Dr. Joseph Pena, MD

Dr. Pena
Telehealth services available

Long Island Fertility Pllc

100 Hospital Rd Ste 202 East Patchogue, NY 11772

Dr. Joseph Pena, MD is a Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility Specialist in East Patchogue, NY. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center and North Shore University Hospital Syosset. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Pena to book an appointment.

Compare Dr. Joseph Pena, MD with other Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility Specialists near you

Dr. Pena's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Pena

1.2096774193548387%

Dr. Pena
Dr. Pena and the staff at RMA Long Island IVF have been so wonderful throughout my IVF journey. From my very first consultation with Dr. Pena, he was always thorough in explaining all of the different options I had, and continues to be so patient when answering all of my questions. He set up a plan for me and my husband which was very easy to follow. I had 3 unsuccessful IUI’s but I had a very successful IVF cycle - it worked the first time! A special thanks to nurses Alexis and Jess - they truly are the best. They are so kind and always make me feel like they truly care about me and my specific journey. I highly recommend Dr. Pena and his staff to anyone searching for fertility help.
Sep 08, 2021
Dr. Pena and his staff at RMA Long Island have been amazing throughout my journey for IUI. Special thanks to nurse Jess and Alexis who have always been there for me since day 1 and made the entire process smooth even when it seemed difficult at times. They were always on top of things and answered any questions I had immediately. The staff was definitely very punctual on everything. On the first day meeting Dr. Pena, he explained the entire process and came up with a plan to begin IUI. He also made sure my health was good before starting any procedure and in the process discovered I have high blood pressure. I have PCOS and high blood pressure and was still able to become pregnant with fertility assistance. I did 2 rounds of IUI and got pregnant on 2nd round. My husband and I are ecstatic that it worked on 2nd try. We have been struggling with getting pregnant for approx 3 years. I highly recommend Dr. Pena to anyone seeking fertility assistance.
Lisa Alvarado – Sep 08, 2021
Dr. Pena and his staff at the RMA Long Island are awesome, they are always answering your questions and concerns at any time, i was doing IUI 2 times and the moved to IVF i got pregnant in the first IVF cicle. They are very puntual on everything and whenever i did not get my medications on time they will lend me the medication so i could start on time, then when i got my medications i had to return them witch i found very nice of them. Needless to say i would recommend this doctor and staff any time and their ours are very good, they work everyday with no exceptions. I was very satisfy with their services overall.
Sep 05, 2021
Dr. Pena and his staff have been very helpful during this journey. They are very knowledgeable and friendly. We are so thankful.
Sep 01, 2021
Dr. Pena and his staff at RMA have been wonderful throughout my infertility journey. His nurses, Jess and Alexis are super helpful and are very informative during the entire process. Dr. Pena is very knowledgeable and is very quick to respond to my emails or phone calls with any questions I had. There are a lot of decisions to be made and with the help of Dr. Pena and his staff, I felt confident I had the right information to make the best decisions. After three failed rounds of IUI, I am now expecting my first baby after my first successful IVF round. Even though there was a lot going on throughout this journey, I am super grateful for Dr. Pena and his team for their patience and for guiding me every step of the way. I would highly recommend him and the RMA East Patchogue staff to anyone struggling with infertility.
Great Doctor, Wonderful Experience! – Aug 09, 2021
He was very understanding and helpful in handling a complicated situation.
Jul 31, 2021
Dr. Pena and his staff are ALWAYS very friendly, knowledgeable and thorough. I always receive a call back or an email back in a timely manner when I have questions with an informational and easy to understand response. I highly recommend Dr. Pena to anyone seeking fertility help. His attention to detail and precision definitely puts him a step above the rest.
N Postiglione – Jul 29, 2021
I highly recommend a visit to Dr. Pena if you are struggling with infertility. He is very knowledgable. His nurses, Alexis and Jess, are wonderful. Dr. Pena and the nurses respond to e-mail messages quickly. I recommend asking about all of your options whether you are doing IUI or IVF. I did not get pregnant after 3 IUIs. I decided to do IVF with genetic testing. I got pregnant after my first transfer. I am now 7 weeks pregnant. I will go back to this office for when I try for my second. :)
Patient – Jul 26, 2021
Dr. Pena made our dreams come true. He is a true professional. Thank you!
Lance K. – Jul 23, 2021
Dr. Pena and his staff have been truly amazing throughout my IVF journey. His nurses, Jess and Alexis are wonderful. I felt so well taken care of every step of the way. Dr. Pena is very knowledgeable and truly cares about his patients. He is very quick to respond to my emails and took his time to listen to me and answer any questions I had. After my second transfer, I am now expecting my first baby at 43. My hopes and prayers are finally answered thanks to Dr. Pena. There are not enough words to express how grateful I am. I would highly recommend him to anyone struggling with Infertility.
Cassie – Jul 22, 2021
My husband and I are beyond thankful for Dr. Pena. He is a wonderful, caring and kind doctor. He has played such an important role in our lives and we’re forever grateful. Our fertility journey has been a long difficult road but in the end he made it possible. The nurses ( esp Jessica and Jasmine) are also very helpful, attentive and supportive. Thank you all for your support throughout the journey! Thank you Dr. Pena for this life changing experience. You made us so happy.
Jennifer Delaney – Jul 20, 2021
Dr. Pena and his staff in E. Patchouge are great. I have been going to their offices for many years and they have never given up on me along the way even when I felt I had. They are all extremely kind, knowledgeable, and helpful. Dr. Pena is professional, straight forward, and able to answer any question you might throw his way. Alexis is an absolute gem who made my experience the last year as stress free as possible. She is always on her A-game and brings so much peace to a complicated process. Although she and Dr. Pena are who I talk to most, the entire staff have been wonderful (Peggy, Karen, Steph, Jess, and all of the others). I am so happy to finally be pregnant after almost five years! Thank you RMA LI IVF!
Jul 19, 2021
After bad experiences elsewhere, on top of obviously struggling with infertility, the moment I called Dr. Pena's office it was clear I made the right decision. From the first interaction with Peggy on the phone it was obvious this office knows what they are doing and they care about their patients. Dr Pena and his team - Alexis, Jess, Melissa and Stefanie - are incredibly knowledgeable, patient, calm, and kind. They were all immediately invested in our situation, and there's no other way to describe the team here besides on point. I have not had to reach out to them for ANYTHING unless I had a random question - they follow up with every appointment and instruction like clockwork and they are always 100% aware of where I am at in the treatment cycle and what is going on. Having to turn to IVF for family planning is stressful, overwhelming, and at times extremely frustrating... and Dr. Pena and his team go out of their way to try and alleviate as much of it as possible.
Patricia – Jul 19, 2021
Dr. Pena is amazing! He is patient, knowledgeable, and there for you every step of the way during your IUI/IVF journey. Even on Sundays, he is there for emergencies. While a patient of Dr. Pena, I received the highest quality of care. More than that, he truly wants to see all his patients succeed in their journey and never gives up hope even when you think you are. He receives my highest recommendation!
Amazing experience – Jul 12, 2021
Dr.Pena is fantastic. He is honest, knowledgeable, and always available via phone or email to answer any questions that we had. The first time you sit down with him you receive your care plan and a folder with all the information that you need, they really make the process as easy as they can. I would highly recommend, this is my second time going to Dr.Pena, my wife and I conceived in 2019 under his care. I had a positive pregnancy test on the 3rd IUI and the second time I had a positive pregnancy test with my 2nd IUI. The staff is great. Peggy at the front desk is sweet and gets to know people on a first name basis (even with a mask on) Alexis is also amazing she is there every step of the way to answer any questions. They are also LGBTQ friendly which was important to us when picking a doctor. I am extremely grateful for Dr. Pena and his staff.
Krystal M – Jul 08, 2021
Dr Pena was always helpful and no nonsense. The entire staff was so considerate and kind throughout my entire journey to get pregnant. I am so grateful for their help.
Jennifer Wemssen – Jul 07, 2021
My experience started with a phone call to LI IVF, East Patchogue office; I spoke with Peggy on that day...this was the starting point of a long journey that has provided us with our first baby, born March 2021. Dr. Pena and his staff are warm and welcoming, which made the process of my many visits to E. Patchogue and Melville tolerable.
Jul 03, 2021
Excellent! The entire office staff is absolutely amazing. They make you feel so comfortable throughout the entire process. They are friendly, efficient, and caring. Would highly recommend!!
Alyssa – Jun 25, 2021
After unsuccessfully trying to conceive for about 1.5 year on my own, I met with Dr. Pena and his team at the Patchogue office and I could not be happier with my decision. Dr. Pena is very knowledgeable, kind, and he takes his time with you. He was very responsive and made me feel so comfortable during my IVF journey. Dr. Pena’s bedside manners and humor made me feel at ease each time I met with him. Dr. Pena and his entire staff are very welcoming, caring and compassionate. They are very responsive to emails and phone calls and really take the time to listen and help you along the way. Going through infertility can be challenging but Dr. Pena and his team put you at ease with their support and compassion. I am so glad I choose Dr. Pena and his team. After my 1st cycle I am happy to say I am pregnant. I highly recommend Dr. Pena if you are seeking fertility treatment, he is truly a blessing!
Jun 19, 2021
Dealing with infertility is already rough, but Dr. Pena's office and staff did everything they could to make this journey manageable. Anytime I had a question someone was quick to give me a phone call within a few hours and I was always able to get a nurse on the phone when I needed to speak with someone. There were no long waits for anything- appointments, results, or communications. Highly recommend.
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Jun 17, 2021

How was your experience with Dr. Pena?

In college I contracted Guillain-Barre Syndrome, a paralyzing autoimmune disorder. After six weeks in ICU and then a year-long rehabilitation, I realized...Read more

• Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility