Dr. Joseph C. Militello, MD

Dr. Joseph C. Militello, MD

Ophthalmology | Male

Eye Center 120 Medical Blvd Ste 101, Spring Hill, FL 34609 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr Militello and The Eye Center Staff are dedicated to providing quality medical and surgical eye care in a compassionate and ethical fashion. Dr Militello has performed thousands of eye procedures and is accepting new patients.Read more

Dr. Militello's Experience

See how Dr. Militello's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Militello

Dr. Militello accepts 21 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Militello has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Militello's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Militello to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Militello
Dr. Militello's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (47)
in Brooksville, Fl |
Dr. Militello has a very professional staff. They have good service down to an art.
in Hudson, FL |
My wife and me are for many years with Dr. Militello. He is an excellent Dr, taking the time listening and explaining any issues. Also his staff is very helpful and friendly. Unlike other Dr.s offices, the atmosphere is great, thanks, we guess, employees ( staff) working for a great boss, Dr. Militello.
in Brooksville Fl. 34613 |
I have been seeing Dr.Militello for over 8 years for my Glaucoma, and last year he did my cataract surgery which was great. I can read a newspaper and see distance without glasses! If you need a great Ophthalmologist, Dr Militello is the doctor to see.
in Spring Hill, FL |
I recently became a patient of Dr. Militello's. I am extremely please with Dr. Militello and his office. Here is what I like about this doctor and his office: (1) I was not kept waiting for my appointment; (2) Staff is courteous and professional; (3) Dr. Militello is thoughtful, and listens to my concerns. My cataract procedures were went extremely smoothly; (4) I was contacted by his office when I returned home; (5)I was given a calendar to keep track of my eye drop regimen.
in Spring Hill, FL |
I would like to express my deep appreciation for the fantastic experience I had with my treatment by Dr. Militello. He was very professional and immediately diagnosed my problem and suggested the appropriate treatment. The entire office staff is welcoming and made every effort to offer assistance with setting appointments and making sure everything was taken care to my satisfaction. Again, I can't say enough great things about this wonderful doctor and his kind and gentle demeanor.
Spring Hill, FL |
I went to Dr. Militello for cataract surgery. I also suffer from macular degeneration and do not like anyone or anything touching my eyes. I have been dealing with minimal vision and was nervous about this surgery altogether. The staff was friendly and caring, I was put at ease. The doctor was amazing and fast! All of my questions were answered and the results- amazing! I can see! Thank you to the everyone who assisted with my care from start to finish, you are all wonderful!
in Spring Hill, FL |
Dr. Militello is caring, understanding and an exceptional Ophthalmologist. He takes the time to listen to your concerns. Did an excellent job on my lens implant. Have recommended him to everyone that I can.
in spring hill, fl |
I just completed my cataract surgery with multi-focal lens implanted by Dr. Militello. Dr. Militello and his entire staff were so professional, efficient, knowledgeable in their field and friendly. Patty was so great scheduling my surgery and setting up all my appointment dates and even giving me a folder with the information. Thank you so much for for my new vision, Dr. Militello. I am a health care professional and highly recommend Dr. Militello for your eye surgery.
in Spring Hill, FL |
Dr. Militello's chairside manner is great, he listens attentively to what you have to say, and responds very professionally.
in Spring Hill, Fl |
Very efficient doctor. Office runs smoothly.
in Brooksville, Florida |
When you have worn thick heavy glasses like I did for most of my life and you have an opportunity to remedy the problem like I did, you are concerned about who will be the doctor that will perform the surgeries. I can highly recommend Dr. Militello you. What he did for me was truly life altering. I am 73 years old and now can go without glasses period. He is a kind and thoughtful doctor, explaining exactly what he would do and then doing it skillfully.
in Hudson, Florida |
Dr. Militello was wonderful . I had cataract surgery done on both eyes and surgery went perfectly. I can now read and see distance perfectly without glasses. I never experienced a moment of pain or discomfort.
in Spring Hill, FL |
Dr. Militello was recommended by a long term friend. My problem was diagnosed as cataracts. Dr. Militello carefully explained my options and as a result I chose to have him perform cataract surgery. The surgery was painless and the results were very good. I now have clearer vision in my left eye and have scheduled to have him perform surgery on my right eye in September. I highly recommend his service to those in need of eye care.
in spring Hill, Fl. |
I have been a patient of Dr. Militello for about 10 years and feel so lucky to have had him as my eye doctor. He is so pleasant , and helpful. Always explains everything clearly and does the appropriate path to solve my eye problems.. Most recently I had both cataracts done with wonderful results.
in St Petersburg, FL |
Very good office. Doctor knowledgable.
in Spring Hill, FL |
He is a very excellent and caring Dr. He takes the time and explains all the aspects of the procedures . I was amazed how my surgery went, I see perfect,with 20/20 vision in both eyes, It sure is nice to see clear again. All the staff that works there are wonderful. I would recommend anyone to go to him,because he is one of the Best !
in Hudson, FL |
I had cataract surgery with Dr. Mili tello and he did a very thorough exam and he explained everything to me and answered all my questions. The office is very efficient and the staff are very friendly and professional. I cannot say enough about this doctor and staff. I will definitely recommend this doctor.
in Spring Hill, FL |
Dr. Militello is a dedicated physician and his professionalism is outstanding. His office staff exudes the same care and professionalism. I would recommend him and his staff to anyone....
in Spring Hill, FL |
Dr. Militello and Staff are always friendly and courteous. I had cataracts and was so afraid to have them removed. Dr. Militello was so great in explaining everything to me and to my amazement there was no pain or discomfort after the surgery. The lenses he recommended are fantastic. I can now read the finest print on everything. Great Doctor, Great Surgeon, Great Staff
in Spring Hill, FL |
I've been seeing Dr Militello for the last eight years. He is an exceptional Doctor with excellent staff.
in Spring Hill, Fl |
I saw Dr. Militello 2 months ago. I had cataract surgery & felt he was an excellent surgeon. The office staff is very efficient & I had a great experience.
in Hudson, FL |
Very good experience. Staff excellent. Doctor busy but took his time.
in Spring Hill, FL |
Dr Militello performed cataract surgery on both myself and my wife. We are very pleased with his care.
in New York, NY |
At every stage of my cataract surgery, Dr. Militello explained in terms I could understand, and gave me options. The result was beyond my wildest expectations. I experienced no pain or anxiety .
in Spring Hill, FL |
I saw Dr. Militello four different times from 5/30/2014 - 2/5/2015 for intensely burning, inflamed eyes. I told him I was also having blurred vision and double vision. He said I had blepharitis. He spent no more than five to ten minutes with me each time. I followed his instructions for home treatment, but the condition did not improve. I then saw a neuro-ophthalmologist and was diagnosed with thyroid eye disease. I don't think he is knowledgeable, thorough diagnostician. I don't recommend him!
Have you seen Dr. Joseph C. Militello, MD?
Are you Dr. Militello?

Compare Dr. Militello

Spring Hill, FL 34609

Narrow your results

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.

• Ophthalmology

• Cataract
  • Central Serous Chorioretinopathy
  • Chalazion
  • Chorioretinal Scars
  • Choroidal Neovascular Membranes (CNVM)
  • Color Blindness
  • Conjunctival Hemorrhage
  • Contusion of the Eyeball
  • Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Erosion
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Disseminated Chorioretinitis and Disseminated Retinochoroiditis
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen
  • Retinal Dystrophy
  • Retinal Hemorrhage
  • Retinal Ischemia
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP)
  • Retinoblastoma
  • Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP)
  • Retinoschisis

• Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • Repair of Brow Ptosis and Blepharoptosis
  • Repair of Entropion or Ectropion
  • Sutureless Cataract Surgery
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

Case Western Res University Hospital Of Clev

Completed in 2002

University of Florida

Graduated in 1993

Dr. Militello has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Militello does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Militello and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Militello's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Ophthalmology
  • Board certified in Ophthalmology

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Militello

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Militello's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Militello

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Militello's Care Philosophy