Dr. Joseph Morreale, MD

Dr. Joseph Morreale, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery  ·

Dr. Joseph Morreale, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery specialist in Denver, CO and has been practicing for 10 years. He specializes in orthopedic spine surgery and orthopedic surgery.Read his story

Center for Spine and Orthopedics

1601 E 19th Ave Ste 4400

Denver, CO 80218

• WellPoint

No malpractice claims found for Colorado

Check Dr. Morreale's experience treating your condition or procedure

high
high

Dr. Morreale performs Disc Replacement more than 84% of his peers

Dr. Morreale performs this procedure more than 84% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Artificial Disc Replacement

• Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Excision of Scapula, Clavicle, Rib, or Sternum
  • Gout
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Spine Surgery
  • Spondylosis
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy

I strive to stay on top of the latest advances in spine treatment and technology so that my patients will receive the best possible care. My goal is to shorten my patients’ recovery time, enabling them to return to their personal and professional lives quickly.

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

3.8

Dr. Morreale?
Dr. Morreale's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Joseph Morreale, MD
I been going to the Spinal Clinic since 2001. First with Dr Jansen then switched to Dr Morreale. He is a excellent doctor. He removed the hardware in my back and did another surgery on my back after a physical therapist caused my disc to hyrniate above where my back fusion was. Dr Morreale listens when I go, does MRI to make sure I am not having pinched nerves or some other issues. He referred me to others when needed. Over all I have had pleasant experience with him and glad I see him now.
I'm glad to hear that you had a pleasant...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Morreale, MD?
The worst experience of my life. I barely survived. I went to a new surgeon who asked, "Who put that crap in your neck?" Broken hardware, spinal infection, sepsis, brain injury. He was rude and incompetent to handle my case. I think he is a terrible human being that verbally abuses patients, and when things go badly he disappears on the patients. A terrifying and traumatizing experience. He has terrible communication skills and will blame the patient for his mistakes.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Morreale, MD?
I was not happy with my first meeting with Dr. Moreale. His communication was brief and lacked any significant information about the back surgery I needed. I should have bailed out then but was desperate to get relief from my back pain. My recovery from the surgery was painful and lengthy. He was not helpful nor was his staff at that point. I had a huge swollen area on my back for months after the surgery which they didn’t address in any way. It was a negative experience to put it mildly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Morreale, MD?
Like the way he cane in , sat down, introduced himself and began to listen. I was impressed for sure and then answered my questions with no hesitation. He also explained my condition and told me what he was going to be doing to fix me. I haven’t had surgery yet but I now have no fears about my second conventional surgery as he really made me feel comfortable and seem to have a very genuine feel to meeting him .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Morreale, MD?
After multiple attempts to contact Dr. Morreale, we still have yet to get any of my mothers medical records. He has not returned any phone calls to us or the physicians requesting information regarding my mothers surgery. No follow up calls not attempts to reach out to see how she is doing nothing. My mother went in for a spine injury and has lost all ability to move anything. I will attempt to call him again in the morning and again attempt to get her medical records.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Morreale, MD?
I like a surgeon (and/or my doctor) to tell me like it is. Not into fluff and sugar coating medical issues. That said, Dr Morreale's bedside manner is tops as well. He takes the time to listen, explain things, and field any questions.
Thank you for your feedback, Terry. Listening to...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Morreale, MD?
Dr. Morreale, is an excellent surgeon & he really does care about his patients. I had 2 surgeries done by him & he did excellent. He listened to me when I told him to take a 2nd look at my c-spine MRI because the radiologist report was wrong, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten my neck surgery. Only thing is, I wish he would listen when I ask him to check out my t-spine because I have trouble breathing and have had trauma in that area, but after surgery I only see the PA not him so it makes it hard
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Morreale, MD?
I was exploring my options by interviewing several surgeons in regard to a serious back surgery. Dr. Morreale explained everything in detail from putting in a cage to inserting a artificial plastic disk. I was very happy as he took the time to explain my back problem to me, what I should expect and what is realistic. I am going to have him perform my surgery because of my confidence in him.
Thank you for choosing our practice and for your...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Morreale, MD?
Dr Morealle, his PA Rachel Cengia, and the whole team at the Center for Spine and Orthopedics was very pleasant to work with and truly professional. I had a L5-S1 spinal fusion performed by Dr. Morealle and it was the best decision I could have made. For the first time in many years, I can now lie flat on my back, or stomach, pain free.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Morreale, MD?
When I had my first appointment with Dr. Morreale I was very tentative about going through with the micro discectomy he was suggesting. The more research I did the more comfortable I became with the procedure and in the end opted to have it done. Once I had made the decision to move forward, Dr. Morreale and his staff did everything in their power to make me feel at ease. Following my surgery , I had immediate symptom relief and wished I had gone this route when the symptoms first bothered me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Morreale, MD?
Dr Morreale is a competent professional surgeon. He performed 3 surgeries. The neck surgery was successful. The othet 2 on my lower back and secro joint went well but did not solve my pain issue. Currently, Seeking assistance from pain management. Also, Dr Rachel Cengia is a good listener, gives sound reasoning. Office staff has always been courteous and professional. I would not hesitate to recommend them.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Morreale, MD?
Long waits and 1-2 min appointments. Does not look like Dr. Morreale really has time or intention to hear you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Morreale, MD?
I have seen Dr. Morreale for my SI joint pain and a herniated disc in my neck. I had the shot in my back/hip and no more medications or pain for that. Just scheduled surgery for my neck. He is a very nice man and always takes the time to answer all my questions/concerns.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Morreale, MD?
Dr Morreale delivered exactly as he proposed in my initial visit with him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Morreale, MD?
It was great and i would tell everyone to have their SI joint done if needed. I've had no pain for the last 6 months and not had to take any medication.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Morreale, MD?
Was dismissed, bullied and treated like a cow by Joseph M. Morreale, MD. Entire staff is hostile.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Morreale, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Morreale?

Insurance accepted

Coventry Health Care
Medicaid
WellPoint

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Morreale treats patients.

Compare Providers