’s rude manor. In addition the office staff is very immature acting silly all the time. Nothing about this office was professional. They have weird socks on their stirrups, not the usual “medical” stirrup covers that you see every where else. Also there are posters all over to like them on facebook and rate them. The place also looked run down. The whole experience was just disturbing! I would stay very far away from this doctor.
Erin – Mar 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Pena, MD?
Would absolutely recommend to any couples who are facing infertility issues. Dr. Pena would respond to my emails and always reassured me everything would be ok.
Mar 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Pena, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Pena?

In college I contracted Guillain-Barre Syndrome, a paralyzing autoimmune disorder. After six weeks in ICU and then a year-long rehabilitation, I realized that I was drawn to the field of medicine. Having been a patient myself, I know the importance of having a caring and competent physician.

• Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility