Dr. Joseph E. Pena, MD

Dr. Joseph E. Pena, MD

Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility | Male

Long Island IVF 8 Corporate Center Dr Ste 101, Melville, NY 11747 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Pena's Experience

96Experience
Match

See how Dr. Pena's experience matches your preferences.

Why It Matters: Board Certifications

• Fertility & Reproductive Endocrinologynull
  • Obstetrics & Gynecologynull

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Other Education

Visiting Dr. Pena

Dr. Pena accepts 13 insurance carriers

13 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Pena has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Pena

Dr. Pena's Review Details
      4.8 based on 231 responses
      Experience with Dr. Pena
      Dr. Pena's Office & Staff
        10 – 15 minutes (214)
      East Islip, NY |
      Dr Pena is an amazing doctor. He is Matter fact, a doctor/scientist and yet so human. He truly cares about his patient and will answer any questions, even when he is on vacation! He spends as much time with you as you need and is there for you through the entire process. The staff are incredible and so caring which means so much. Having gone through the struggle for 13 years and having seen 4 different doctors, this is the ONLY place I would recommend! They made my dream come true!
      Patchogue |
      All the staff are kind and professional. Dr. Pena is a very caring, knowledgable, and experienced doctor. I would strongly recommend Dr. Pena and his staff to anyone looking for a successful pregnancy and to start a family.
      in West Islip, NY |
      My husband and I met Dr. Peña after nearly a year of unsuccessfully getting pregnant on our own. We were unsure of the options available to us prior to our initial meeting with the Doctor. At the initial meeting, Dr. Peña explained in detail our options and answered all of our questions. Throughout our journey to get pregnant we were impressed with how quickly Dr. Peña responsed to our emails and answered our questions.
      in Bohemia, NY |
      Very considerate and a great doctor. His staff is very attentive and caring as well.
      in Lindenhurst, NY |
      Office in West Islip was great, everyone was always helpful and informative. Pleasant experience during a difficult time
      in Coram, NY |
      Dr Pena and his staff in the Patchogue office are very friendly, organized and informative in the procedures. Peggy at the reception desk is so warm and friendly to everyone which makes it a great atmosphere. The early morning monitoring appointments are made convenient to get to work on time.
      in Patchogue, NY |
      I have been a patient with Dr. Peña for sometime now and I can honestly say he is the best. He and his staff are very helpful and supportive. Thanks so much for everything, you guys are the bomb!
      in Lindenhurst, NY |
      Dr. Pena was extremely knowledgable and supportive throughout our entire process. He came highly recommended from a family member and wouldn't hesitate to recommend him family and friends.
      in Glen Cove, NY |
      After what feels like an eternity of trying to start a family my wife and I decided to seek the help of a fertility specialist. Dr Pena came highly recommended from a family member who also went through the fertility process with him and now has beautiful healthy twins. From our very first visit we felt like we were in great hands. Dr Pena is passionate about what he does and shows in his practice. The staff is very accommodating and Jess especially is fantastic with answering your questions and
      Dr. Pena is AWESOME! He helped us through our journey every step of the way! We trusted his expertise and appreciated his support from day 1! All the staff were helpful, considerate and caring!! Thank you all for helping to make our dreams come true!!
      in Medford, NY |
      Dr Pena is a highly professional and experienced doctor who made me feel very much at ease during a scary and uncertain process. His staff is warm, friendly, and they all truly care about their patients well-being. I highly recommend their practice to anyone looking to expand their family.
      NY |
      Dr. Pena, Jessica and the entire staff at West Islip IVF are great! From day one, they were welcoming, friendly and very helpful with every step of the process. I do not normally enjoy going to the doctors but I enjoyed coming here every week! This process can sometimes be stressful, confusing or upsetting but I never felt that way once I started coming here! I highly recommend West Islip IVF if you are trying to start a family!
      in Woodstock, GA |
      Brilliant doctor. Wonderful, compassionate man.
      My experience with Dr. Pena, his NP Jessica, and the entire staff at the Babylon office was wonderful. They were caring, informative, punctual, and always helpful. I highly recommend Dr.Pena and this location.
      in Long Island, NY |
      This is my second time using Dr. Pena and we had success the first time that I came back to have our second child. The office staff is always so sweet and sincere and caring. The appointments are always so accommodating. Dr. Pena is always on point and always makes me feel comfortable in this whole process. It has been an amazing experience from start to finish every time... Thank you so much for helping with my daughter and look forward to what the future holds this time for us.
      in Islip Terrace, NY |
      Doctor Pena and his staff at Long Island IVF are superstars. My wife and I had our first child with the help of Doctor Pena, and we are just starting on baby number two. The staff is kind and informative. Patients are kept well informed, and always made to feel comfortable during the entire process. Doctor Pena understands the miracle of life AND what that miracle means to you.
      in Bronx, NY |
      I was referred to Dr.Pena by my OB/GYN. He is a great doctor,highly knowledgable and friendly with good sense of humor. The staff is also very supportive and answer concerns and queries in a timely manner, whether its billing or anything treatment related.I highly recommend Dr. Pena to anyone with fertility issues.
      in West Islip, NY |
      Under Dr. Pena's direction my husband and I were able to conceive our first baby with our first round of IVF! The entire process can be stressful and emotional, but Dr. Pena and his staff in the West Islip office made everything so much easier for both of us.They were there to answer any questions and put our mind at ease. Jess is wonderful, no matter how often I call her with ridiculous questions! The entire staff made this experience as easy as possible for us and I am so happy we chose them!
      in Smithtown, NY |
      Very Good doctor!! Thanks to Dr. Pena my wife could have pregnancy. His treatment is great. It was a very good experience for us. We really appreciate it.
      Dr. Pena is an extremely intelligent physician with amazing clinical judgement. He handled my case with care and made a personalized protocol for my specific treatment based on my condition. It was his knowledge and input that got us pregnant on the first round of IVF. He returned our emails with phone calls that same day, to answer any questions we may had. Jess is an amazing nurse, positive and uplifting - cannot ask for better
      in Deer park, NY |
      Dr. Pena is nothing but a true professional! Dr. Pena and his staff made a hard situation much easier to handle. Dr Pena and his staff are very caring and compassionate and will help in any way that they can! I would recommend him and his staff to anyone!
      New York, NY |
      Had a great experience with Dr.Pena and his staff. He gave us hope and made me feel at ease. Now me and my partner have a healthy and beautiful baby boy.
      in NY |
      Dr. Pena is amazing and I wish we would have gone to him from the start. Our initial consultation went great, we knew soon after we met him that he was the doctor for us. Aside from being extremely knowledgeable and patient, he has the best bedside manner and sense of humor I have ever seen in a doctor. He made us feel completely at ease and well taken care of throughout this stressful process. If that isn't enough, his staff is incredible!!
      in Bay Shore, NY |
      Great experience with Dr Pena and his staff. He and his staff were helpful, courtesy and responsive. We would recommend to our friends and family.
      I am very happy with our experience with Dr. Pena and his staff. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming. You really feel like they want you to have your baby just as much as you do. I am a worry wart, and I always need reassurance and have questions. The staff was always very good at making you feel like you have every right to ask your questions and they always get back to you with answers. Dr. Pena would answer my emails within hours when I would write to him. (Even just to reassure me)
      Dr Pena was very professional and was willing to answer any questions I or my husband had about our first iui procedure. Thanks to Dr. Pena and his staff, I am now 8 weeks pregnant. I would definitely consider using him again as our doctor should we need to perform this procedure again.
      Dr. Pena was very helpful and supportive throughout the entire process. He was very knowledgable and explained the reasons behind his decisions in depth and made sure we understood exactly what to do. All members of the staff were available to answer any and all questions I had. I was never embarrassed or uncomfortable asking questions and the staff always answered them in a friendly and courteous way. I would highly recommend Dr. Pena and his staff.
      New York |
      Dr Pena is excellent, very supportive and comforting. I would definitely recommend him to my family and friends.
      in Stony Brook, NY |
      My fiancee and I doesn't have enough words to say thank you to Dr Pena, after one year of trying my OBGYN requested for me to see Dr Pena "labeled" him as the best in Long Island and yes his definitely is. After see him just for a couple months I got pregnant on my first try with IVF. Dr Pena is very friendly and professional. He took the time to explain everything to us carefully. All of the staff in the East Patchogue office are lovely and make you feel extremely comfortable; specially my nu
      Have you seen Dr. Pena?
      Are you Dr. Pena? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Pena

• Female Infertility
      • Infertility
      • Leiomyoma
      • Male Infertility
      • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
      • Miscarriages
      • Multiple Miscarriages
      • Ovulatory Dysfunction
      • Perimenopause
      • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
      • Premature Ovarian Failure
      • Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
      • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
      • Tubal Block

• Hysterosalpingography
      • In Vitro Fertilization
      • Infertility Treatment
      • Intra Uterine Insemination
      • Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
      • Ovulation Induction
      • Pregnancy Ultrasound
      • Preimplantion Genetic Diagnosis (PGD)
      • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
      • Thyroid Screening

No malpractice history found for New York.

New York University School of Medicine

Rensselaer

Graduated in 1992

• Tagalog
      ×

Dr. Pena's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility
      ×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Pena

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Pena's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
      Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
      Staff friendliness and courteousness
      Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
      10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Pena

Level of trust in provider's decisions
      How well provider explains medical condition(s)
      How well provider listens and answers questions
      Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Pena's Care Philosophy

In college I contracted Guillain-Barre Syndrome, a paralyzing autoimmune disorder. After six weeks in ICU and then a year-long rehabilitation, I realized that I was drawn to the field of medicine. Having been a patient myself, I know the importance of having a caring and competent physician.