Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Joseph Militello, MD
Dr. Joseph Militello, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Spring Hill, FL. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 19 years. Dr. Militello is affiliated with Oak Hill Hospital and Bayfront Health Spring Hill .

Eye Center

• CoreSource
  • Golden Rule
  • Medico

Learn about Dr. Militello

Dr Militello and The Eye Center Staff are dedicated to providing quality medical and surgical eye care in a compassionate and ethical fashion. Dr Militello has performed thousands of eye procedures and is accepting new patients.

Dr. Militello's Experience

Dr. Militello's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Cataract
  • Central Serous Chorioretinopathy
  • Chalazion
  • Chorioretinal Scars
  • Choroidal Neovascular Membranes (CNVM)
  • Color Blindness
  • Conjunctival Hemorrhage
  • Contusion of the Eyeball
  • Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Erosion
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Disseminated Chorioretinitis and Disseminated Retinochoroiditis
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen
  • Retinal Dystrophy
  • Retinal Hemorrhage
  • Retinal Ischemia
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP)
  • Retinoblastoma
  • Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP)
  • Retinoschisis

• Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • Repair of Brow Ptosis and Blepharoptosis
  • Repair of Entropion or Ectropion
  • Sutureless Cataract Surgery
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

• Tampa Gen University Of S Fl
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1999
  • Case Western Res University Hospital Of Clev
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2002

Dr. Militello has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Militello does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Militello and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Militello's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Militello to family and friends
Dr. Militello's Performance
in Spring Hill, FL |
Dr. Militello did cataract surgery on both of my eyes and implanted lenses that correct for astigmatism so that I no longer need to wear glasses. He is an excellent eye surgeon but he is so much more than that. I can not think of a single thing to complain about. I felt relaxed and comfortable about the entire procedure. I have a great deal of confidence in his ability. His procedures greatly simplify preparation and recovery. I would highly recommend him to anyone. I am a retired RN.
in Spring Hill, FL |
Dr Millitello is an excellent Dr and eye surgeon. He is a good Listener and has a great faculty to be patient in answering all and any question you may have.He is an honest physician and does not order tests or treatment that is not necessary. He and his staff treat everyone very kindly as if you were family. We are happy to recommend Dr Millitello for all your eye care needs. Mary & Joe Santa Maria Spring Hill Florida
in Spring Hill, FL |
I went to Dr. Militello for cataract surgery in July 2017. My cateract was so advanced that I was literally only seeing out of one eye. I became very anxious in the operating room thinking there was no way I would ever be able to see out of that eye again. Dr Militello and his staff (including the Anesthesiologist) were all very patient and kind and took the time to explain the procedure and calm me down. It became a positive experience for me and my eyesight is great!
in Spring Hill, FL |
I just recently had a cataract removed from each eye. The procedures were performed within six weeks. The entire process was handled very professionally and efficiently by both Dr. Militello and his staff. Dr. Militello was very reassuring and all of the medical personnel that I encountered made me feel that my care and comfort was of utmost importance. I now have 20/20 visioin in both eyes. I highly recommend Dr. Militello without hesitation.
in Spring Hill, FL |
Dr. Militello performed cararact surgery on both my eyes. The whole process was easier then a dentist visit and besides that, I no longer have to wear glasses after 50 years (I do need readers). I would highly recommend Dr. Militello, plus his whole staff is professional and very helpful.
in Spring Hill, FL |
My experience with Dr. Mititello was much better than I expected. I did not have any discomfort from the procedure he completed on my eyelids. I would and will be using his services again as needed. His office staff was very understanding and helpful. Thank you for your efforts on my behalf.
in Odessa, FL. |
Extremely professional office staff. The doctor explained risks associated with my procedure and he was efficient and on time. He was also very reassuring before, during and after my surgery. Over all it was an excellent experience.
in Spring Hill, FL |
Dr. Militello and his staff in the office and in the operation center where excellent. Everyone one answered my questions, explained everything and made my time with them wonderful. I would recommending him to my family and friends and have done so.
in Springhill fla |
I am a glaucoma patient and have never felt more comfortable with a doctor. Also had cataract surgery which was remarkable. Only word to explain this doctor is outstanding
in Spring Hill, FL |
Actually, the whole cataract procedure was a pleasant one for me. Not much different than getting a hair cut. I would have liked to seen some TVs in the pre op room, as your laying in a cot for an hour with nothing to do.
in Brooksville |
I needed cataract surgery. Dr. Militello and his staff were extremely knowledgeable, efficient and most of all, caring. I had lots of questions and I was quite apprehensive. They treated me like an intelligent human. They were sensitive to my fear, answered all of my questions in language that I could understand, and cared about me as a patient. Both surgeries (3 weeks apart) went perfectly. I would recommend Dr. Militello and his staff to everyone who needs eye care. They are 5 stars.
in New York, NY |
Dr Militello has been my Ophthalmologist for several years and I couldn't be happier.
in Spring Hill, FL |
I found Dr. Militello to be very professional, thorough, courteous and let me see the world in technicolor and clarity again after he painlessly removed cataracts from both eyes over a period of, approximately, three weeks......go meet him.....you'll like him. :)
in Brooksville FL |
Dr Militello and his staff as well everyone at Bayonet Point where FIRST CLASS all the way!!! I can't say enough good things about my whole experience! I would highly recommend Dr. Militello and his staff for any eye problems!!! G. Sheakley
in Hudson, FL |
Cataract surgery can be scary; not with Dr. Militello and his staff - even during surgery he put me at ease. The expertise and concern is apparent. I now have two perfect vision eyes and feel like a new person. Thank you Dr. Militello and your staff for anticipating my needs and treating me with respect.
in Spring Hill, FL |
Got great care with great results from two surgeries. Found Dr. Militello to be be very professional, informative, very thorough in explaining my condition, various options, treatment procedures, expected results, and projected recovery times. Additionally, his followup was outstanding to include personal phone calls to check my condition post-surgery. Dr. Militello would be a great choice for any eye care situation.
in Spring Hill, FL |
Dr. Militello was recommended to me by my PCP and I am totally happy that I went to see him. I was diagnosed with cataracts in both eyes and had both removed on week apart. I no longer need glasses for distance! Dr. Militello is kind and caring and his office staff is top notch and professional. I would highly recommend Dr. Militello to my friends and family...he is the best!
in Spring Hill, FL |
I have gone to The Eye Center for a number of years as has my father and daughter. We are three happy generations who have received excellent care from Dr. Millitello. He is a highly skilled, bright and very caring doctor and surgeon. He goes the extra mile to allay any concerns or answer any questions you might have. His manner is thoughtful and kind. His staff members are refreshingly courteous. I highly recommend Dr. Militello and am grateful for years of excellent treatment.
in Port Richey, FL |
Eye surgery went great! Keep Up the good work!! Great DR. an great staff!
in SPRING HILL, FL |
Than you Dr.Militello for. the pleasure of you. doing. my cataracts. I had no pain or discomfort.your professionalism comfort was gratefully. appreciated.
in Spring Hill, FL |
Dr. Militello is well-qualified, professional, personable and a good communicator. He explains any issues, what can be done to rectify problems and expected results. He performed cataract procedures and lens replacements for both my wife and me. In my case, one eye presented a challenge. He explained what the issue was and what he would do. We are very pleased with the results. We are confident that we are getting excellent eye care with Dr. Militello.
in Brooksville, Fl |
Dr. Militello has a very professional staff. They have good service down to an art.
in Hudson, FL |
My wife and me are for many years with Dr. Militello. He is an excellent Dr, taking the time listening and explaining any issues. Also his staff is very helpful and friendly. Unlike other Dr.s offices, the atmosphere is great, thanks, we guess, employees ( staff) working for a great boss, Dr. Militello.
in Brooksville Fl. 34613 |
I have been seeing Dr.Militello for over 8 years for my Glaucoma, and last year he did my cataract surgery which was great. I can read a newspaper and see distance without glasses! If you need a great Ophthalmologist, Dr Militello is the doctor to see.
in Spring Hill, FL |
I recently became a patient of Dr. Militello's. I am extremely please with Dr. Militello and his office. Here is what I like about this doctor and his office: (1) I was not kept waiting for my appointment; (2) Staff is courteous and professional; (3) Dr. Militello is thoughtful, and listens to my concerns. My cataract procedures were went extremely smoothly; (4) I was contacted by his office when I returned home; (5)I was given a calendar to keep track of my eye drop regimen.
in Spring Hill, FL |
I would like to express my deep appreciation for the fantastic experience I had with my treatment by Dr. Militello. He was very professional and immediately diagnosed my problem and suggested the appropriate treatment. The entire office staff is welcoming and made every effort to offer assistance with setting appointments and making sure everything was taken care to my satisfaction. Again, I can't say enough great things about this wonderful doctor and his kind and gentle demeanor.
Spring Hill, FL |
I went to Dr. Militello for cataract surgery. I also suffer from macular degeneration and do not like anyone or anything touching my eyes. I have been dealing with minimal vision and was nervous about this surgery altogether. The staff was friendly and caring, I was put at ease. The doctor was amazing and fast! All of my questions were answered and the results- amazing! I can see! Thank you to the everyone who assisted with my care from start to finish, you are all wonderful!
in Spring Hill, FL |
Dr. Militello is caring, understanding and an exceptional Ophthalmologist. He takes the time to listen to your concerns. Did an excellent job on my lens implant. Have recommended him to everyone that I can.
in spring hill, fl |
I just completed my cataract surgery with multi-focal lens implanted by Dr. Militello. Dr. Militello and his entire staff were so professional, efficient, knowledgeable in their field and friendly. Patty was so great scheduling my surgery and setting up all my appointment dates and even giving me a folder with the information. Thank you so much for for my new vision, Dr. Militello. I am a health care professional and highly recommend Dr. Militello for your eye surgery.
in Spring Hill, FL |
Dr. Militello's chairside manner is great, he listens attentively to what you have to say, and responds very professionally.
in Spring Hill, Fl |
Very efficient doctor. Office runs smoothly.
in Brooksville, Florida |
When you have worn thick heavy glasses like I did for most of my life and you have an opportunity to remedy the problem like I did, you are concerned about who will be the doctor that will perform the surgeries. I can highly recommend Dr. Militello you. What he did for me was truly life altering. I am 73 years old and now can go without glasses period. He is a kind and thoughtful doctor, explaining exactly what he would do and then doing it skillfully.
in Hudson, Florida |
Dr. Militello was wonderful . I had cataract surgery done on both eyes and surgery went perfectly. I can now read and see distance perfectly without glasses. I never experienced a moment of pain or discomfort.
in Spring Hill, FL |
Dr. Militello was recommended by a long term friend. My problem was diagnosed as cataracts. Dr. Militello carefully explained my options and as a result I chose to have him perform cataract surgery. The surgery was painless and the results were very good. I now have clearer vision in my left eye and have scheduled to have him perform surgery on my right eye in September. I highly recommend his service to those in need of eye care.
in spring Hill, Fl. |
I have been a patient of Dr. Militello for about 10 years and feel so lucky to have had him as my eye doctor. He is so pleasant , and helpful. Always explains everything clearly and does the appropriate path to solve my eye problems.. Most recently I had both cataracts done with wonderful results.
in St Petersburg, FL |
Very good office. Doctor knowledgable.
in Spring Hill, FL |
He is a very excellent and caring Dr. He takes the time and explains all the aspects of the procedures . I was amazed how my surgery went, I see perfect,with 20/20 vision in both eyes, It sure is nice to see clear again. All the staff that works there are wonderful. I would recommend anyone to go to him,because he is one of the Best !
in Hudson, FL |
I had cataract surgery with Dr. Mili tello and he did a very thorough exam and he explained everything to me and answered all my questions. The office is very efficient and the staff are very friendly and professional. I cannot say enough about this doctor and staff. I will definitely recommend this doctor.
in Spring Hill, FL |
Dr. Militello and Staff are always friendly and courteous. I had cataracts and was so afraid to have them removed. Dr. Militello was so great in explaining everything to me and to my amazement there was no pain or discomfort after the surgery. The lenses he recommended are fantastic. I can now read the finest print on everything. Great Doctor, Great Surgeon, Great Staff
in Spring Hill, FL |
I've been seeing Dr Militello for the last eight years. He is an exceptional Doctor with excellent staff.
in Spring Hill, Fl |
I saw Dr. Militello 2 months ago. I had cataract surgery & felt he was an excellent surgeon. The office staff is very efficient & I had a great experience.
in Hudson, FL |
Very good experience. Staff excellent. Doctor busy but took his time.
in Spring Hill, FL |
Dr Militello performed cataract surgery on both myself and my wife. We are very pleased with his care.
in New York, NY |
At every stage of my cataract surgery, Dr. Militello explained in terms I could understand, and gave me options. The result was beyond my wildest expectations. I experienced no pain or anxiety .
in Spring Hill, FL |
I saw Dr. Militello four different times from 5/30/2014 - 2/5/2015 for intensely burning, inflamed eyes. I told him I was also having blurred vision and double vision. He said I had blepharitis. He spent no more than five to ten minutes with me each time. I followed his instructions for home treatment, but the condition did not improve. I then saw a neuro-ophthalmologist and was diagnosed with thyroid eye disease. I don't think he is knowledgeable, thorough diagnostician. I don't recommend him!
Have you seen Dr. Joseph Militello, MD?
Are you Dr. Militello?