Dr. Joseph Park, MD

Dr. Joseph Park, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Joseph Park, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Charlottesville, VA. He is 49 years old and has been practicing for 13 years.

545 Ray C Hunt Dr

Charlottesville, VA 22903

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • CHAMPVA
  • CoreSource

Learn about Dr. Park

See how frequently Dr. Park performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Arthritis of the Elbow
Limb Pain
Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

Dr. Park's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Park "As a major referral center for Foot and Ankle Disorders, we manage routine as well as complex injuries and deformities sent from throughout all of Virginia. We also take care of both Univeristy of Virginia and James Madison University collegiate athletes, as well as athletes of all levels/ages. We utilize innovative non-operative treatments and work closely with our Prosthetics and Orthotics Department. However, when surgery is required, modern, cutting edge techniques are used to maximize patient outcomes."

Dr. Park does not have any board certifications listed.

• Achilles Tendinitis
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Sprain
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus
  • Marfan Syndrome
  • Morton's Neuroma
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon

• Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Revision Surgery
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Tendon Repair

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• Perelman School Of Medicine University Of Pennsylvania
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1999
  • University Of Virginia
    Medical School | Graduated 2004

Dr. Park has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Park has no media or publications listed.

• Korean

Dr. Park does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Park and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Park's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Park to family and friends
Dr. Park's Performance
Charlottesville |
I would highly recommend Dr. Park to anyone and everyone. As a patient suffering from a long term ankle injury, Dr. Park was assertive in making a plan to get me better in the best, quickest way possible. He was comforting to me as a first time surgery patient and very personable. His excitement about his work is infectious and uplifting to patients.
in Charlottesville, VA |
I went to see Dr. Park with severe ankle arthritis. This condition had completely disrupted my life. After living with it for two years, I was forced to quit my job as a nurse because every step was so painful. He recommended ankle replacement surgery, which he performed in March 2017. He is an excellent surgeon and I am eternally grateful for his expertise. Within four months, I was able to resume all my normal activities without any pain. He gave me my life back.
in lewisburg, wv |
I had mid-foot pain for years. A friend had great success with Dr. Park and I went to see him. I've never looked back. He reconstructed my mid-foot and after 8 weeks of non-weight bearing, I took my first step. Wow! No pain. I'll never be able to wear high heels again, but he told me that up front. My foot is partially fused and that is a small price to pay for being able to wear shoes that lace up and not have pain. I told him my goal was to be able to walk two miles. I can do that.
Montvale, VA |
Dr Park corrected my peroneal tendon damage caused by an improper surgery by another doctor. I'm extremely impressed with his knowledge, surgical skill and general optimism. I would highly recommend him.
in Chesapeake, VA |
Dr Joseph Park is a gifted surgeon with a wonderful bedside manner. Our daughter, a dancer, had a horrific break to her ankle. Dr Park was extremely thorough and performed many tests to check the viability of the ankle and gently presented the results and options to our daughter. She was so upset that she was going to need surgery - a plate and 6 pins. Today, her ankle is stronger than ever, and she will be able to return to the elite Repertory Company at college. Thank you so much Dr Park.
in Amherst, Va |
Joseph S Park, MD is the best orthopedic surgeon in the world. I had a S/P ORIF (Open reduction internal fixation) fracture -- right ankle/leg. Terrible break with fragmentation-butterfly effect/bone missing. He had to do major surgery to repair with 10 screws and a plate. I am completely healed and able to do all my favorite life activities, walk, run, swim, play golf and hike. Awesome! He is absolutely awesome and I highly recommend him.
in Waynesboro, VA |
My husband Gerald was 69 last year when he had a ankle replacement done by Dr Park. Neither of us has ever been more satisfied with a doctor as we have with Dr Park. He is extremely knowledgeable about his work, very caring and attentive. He takes his time with each patient and explains everything till you understand it. His entire team goes above and beyond.
in Edinburg, VA |
Dr. Park is an excellent surgeon. He did reconstructive surgery on my heel and the results were amazing. He is a very courteous and kind doctor that takes the time that is necessary to make the patient know he is there for them. I would recommend him 100% to anyone with foot and ankle issues.
in Stuarts Draft, VA |
I had ankle issues for years and finally was referred to Dr. Park. Now six months since my surgery, which entailed much more than was expected, I no longer have the ankle pain and I have more ankle motion than I have had in years. Dr. Park is very professional and caring. I would highly recommend him for anyone considering any type of ankle surgery.
in Grottoes, VA |
After suffering over 40 years with ankle pain from a coal mine injury in 1976, Dr. Park operated on me in April 2016. He has done such a great job that I am no longer on any pain medication. I would highly recommend Dr. Park to anyone needing ankle surgery. He has changed my life for the better.
in Blacksburg, VA |
I have been seeing Dr. Park for the last 7 months, ever since my general orthopedic doctor told me I needed ankle surgery. I wanted to find a specialist to perform the surgery and Dr. Park came recommended (offline) to me. I have been impressed with Dr. Park's knowledge, beside manner, and time spent with his patience. The UVA health systems and Dr. Park's team did an amazing job during my surgery and follow-ups. 6 months post-surgery and I get to start running again - couldn't be happier!
in Charlottesville, VA |
Dr. Park was beyond amazing in fixing my foot. I was unable to walk without terrible pain for months, but at 7 months post surgery am riding my bike, kayaking and working out at the gym again. I needed 9 different procedures and each one has healed perfectly. He's meticulous, personable, attentive, caring and appreciative of the patient's point of view. Dr. Park is a gifted surgeon, explains his plan and afterwards how to take care of yourself. Follow them and you will heal beautifully.
in Charlottesville, VA |
I have had ankle issues for years and everyone I spoke to recommended Dr. Park. He's excellent. He was very thorough and answered every question I had about the surgery, recovery and outcome. I really appreciated how he explained the issues I had and how he would fix them in a way I understood. He didn't sugar-coat anything either. He was firm that the surgery was necessary for my quality of life, but ultimately gave me the choice. It went well and I'm pleased with how my ankle functions now.
in Afton, VA |
Very much a quiet gentleman, & I felt confidence in his fixing my broken left ankle. The confidence was well placed in that a year later there is no pain & virtually the same range of motion & strength in my 73 year old left leg. Thank you Dr. Park. Oh, there will be 'waiting time', bring a book. (I consider the waiting time a UVA issue, not a Dr. Park 'issue'.)
in Verona, VA |
He initially took my injury seriously. I allowed Dr. Park to perform surgery. It 4+ months heal. Something is still wrong! It'll be 2 yrs in October and I can barely walk. I went to see him and waited for 2 hours and he never came in to see me. My wife was out of town and I needed to pick up my son from daycare. Careful! he seem not admit that HE didn't FIX your problem.
Waynesboro, VA |
The dr i had before dr park was a joke although he ended up refering me to him. Dr park gave me time and other solutions to try to avoid surgery, unfortuately with my case it did not work. Dr park did an execelent job in my book with the surgery (i said it was a piece of art). I would recommend him to anyone with a foot or ankle injury.
in Charlottesville, VA |
I highly recommend Dr. Park. He is very professional and knows what he is doing. I came in with pain in my foot when I walked and could not wear the same size shoes. Dr. Park fixed the pain and the size of my foot. I am now able to walk without any pain and just finish my first half marathon!
in Schuyler, VA |
Superlative! I am thrilled with the outcome of my (STAR) total ankle replacement. 72 years old. Able to walk normally again. Foot/ankle feel solid - no more pain. Very grateful for Dr. Park's expertise and kindly manner. Thank you!
in King George, VA |
Total Quack. Do not waste your time. Drove 2 hours to see him and it was a total waste of my time.
Have you seen Dr. Joseph Park, MD?
Are you Dr. Park?

• CoreSource
    Emblem Health
  • Gateway Health Plan
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA