Dr. Joseph Michaels, MD

Dr. Joseph Michaels, MD

Plastic Surgery  ·
Dr. Joseph Michaels, MD is a plastic surgery specialist in North Bethesda, MD and has been practicing for 9 years. He graduated from Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University in 1999 and specializes in plastic surgery.

11404 Old Georgetown Rd Ste 206

North Bethesda, MD 20852

• Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)

Learn about Dr. Michaels

See how frequently Dr. Michaels performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Skin and Tissue Reduction
Wound Repair
Excision of Benign Skin Lesion

Dr. Michaels's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Michaels "The goals of my practice are to provide the highest-quality care and to exceed the needs and expectations of my patients. I treat each patient as I would a family member. You will receive personalized attention and a treatment plan will be tailored to your unique needs. I want to ensure that you understand your surgical procedure, the surgical options available to you, and the results that you will obtain."

• Plastic Surgery

• Plastic Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Plastic Surgery*

• Breast Ptosis
  • Cosmetic Conditions
  • Gynecomastia
  • Localized Fat Deposits
  • Skin Laxity

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• Perelman School of Medicine University of Pennsylvania
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1994
  • Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University
    Medical School | Graduated 1999
  • New York University Medical Ctr
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2000
  • Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery, New York University Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2008
  • Post Bariatric Body Contouring Fellowship, University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2009

• Alpha Omega Alpha, 1999

Dr. Michaels does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Michaels and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Michaels' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Michaels to family and friends

Dr. Michaels' Performance

Dr. Joseph Michaels is the most professional, competent, compassionate and dedicated surgeon. I'm extremely happy with the results, he was honest and realistic with the expectations. I absolute recommend him for any procedure! He is the best in the world!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
After losing 115 pounds naturally, I had a tummy tuck with liposuction and breast lift with fat transfer done by Dr. Michaels -- he has absolutely changed my life beyond words! Himself & his staff are so kind, caring and genuinely want their patients to be and feel their best. I'm so thankful I...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I felt very comfortable with Dr. Michaels as I described what had been making me self-conscious and physically uncomfortable for the majority of my life. There was no judgement associated with anything I told him. He truly listened to my concerns and took time explain my options and set...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Michaels and his staff are amazing. Professional, sensitive, supportive, efficient, clear, and honest. He is everything you want in a physician -- expert competence, transparent in expectations, and a really nice person. More than good bedside training, he is professional but also you feel...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I highly recommend Dr. Michaels. During my first appointment, I immediately knew that I had found the right doctor to perform my plastic surgery. He took plenty of time to explain the procedures that I would need to safely achieve the best results possible. He thoroughly and patiently answered all...more
Are you Dr. Michaels?