Plastic Surgery  |
Dr. Joseph Michaels, MD
Dr. Joseph Michaels, MD is a plastic surgery doctor who practices in North Bethesda, MD. He is 45 years old and has been practicing for 18 years. Dr. Michaels is affiliated with The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Suburban Hospital, Sibley Memorial Hospital, Inova Fair Oaks Hospital and Adventist Healthcare Shady Grove Medical Center.

11404 Old Georgetown Rd Ste 206

North Bethesda, MD 20852

Dr. Joseph Michaels, MD

• Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)

Learn about Dr. Michaels

The goals of my practice are to provide the highest-quality care and to exceed the needs and expectations of my patients. I treat each patient as I would a family member. You will receive personalized attention and a treatment plan will be tailored to your unique needs. I want to ensure that you understand your surgical procedure, the surgical options available to you, and the results that you will obtain.

Dr. Michaels' Experience

Dr. Michaels' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Plastic Surgery

• Skin Laxity
  • Third-Degree Burns

• Abdominoplasty
  • Adjacent Tissue Transfer
  • Body Contouring (After Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Botox® Injection
  • Facial Peel
  • Facial Reconstruction
  • Hylaform Injection
  • Liposuction
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Restylane® Injections
  • Skin Cancer Removal
  • Skin Grafts
  • Skin Resurfacing
  • Skin and Tissue Reduction
  • Vaser® Liposelection (Liposuction)
  • Venous Sclerotherapy
  • Wound Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• Perelman School Of Medicine University Of Pennsylvania
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1994
  • Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University
    Medical School | Graduated 1999
  • New York University Medical Ctr
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2000
  • Institute Of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery, New York University Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2008
  • Post Bariatric Body Contouring Fellowship, University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2009

• Alpha Omega Alpha, 1999

Dr. Michaels does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Michaels and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Michaels' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Michaels to family and friends
Dr. Michaels' Performance
in Alexandria, VA |
Dr. Michaels and his staff are amazing. Professional, sensitive, supportive, efficient, clear, and honest. He is everything you want in a physician -- expert competence, transparent in expectations, and a really nice person. More than good bedside training, he is professional but also you feel comfortable. It is not an office that tries to find your flaws and projects. They listen and help you understand what is possible and best. I could not recommend them more highly.
Salisbury, MD |
I highly recommend Dr. Michaels. During my first appointment, I immediately knew that I had found the right doctor to perform my plastic surgery. He took plenty of time to explain the procedures that I would need to safely achieve the best results possible. He thoroughly and patiently answered all my questions and addressed my concerns so that I felt completely prepared and confident before my surgery. The results of my surgery far exceeded my expectations. I am thrilled with the results!
Winchester, VA |
Dr. Michaels is a superior surgeon. My experience from the initial consult to post surgery care was excellent. His staff is excellent and your needs are always met. I could not be happier with my results and am planning a second procedure in 2018. Stop searching for a surgeon and choose Dr. Michaels. You are guaranteed the best results!
Washington, DC |
Dr. Michaels is the best! I have 10 years of experience, as a patient who gets fillers. I've never met a more precise, experienced, and knowledgeable Dr. Anyone looking to find the best Dr. For Botox and filler, Dr. Michaels is it! I have never been disappointed and neither have any of my friends! I get compliments all the time on how young I look!
in Washington, DC |
I am over the moon with my surgical results. I had a tummy tuck and liposuction after weight reduction surgery. I would highly recommend Dr. Michaels. He was professional and realistic about the results I would have and it is even better. I am so glad he did my surgery. Will be using him for my next surgery. Two thumbs way up!
in LaPlata |
Great experience with Dr. Michaels & his professional & pleasant staff. I had breast reduction surgery. It went great! No more chronic neck, shoulder or back pain! Look nice and clothes fit well now. Holistic aspect to treatment which works great. I highly recommend Dr. Michaels!
in Bethesda MD |
Dr Michaels is a very professional and caring physician. He listens to patients and performs excellent work. His staff is very friendly, professional and accommodating. I highly recommend him. Robin
in Arlington, VA |
Dr. Joseph Michaels and his staff are excellent to work with. From the initial consultation, through surgery, and the follow up care, Dr. Michaels provided top notch service. He really took the time to get to know me. He listened to my concerns and understood my goals in the procedure. After a significant weight loss, I decided to have the excess skin removed. Dr. Michaels really hit the ball out of the park. I couldn't be more thrilled with the results!
in Riverdale, MD |
I had multiple procedures from my breasts down to my thighs and I couldn't be happier with the results! Dr. Michaels was able to help me pick the implant size that I envisioned for myself and would feel comfortable with in my lifestyle. He also seemed to be able to grasp my idea of beautiful because we don't all aspire to be rail thin. Dr. Michaels is a true artist, look no further! Thank you Dr. Michaels and team!
in Rockville, Md |
Dr Michaels always listens to what I would like done and then tells me how he will accomplish it! He never pushes extra treatments. He suggests that maybe next visit his suggestion would b something that I would like to try. He seems genuinely interested in my well being as well as my appearance!
in Falls Church, VA |
What a great find, 2 of my friends referred me, and all 3 of us have gone with Dr. Michaels. My scar is not visible and it is well hidden. The amount of time staff spends with you is beyond exceptional. I will refer any one who asks! TOP DOC!
in Baltimore, MD |
This practice is amazing. Leah is very helpful, personable and very responsive! Dr. Michaels is down to earth, easy to talk to and is genuinely interested in meeting his patient's needs. His bedside manner is amazing, and he is brilliant at what he does. I saw him for a revision and I'm in love with his work. Thanks, Dr. Michael!
in Chantilly, VA |
My experience with Dr. Michaels has been wonderful. I've had two very different procedures with him and am so happy with the results! Not only was he kind and compassionate to me but his skill as a surgeon is excellent. His staff was very professional and kind as well. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone in need of his services. He exceeded my expectations and I will be forever grateful for the care I received. Thank you, Dr. Michaels and staff, for making my experience a positive on
Have you seen Dr. Joseph Michaels, MD?
Are you Dr. Michaels?

Visit Dr. Michaels

Dr. Michaels accepts 8 insurance carriers
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)

Hospitals where Dr. Michaels has admitting privileges