Dr. Joseph Pena, MD

Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility | Male

Long Island IVF 8 Corporate Center Dr Ste 101 Melville, NY 11747 Get Directions
Dr. Joseph Pena, MD
Dr. Joseph Pena, MD is a reproductive endocrinology & infertility doctor who practices in Melville, NY. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 21 years. Dr. Pena is affiliated with Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center, Plainview Hospital and North Shore University Hospital Syosset.

Dr. Pena's Care Philosophy

In college I contracted Guillain-Barre Syndrome, a paralyzing autoimmune disorder. After six weeks in ICU and then a year-long rehabilitation, I realized that I was drawn to the field of medicine. Having been a patient myself, I know the importance of having a caring and competent physician.

Dr. Pena's Experience

See how Dr. Pena's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Pena

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Pena has admitting privileges.

Dr. Pena's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Pena to family and friends
Dr. Pena's Performance
Deer Park, NY |
My entire experience with Dr. Pena and his staff was nothing short of amazing. They helped me to build my family!
in West Sayville, NY |
There are not enough words to say how grateful I am to Dr. Pena and his staff. From my first visit, I felt comfortable and knew I was in good hands. Besides being extremely knowledgeable, Dr. Pena is so kind. He not only takes the time to explain things but he also takes the time to make me laugh. It is so rare to find a doctor that practices from his heart and I am so grateful to Dr. Pena for going above and beyond to make my dreams come true. I would give him a million stars if I could.
in Jamaica, NY |
Dr. Pena is on of the best doctor who came to our life and succeeded our dream of becoming parents. He is the 4th infertility doctor we saw in last 4 years, but in few months he succeed this mission. He is very knowledgeable, puntual and attentative. Beside almighty God, he has the magic to bring dreams come true to be parents. Good job Dr. Pena, you dont only deserve 5 star, but maximum star there can be.
Bridgehampton, NY |
Dr. Pena is the third infertility doctor I've seen. He listened to me and was attentive to my medical history. I finally have answers to my questions (after 9 years and multiple miscarriages). I'm now pregnant and felt comfortable the fist few weeks with his monitoring my progress. My husband and I are very thankful to have had him as our doctor . We highly recommend Dr. Pena and his staff.
in Patchogue, NY |
Dr. Pena and the entire staff at Long Island IVF East Patchogue are excellent! Dr. Pena is very thorough when answering questions or explaining procedures. He also has a great sense of humor which helped put me at ease throughout my entire experience. The staff members are extremely knowledgeable and compassionate. I instantly felt comfortable and supported from the first time I called to book a consultation. I simply cannot say enough good things about Dr. Pena and his team at Long Island IVF!
East Setauket, NY |
The best doctor and staff
Ronkonkoma, NY |
Dr. Pena is absolutely amazing. He always makes sure that he answers all your questions in full detail. He answers your emails and returns your phone calls in a timely manner. My husband and I felt very comfortable with Dr. Pena and also his staff. Dr. Pena treated me with great respect and I will recommend him to anyone who needs fertility treatment.
in Center Moriches, NY |
Dr. Pena was the most amazing doctor. He was attentive, thorough, personable, compassionate, and always made me feel comfortable and confident in his care and judgment. The staff made me feel like family every time I visited (which felt like a lot!). Although I am thrilled to be pregnant, I am so sad to "graduate", and Dr. Pena put it. He helped me find a great OBGYN, but I will still miss him and Long Island IVF. I will be back and would recommend anyone! After a long and frustrating journ
Medford, NY |
Amazing doctor and staff and LIIVF! They all care and as busy as dr. Pena can be he always finds the time for you. He never cuts corners. Myself and my husband felt very comfortable with him. We even referred our best friends to use him. You will get the care that you deserve!
Ronkonkoma, NY |
Love Dr Pena and his staff!
Mastic, NY |
Very knowledgeable and works with you on what you feel comfortable with.
in Babylon, NY |
Dr Pena and all of LI IVF staff were all professional, supportive and extremely helpful during a the process. Everyone was informative and answered any questions/concerns throughout the process, and never made me feel like a number. There are many layers involved in the IVF process and anyone I was in contact with at any of the offices eased my concerns. Dr Pena was always available and there was daily followup fr my nurse. We highly recommend LI IVF
in patchogue ny |
EXCELLENT!!! Dr. Pena is an amazing doctor full of patience, compassion and professionalism. He will make you feel completely comfortable.
in Middle Island, NY |
Dr. Pena is attentive, patient and makes you feel like the most important patient. He is easy to communicate with and is always reachable if needed. Your success is his success and is compassionate when necessary. I would most definitely recommend Dr. Pena and the staff at the Patchogue office of Long Island IVF.
in Ronkonkoma, NY |
AS PATIENTS MY WIFE AND I WERE VERY SATISFIED WITH THE RESULTS THAT WE HAVE RECIEVED WITH DR PENA. WE FELT VERY COMFORTABLE WITH HIM AND HE HAS BEEN VERY PATIENT AND HAS BEEN ABLE TO HAVE THE ANSWERS TO ALL OF OUR QUESTIONS. LASTLY I WOULD LIKE TO ADD THAT DR PENA HAS BEEN VERY DEPENDABLE THROUGHT OUR PROCESS.
in Holtsville, NY |
Dr Pena is a very thoughtful, compassionate & knowledgeable doctor. He takes the time out to answer any question you may have & my husband & I never felt rushed when we were talking to him. It was great to see him at almost all my visits and knowing that he was doing all the procedures and tests. I have tried IVF a few times with other doctors that have never worked. I didn't feel as comfortable with the other doctors as I did with Dr Pena. Maybe thats why I have 2 miracles now
in Kings Park, NY |
Dr. Pena is a very knowledgeable, thoughtful, and compassionate doctor. He takes time to get to know his patient, and understand their needs. Dr. Pena is thorough in explaining what to expect during the process, as well as providing risks, and success rates. His bedside manner truly wonderful. He took time to answer all questions, and clarify any areas that required clarification. His staff is equally as attentive and supportive; providing necessary information along the way.
in Smithtown, NY |
Dr. Pena and his office staff are wonderful! My husband and I found Dr. Pena to be not only extremely knowledgeable and effective, but also attentive and extremely calming and humorous during what could otherwise be a potentially difficult time. Also, I cannot say enough about how amazing his staff is in the East Patchogue office. We are expecting our first child (actually children, as it is twins) and could not be any happier or more grateful to him and the ladies in the office.
Shoreham, NY |
My husband and I are beyond grateful to Dr. Pena and we are now expecting our first child! We can't say enough wonderful things about him and his staff!
in Huntington, NY |
I didn't know Dr. Peña very long before I discovered I was pregnant but he was so kind and knowledgeable when answering all of my questions. Each time I emailed him I received a response within the half hour. His staff was also so kind and friendly. His business hours were so accommodating that I didn't have to miss any time at work for any of the blood work or ultrasounds. I really can't say enough great things about their whole team! Highly recommend Dr Peña and his team!
Port Jefferson, NY |
Dr Pena was very helpful and efficient. We had great success with him, and will return (if needed) for a second child.
in Deer Park, NY |
We had the best experience with Dr. Pena and his staff st LI IVF. Dr. Pena is the reason we have our son today. He was always available through phone or email to answer any questions. Jessica was our nurse. She was so personable and supportive. We had such a great experience and are ever so grateful.
East Hampton, NY |
Dr. Pena and his staff at the East Patchogue office were wonderful. They were always available to answer my questions and were very supportive through the IVF process. I would definitely recommend him to a friend.
in patchogue ny |
Dr. Pena and his team were very professional and comforting. They explained everything in detail and always answered all my questions. I would highly recommend this office as they all were excellent even down to the receptionist. Thank you again for giving me and my family a new little blessing!
in Brentwood |
Me and my wife had a beautiful baby boy name Joseph a year ago we dr Pena trhu IVF him and his whole staff were so nice to us . We will definitely considering going there again. We highly recommend to anyone who wants to start a family thru IVF
Bay Shore, NY |
Dr. Pena and his staff are amazing and so helpful! I would highly recommended him to anyone needing fertility treatment.
in Lindenhurst, NY |
Dr Pena is a great and very experienced / knowledgable doctor .His team is also very knowledgeable and professional.I highly recommend Dr Pena and his staff at West Islip office.
in West Islip, NY |
Recently I went to see Dr Pena at his office and I was completely happy with my visits with him and the nurses , they were all very nice and professional each time I saw them. They stay in contact with you each time you get results back right away calling to tell you or explain anything. Anytime I had a question or concern they always got back to me right away which is always a plus.I appreciated their help and I'm glad I went to his office. Thank you Dr Pena Sincerely Tara
in West Sayville, NY |
Dr. Pena was excellent. He is very knowledgeable, passionate about what he does and has excellent bedside manner. I was very comfortable as a patient there, and trusted him 100%. He answered all of my questions with ease, and I come away with a positive experience.
in Huntington Station, NY |
Dr. Pena and his staff are great. They all have wonderful bed side manner and always treated me with great respect and care, like I was a person, not just another cash cow. I had a terrible experience with another doctor at the LI IVF family and felt like I was completely lost and had no control in my own treatment. Dr. Pena changed that and made me feel confident and that we were definitely going to over come my diagnosis of infertility. I am now currently 7 and a half weeks pregnant. Thank you
in Nassau, NY |
HORRIBLE! Allow me to start of by saying that the girls at the front desk are very nice; however Dr. Pena was horrible. FIRST of all Dr. Pena called me DUDE!!!! WTH is wrong with him that he thinks its acceptable to call me dude!!! I told him im on natural thyroid medication and he rolled his eyes and said why did you not try to get Synthriod, well lets see.. Because it MY decision and my health!!!! He was nasty i would try to explain something about my health and he cut me off, didnt care at al
East Islip, NY |
Dr Pena is an amazing doctor. He is Matter fact, a doctor/scientist and yet so human. He truly cares about his patient and will answer any questions, even when he is on vacation! He spends as much time with you as you need and is there for you through the entire process. The staff are incredible and so caring which means so much. Having gone through the struggle for 13 years and having seen 4 different doctors, this is the ONLY place I would recommend! They made my dream come true!
Patchogue |
All the staff are kind and professional. Dr. Pena is a very caring, knowledgable, and experienced doctor. I would strongly recommend Dr. Pena and his staff to anyone looking for a successful pregnancy and to start a family.
in West Islip, NY |
My husband and I met Dr. Peña after nearly a year of unsuccessfully getting pregnant on our own. We were unsure of the options available to us prior to our initial meeting with the Doctor. At the initial meeting, Dr. Peña explained in detail our options and answered all of our questions. Throughout our journey to get pregnant we were impressed with how quickly Dr. Peña responsed to our emails and answered our questions.
in Bohemia, NY |
Very considerate and a great doctor. His staff is very attentive and caring as well.
in Lindenhurst, NY |
Office in West Islip was great, everyone was always helpful and informative. Pleasant experience during a difficult time
in Coram, NY |
Dr Pena and his staff in the Patchogue office are very friendly, organized and informative in the procedures. Peggy at the reception desk is so warm and friendly to everyone which makes it a great atmosphere. The early morning monitoring appointments are made convenient to get to work on time.
in Patchogue, NY |
I have been a patient with Dr. Peña for sometime now and I can honestly say he is the best. He and his staff are very helpful and supportive. Thanks so much for everything, you guys are the bomb!
in Lindenhurst, NY |
Dr. Pena was extremely knowledgable and supportive throughout our entire process. He came highly recommended from a family member and wouldn't hesitate to recommend him family and friends.
in Glen Cove, NY |
After what feels like an eternity of trying to start a family my wife and I decided to seek the help of a fertility specialist. Dr Pena came highly recommended from a family member who also went through the fertility process with him and now has beautiful healthy twins. From our very first visit we felt like we were in great hands. Dr Pena is passionate about what he does and shows in his practice. The staff is very accommodating and Jess especially is fantastic with answering your questions and
Dr. Pena is AWESOME! He helped us through our journey every step of the way! We trusted his expertise and appreciated his support from day 1! All the staff were helpful, considerate and caring!! Thank you all for helping to make our dreams come true!!
in Medford, NY |
Dr Pena is a highly professional and experienced doctor who made me feel very much at ease during a scary and uncertain process. His staff is warm, friendly, and they all truly care about their patients well-being. I highly recommend their practice to anyone looking to expand their family.
NY |
Dr. Pena, Jessica and the entire staff at West Islip IVF are great! From day one, they were welcoming, friendly and very helpful with every step of the process. I do not normally enjoy going to the doctors but I enjoyed coming here every week! This process can sometimes be stressful, confusing or upsetting but I never felt that way once I started coming here! I highly recommend West Islip IVF if you are trying to start a family!
in Woodstock, GA |
Brilliant doctor. Wonderful, compassionate man.
My experience with Dr. Pena, his NP Jessica, and the entire staff at the Babylon office was wonderful. They were caring, informative, punctual, and always helpful. I highly recommend Dr.Pena and this location.
in Long Island, NY |
This is my second time using Dr. Pena and we had success the first time that I came back to have our second child. The office staff is always so sweet and sincere and caring. The appointments are always so accommodating. Dr. Pena is always on point and always makes me feel comfortable in this whole process. It has been an amazing experience from start to finish every time... Thank you so much for helping with my daughter and look forward to what the future holds this time for us.
in Islip Terrace, NY |
Doctor Pena and his staff at Long Island IVF are superstars. My wife and I had our first child with the help of Doctor Pena, and we are just starting on baby number two. The staff is kind and informative. Patients are kept well informed, and always made to feel comfortable during the entire process. Doctor Pena understands the miracle of life AND what that miracle means to you.
in Bronx, NY |
I was referred to Dr.Pena by my OB/GYN. He is a great doctor,highly knowledgable and friendly with good sense of humor. The staff is also very supportive and answer concerns and queries in a timely manner, whether its billing or anything treatment related.I highly recommend Dr. Pena to anyone with fertility issues.
in West Islip, NY |
Under Dr. Pena's direction my husband and I were able to conceive our first baby with our first round of IVF! The entire process can be stressful and emotional, but Dr. Pena and his staff in the West Islip office made everything so much easier for both of us.They were there to answer any questions and put our mind at ease. Jess is wonderful, no matter how often I call her with ridiculous questions! The entire staff made this experience as easy as possible for us and I am so happy we chose them!
in Smithtown, NY |
Very Good doctor!! Thanks to Dr. Pena my wife could have pregnancy. His treatment is great. It was a very good experience for us. We really appreciate it.
Have you seen Dr. Joseph Pena, MD?
Are you Dr. Pena?

Compare Dr. Pena

Dr. Pena's Care Philosophy

Dr. Pena's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility
  •  Board certified in Fertility & Reproductive Endocrinology and Obstetrics & Gynecology

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Pena's Board Certifications

• Female Infertility
  • Infertility
  • Leiomyoma
  • Male Infertility
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Multiple Miscarriages
  • Ovulatory Dysfunction
  • Perimenopause
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Premature Ovarian Failure
  • Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Tubal Block

Completed in 2003

Rensselaer

Graduated in 1992

• Tagalog

Dr. Pena does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Pena and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility

• Hysterosalpingography
  • In Vitro Fertilization
  • Infertility Treatment
  • Intra Uterine Insemination
  • Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
  • Ovulation Induction
  • Pregnancy Ultrasound
  • Preimplantion Genetic Diagnosis (PGD)
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening